Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

15 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Sounds very similar to the Iran - Iraq war the Iranians were losing because at that time the US was supporting the Iraqis. In some Cases the Iranians used young children on bicycles to charge Iraqi lines, these kids were armed only with grenades and they started to use civilians in mass swarm attacks basically unarmed needless to say the Iranian dead piled up so high they could be used as fighting positions. My comments here are not inaccurate or an exaggeration it must have been a horrible sight!

https://www.historynet.com/the-iran-iraq-war-a-bloody-stalemate/

Didn't know this part of the war between Iraq and Iran but knew that Iran was about to invade Iraq's only significant Port (Basra) but were repelled by a barage of chemical weapons supplied by US companies under the watchful eye of the US Govt.  Rumsfeld was in constant talks with Saddam at the time and met with him more than once. The use of children to blow themselves up just shows the lengths these disgusting autocratic regimes will go and the insignificance they place on the lives of their people for their own selfish reasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

No lend-Lease means they will be required to pay for the Weapons in the future it has nothing to do with giving them any weapon they want. That’s why at the end of WWII all the Allied Nations were paying the United States for the equipment supplied during the war throughout the 1950s. 

Hmmm, did Brits payed back over 1 trillion USD (nowadays currency)?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, godnodog said:

No it is not, otherwise the US would make available nuclear and other non conventional weapons 

No, lend-lease doesn't mean nuclear.

56 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Siberian Enlistment Officer Shot as Recruitment Offices Torched Across Russia

Gruesome footage from an Irkutsk region military recruitment office showed a man in fatigues shooting another man point-blank and sending others scattering from the assembly hall.

The shooting marks one of the most dramatic instances of outrage over Putin’s draft of around 300,000 reservists for battle in Ukraine. 

Since Putin made the surprise announcement Wednesday, at least 20 recruitment offices were torched across Russia’s 11 time zones, according to the independent news website Mediazona and The Moscow Times' Russian service.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/09/26/siberian-enlistment-officer-shot-as-recruitment-offices-torched-across-russia-a78886

Heh, what a shock...

Imagine hundreds of thousands returning back to russia... Shooting range...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Didn't know this part of the war between Iraq and Iran but knew that Iran was about to invade Iraq's only significant Port (Basra) but were repelled by a barage of chemical weapons supplied by US companies under the watchful eye of the US Govt. Rumsfeld was in constant talks with Saddam at the time and met with him more than once. The use of children to blow themselves up just shows the lengths these disgusting autocratic regimes will go and the insignificance they place on the lives of their people for their own selfish reasons.

Yes the United States was aware that the Iraqis were using Chemical Agents against Iran, but unless you can provide a source that accurately shows the US Companies supplied the Iraqis with Chemical Weapons I refuse to believe it. I was working in the Upper Echelon of the US Chemical Corps during the conflict in part of the 1980s and if what your saying occurred I would have been aware of it. I am familiar with the use of Iraqi Chemical Agents at a number of locations but by the 1980s they were the largest producer of Chemical Agents of any Nation in the Middle East so there would be no need to supply them with such weapons.

Below is declassified Top Secret document produced by the CIA that details Chemical Agent use by both Iran and Iraq there isn’t much redaction and it doesn’t mention it.

https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/docs/DOC_0001079783.pdf

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Hmmm, did Brits payed back over 1 trillion USD (nowadays currency)?

You tell me I have no idea how much they paid back?

14 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

You tell me I have no idea how much they paid back?

So, you have no clue either, interesting...

8 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

So, you have no clue either, interesting...

I have no clue, and being a Soldier for most of my life I really have no interest in that history so I never bothered to research it. If you have some information you wish to share, I would be glad to hear it?

6 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I have no clue, and being a Soldier for most of my life I really have no interest in that history so I never bothered to research it. If you have some information you wish to share, I would be glad to hear it?

Fair enough.

As far as I know, Brits, USSR, etc, just payied for what they kept afterwards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Ukraine should leave crap loads of vodka along the fronts. With LSD in it.

Then have someone shout "ZOMBIES!!!". 

Where do you think Z comes from? :P

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, bmk1245 said:

No, lend-lease doesn't mean nuclear.

I never wrote that it did, I just wrote that lend lease isn't a free choice of weapons.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Fair enough.

What about equipment that was destroyed and could not be returned from what I do remember about the Act if the lended necessary items and they were not returned they would then need to paid for. I could be completely wrong though because like I said my knowledge of the Act is very minimal.

2 minutes ago, godnodog said:

I never wrote that it did, I just wrote that lend lease isn't a free choice of weapons.

Ok, fair enough, my bad I presume.

• Like 1

Just now, Grim Reaper 6 said:

What about equipment that was destroyed and could not be returned from what I do remember about the Act if the lended necessary items and they were not returned they would then need to paid for. I could be completely wrong though because like I said my knowledge of the Act is very minimal.

Destroyed equipment, shells, oil, materials, etc weren't payd for. As far as I know. I would be glad if someone would prove me wrong.

BTW, any news about Tabakh?

Just now, bmk1245 said:

Destroyed equipment, shells, oil, materials, etc weren't payd for. As far as I know. I would be glad if someone would prove me wrong.

BTW, any news about Tabakh?

As far as proving you wrong it’s history to me and history that like I said I really don’t care about.

What is Tabakh? 

1 minute ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

As far as proving you wrong it’s history to me and history that like I said I really don’t care about.[...]

Hmmm... yeah... What?

1 minute ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

[...]

What is Tabakh? 

The guy, you supposed to ask about your sources. I know, I experience short memory loss as well...

16 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Hmmm... yeah... What?

The guy, you supposed to ask about your sources. I know, I experience short memory loss as well...

Dude let me help you out here what you added to the end of my comments below is against forum rules, so your Hmmm yeah what is BS.

As far as proving you wrong it’s history to me and history that like I said I really don’t care about.[...]

Hmmm... yeah... What?

19 minutes ago,  Grim Reaper 6 said: 

[...]

What is Tabakh? 

The guy, you supposed to ask about your sources. I know, I experience short memory loss as well...

I really don’t get you point based upon your comments above, must be a problem with your use of the English language.:unsure:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6

1 hour ago, bmk1245 said:

Fair enough.

See the WW2 section of the link.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_British_national_debt

Our final payment was made in 2006 $83 million.

The effects of the post war economy and still food issues were felt well into the 1970’s.

Edited by Grey Area
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Dude let me help you out here what you added to the end of my comments below is against forum rules, so your Hmmm yeah what is BS.

Hmmm... yeah... What?

19 minutes ago,  Grim Reaper 6 said: 

[...]

What is Tabakh? 

The guy, you supposed to ask about your sources. I know, I experience short memory loss as well...

I really don’t get you point based upon your comments above, must be a problem with your use of the English language.:unsure:

OK

What your knowledge about Tabakh is?

Just now, bmk1245 said:

OK

What your knowledge about Tabakh is?

No it’s not ok and there is no need to continue the conversation any further!

3 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

See the WW2 section of the link.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_British_national_debt

Our final payment was made in 2006 $83 million.

The effects of the post war economy and still food issues were felt well into the 1970’s.

Just tiny fraction of what you've got (over 30 billion USD in that currency).

5 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

No it’s not ok and there is no need to continue the conversation any further!

Yeah, I figured that out.

16 hours ago, Trelane said:

It's such a popular and legal operation, that Russian citizens are protesting and going to jail for it now.:lol:

"Protests in Russia Against Putin’s Mobilization Policy Continue"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/protests-in-russia-against-putin-s-mobilization-policy-continue/ar-AA12ctGl?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=36813b5338804301930d20017dd25063

"Members of the Vesna, or Spring, movement, who called for the protests on Saturday under the slogan “No Mobilization to the Grave,” had their homes searched in St. Petersburg, as did several activists and journalists working for independent news media outlets. Such protests are effectively criminalized in Russia, and video on social media networks depicted riot police beating demonstrators in Moscow, St. Petersburg and other large cities including Irkutsk, Ulan-Ude, Tomsk, Chita, Khabarovsk and Saratov."

"In the Siberian city of Novosibirsk, riot police moved in on a group of protesters who were holding hands in a circle and singing an antiwar song popularized in the 1960s called “May There Always Be Sunshine.” About 70 people there were detained. In Tomsk, a man stopped traffic as he screamed, “A peaceful life for our children” and “Don’t watch television,” a reference to the stream of propaganda on state networks. He was arrested within minutes."

"Russians are assembling to protest despite a warning from the general prosecutor’s office, issued on Wednesday, that unsanctioned protests could result in punishment of up to 15 years of prison for “spreading false information” about the military, which became a criminal offense in March."

"Despite the Kremlin’s crackdown on dissent, people flooded the streets in protest. More than 1,300 demonstrators were detained on Wednesday, according to OVD-Info, while several protests were reported on Thursday, including in Dagestan, an impoverished southern region where anti-draft protesters blocked a federal highway."

The Russian Police must have no brains and act like Zombies , they can't go on arresting ordinary citizens for ever , the criminal element must be clapping hands as their activities are being left alone ,some of the Police must be sickened by what they are doing , especially if they are arresting relatives , unless all the relatives are also Zombies . I have seen Russian Police acting in Murmansk and they are brutal .

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Dont say that I'm in Kos from the 5th of October. :rofl:

Now is not the time to visit Greece or Turkey , you can spend a pleasant time in th Lake District ,and the Beer is better there .I hope you get back safely

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked