Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

12 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I ate a "be" up there. I'd be p***ed off, of course. Anyway. 

The latest example that shows pro-Russian narrative spammed on the Internet, falsely presented as "objective" or "pacifist" is verbatim official Russian stance. (Ukrainians have no own opinion, Ukraine must surrender, the West must surrender, the West is the reason why Ukrainians can't think of peace... grotesque. Just grotesque.)  

And more importantly, Peskov inadvertently admits that Russia cannot achieve its goal of defeating Ukraine, as long as there's Western aid for Ukraine. tee-hee. Off to the garbage dump of history with USSR and its zombie version, Ukraine is giving you a ride.  

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/07/3/7356111/

Dmitrii Peskov, press-secretary for the President of Russia, claims that Ukraine has to understand Russia’s conditions and resume talks.

"Kyiv has to understand Russia’s conditions, agree with them, resume talks and sign a document."

Peskov is convinced that, at the moment, the West leans towards continuing military action in Ukraine, and that allegedly "Western countries led by Washington…don’t let Ukrainians either think or talk about peace."

He also added that "sooner or later common sense in the West will prevail and the talks will resume."

Odd how Russia state controlled talking points sound exactly like some posters :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, godnodog said:

why Germany has issues in providing weapons to Ukr

https://youtu.be/8jDUVtUA7rg

**** man that's an hour long video lol.

Could you give us your TLDR summary of it ? I trust your summary 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Thanks 1

West blocking peace with Ukraine: Peskov
Moscow has accused the Western nations of preventing peace negotiations with Ukraine and thus dragging out the war.

“Now is the moment when Western countries are betting everything on a continuation of the war,” Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov told state television.

Source: Russia-Ukraine live news: ‘Many killed’ in Sloviansk shelling | Russia-Ukraine war News | Al Jazeera

Russia is absolutely delusional. The fact that they are shifting all accountability for this war to others is just perplexing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3520934-m777-howitzers-already-engaging-enemy-forces-along-entire-frontline-general-staff.html

Today, on July 3, 155-mm M777 howitzers are operating intensively along the entire frontline.

"The 155-mm M777 howitzers handed over to us by our allies are working intensively today along the entire frontline. They successfully destroyed the enemy's advanced command posts, ammunition and fuel depots, clusters of enemy equipment, and artillery batteries," 

• Like 1

source: Kyiv Independent 

Vasyl Bondar, Ukraine's ambassador to Turkey, said on July 3 that Turkish customs authorities had detained a Russian-flagged vessel carrying grain which was allegedly stolen from Ukraine. Ukraine earlier asked Turkey to detain the Zhibek Zholy cargo ship, Reuters reported. "We have full cooperation," Bondar said, adding that Ukraine hopes for confiscation of the grain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

West blocking peace with Ukraine: Peskov
Moscow has accused the Western nations of preventing peace negotiations with Ukraine and thus dragging out the war.

“Now is the moment when Western countries are betting everything on a continuation of the war,” Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov told state television.

Source: Russia-Ukraine live news: ‘Many killed’ in Sloviansk shelling | Russia-Ukraine war News | Al Jazeera

Russia is absolutely delusional. The fact that they are shifting all accountability for this war to others is just perplexing.

Its literally the mentality of an abuser. Blaming the other person for you abusing them.

Its ****ed up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

(Also, this is just one more example that shows Ukraine is brutally honest in their reporting. ) 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

**** man that's an hour long video lol.

Could you give us your TLDR summary of it ? I trust your summary 

German yearly budget laws, long term commitments with private sector that prevents long term partnerships. I didn't see all it yet.

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

(Also, this is just one more example that shows Ukraine is brutally honest in their reporting. ) 

Well he does fairly well at truthful reporting.

Did you see that Ukraine Twitter feed a few pages back. You can see the grass!!!

18 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Well he does fairly well at truthful reporting.

Did you see that Ukraine Twitter feed a few pages back. You can see the grass!!!

I understand why you are so excited with grass, but you can't graze it, it's just on the screen. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, godnodog said:

German yearly budget laws, long term commitments with private sector that prevents long term partnerships. I didn't see all it yet.

They fixed the budget now. It's a start. (Some 10-ish years too late, but so is everyone else.)

• Like 2

Ukraine confirms Russia captured eastern city Lysychansk

Ukraine's military has confirmed that the eastern city of Lysychansk has fallen to Russian forces.

"After heavy fighting for Lysychansk, the defence forces of Ukraine were forced to withdraw from their occupied positions and lines," the army general staff said.

Earlier Russia's Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu said his forces had captured Lysychansk and taken full control of Luhansk region.

Ukraine's troops were outgunned there.

Its general staff said that "in order to preserve the lives of Ukrainian defenders, a decision was made to withdraw".

Source: Ukraine confirms Russia captured eastern city Lysychansk - BBC News

Sucks. Hopefully they can prepare a highly effective counter-offensive to take it back, soon-ish.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago. Russian depots pop-pop-pop like popcorn lately :D  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

The 'grass' is too tall! :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

The 'grass' is too tall! :rolleyes:

To be honest, not much to see, I haven't seen any better videos or a confirmation, but it's consistent with other depots being hit, so I believe this one was indeed hit too. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Sadly, the Ukrainians are being pushed back. The Russian army may be incompetent, but it is big, and Putin's future rests on achieving some kind of victory.

That is why we need more offensive weapons, which we are asking for, otherwise we will retreat further. Russia pushes through with the number of soldiers, the amount of equipment and massive shelling, regardless of the losses. And our president prefers to retreat and take a better position than to hold and lose soldiers, so he says. In August, equipment from America will arrive, maybe it will be easier for ours to attack and now we are retreating somewhere and somewhere we win back territories.

• Thanks 1

"We protect the lives of our soldiers, our people. We will rebuild the walls, we will win back the land, and people must be protected above all else. And if the command of our army takes people from certain points of the front, where the enemy has the greatest fire advantage, in particular, this also applies to Lysychansk, this means only one thing: that we will return thanks to our tactics, thanks to the increase in the supply of modern weapons.

We are gradually moving forward - both in the Kharkiv region, in the Kherson region, and on the sea: Zmiiny is a good example of this. There will be a day when we will say the same about Donbas," the President said.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Well at least in that Twitter Feed the bushes are bushes, and not tiny little plastic shrubs in someone`s garden.

But what does the video actually show? Smoke rising behind some trees? This is yet more propaganda, we don`t get to see anything that looks like a warehouse or in fact any buildings. Why not claim there are 20 destroyed Russian tanks behind there instead? I`m sure if I search next month I can find the same video reused with the tank claim. Just as soon as the guy remembers where he left his spoon.

The guy obviously left his garden, went behind the trees across the road, and started a small fire LMAO.

Edited by Cookie Monster

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

To be honest, not much to see, I haven't seen any better videos or a confirmation, but it's consistent with other depots being hit, so I believe this one was indeed hit too. 

Consistent as in you would expect to see a smoke cloud? LMAO.

• Thanks 1

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Turkey has detained a Russian cargo vessel on the behest of the Ukranian government as they say it is transporting stolen Ukranian grain.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

and not tiny little plastic shrubs in someone`s garden.

Not sure why you find that video so unbelievable, considering it's already been geolocated and running a quick search on YouTube for "tank explosion Dibrovne Kharkiv Ukraine" yields a video of tanks exploding in a field that's pretty much identical to the one in that Twitter video.

Smoke rising behind some trees? This is yet more propaganda, we don`t get to see anything that looks like a warehouse or in fact any buildings. Why not claim there are 20 destroyed Russian tanks behind there instead?

I mean, you're not wrong - all it does is show smoke behind trees, but the fact that they didn't make some grand claim like the one you mention makes me suspect that it probably is not some kind of propaganda. 

Just as soon as the guy remembers where he left his spoon.

It's not propaganda - look up videos on Dibrovne near Kharkiv Oblast. There's literally no reason to believe it's fake when there are a bunch of destroyed, burning tanks in a virtually identical field (with the same charred craters, etc) near Dibrovne. The footage in the Twitter was clearly shot from a drone using a high-definition camera.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1

Another new development:

"KYIV (Reuters) - Australia will provide 34 additional armoured vehicles to Ukraine and prohibit Russian gold imports, Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese said in Kyiv on Sunday."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/australia-will-ban-russian-gold-imports-give-ukraine-more-armoured-vehicles-pm/ar-AAZ9o9k?ocid=msedgntphdr&cvid=440d52e5203d460f9a46efea3c1fa0e1

• Like 3

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked