Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

57 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

RUDNE, Ukraine — Yurii Brukhal, an electrician by trade, did not have a very dangerous role when he volunteered for Ukraine’s territorial defense forces at the start of the war. He was assigned to make deliveries and staff a checkpoint in the relative safety of his sleepy village.

Weeks later, his unit deployed from his home in the west to a frontline battle in eastern Ukraine, the center of the fiercest fighting against Russian forces. He was killed on June 10…..

….After the start of the war in February, Ukrainian men aged 18 to 60 were barred from leaving the country but were not automatically conscripted, and many volunteered to fight. Volunteers to the country’s territorial defense forces, reserve units of Ukraine’s armed forces, were initially assigned unglamorous but safe tasks in relatively tranquil regions like western Ukraine, where the Russians did not invade. But severe losses of manpower in the Donbas region, where Russia is grinding forward with ferocious bombing and shelling, has forced Ukraine’s military to draw reinforcements from the West.….

….“It’s just horrible when you see what’s happening in the cemetery, and you don’t know when it will stop,” she said, reflecting on the rows of new graves appearing in Lviv’s military cemetery since her brother’s burial. “We are going to have lots of women without husbands and children without fathers.”…

….“We expected it to end in two or three weeks. Then in another two or three weeks,” she said. “When you talk with the soldiers, you realize it may not even end this year.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/02/world/europe/russia-ukraine-war-volunteers.html

If only Russia had not invaded none of this would have happened. Don't you agree that this makes it Russias fault ? 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

If only Russia had not invaded none of this would have happened. Don't you agree that this makes it Russias fault ? 

There are those in America who truly believe that if Trump was president, Putin would  have never invaded and thus it is Biden's fault.  They side with the Russians because it makes Biden look bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

The invasion and much of its fallout is Putin’s fault. However, on some level responsibility must be recognized for the course of reaction. If Zelensky chooses to not pursue peace, then he can share responsibility for the consequences of the war. 
No amount of blaming is going to bring back the lives lost. We can’t change the past but we can choose our future. 

33 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

There are those in America who truly believe that if Trump was president, Putin would  have never invaded and thus it is Biden's fault.  They side with the Russians because it makes Biden look bad.

The person I quoted is indeed an example of that. It appears that everything is politics to him. I can't imagine how it would be to go through life with a mindset like that.

• Like 2

Just now, el midgetron said:

If Zelensky chooses to not pursue peace, then he can share responsibility for the consequences of the war. 

To some level, I can understand what you are saying. On another level, the only responsibility being shared for the war is that they are participating in the war, but only in a defensive capacity. Zelensky is not conceding land to Russia because Ukraine, as an independent and sovereign state, reserves that right. Russia started the war and Russia can choose to stop it - but they don’t. They continue their bellicose rhetoric and aggressive attacks which are now shifting to include civilians. Is Ukraine responsible for their civilians being killed, when Russia is using anti-ship (not precision) missiles in dense population areas? No, of course not. Russia is responsible entirely. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

The invasion and much of its all of it's fallout is Putin’s fault.

I fixed it for you.

12 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

However, on some level responsibility must be recognized for the course of reaction. If Zelensky chooses to not pursue peace, then he can share responsibility for the consequences of the war. 
No amount of blaming is going to bring back the lives lost. We can’t change the past but we can choose our future. 

I guess you also think that Polish president Moscicki had some level of reponsibilty for starting World War 2 ?

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

[...] If Zelensky chooses to not pursue peace, then he can share responsibility for the consequences of the war. 
[...]

midge, please, don't descend to that level.

Would you accept Alaskan Free Republic (********s do put an eye on Alaska)? What territory you would give up for peace?

3 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

It seems there is goodwill on both sides over Snake Island:

Thats kinda Chernobayvka #x in the sea... "In good fate we left island" - comedy gold)))

On 6/30/2022 at 5:41 AM, ThereWeAreThen said:

I was thinking about Ruzzias anti aircraft systems and how theyre supposed to be the best in the world. Well how have they faired in this war?

I'm no expert but their systems (and ours) depend on the use of frequency variations that can be picked up and recorded when the systems are in use.  IOW, once we have a chance to record and "listen" to them in use, we can then learn to defeat them in future.  I doubt they'd be using their S-400-500 types in this conflict.

6 minutes ago, and then said:

I'm no expert but their systems (and ours) depend on the use of frequency variations that can be picked up and recorded when the systems are in use.  IOW, once we have a chance to record and "listen" to them in use, we can then learn to defeat them in future.  I doubt they'd be using their S-400-500 types in this conflict.

Seem S-400 is being used

S-400 'Makes A Kill' - Russia's Missile Defense System Trends After 'Downing' Ukrainian Chopper & War Time Delivery To India (eurasiantimes.com)

S-500 in mass production

Russia Puts Its 'F-22 Killer' S-500 Missile Defense System Into Mass Production As Tensions Boil Over Ukraine (eurasiantimes.com)

Though if I recall correctly, it was quite some time ago (months) that @DarkHunter mentioned that there would be logistical issues with developing S-500s en masse. Might be wrong tho.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

To some level, I can understand what you are saying. On another level, the only responsibility being shared for the war is that they are participating in the war, but only in a defensive capacity. Zelensky is not conceding land to Russia because Ukraine, as an independent and sovereign state, reserves that right. Russia started the war and Russia can choose to stop it - but they don’t. They continue their bellicose rhetoric and aggressive attacks which are now shifting to include civilians. Is Ukraine responsible for their civilians being killed, when Russia is using anti-ship (not precision) missiles in dense population areas? No, of course not. Russia is responsible entirely. 

Civilian casualties are always a tragic component of every war. Putin deserves responsibility for the loss of civilian life.  

35 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

midge, please, don't descend to that level.

Would you accept Alaskan Free Republic (********s do put an eye on Alaska)? What territory you would give up for peace?

If Alaska has already been lost, then it’s a matter of the price you would be willing to pay to take it back. Ukraine can now choose to pursue taking back the Donbas. Early on in the war they had the option to give up the Donbas for peace. They chose not to and now they neither have the Donbas or peace. I don’t blame Ukraine for choosing to defend their territory. It’s entirely understandable. Unfortunately, in war your choices are weighted in human consequences. Even the choice to defend what’s yours.

In 8 months how are we going to feel about the choices being made today? Certainly the human impact of those choices is worth our careful consideration. 

Edited by el midgetron

5 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Civilian casualties are always a tragic component of every war. Putin deserves responsibility for the loss of civilian life.  

Aside from defending their territory, what responsibility does Ukraine have in this war? 

3 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Aside from defending their territory, what responsibility does Ukraine have in this war? 

Specifically? Sending ill-trained volunteers into combat, In a broader sense, rejecting diplomatic avenues for peace. 

11 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

If Alaska has already been lost, then it’s a matter of the price you would be willing to pay to take it back. Ukraine can now choose to pursue taking back the Donbas. Early on in the war they had the option to give up the Donbas for peace. They chose not to and now they neither have the Donbas or peace. I don’t blame Ukraine for choosing to defend their territory. It’s entirely understandable. Unfortunately, in war your choices are weighted in human consequences. Even the choice to defend what’s yours.

In 8 months how are we going to feel about the choices being made today? Certainly the human impact of those choices is worth our careful consideration. 

Wow, basicaly you can sell part of your country for the right price...

Thing is, if Ukraine agree to peace now, in ten years russians will take over the rest, and you, as american, will have more powerfull adversary.

Think about it, russia takes EU, china-south pacific - you're toast...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Wow, basicaly you can sell part of your country for the right price...

Thing is, if Ukraine agree to peace now, in ten years russians will take over the rest, and you, as american, will have more powerfull adversary.

Think about it, russia takes EU, china-south pacific - you're toast...

According to the same people who mock Russia for not even being able to take Ukraine.

50 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

According to the same people who mock Russia for not even being able to take Ukraine.

Russia is not able to take Ukraine. I don't need to change my narrative every few days, like Russians and their groupies do.

Russia is struggling to take few more km, with 80% of their invading force focused on that small area. 

They're idiots. Incompetent idiots with total disregard for human life. That disregard is the reason for their temporary, limited advance, but it won't save them in the long run.  

But, an idiot is the most dangerous sort of animal, because an idiot doesn't respect life, doesn't think of consequences and doesn't realize just how stupid he is. So the idiots will attack - maybe Lithuania first, maybe somewhere else, but we are all targets. It will be their death, but what does idiot know of reality. They hear what they want to hear and Putler told them they're genetically superior. :lol:  

You keep implying Russia can be trusted. It can't. 

They sacrificed their own separatists in Ukraine and are forcefully mobilizing them, just to fill the meat grinder. 

Criticize that. 

And be convincing. *snip*

Edited by Saru
Removed derogatory personal remark.
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Yeag, problem is how US soldiers would perform... Just for the sake fairness

Zabul Province give high marks to the Lithuanian Special Forces, who like to ride these captured Taliban motorbikes to sneak up on, and chase Taliban fighters. The LithSof are on their way to becoming living legends: Both Afghans and Americans report that the Taliban are afraid of the Lithuanians. Stories about them are filled with dangerous escapades and humor. Americans say that the Lithuanians are sort of a weaponized version of Borat, who think nothing of sauntering around a base in nothing but flip-flops and underwear. They look like mountain men. They never shave, sometimes dont bathe, and often roll out the gate wearing nothing but body armor and weapons. Not even a t-shirt, an American soldier told me. The Lithuanians may be a little bit nuts, but the Americans love to have them around because Lithuanians love to fight, and when you need backup, you can count on them. That contrasts starkly with many of the NATO partners. Maybe when your country spends almost a half-century with the Soviet boot on its neck, its first generation of free soldiers know what freedom is worth and that you sometimes have to fight for it.

Its not just about Lithuanians by your side, think about Lithuanians joinning russians ...

(Ain't happen)

Edited by bmk1245
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Specifically? Sending ill-trained volunteers into combat, In a broader sense, rejecting diplomatic avenues for peace. 

Diplomatic avenues, such as conceding territory? You keep saying/implying that, but I don’t see how Ukraine is sharing responsibility for the war by not conceding territory in their own country. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Yeag, problem is how US soldiers would perform... Just for the sake fairness

Its not just about Lithuanians by your side, think about Lithuanians joinning russians ...

(Ain't happen)

I’ve got my own criticisms of the US military but that’s another topic. Still, there is a disparity between incompetent, hillbillies the Russian military is characterized as and their threat to global dominance, Personally, I see China as a far greater threat than Russia. I’m sure China is happy to sit back and was the US and Russia duke it out, 

Edited by el midgetron

Beauty of living under peaceful Russian terror - after looting and damaging Chernobyl, after digging trenches in the most radioactive soil on Earth, they're now literally endangering the world in Nuclear Power Plant Zaporizhia. Russian imbeciles wanted to turn off reactor cooling the other day, because they are in fact that stupid.  

This is what putlerians want you to surrender to. 

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-economy/3520525-no-safety-guarantees-for-iaea-mission-to-zaporizhia-npp-until-its-occupied-by-russia-say-ukraine-officials.html

"At the meeting with IAEA Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi, a mutual understanding was reached that it is not possible to ensure the safety of the IAEA mission to the Zaporizhia NPP, in the conditions of the NPP’s occupation by Russian troops. The only solution that can ensure the safe operation of the NPP is its complete de-occupation and return to Ukraine’s control. The parties agreed to do everything possible to achieve this goal," the statement reads.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

I’ve got my own criticisms of the US military but that’s another topic. Still, there is a disparity between incompetent, hillbillies the Russian military is characterized and their Threat to global dominance, Personally, I see China as a far greater threat than Russia. I’m sure China is happy to sit back and was the US and Russia duke it out, 

From ukrainians you'll learn how to fight on the ground, not just from above. Might be handy in the future (God no)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Diplomatic avenues, such as conceding territory? You keep saying/implying that, but I don’t see how Ukraine is sharing responsibility for the war by not conceding territory in their own country. 

Is Ukraine open to any diplomacy? Or are they committed to a death match with Russia?

• Like 1

By the way, China is not happy. Russian failure is so embarrassing they rather wouldn't have that stink on them too. 

Also, Putin is utterly bad for business. So China will make ritual ideological statements that disparage Western "provocations" and ****, but they didn't agree to assist Russia in their craptastic war against Ukraine. 

• Like 2

There is no valid narrative in which the victim of an illegal and immoral invasion is then blamed for prolonging a war by defending its country and not ceding territory.

By that ridiculous notion any aggressor could invade a nation and lay blame squarely on them when territory is not granted.  You don’t blame the homeowner when their house is burgled. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked