Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

Just now, DarkHunter said:

Do you even check stuff before you post or do you just say stuff and hope no one checks it.

He likes to pretend he knows more than he does, so it's not really surprising that he'd do that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

You don`t know what they were doing on the Eastern Front? The Russians sure did, it was them it was being done too.

OK, Wehrmacht soldiers did what they were ordered to do - fight. Where do you see atrocities in fighting enemy soldiers?

"Fun fact", soviets sent groups of sabateurs to destray enemy headquarters. Gues what, local people faced that destruction as well, i.e. face cold (-40C/-40F), no food, with little children .

Famous "hero" Zoya Kosmodemyanskaya was captured by local folks, and delivered to germans in command. Rest is a history.

BTW, soviet soldiers were "nice", as well - raped, killed civilians. Heh, don't forget GULAG, prior WII...

Thats just short story of WII.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I agree, they should peace out now, and loose what is taken rather than half of Ukraine.

They have no hope of winning, a trickle of a few dozen tanks and artillery guns here and there is not going to stop them. Either NATO goes in full force, or Ukraine peaces out.

C'mon man, somewhere you have russian genes... Same slave/subordinate mentality. I'd say, kudos for commin' out)))

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I agree, they should peace out now, and loose what is taken rather than half of Ukraine.

They have no hope of winning, a trickle of a few dozen tanks and artillery guns here and there is not going to stop them. Either NATO goes in full force, or Ukraine peaces out.

Once again showing you have no idea what you are talking about.

Ukraine has received over 300 T-72 tanks, over 200 towed artillery of which the vast majority are M777, and around 200 self propelled artillery of which a significant number are of 155mm variety.  But that is definitely only a trickle of military equipment.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Once again showing you have no idea what you are talking about.

Ukraine has received over 300 T-72 tanks, over 200 towed artillery of which the vast majority are M777, and around 200 self propelled artillery of which a significant number are of 155mm variety.  But that is definitely only a trickle of military equipment.

To be fair, ukrainians have less manpower, even more, they have to station some at the border with belorus, 'cause another dictator (bulbashenko, aka Lukashenko) is waving a flag.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bmk1245 said:

To be fair, ukrainians have less manpower, even more, they have to station some at the border with belorus, 'cause another dictator (bulbashenko, aka Lukashenko) is waving a flag.

Question, not relevant to what you posted:

Is your country expecting some kind of attack from Russia about the sanctioned materials not being allowed through your country's territory?

• Like 1

Not sure to the validity of the claim of this article but i wouldn't put it past Vladdy. Seems right up his devious, deceiving alley.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/putin-is-threatening-poor-countries-with-starvation-as-the-next-stage-in-his-ruthless-ukraine-war-experts-warn/ar-AAZeyrL?ocid=msedgntphdr&cvid=636d9e900a774554b141c22116e8d3d1

Snyder said Putin's "hunger plan" is designed to work on three levels, including as a larger effort to "destroy the Ukrainian state" by cutting off exports. It's also an attempt to foment instability in the EU by generating "refugees from North Africa and the Middle East, areas usually fed by Ukraine."

8 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

That is debatable and depends heavily on how man power is defined in this situation.

Russia has a significantly larger total population and on paper a significantly larger military but the reality on the ground is a bit different.  Since the Russian government wont declare war and keeping the invasion a special military operation they are stuck to only being able to use their contract military.  The contract military of Russia is significantly smaller than their total military force.  The amount of contract forces is approximately 400,000 to 500,000.  All of that cant be deployed to Ukraine without leaving significant and massive holes in Russian defense in other areas of the country. 

Ultimately Russia committed about 250,000 to 300,000 of its contract military to Ukraine.

Unlike Russia, Ukraine has begun mass mobilization and has been working to greatly increase the size of its military since the invasion started.  There isnt a lot of great data on the current size of the Ukranian military but it seems from various sources it's now between 500,000 to 700,000 but Zelensky has said he wants the military to have over a million soldiers in it.

Even with Russia doing forced conscription in Lunetsk and Donetsk oblasts the reality is the amount of soldiers involved in the conflict is either at parity or in Ukraine's advantage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, el midgetron said:

German journalist faces three years prison over reporting from eastern Ukraine

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/w/german-journalist-faces-three-years-prison-over-reporting-donbass-region

Geez, Germany sounds like a bunch of Nazis,,,,,,

Dude, her Telegram channel is littered with pro-Russian propaganda. I found a massive PDF file in her channel, that she posted, about how Ukraine needs to be de-nazified. She supports Putin's "special operation". She is a Kremlin apologist and I have zero empathy for her situation. It is not nearly as innocent as people are making it out to be. She is manipulative as **** and does not deserve the sympathy people are giving her.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There might be a massive problem with the Russian military according to intercepted communications.  It seems some Russian commanders are getting accused of selling the position of units under their command to foreign intelligence agencies.  While it's not clear if that is actually happening or not there is a belief in the Russisn military structure/Russian population that it is true which is a massive issue.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Question, not relevant to what you posted:

Is your country expecting some kind of attack from Russia about the sanctioned materials not being allowed through your country's territory?

russia won't attack. russia can transport banned cargo's through air/sea, just not by rails

So far as I know, Germany caved over the issue (no surprise), and our Gov trying to cave (most likely, will silently cave), I hope they won't. But, having in mind stance over Taiwan curfuffle, kaliningrad anclave might end up with shortages.

• Like 3

Ukraine-Russia live news: Moscow takes no breaks, says Zelenskyy

• Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy says air alerts rang out across almost all of Ukraine Tuesday night, as he calls again for a modern, effective air-defence system.
  • He says there were attacks in the Khmelnytskyi region of western Ukraine, the central region of Dnipropetrovsk, the border region of Sumy, and the Black Sea port city of Mykolaiv and its region.
  • Russian troops are engaged in heavy fighting and making their way into Ukraine’s Donetsk region, the governor of Luhansk has said, adding that a large quantity of equipment is being sent towards Donetsk.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/7/6/ukraine-russia-live-news-moscow-takes-no-breaks-says-zelenskyy-liveblog

Moscow was supposed to have exhausted all it's offensive abilities in Donbass according to some some analysts.

Edited by Occult1

10 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

That is debatable and depends heavily on how man power is defined in this situation.

Russia has a significantly larger total population and on paper a significantly larger military but the reality on the ground is a bit different.  Since the Russian government wont declare war and keeping the invasion a special military operation they are stuck to only being able to use their contract military.  The contract military of Russia is significantly smaller than their total military force.  The amount of contract forces is approximately 400,000 to 500,000.  All of that cant be deployed to Ukraine without leaving significant and massive holes in Russian defense in other areas of the country. 

Ultimately Russia committed about 250,000 to 300,000 of its contract military to Ukraine.

Unlike Russia, Ukraine has begun mass mobilization and has been working to greatly increase the size of its military since the invasion started.  There isnt a lot of great data on the current size of the Ukranian military but it seems from various sources it's now between 500,000 to 700,000 but Zelensky has said he wants the military to have over a million soldiers in it.

Even with Russia doing forced conscription in Lunetsk and Donetsk oblasts the reality is the amount of soldiers involved in the conflict is either at parity or in Ukraine's advantage.

More manpower doesn't always mean superiority, mobile group can wipe out dozen enemy tanks/AVs, when it comes to tranche war -standstill There are signs russians are running out of the heavy armor (tanks), as well precision missiles (started using X-22).

I'm very poor military tactician, not to mention strategist, so, my word is good as a word from the bum you met downtown... 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Moscow was supposed to have exhausted all it's offensive abilities in Donbass according to some some analysts.

Whats the catch?

2 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

Yakumoto Yapimay from Perl Harbour, streaming live: "Why americans bombing their own?! Not us! We not here! Japan to liberate opressed!"

Christ... I urge you to find reports from eastern frontlines delivered by german media...

Comedy gold...

How would you even know? List for me the western Journalists reposting from inside Russian controlled areas. 
There have been pretty consistent reports for the past 8 years of Ukraine  forces indiscriminately targeting civilians. 

“Both Ukrainian government and separatist forces must immediately stop carrying out indiscriminate attacks in violation of the laws of war,” said John Dalhuisen, Europe and Central Asia director of Amnesty International. 

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2014/11/eastern-ukraine-both-sides-responsible-indiscriminate-attacks/

43 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Dude, her Telegram channel is littered with pro-Russian propaganda. I found a massive PDF file in her channel, that she posted, about how Ukraine needs to be de-nazified. She supports Putin's "special operation". She is a Kremlin apologist and I have zero empathy for her situation. It is not nearly as innocent as people are making it out to be. She is manipulative as **** and does not deserve the sympathy people are giving her.

Huh, I dunno where you are from but in the west we value freedom of speech and a free press. Is locking up a journalist is ok just long as you disagree with her? I suspect that many of the pro war people would support imprisonment of the people who they disagree with, 

Is it possible to both support Ukraine and disagree with the persecution of journalists? 

2 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

How would you even know? List for me the western Journalists reposting from inside Russian controlled areas. 
There have been pretty consistent reports for the past 8 years of Ukraine  forces indiscriminately targeting civilians. 

“Both Ukrainian government and separatist forces must immediately stop carrying out indiscriminate attacks in violation of the laws of war,” said John Dalhuisen, Europe and Central Asia director of Amnesty International. 

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2014/11/eastern-ukraine-both-sides-responsible-indiscriminate-attacks/

OK, el, imagine Birtish journalist broadcasting from Paris back in 1943. Can you guess whats wrong with that picture?

PS google amnesty.org +trump... Oh my gaawwwdddd.

Anyway, check and recheck your sources, who they are and where they come from.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, el midgetron said:

Huh, I dunno where you are from but in the west we value freedom of speech and a free press. Is locking up a journalist is ok just long as you disagree with her? I suspect that many of the pro war people would support imprisonment of the people who they disagree with, 

Is it possible to both support Ukraine and disagree with the persecution of journalists? 

OK, what is a journalist? Thats not a joke question, in all seriousness. Period.

1 minute ago, bmk1245 said:

OK, el, imagine Birtish journalist broadcasting from Paris back in 1943. Can you guess whats wrong with that picture?

PS google amnesty.org +trump... Oh my gaawwwdddd.

Anyway, check and recheck your sources, who they are and where they come from.

So, you don’t know. You don’t know what the Ukrainian forces are targeting in urban areas. You don’t know what civilian casualties there might be from Ukrainian shelling because the media you get isn’t there to report it, 

1 minute ago, bmk1245 said:

OK, what is a journalist? Thats not a joke question, in all seriousness. Period.

I get the feeling I’m supposed to answer that a journalist is someone who tells you what you want to hear. Disagree with what you hear, not a journalist?

8 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

So, you don’t know. You don’t know what the Ukrainian forces are targeting in urban areas. You don’t know what civilian casualties there might be from Ukrainian shelling because the media you get isn’t there to report it, 

No, I don't know.. But ukrainian soldiers are from Ukraine (all counties, including Donbass region), russian soldiers aren't from Ukraine. You get the gist? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

I get the feeling I’m supposed to answer that a journalist is someone who tells you what you want to hear. Disagree with what you hear, not a journalist?

No, I want hear what you mean by journalst? What is true indendant journalst?

In case you sleeped for decade, journalism is deed. Whats left - actyvism, whatever side your are on.

There is BS comming from Ukrainian side, no doubt, but BS from russian side is scaling out, way off

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

No, I don't know.. But ukrainian soldiers are from Ukraine (all counties, including Donbass region), russian soldiers aren't from Ukraine. You get the gist? 

At its heart, the conflict is a civil war. How has pro-Kyiv forces been attacking the Russian separatist positions for the past 8 years? They are all in Ukraine. You get the gist? 

Just like 8 years ago there were Ukrainian civilians inside Separatist controlled areas, there are Ukrainian civilians inside Russian controlled areas today. 

Just now, bmk1245 said:

No, I want hear what you mean by journalst? What is true indendant journalst?

In case you sleeped for decade, journalism is deed. Whats left - actyvism, whatever side your are on.

There is BS comming from Ukrainian side, no doubt, but BS from russian side is scaling out, way off

I agree with a chunk of this, But I don’t agree that today’s journalist should be jailed for their reporting, That type of enforcement of narrative doesn’t come from a genuine place, 

Just now, el midgetron said:

At its heart, the conflict is a civil war. How has pro-Kyiv forces been attacking the Russian separatist positions for the past 8 years? They are all in Ukraine. You get the gist? 

Just like 8 years ago there were Ukrainian civilians inside Separatist controlled areas, there are Ukrainian civilians inside Russian controlled areas today. 

Civil war, heh...  Ok, civil war, as you say. How many in this civil war were killed (civilians) in 8 years since 2014 till 2022 feb 24? Bring just estimate.

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked