Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

2 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Most of their equipment is old soviet tech give or take their tanks (recently got new ones), most of their soldiers are malnourished and they spend most of their budget on nuclear proliferation. 

Their troops ain't highly trained. 100k forced, under fed poorly trained North Korean troops against a Ukrainian military fighting for their countries survival.

Their air force and navy are bad, their tanks are new and rated 5th in the world so those are capable. They have a lot of artillery and rocket launchers.

Their training is good (its all they do) but you are wrong about the food. North Korea doesnt in fact feed its soldiers at all. They have been trained to steal food and live off the land throughout their whole military careers.

Vladimir Putin has now lost at least 100 colonels in the war in Ukraine highlighting the grave damage his forces are suffering.

Video has emerged of the grief-stricken family of Lt-Col Vitaly Tsikul, 36, a tank commander, at his funeral.

He is the 100th known colonel or lieutenant colonel in Russian forces to be killed in the five-and-a-half month war.

Vladimir Putin loses 100th colonel in Ukraine highlighting scale of Russian losses in war (msn.com)

Edited by Silver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Nothing has been confirmed beyond that the Saki airbase has largely been destroyed.  Russia is claiming it was an accident, Ukraine is claiming they attacked it.  Videos show a lot of smoke and what seems to be multiple distinct explosions and wide ranging fires covering most of the base.

Given past trends the Ukranian claim is probably more accurate.

Had a little gander online and the Ukrainians aren't taking blame but some nutty b**** in RT is claiming sabotage.

It's weird 12 blasts were heard but they're claiming aviation ammo was set off. Would 12 blasts happen from an ammo depot exploding? Guess there could be a chain reaction.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Silver said:

Vladimir Putin has now lost at least 100 colonels in the war in Ukraine highlighting the grave damage his forces are suffering.

Video has emerged of the grief-stricken family of Lt-Col Vitaly Tsikul, 36, a tank commander, at his funeral.

He is the 100th known colonel or lieutenant colonel in Russian forces to be killed in the five-and-a-half month war.

Vladimir Putin loses 100th colonel in Ukraine highlighting scale of Russian losses in war (msn.com)

My heart bleeds.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Had a little gander online and the Ukrainians aren't taking blame but some nutty b**** in RT is claiming sabotage.

It's weird 12 blasts were heard but they're claiming aviation ammo was set off. Would 12 blasts happen from an ammo depot exploding? Guess there could be a chain reaction.

He makes them lead from the front so of course a lot get killed.

12 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

The situation is worsening the the Balkans, Russia now has a military base setup and manned in Serbia.

Since 1990's, honey. It's near the town called Niš. It's purpose is mostly ritualistic and propagandist. But they had some helicopters there. I'm not sure do they need any outer factor to fall out of the sky, though.  

And now it's literally impossible to take anything in or out of landlocked and NATO-surrounded Serbia without NATO knowing and if needed intervening about such delivery :) (It was tolerated until putin made it clear defeating NATO is one of his goals.)

Serbia recently started using their "civilians" to shoot at Kosovo police and block the traffic, which is why NATO mission in Kosovo immediately showed up in key positions, which is why Serbian "spontaneous uprising" was postponed. (Also, American ambassador asked Kosovo government to postpone the application of their otherwise completely not remarkable law that requires Serbian minority in Kosovo to issue Kosovo documents for their cars - you read that right, so far Serbian ethnic minority is using documents of the neighbouring Serbia instead of documents issued by Kosovo in which they live.) 

Kosovo tensions are directly linked to putin's need to divert the attention of NATO from Ukraine, onto many other smaller or bigger hotspots. 

But opposite to propaganda situation in Serbia, which is hilariously pro-putin, their willingness to actually go to war (especially against NATO - Kosovo is not in NATO, but the debris will fall on NATO ground) is dubious and their capability to win such war is certainly out of question. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Since 1990's, honey. It's near the town called Niš. It's purpose is mostly ritualistic and propagandist. But they had some helicopters there. I'm not sure do they need any outer factor to fall out of the sky, though.  

And now it's literally impossible to take anything in or out of landlocked and NATO-surrounded Serbia without NATO knowing and if needed intervening about such delivery :) (It was tolerated until putin made it clear defeating NATO is one of his goals.)

Serbia recently started using their "civilians" to shoot at Kosovo police and block the traffic, which is why NATO mission in Kosovo immediately showed up in key positions, which is why Serbian "spontaneous uprising" was postponed. (Also, American ambassador asked Kosovo government to postpone the application of their otherwise completely not remarkable law that requires Serbian minority in Kosovo to issue Kosovo documents for their cars - you read that right, so far Serbian ethnic minority is using documents of the neighbouring Serbia instead of documents issued by Kosovo in which they live.) 

Kosovo tensions are directly linked to putin's need to divert the attention of NATO from Ukraine, onto many other smaller or bigger hotspots. 

But opposite to propaganda situation in Serbia, which is hilariously pro-putin, their willingness to actually go to war (especially against NATO - Kosovo is not in NATO, but the debris will fall on NATO ground) is dubious and their capability to win such war is certainly out of question. 

I`ve seen it, Putin is some kind of God to them, and they have gone very rabid in their calls for war.

Its dangerous.

11 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

My heart bleeds.

Now, now, don't be sad. He'll promote another 200 to make up for that 100. Genius. Obviously. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I`ve seen it, Putin is some kind of God to them, and they have gone very rabid in their calls for war.

Its dangerous.

Yes, for them, it is dangerous. The last time NATO had to pacify Serbia it was only a couple of bridges and a Chinese embassy :lol: No, seriously. This time, it might be prudent to inflict more extensive damage, to send the right message. 

3 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Yes, for them, it is dangerous. The last time NATO had to pacify Serbia it was only a couple of bridges and a Chinese embassy :lol: No, seriously. This time, it might be prudent to inflict more extensive damage, to send the right message. 

Yes, on their own they aren`t getting far.

The danger is Russia might mobilize then link up with them.

15 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Cant find the original tweet but this essentially sums up Ukraine's responses to the attack so far.

Heard blast I generally dont trust as echoing, especially of explosions, is a thing and often there are more heard explosions then actual explosions.

Multiple explosions can happen but judging from videos online it seems large parts of the airbase are burning and the video I posted shows two mushroom type clouds probably hundreds of meters apart that would seem to suggest distinct explosions.  It could be an accident but it would be an insanely massive one

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Yes, on their own they aren`t getting far.

The danger is Russia might mobilize then link up with them.

russia can link up directly to Serbia only if the Earth is hollow so they'll go under instead of above the ground. 

I bet I'll see this exact theory in Serbian news, only presented as a fact.  

• Haha 1

We've got the official Ministry of Defense of Ukraine statement :yes:

It's even better than I expected :lol:  

• Like 1

We've got the official Ministry of Defense of Ukraine statement :yes:

It's even better than I expected :lol:  

Did they just suggest someone may have dropped a cig?

Mykhailo Podolyak, the adviser to the president of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelenskyy: 

Now you can see how bad is smoking, russia will lose both the war and the territories it occupied because they can't follow fire regulations and smoke only in approved areas. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

There are a lot of Russia soldiers ready to go for it but the bridges and dam bridge near Kherson have all been hit delaying them.

does not answer

17 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

who controls Mykolaiv and Odessa and what happened to the Russian offensive that was to occur on August 5 or 6

I'm not sure why you can't just directly answer the man's questions, @Cookie Monster

4 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Did they just suggest someone may have dropped a cig?

Yes. 

But I think they're humorously exaggerating, it must have been a liquid gas lighter in the sun that exploded and set that local Armageddon off :lol:  

• Haha 1

Yes. 

But I think they're humorously exaggerating, it must have been a liquid gas lighter in the sun that exploded and set that local Armageddon off :lol:  

Ah, was it Ukrainian sense of humour?

Bye, guys, it's time for my evening workout :D  

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Trelane said:

he number of Russian commanders killed, both field grade and flag level are astonishing. The way their military is structured, C2 will be damn near impossible if they are attempting another offensive.

I'm no expert on military issues but my understanding is that they intentionally keep power and decision making firmly in the fewest hands possible.  One of the most important attributes of our military is just the opposite.  The NCO is the real backbone of our forces, are they not?  I guess the Russian tendency for paranoia is what causes so many senior officers to be required to lead - or intimidate - from the front.  They're paying one hell of a price for that failing.

• Like 3

On 8/8/2022 at 11:56 AM, Cookie Monster said:

So good luck with that at the Hague

You see this situation as parity?  If Russia launches missiles or artillery into those civilian areas they may kill tens or even hundreds.  If Ukraine hits the wrong BUILDING, the entire region could be poisoned for hundreds of miles.  No, the two are NOT in any way equivalent in the mind of a rational person.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

The situation is worsening the the Balkans, Russia now has a military base setup and manned in Serbia.

Good, ay least these guys are temporarily safe

• Haha 5

Footage from the Saki airbase.

Seems aircraft on the ground were targeted

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 3

But pro-putinists shouldn't worry, Medvedev keeps an eye on the situation. Both eyes. On... something... well, it's very dark and that's actually an accurate information about the situation from his point of view.

This image is more than just humorous, it's very telling allegory for putin's russia (and the decomposed USSR they want to resurrect).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked