Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

3 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

pop-pop-popping orc popcorn

@Cookie Monster are these buildings real? If you look real close you can see somebody start a fire behind the trees. Right?!

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Russia's gains are ephemeral. I think there will be more advancements made, but none of them will be sustainable. Putin, unfortunately, underestimated NATO's resolve on the matter, and is now dealing with the fallout of that.

NATO has already come to grip with the fact that the Donbass is lost to Russia. Providing weapons have stalled their advances but the greater concentration of Russian forces, air power and superior artillery has decided the outcome.

The Ukrainian government has maintained since 2014 that it will get back Crimea. It never happened. Analytically, it is difficult to see how Kyiv can muster the political, diplomatic, economic and military leverage needed to also take back the Donbass.There is already a 'war weariness' among some EU/NATO countries that are hoping for an agreement and frozen front lines in eastern Ukraine once Russia ends it's offensive operations.

It went completely opposite to how he wanted it to go - he didn't want Finland and Sweden to join NATO, but they were just recently offered membership; they didn't want NATO troops on their borders, and now they will have to deal with 300K+ NATO troops in Europe, surrounding them.

Putin said he doesn't care about Finland and Sweden membership. Perhaps it's a lie. But the fact is that those countries were already NATO partners since 1994 and have since become major contributors to the alliance.

So they were already NATO ''members'' in all but name.

EU is actually drafting a rebuilding plan for Ukraine, so I'm guessing they have a high degree of intelligence to suggest that Ukraine is going to hold out in this conflict, otherwise I reckon that there wouldn't be such a huge focus on this.

Assuming the Western part of Ukraine will not be occupied by Russia, the EU will need to rebuild it.

Edited by Occult1

:lol: 

As if this wasn't funny enough, Peskov denies it by confirming it :lol:   

Russian Presidential Spokesman Dmitry Peskov rejected on Tuesday previous reports that Chinese leader Xi Jinping allegedly refused President Vladimir Putin’s invitation to visit Russia. "This is completely not true," ... "The matter is that certain anti-COVID restrictions remain in force in China, it is absolutely normal and understandable," 

Source: TASS. :lol: I'm not going to link it. God knows what they make their cookies from. 

It wasn't a problem that Putin started the war, it's a problem that he's losing it. tee-hee. Loser. His USSR brand is now toxic. lol. 

Orcs even fly red flags with hammer and sickle but that's just not enough... Proletariat of all countries, unite! (that was one of actual commie mottoes) Except Putin's Russia, no one wants to be associated with that.  

:lol: 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

@Cookie Monster are these buildings real? If you look real close you can see somebody start a fire behind the trees. Right?!

I will apply my expert analysis for you.

So in my opinion the video is a real video but what it claims to show is fake. Using my superior critical thinking skills (obviously!) I concluded that the detonation of ammunition should produce a much larger explosion than that.

Additionally, it is common practice when detonating ammunition in a city to pack sandbags onto it (so we wouldn`t see a fireball) and to evacuate the area around for several hundred metres (yet someone is filming it).

I think this is a small rocket that has detonated. As its being filmed, I say its a Ukrainian one in a staged event. I cannot blame him for doing that, he probably ruined all his spoons digging holes in his garden LMAO.

Edited by Cookie Monster

@Cookie Monster Russians are going to put polonium in the sandwich they pay you with if you continue to come to conclusions that Ukraine already controls Donetsk.

Someone else mentioned EUropean "need" to rebuild Ukraine. 

EU is looking forward to help rebuild Ukraine. 

Gigantic reconstruction projects are excellent for every economy involved. Rebuilding Ukraine will rebuild the EU. Ukraine will be the European engine, even before the reconstruction is over. But that's secondary reason.   

The most important reason is - as various EU officials and leaders of member countries already pointed out - that we owe that and much more to Ukraine. Ukrainian courage is winning the war, started by Putler's Russia, against Europe. Because Ukraine is Europe, what else could Ukraine be?  

It is also important to show, in shortest possible time, the difference between Ukraine, democratic, civilized, prosperous, supported with her allies, and Putin's hostage Russia.   

It's going to be a pure pleasure to watch Russian assets explain that Russian true goal always was extreme poverty and general failure, because that brings them closer to enlightenment. Or something. Actually, Dolgin (Putler's ideologist) already blathers something in that vein. 

• Like 1

Morbid humor time: 

It's more likely they'll reach Hague, specifically International Court in Hague.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

NATO has already come to grip with the fact that the Donbass is lost to Russia. Providing weapons have stalled their advances but the greater concentration of Russian forces, air power and superior artillery has decided the outcome.

[...]

How long russia will be able to wage the war under the sanctions? For example, vehicle production fell by more than 85% in april alone in comparison to the same period of 2021 (link; russian source (in russian)).

ussr fell, russia will follow the suit. Period.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

@Cookie Monster Russians are going to put polonium in the sandwich they pay you with if you continue to come to conclusions that Ukraine already controls Donetsk.

Someone else mentioned European "need" to rebuild Ukraine. 

EU is looking forward to help rebuild Ukraine. 

Gigantic reconstruction projects are excellent for every economy involved. Rebuilding Ukraine will rebuild the EU. Ukraine will be the European engine, even before the reconstruction is over. But that's secondary reason.   

The most important reason is - as various EU officials and leaders of member countries already pointed out - that we owe that and much more to Ukraine. Ukrainian courage is winning the war, started by Putler's Russia, against Europe. Because Ukraine is Europe, what else could Ukraine be?  

It is also important to show, in shortest possible time, the difference between Ukraine, democratic, civilized, prosperous, supported with her allies, and Putin's hostage Russia.   

It's going to be a pure pleasure to watch Russian assets explain that Russian true goal always was extreme poverty and general failure, because that brings them closer to enlightenment. Or something. Actually, Dolgin (Putler's ideologist) already blathers something in that vein. 

The Ukrainian GDP was about $200 billion at the end of last year. With them wanting $750 billion I think that is excessive and they are trying to claim all confiscated Russian gold reserves and ceased assets. The World Bank wouldn`t give them that much, neither should we, they should be given exactly what they need to reconstruct.

A further issue is one would presume when this war is over that relationships with Russia will need to be normalised to get the price of gas and oil down. Thats not going to happen unless their gold is returned. I`m also waiting for Russian billionaires to start legal cases. Its not enough to say this man knows Putin, and has profited from corruption, so we are taking their mansion, yacht and plane. It needs evidence that will stand up in a court of law.

On top of that Ukrainian claims for $750 billion also don`t reflect the fact that they don`t own all their own country. They have lost 1/4 of it already.

3 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Morbid humor time: 

It's more likely they'll reach Hague, specifically International Court in Hague.  

Tik Tok army))) They are brave when far from the frontlines.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

How long russia will be able to wage the war under the sanctions? For example, vehicle production fell by more than 85% in april alone in comparison to the same period of 2021 (link; russian source (in russian)).

ussr fell, russia will follow the suit. Period.

Welcome back bmk. Where have you been?

Finaly someone closer to the action there. Of course, at the end russia will fail. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Morbid humor time: 

The twisted irony is that a couple days ago Chechen forces in Mariupol killed around 20 Muslims who were in a mosque.  What those 20 people did that caused the Chechens to shoot them, they were attempting to draw clean water from a well on the mosque's property.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, odas said:

Welcome back bmk. Where have you been?

Finaly someone closer to the action there. Of course, at the end russia will fail. 

Well, took voluntary sabbatical)))

As for action, good thing I took some practice in the shooting range))) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Occult1 said:

NATO has already come to grip with the fact that the Donbass is lost to Russia.

That is hopeful speculation, on your part. The fact that NATO has pledged to continuously provide Ukraine with more advanced weapons and (medium-long range) launching systems is a testament to the contrary of your claim. It simply does not align with NATO's actions.

Providing weapons have stalled their advances but the greater concentration of Russian forces, air power and superior artillery has decided the outcome.

Temporarily, sure. You'll note that Russia has recently voted in favour of a wartime economy bill, right? Do you know how significant that is, and how that paints the Russian economy/military capabilities? That is the kind of action we would see in World War I and World War II. The war is not even close to being over, and I do not believe for a second that Donbas will remain in Russian control in the long term, especially when you add how terribly sanctions are going to impact the Russian economy on top of all of this.

The Ukrainian government has maintained since 2014 that it will get back Crimea. It never happened.

No, because they did not have anywhere near the level of support that they have at this point. Not the same situation. Shortly before they annexed Crimea, Russian troops just basically rolled in and forced Ukraine to surrender because Ukraine lacked the resources to fight back. Now, it's a completely different story - priorities have shifted; they attempted to encircle Kyiv and take it within a couple of days but that was a failed operation, so they redirected to Donbas after they realized they don't have what it takes to sustain themselves, which was due to logistical issues from awful/nonexistent contingency planning.

As it stands, Ukraine has the resources, they are making Russia suffer (which is quite clear considering the recent voting of that war economy bill). 

Analytically, it is difficult to see how Kyiv can muster the political, diplomatic, economic and military leverage needed to also take back the Donbass.

I don't see how, analytically, that's a difficult task. They have the support of the EU and NATO. They are going to be inducted into the EU, most likely, also... so their economy will likely receive a lot of support from that, which will further help their position. That is on top of the military/financial aid that will be provided by NATO. I'm not sure how in-depth of an analysis you are applying if you can't see how they could potentially get all of that leverage to take back a part of Ukraine that has been contested for essentially eight years, even without the level of support that Ukraine is being provided right now.

There is already a 'war weariness' among some EU/NATO countries that are hoping for an agreement and frozen front lines in eastern Ukraine once Russia ends it's offensive operations.

Which EU/NATO countries are those, specifically, besides France? We know that they are cowards, so they're not relevant.

Which countries? I have asked you this very same question in the past and you did not give me an answer.

Putin said he doesn't care about Finland and Sweden membership. Perhaps it's a lie.

Of course he is lying.

I would address you by your proper name, but I don't want you to report me again.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

On top of that Ukrainian claims for $750 billion also don`t reflect the fact that they don`t own all their own country. They have lost 1/4 of it already.

Illegal occupation doesn't revoke legal ownership.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

[...]

Which EU/NATO countries are those, specifically, besides France? We know that they are cowards, so they're not relevant.

[...]

I would add Germany, Hungary to that list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

That is hopeful speculation, on your part. The fact that NATO has pledged to continuously provide Ukraine with more advanced weapons and (medium-long range) launching systems is a testament to the contrary of your claim. It simply does not align with NATO's actions.

Temporarily, sure. You'll note that Russia has recently voted in favour of a wartime economy bill, right? Do you know how significant that is, and how that paints the Russian economy/military capabilities? That is the kind of action we would see in World War I and World War II. The war is not even close to being over, and I do not believe for a second that Donbas will remain in Russian control in the long term, especially when you add how terribly sanctions are going to impact the Russian economy on top of all of this.

No, because they did not have anywhere near the level of support that they have at this point. Not the same situation. Shortly before they annexed Crimea, Russian troops just basically rolled in and forced Ukraine to surrender because Ukraine lacked the resources to fight back. Now, it's a completely different story - priorities have shifted; they attempted to encircle Kyiv and take it within a couple of days but that was a failed operation, so they redirected to Donbas after they realized they don't have what it takes to sustain themselves, which was due to logistical issues from awful/nonexistent contingency planning.

As it stands, Ukraine has the resources, they are making Russia suffer (which is quite clear considering the recent voting of that war economy bill). 

I don't see how, analytically, that's a difficult task. They have the support of the EU and NATO. They are going to be inducted into the EU, most likely, also... so their economy will likely receive a lot of support from that, which will further help their position. That is on top of the military/financial aid that will be provided by NATO. I'm not sure how in-depth of an analysis you are applying if you can't see how they could potentially get all of that leverage to take back a part of Ukraine that has been contested for essentially eight years, even without the level of support that Ukraine is being provided right now.

Which countries? I have asked you this very same question in the past and you did not give me an answer.

Of course he is lying.

I would address you by your proper name, but I don't want you to report me again.

France have been involved in Afghanistan and operations in Africa, wouldnt say theyre cowards. Need to up their game though.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

I would add Germany, Hungary to that list.

Germany is slowly turning tide and remilitarizing and Orban is a ****ing idiot who supports Putler.

Was gonna ask aswell how are thing in Lithuania? Especially since Putler illegally invaded Ukraine.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

France have been involved in Afghanistan and operations in Africa, wouldnt say theyre cowards. Need to up their game though.

You're right, it's just Macron that I see as a coward.

4 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

It is far from over yet and I really doubt that they can hold it.

IF aid from the west continues indefinitely, Russia can be expected to bleed, indefinitely.  At some point, Putin will be forced to "make accommodation".

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, and then said:

IF aid from the west continues indefinitely, Russia can be expected to bleed, indefinitely.  At some point, Putin will be forced to "make accommodation".

A poster in here seems to think Ruzzia can muster 5million men and pour into Ukraine. Several points to consider: 1.) Training that amount of troops during a conflict is a collosal effort and how well would they be trained? 2.) Does Ruzzia have the logistics an equipment for that many Orcs 3.) NATO border, Ruzzia need troops on the NATO border  incase NATO do decide to intervene.

And a bonus point would that many people join and fight? Doubt it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Germany is slowly turning tide and remilitarizing and Orban is a ****ing idiot who supports Putler.

Was gonna ask aswell how are thing in Lithuania? Especially since Putler illegally invaded Ukraine.

Germany is, kinda, "late to wake up". How much of GDP germans pay to NATO per agreement? 2%? Less? More?

Orban... He looks for his country in the short term, I can't judge him (as well germans, or frog eaters), but if russians would invade Hungaria he would flip 180°.

As for things in country of rains? We are cool as cucumber))) Few are browning their pants, but majority live their lives as usual.

• Like 3

Just now, ThereWeAreThen said:

NATO border, Ruzzia need troops on the NATO border  incase NATO do decide to intervene.

They need troops on the Chinese border more.  They are just allies of convenience, they both highly distrust each other but currently Russia has territory that China believes should belong to them as its land once controlled by one of the Chinese dynasties.  Some of Russia's far eastern territories have significant Chinese minority populations also.

If Russia keeps performing poorly China very well might start seeing a partnership with them as a liability along with seeing this as the perfect time to reclaim lost territory, liberate Chinese population in the Russian style, and get revenge for the Boxer rebellion cause if I remember correctly Russia was one of the nations that sent troops to put it down.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, and then said:

Hi And then

Yes and I expect the aid will continue till all is settled almost like an assisted suicide.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

They need troops on the Chinese border more.  They are just allies of convenience, they both highly distrust each other but currently Russia has territory that China believes should belong to them as its land once controlled by one of the Chinese dynasties.  Some of Russia's far eastern territories have significant Chinese minority populations also.

If Russia keeps performing poorly China very well might start seeing a partnership with them as a liability along with seeing this as the perfect time to reclaim lost territory, liberate Chinese population in the Russian style, and get revenge for the Boxer rebellion cause if I remember correctly Russia was one of the nations that sent troops to put it down.  

Completely forgot to mention China thanks. People think they have a strong alliance...no they really dont theres so many cracks its unreal. UK and US is probably the strongest alliance in the world (between states not military alliance).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

A poster in here seems to think Ruzzia can muster 5million men and pour into Ukraine. Several points to consider: 1.) Training that amount of troops during a conflict is a collosal effort and how well would they be trained? 2.) Does Ruzzia have the logistics an equipment for that many Orcs 3.) NATO border, Ruzzia need troops on the NATO border  incase NATO do decide to intervene.

And a bonus point would that many people join and fight? Doubt it.

1) At what point cannon fodder needs to be trained...

2) With logistics slight problems - time.

3) russians aren't stupid that much, won't keep substantial forces on the west borders, as well on the eastern, cause NATO, nor China ain't stupid to invade country with nuclear response capabilities.

bonus) 20 year long propaganda brainwashed entire generation (putlerjugend), so, putler will have enough manpower to waste... Just look how many lives of youngsters hitler threw away...

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked