Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

21 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

To be honest as much as I'd love russia to pull out of all Ukrainian territory I think they'll have to make a compromise and they will. 

It depends on how long the West are willing to support Ukraine IMO.

I suspect that the withdrawal of Western support at this point in the conflict would communicate a very troubling message to the international community. I feel as if they have dug their heels way too deeply in this conflict to simply pull out. Perhaps there will  be some kind of increased pressure for concessions to be made, but to simply pull out of supporting Ukraine probably is not going to happen, especially since G7 said they would provide support for Ukraine for "as long as it takes"

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I suspect that the withdrawal of Western support at this point in the conflict would communicate a very troubling message to the international community. I feel as if they have dug their heels way too deeply in this conflict to simply pull out. Perhaps there will  be some kind of increased pressure for concessions to be made, but to simply pull out of supporting Ukraine probably is not going to happen, especially since G7 said they would provide support for Ukraine for "as long as it takes"

Ye im just worried the longer this war drags on, the longer people are gonna b**** that things are more expensive, this is usually when right wing populist governments usually grow, look at Italy.

Plus the West do seem to be good at abandoning allies, the Kurds being a massive example. Helped NATO on a lot of operations then we just leave them.

However, I think you'll be right as this is different from the usual party trick of toppling middle Eastern governments, this is literally defending a nation and stopping putler going into Europe. Literally the whole point of NATO. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Ye im just worried the longer this war drags on, the longer people are gonna b**** that things are more expensive, this is usually when right wing populist governments usually grow, look at Italy.

Plus the West do seem to be good at abandoning allies, the Kurds being a massive example. Helped NATO on a lot of operations then we just leave them.

However, I think you'll be right as this is different from the usual party trick of toppling middle Eastern governments, this is literally defending a nation and stopping putler going into Europe. Literally the whole point of NATO. 

Ukraine can do this - throw russia out of Ukraine, that is - on their own, without help. But it would take 20 years or so, abominable losses and total loss of quality of life for the population.

With Western help, Ukrainian victory is in sight. No, I don't know exact date, no one does, it could be half a year or two years, but it's near enough and likely enough that the plans for reconstructions and investments in Ukraine are already in making. 

Ukraine is the future power house of the EU. The best part is that they'll have literal army extremely sensitive to corruption and treason, who will help change the social habits and customs. They'll make corruption and treason be seen as they should be seen, as utter shame and crime, not a sign of cleverness. (Speaking of which, another russian collaborator went up in the air together with his expensive car, in Berdjansk. He was still alive but rather toasted few hours ago.)

Betraying Kurds is probably the worst sin on collective Western soul. If only they didn't end up stateless, back in those moronic times of colonial mentality... well, damn. It's near impossible to fix it now. I'm trying to say that fighting over borders of your existing state is not pleasant, certainly, but being deprived of own country is special kind of hell. Yeah, Palestinians too. I used to care. To be honest, I don't care about anything since Feb 24th, except kicking russia out of Ukraine. The only way we can hope to live in at least relative safety and with relative ease is to crush putlerianism. Etc. 

But Ukrainian situation is not like Kurdish situation. Ukraine is one large country with actually very clear and indisputable borders (compared to typically European overlapping of territorial pretensions and if we remove putler and his bizarre idea of restoration of the russian empire out of equation).   

Ukraine has very lively and nationally aware diaspora, which can and wants to help. 

And maybe the most important, Ukraine is the bulwark. There's no EUrope if Ukraine falls. There are some "clever" pro-russian ass-kissers, those who sell their countries for the promise of being capos in putler's gulags. But I'm certain we're more numerous. I'm certain we can defend our countries from putler's sleepers. They are idiots by default, and being more intelligent than the enemy is a great advantage.

Etc. 

Sorry for ranting :D  

I could be summed up into: don't worry, we can do this ;) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Ukraine can do this - throw russia out of Ukraine, that is - on their own, without help. But it would take 20 years or so, abominable losses and total loss of quality of life for the population.

With Western help, Ukrainian victory is in sight. No, I don't know exact date, no one does, it could be half a year or two years, but it's near enough and likely enough that the plans for reconstructions and investments in Ukraine are already in making. 

Ukraine is the future power house of the EU. The best part is that they'll have literal army extremely sensitive to corruption and treason, who will help change the social habits and customs. They'll make corruption and treason be seen as they should be seen, as utter shame and crime, not a sign of cleverness. (Speaking of which, another russian collaborator went up in the air together with his expensive car, in Berdjansk. He was still alive but rather toasted few hours ago.)

Betraying Kurds is probably the worst sin on collective Western soul. If only they didn't end up stateless, back in those moronic times of colonial mentality... well, damn. It's near impossible to fix it now. I'm trying to say that fighting over borders of your existing state is not pleasant, certainly, but being deprived of own country is special kind of hell. Yeah, Palestinians too. I used to care. To be honest, I don't care about anything since Feb 24th, except kicking russia out of Ukraine. The only way we can hope to live in at least relative safety and with relative ease is to crush putlerianism. Etc. 

But Ukrainian situation is not like Kurdish situation. Ukraine is one large country with actually very clear and indisputable borders (compared to typically European overlapping of territorial pretensions and if we remove putler and his bizarre idea of restoration of the russian empire out of equation).   

Ukraine has very lively and nationally aware diaspora, which can and wants to help. 

And maybe the most important, Ukraine is the bulwark. There's no EUrope if Ukraine falls. There are some "clever" pro-russian ass-kissers, those who sell their countries for the promise of being capos in putler's gulags. But I'm certain we're more numerous. I'm certain we can defend our countries from putler's sleepers. They are idiots by default, and being more intelligent than the enemy is a great advantage.

Etc. 

Rant away its a pleasure to read. Nice to see people caring! This is literally closer to home for you than me but I can't stop looking at this war. This counter attack in Kherson is giving me anxiety cause I keep thinking what happens if it fails and the orcs go on attack?

Ah well I'm prolly just over thinking things, it's going Ukraines way atm.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Is that confirmed kills? Thought the estimate was between 50-70k.

That's the estimated number by the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine.

Edited by Helen of Annoy

Stuff is happening, promising stuff, on all parts of the front ( @ThereWeAreThen you were right, it's not just in the South!), exchanges of POWs are happening (I'm personally extra emotional about that, so I'm VERY happy today, and hopeful), EU is choosing the exact model of price capping russian gas... all in all... 

edit to add: But from putlerian point of view... 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Haha 2

Not to hex it. *knocks on wood* *spits* (symbolically) *makes the sign of the horns* (that one's originally Italian, but I like it)  

• Like 2

Krabs. Not only they make funny wordplays, they are also one of the legendary weapons in Ukrainian war.   

• Like 3

russian regime media is telling their zombies that 2,000 mostly russians who made a putlerian show in Köln the other day were an attempt to overthrow German government. 

Which is a bizarre interpretation, but that's russian TV, nothing's too bizarre for them. 

Also, yes, why would they want to get rid of someone who seems to avoid helping Ukrainian defense? (I do believe Scholz is only a victim of irrational pacifism, not an actual pro-russian, but I don't actually feel like finding excuses for him.) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

UN atomic watchdog urges safety zone around Ukraine nuclear power plant

The UN atomic watchdog agency urged Russia and Ukraine on Tuesday to establish a "nuclear safety and security protection zone" around the Zaporizhzhia power plant amid mounting fears the fighting could trigger a catastrophe in a country still haunted by the Chornobyl disaster.

In a report following a visit by an inspection team last week, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said "shelling on site and in its vicinity should be stopped immediately to avoid any further damages to the plant and associated facilities, for the safety of the operating staff and to maintain the physical integrity to support safe and secure operation."

Sauce: UN atomic watchdog urges safety zone around Ukraine nuclear power plant | CBC News

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Etc. 

On the topic of a resistance movement then it wouldn`t be like Afghanistan.

In those areas 99% Ukrainian it would. But in areas with a sizeable Russian population it wouldn`t. You`d found the Russians there doing their own resistance back.

I feel an urge to give someone a raincoat and a bicycle ride. Strange. 

Anyway... Lavrov made another direct admission that sanctions are working. 

(Also, there's the attempted blackmail with not delivering gas until sanctions are lifted. Before that, there was attempted blackmail with stopping the export of Ukrainian grains until sanctions are lifted... Further, there's shortage of cruise missiles and any other 20th and 21st century type of products, because putler's glorious russia can't produce a washing machine anymore, on its own. Which is how they fell down to the level of buying North Korean missiles. Which will be morbidly amusing, even more than faulty Iranian drones.)  

• Like 2

All right, Gepards are absolutely wonderful things, but Ukraine needs Leopards too. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Helen of Annoy said:

:lol: 

That washing machine probably has more tech than whatever currently Russian can produce. (Just kidding)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, godnodog said:

That washing machine probably has more tech than whatever currently Russian can produce. (Just kidding)

No joke. It is funny, but it's no joke. 

This is an interesting article, which explains that certain components in russian weapons weren't supposed to be there, since there were sanctioned from 2014, but it also points out that russian weapons are actually based on outdated technologies. (Which explains why two or more heads of russian missile development were removed recently. putler wants a wonder weapon, superior to western, that would match the propaganda while russia can't even copy western modern weapons right.) 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/04/us/politics/russia-missiles-ukraine.html

The Russian navigation system resembles the open-source architecture of GPS receivers, which is not subject to federal restrictions regarding the sale and export of defense articles, he said.

“A team of college electrical engineering majors could build this,” he said.

The hodgepodge of parts that Russia uses to build its guided weapons may also help explain why its cruise missiles are sometimes not very accurate, Mr. Menendez said.

I believe it explains why putler kept refusing to believe Western weapons are that much better than russian - he simply can't fathom that the civilized world is not the same as russia. He only begins to realize the West is not the same as russia, that it's not just propaganda and thievery. 

Which is how we got to see the hilarious russian attempts to repel HIMARS with mirrors and similar magic rituals. They might have hanged some dream-catchers too. 

Also, the good parts in russian products were western parts. Sure, they'll replace them with Chinese copies. lol. Serve them right. 

I can't find that photo right now, but it's "how would russian missiles look like without western parts" and it's a photo of a plain, empty, lonely metal tube. 

• Like 2

:lol:  

It's just... :lol: 

But it's not surprising. putlerian propaganda is made by idiots, for idiots. They don't realize how hilarious their stupidities seem to normal people. 

• Like 2

Good night, good people. May the morning brings us all more of good news. Not to hex it. *knocks on wood*

• Like 5

U.S. Military Announces Test Launch Of ICBM, Notifies Russia

The U.S. military will test launch an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) on September 7, the Pentagon says, adding that Russia has been notified. A Pentagon spokesman described the test as routine and said it was meant to demonstrate the readiness of the U.S. military's nuclear forces and "provide confidence in the security and effectiveness of the nation's nuclear deterrent."

It will be the second test launch of the country's nuclear defenses in less than a month. The last occurred on August 16 and tested a Minuteman III ICBM that carried a test reentry vehicle, which in a strategic conflict could be armed with a nuclear warhead. The vehicle traveled about 6,760 kilometers to the Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall Islands in the western Pacific.

Sauce: https://www.rferl.org/a/32021455.html#:~:text=The U.S,the western Pacific.

Seems that US is confident that these tests aren't going to inflame tensions with Russia, which is a good sign. 

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 3

On 9/2/2022 at 10:46 PM, Occult1 said:

But did they really had a choice?  Russia has the world's biggest reserves of natural gas. It can be conveniently delivered to EU countries via pipelines.

They will have to place themselves firmly into the hands of Middle-East countries to replace that 40% need. I'm not convinced that's better.

There is always a choice.  The issue isn't the convenience, though convenience and price likely baited the trap.  The entirety of Europe had to work together and spend huge amounts of resources to keep Russia from their borders for over 50 years.  THEN they suddenly decide they can hand over such an important aspect of their economy's life's blood to them?  Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Russians as a group.  The few I've known were fine people but their government has NEVER been trustworthy - and they'll say the same and worse.  Now is the time - since Putin has made it so clear he can't be trusted - for the EU to find other sources for energy, AND to remember that evil isn't gone from the world, it's thriving as it always has done.

• Like 4

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked