Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

1 minute ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Not sure why you find that video so unbelievable, considering it's already been geolocated and running a quick search on YouTube for "tank explosion Dibrovne Kharkiv Ukraine" yields a video of tanks exploding in a field that's pretty much identical to the one in that Twitter video.

I mean, you're not wrong - all it does is show smoke behind trees, but the fact that they didn't make some grand claim like the one you mention makes me suspect that it probably is not some kind of propaganda. 

It's not propaganda - look up videos on Dibrovne near Kharkiv Oblast. There's literally no reason to believe it's fake when there are a bunch of destroyed, burning tanks in a virtually identical field (with the same charred craters, etc) near Dibrovne.

Engaging with CM in any meaningful discussion is pointless. He/She only wants to derail threads and acts as an unmonitored child at an adult party. His/Her consistently trollish behavior goes unchecked so I recommend "ignore" and not waste an ounce of intellectual energy on them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The West should put boots on the ground and stop this. Russia has invaded a sovereign country, and we are allowing it.

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Engaging with CM in any meaningful discussion is pointless. He/She only wants to derail threads and acts as an unmonitored child at an adult party. His/Her consistently trollish behavior goes unchecked so I recommend "ignore" and not waste an ounce of intellectual energy on them.

@Cookie Monster is probably smarter than a lot of us. A master troll like @Grey Area, they are able to pick at our vulnerable parts and get us fired up. Both are amusing once you appreciate what they are up to.

40 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

The West should put boots on the ground and stop this. Russia has invaded a sovereign country, and we are allowing it.

Where are the nearest nuke shelters?

I mean, following your advice, we'd all need them. I just don't know where my local one is

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Where are the nearest nuke shelters?

I mean, following your advice, we'd all need them. I just don't know where my local one is

This isn't Fallout 4. Who will nuke us? Putin's fireworks will probably explode on the launchpad.

1 hour ago, The Silver Shroud said:

@Cookie Monster is probably smarter than a lot of us. A master troll like @Grey Area, they are able to pick at our vulnerable parts and get us fired up. Both are amusing once you appreciate what they are up to.

I would seriously debate that. They don't necessarily get me fired up in any regard. They just are dolts who by and large need the interactions they try to generate by being contrarian. Being a troll on any level isn't about intelligence, it's driven by a damaged psyche. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Silver Shroud said:

@Cookie Monster is probably smarter than a lot of us.

I mean no disrespect, but I seriously and highly doubt that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I would seriously debate that. They don't necessarily get me fired up in any regard. They just are dolts who by and large need the interactions they try to generate by being contrarian. Being a troll on any level isn't about intelligence, it's driven by a damaged psyche. Nothing more, nothing less.

You must be trolling

• Like 2

Another ammo depot hit, this one in Donetsk oblast.  Seems it was approximately 80 km behind the front, rather large ammo depot.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

A disappointing development with the Russian invasion:

"Ukraine's military confirmed on Sunday that the eastern city of Lysychansk had fallen to Russian forces."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ukraine-round-up-russia-takes-lysychansk-and-border-city-hit/ar-AAZ9z1T?ocid=msedgntphdr&cvid=6f7f9e6fad97409abd5f49a2a43f9c15

Disappointing, certainly, but all is not lost, especially because we are just starting to see how significant of an impact sanctions are having on Russia, evinced by defaulting on foreign debt because no banks would allow Russian transactions. Additionally, there has been a massive uptick in medium-long range attacks thanks to the MLRS provided by USA,  which is just a tip of the iceberg.

I suspect that Ukraine will sustain heavy short-term losses, but constant provisions by NATO will allow them to come out on top in the end. Ukraine will beat Russia in a war of attrition. Retreat to fortified positions, hit the area (where applicable with precision strikes), then initiate a strong counter offensive to take the city back.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

I’m sorry to go off topic here but this is a first for me being labelled as a master troll, maybe I should be flattered?

But please provide anything, any piece of evidence where I have trolled anyone?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Knob Oddy said:

You must be trolling

Everyone has working eyesight, they can see the size of the grass in the first video, and how the second only shows smoke rising behind a tree.

Yet I`m a super troll for point it out? 

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

What on earth has happened to you?

6 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Disappointing, certainly, but all is not lost, especially because we are just starting to see how significant of an impact sanctions are having on Russia, evinced by defaulting on foreign debt because no banks would allow Russian transactions. Additionally, there has been a massive uptick in medium-long range attacks thanks to the MLRS provided by USA,  which is just a tip of the iceberg.

I suspect that Ukraine will sustain heavy short-term losses, but constant provisions by NATO will allow them to come out on top in the end. Ukraine will beat Russia in a war of attrition. Retreat to fortified positions, hit the area (where applicable with precision strikes), then initiate a strong counter offensive to take the city back.

If you think how fast that city has fallen compared to others. Given its geography, on a hill. The Ukrainians should've lasted even longer and not just a couple of days. So its either amazing Ruzzian strategy (given how the war has panned out they still havent learned) or Ukraine are gonna pull back out of areas of the Donbas to regroup and launch a counter attack. (IMO). Now, there are strong rumours that Ukraine is gonna launch a counter attack in August so maybe the latter is plausible. Plus they will be getting more western weapons in the coming weeks.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

@Cookie Monster is probably smarter than a lot of us.

This is a joke right ?

A master troll like @Grey Area,

Huh ?

they are able to pick at our vulnerable parts and get us fired up. Both are amusing once you appreciate what they are up to.

I don't think that people are fired up by Cookie Monster, we just don't like when he is lying, misleading or simply plain wrong, so we call him out. There is nothing amusing about that.

Try to look back in the thread and see how often he have been proven wrong. It might change your view of him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

This is a joke right ?

Huh ?

I don't think that people are fired up by Cookie Monster, we just don't like when he is lying, misleading or simply plain wrong, so we call him out. There is nothing amusing about that.

Try to look back in the thread and see how often he have been proven wrong. It might change your view of him. 

I think Shrouds account has been hacked cause I cant believe he said that. Those to have had so many "debates" on this site. Plus its cookie. :wacko:

3 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Everyone has working eyesight, they can see the size of the grass in the first video, and how the second only shows smoke rising behind a tree.

Yet I`m a super troll for point it out? 

Youre awfully obsessed about the size of the grass. Maybe it’s a cattle thing? 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Everyone has the opportunity of putting their boots on the ground in Ukraine

Apply here >>>  https://fightforua.org

"Anyone who wants to join the defense of Ukraine, Europe and the world can come and fight side by side with the Ukrainians against the Russian war criminals," Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy implored in a Feb. 27 statement. Zelenskyy went on to explain that a 2016 Ukrainian law gave foreigners the right to enlist in the nation's Territorial Defense Forces. "There is no greater contribution which you can make for the sake of peace," he said.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/foreign-fighters-ukraine-news.htm

War to end when Ukraine regains 1991 borders, might happen next year – intelligence chief

“Getting control of the borders as of 1991 – this will be the end of this whole adventure that Russia started,” Budanov, who heads Ukraine’s Main Intelligence Directorate, said in the interview.

Asked when this might happen, Budanov said it could happen next year.

He said that by the end of the year Ukraine will be in "a state in which active hostilities are significantly reduced."

“But this will not be the end yet – you must correctly understand what I’m saying,” he added.

He said said that in August the whole world would see the first victories of Ukraine.

https://news.yahoo.com/war-end-ukraine-regains-1991-111600279.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

War to end when Ukraine regains 1991 borders, might happen next year – intelligence chief

“Getting control of the borders as of 1991 – this will be the end of this whole adventure that Russia started,” Budanov, who heads Ukraine’s Main Intelligence Directorate, said in the interview.

Asked when this might happen, Budanov said it could happen next year.

He said that by the end of the year Ukraine will be in "a state in which active hostilities are significantly reduced."

“But this will not be the end yet – you must correctly understand what I’m saying,” he added.

He said said that in August the whole world would see the first victories of Ukraine.

https://news.yahoo.com/war-end-ukraine-regains-1991-111600279.html

Fascinating. It will be interesting to see how Russia handles their losses.

42 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Fascinating. It will be interesting to see how Russia handles their losses.

With denial, that's how. 

So far, Russia handled their losses by denying them, then also declaring dead, wounded and captured as "missing", to avoid paying compensation to families. 

Russia is currently "motivating" recruits by poisoning a famous ice hockey player, after arresting him on charges of evading recruitment. (I know a link would be in order, I'll find one later.)

When Russia really runs out of people willing to die in Ukraine (edit to add: to die in Ukraine, but they're really dying to pay the debt, or steal some of the promised loot, or protect their families from "shame" and ostracism), they'll simply forcefully mobilize (as they do in separatist areas) and put true believers and psychopaths behind their backs, to drive them forward. As seen before.  

When will Russians rise against that? When the regime is seriously weakened (in the sense of not enough special police forces and army left to break the revolution down), but Putin's regime has time and means to totally neutralize opposition before that happens.   

Some captured Russians refuse to go back Russia. 

But some are refused by Russia.

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

With denial, that's how. 

So far, Russia handled their losses by denying them, then also declaring dead, wounded and captured as "missing", to avoid paying compensation to families. 

Russia is currently "motivating" recruits by poisoning a famous ice hockey player, after arresting him on charges of evading recruitment. (I know a link would be in order, I'll find one later.)

When Russia really runs out of people willing to die in Ukraine (edit to add: to die in Ukraine, but they're really dying to pay the debt, or steal some of the promised loot, or protect their families from "shame" and ostracism), they'll simply forcefully mobilize (as they do in separatist areas) and put true believers and psychopaths behind their backs, to drive them forward. As seen before.  

When will Russians rise against that? When the regime is seriously weakened (in the sense of not enough special police forces and army left to break the revolution down), but Putin's regime has time and means to totally neutralize opposition before that happens.   

Some captured Russians refuse to go back Russia. 

But some are refused by Russia.

Both videos violate the Geneva Convention.

They don`t get to ask if they want to go on camera, they are in a position where if they don`t cooperate they are for it.

• Sad 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked