Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

50 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Not sure if Taiwan is the target, but it makes sense

Taiwan is not being invaded any time soon, any mobilization in China would be to suppress the citizens if the Chinese housing bubble pops or a run on the banks occur or any of the other major issues the Chinese economy has from attempting constant double digit economic growth for decades.

To invade Taiwan the Chinese military would need well over a million men to even attempt the invasion.  The ammunition, fuel, and equipment to perform an invasion of Taiwan would take months, probably closer to a year, to stockpile near the coast.  They would also need to set up some kind of housing accommodation for the reserve troops that would be on the mainland until needed.  One of the clear indicators of Russia invading Ukraine was when the Russian military set up temporary blood banks near the Ukranian border and filled them.  Than to top it off China would need to involve its entire navy plus press into service civilian vessels just to be able to pull off a naval invasion of Taiwan.

Since there has been zero stockpiling of fuel, ammunition, and equipment, zero building of troop housing accommodations, and no movements of the entire Chinese navy to be based near Taiwan any attempted invasion would be at absolute minimum 6 months away.  This is all before the fact that with the tides and monsoon seasons that realistically only 2 months out of the entire year as weather suitable for a naval landing of which China has absolutely zero experience with.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I thought Odesa fell into Russian hands months ago. Isn't that right @Occult1 and @Cookie Monster ?

Putin definitly has an eye on Odessa. But one might say that Russia already "control" Odessa, they are blockading the Ukrainian ports in the Black Sea. Nothing comes in or out of Odessa without Russia's explicit permission.

Edited by Occult1

10 hours ago, Essan said:

Yes, final payment was made in 2006

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6215847.stm

Key point (from your link)

Equipment left over in Britain at the end of hostilities and still needed had to be paid for.

That doesn't include equipment that have been destroyed, nor expendable materials.

4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

I bet Jordan haven't seen what russkys (including officials and propagandists) are saying about Ukraine and Ukrainians (down to complete extermination).

2 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Putin definitly has an eye on Odessa. But one might say that Russia already "control" Odessa, they are blockading the Ukrainian ports in the Black Sea. Nothing comes in or out of Odessa without Russia's explicit permission.

Hi Occult

We will see who does what when the dust has settled. With the weapons that the Ukrainians are getting Russia won’t want his ships anywhere in range of anything coming or going through the Black Sea as many cargo ships are owned by other countries or foreign citizens.

I expect by the time Putin has wasted what limited resources then defeat several other countries may decide that  Russia won’t have the military influence to stop them from becoming independent. Likey he will lose more than he could hope to gain. 

• Like 3

Well, it appears some still have a sense of sanity and morality.

"Kazakhstan rejects Russia’s attempts to annex Ukrainian territory and calls for respecting sovereignty"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/kazakhstan-rejects-russia-s-attempts-to-annex-ukrainian-territory-and-calls-for-respecting-sovereignty/ar-AA12f9Oz?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=e3302ce2cb8649f4bba1a02c30feb9b3

"Kazakh authorities on Monday rejected attempts by Russia to annex Ukrainian territory as part of its invasion and urged the government to "respect the principles of territorial integrity and sovereignty".

"The country's Foreign Ministry has indicated that it "does not recognize the possible annexation" of the republics of Lugansk and Donetsk, as well as other territories captured by the Russian Army, such as Kherson or Zaporiyia.  "Our president has repeatedly made clear, including in his speech to the United Nations, the importance of safeguarding the principles of international law, which is based on the Charter of this universal organization," asserted Aibek Smadiyarov, spokesman for the Ministry."

"In this regard, he said that the UN Charter "speaks about the responsibility of the member states to maintain peace and respect for the territorial integrity of the states". "We show our readiness to offer all necessary assistance to restore dialogue between the parties while trying to preserve stability, both regionally and globally," he said."

• Like 7

Update from Ukraine | Light and Fast | Ukraine got new land and more help

• Like 3

The Russian economy will ‘die by winter’ because of the ‘catastrophic consequences’ of the military mobilization, a top Russian economist warns.

https://fortune.com/2022/09/26/russian-economy-die-by-winter-says-economist-vladislav-inozemtsev-putin-mobilization/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, this is definitely one way to make sure your new troops die. It's a bold strategy Vladdy, let's see how this works out.

"Russian conscripts sent to fight in Ukraine 'handed rusty Kalashnikovs' "

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russian-conscripts-sent-to-fight-in-ukraine-handed-rusty-kalashnikovs/ar-AA12fbuc?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=59d98a18acc34f088dddb2111dd2ca50

"Civilians made to join Russia’s bloody war against Ukraine are being handed rusted Kalashnikov rifles. Recruits were given the firearms at a military store in Primorsky, eastern Russia, as president Vladimir Putin’s surprise draft became a reality."

"One conscript said in a video: ‘It’s the tank boys who were given this c*** [rusty Kalashnikovs]. ‘They said, “You’ve got tanks, so don’t give a **** about the Kalashnikovs”."

"Another added: ‘These are the machine guns we’re getting. ‘****** up, I’m ******* up…. I won’t comment on anything…. I’m shocked.’"

"As part of a tank crew, the men were told by commanders the Kalashnikovs were good enough."

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Well, this is definitely one way to make sure your new troops die. It's a bold strategy Vladdy, let's see how this works out.

"Russian conscripts sent to fight in Ukraine 'handed rusty Kalashnikovs' "

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russian-conscripts-sent-to-fight-in-ukraine-handed-rusty-kalashnikovs/ar-AA12fbuc?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=59d98a18acc34f088dddb2111dd2ca50

"Civilians made to join Russia’s bloody war against Ukraine are being handed rusted Kalashnikov rifles. Recruits were given the firearms at a military store in Primorsky, eastern Russia, as president Vladimir Putin’s surprise draft became a reality."

"One conscript said in a video: ‘It’s the tank boys who were given this c*** [rusty Kalashnikovs]. ‘They said, “You’ve got tanks, so don’t give a **** about the Kalashnikovs”."

"Another added: ‘These are the machine guns we’re getting. ‘****** up, I’m ******* up…. I won’t comment on anything…. I’m shocked.’"

"As part of a tank crew, the men were told by commanders the Kalashnikovs were good enough."

Almost seems like Russia is trying to lower their population.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

He made very sure that the place is very much set on fire :D I think it was personal. 

He must've been driving a Moskvitch and couldn't wait to burn the old Soviet piece of c...p. :P

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Occult

We will see who does what when the dust has settled. With the weapons that the Ukrainians are getting Russia won’t want his ships anywhere in range of anything coming or going through the Black Sea as many cargo ships are owned by other countries or foreign citizens.

I expect by the time Putin has wasted what limited resources then defeat several other countries may decide that  Russia won’t have the military influence to stop them from becoming independent. Likey he will lose more than he could hope to gain. 

Russia will no doubt send 50,000 new conscripts to stabilise the front.

And then early next year, when it begins to warm, surge its million men into Ukraine. Ukrainian defence will at that point collapse unless NATO commit to sending tanks and aircraft to them. If it does, the tactical nukes will come out.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

The Russian economy will ‘die by winter’ because of the ‘catastrophic consequences’ of the military mobilization, a top Russian economist warns.

https://fortune.com/2022/09/26/russian-economy-die-by-winter-says-economist-vladislav-inozemtsev-putin-mobilization/

This is the worst bit of projection I have seen so far.

Its economies in Europe which will collapse this winter when Russia finally turns off the gas and oil.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, spud the mackem said:

Italy are so much in debt they rely on the E.U. for funding , they can't afford to leave . and I've heard that a lot of their new Gov't are friendly with Russia's Kremlin , so what sanctions are they applying . Their tanks have just reached Afghanistan because as we all know they have 1 forward and 2 reverse gears .

I thought those were the French tanks?  Italy must have bought them off them.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Its economies in Europe which will collapse this winter when Russia finally turns off the gas and oil.

I think both economies are going to suffer quite a bit. The good news is that it will be a lot easier for European economies to restabilize than it will for Russia's economy.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I think both economies are going to suffer quite a bit. The good news is that it will be a lot easier for European economies to restabilize than it will for Russia's economy.

How so? 

22 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Yes the United States was aware that the Iraqis were using Chemical Agents against Iran, but unless you can provide a source that accurately shows the US Companies supplied the Iraqis with Chemical Weapons I refuse to believe it. I was working in the Upper Echelon of the US Chemical Corps during the conflict in part of the 1980s and if what your saying occurred I would have been aware of it. I am familiar with the use of Iraqi Chemical Agents at a number of locations but by the 1980s they were the largest producer of Chemical Agents of any Nation in the Middle East so there would be no need to supply them with such weapons.

Below is declassified Top Secret document produced by the CIA that details Chemical Agent use by both Iran and Iraq there isn’t much redaction and it doesn’t mention it.

https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/docs/DOC_0001079783.pdf

LINK

It actually wasn't that much of a secret and there are plenty of links about it.  Rumsfeld's visit coincided with the turning point of the war between Iraq and Iran.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:

How so? 

Well, you're not going to have a wartime economy in most European countries, first of all. Russian stocks have already fallen a non-negligible amount, in addition to energy export profits slowly decreasing.

European countries that rely heavily on Russian imports will likely find alternative ways to obtain those resources, including looking towards nuclear energy, etc, whereas Russia will almost certainly be stuck selling energy exports at extremely cheap prices, essentially putting themselves in a financial chokehold.

This is all without factoring in the sanctions that will likely be imposed on the Russian economy as its war efforts intensifies. To add insult to injury, it's generally bad for the economy when you have people trying to leave the country in droves.

• Like 3

Increasing amount of videos of recently mobilized Russian soldiers complaining about how they are getting no training and being sent to the front lines immediately.  

Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread or not but there seems to of been a massive spike in calls and internet traffic to the hotline and websites/telegram groups on how to surrender safely to the Ukranian military.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Russia will no doubt send 50,000 new conscripts to stabilise the front.

And then early next year, when it begins to warm, surge its million men into Ukraine. Ukrainian defence will at that point collapse unless NATO commit to sending tanks and aircraft to them. If it does, the tactical nukes will come out.

Hi Cookie

Yes winter is starting and the Russia conscripts are being given rusty guns and told to bring their own helmet. What type of winter gear do you think they will get if any? Many of those boys don’t want to go to war as has already been shown given how many have tried to get out of their country so likely will be a lot of surrenders.

What tanks and aircraft they have been abandoning tanks and equipment for months and with the artillery the Ukraine has they have been shooting down anything that flies and Russia has moved planes further from the front to Russia.

• Like 2

Nord Stream 1 (still was sort of functional, mostly) and 2 (never got the licence so never was operational, pure loss of investment for russia) are both leaking gas (NS2 had some gas in it, though it wasn't going anywhere) in Baltic sea. 

A "gaping hole" is being mentioned, but details are yet to follow. 

By pure but amusing coincidence

The strategic Baltic gas pipeline was officially opened in POLAND, through which gas will flow from Norway to Poland and neighboring countries from October 1, the European Commission announced. The Baltic gas pipeline will transport up to 10 billion cubic meters of gas annually from Norway to Poland, while three billion cubic meters will be transported from Poland to Denmark.

(My source is in Croatian, but I guess you can find this news anywhere... if machine translated page is requested, I will provide.)

Edited by Helen of Annoy
"gas" as in "natural gas", not "fuel for your car"
  • Like 3

As referendums wrap up, Russia issues new nuclear warning to Ukraine, West

An ally of President Vladimir Putin issued a stark new nuclear warning to Ukraine and the West on Tuesday as referendums billed by Russia as a prelude to it annexing four Ukrainian regions entered their fifth and final day.

[...]

Medvedev’s warning differed from earlier ones in that he predicted for the first time that the NATO military alliance would not risk a nuclear war and directly enter the Ukraine war even if Moscow struck Ukraine with nuclear weapons.

“I believe that NATO would not directly interfere in the conflict even in this scenario,” Medvedev said in a post on Telegram.

“The demagogues across the ocean and in Europe are not going to die in a nuclear apocalypse.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/9158539/russia-ukraine-referendums/

I'm actually sorry for the poor guy, but putler isn't. 

I hope he manages to surrender. If the psychos whose sole function is to force russian cannon fodder to fight don't kill him. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

As referendums wrap up, Russia issues new nuclear warning to Ukraine, West

An ally of President Vladimir Putin issued a stark new nuclear warning to Ukraine and the West on Tuesday as referendums billed by Russia as a prelude to it annexing four Ukrainian regions entered their fifth and final day.

[...]

Medvedev’s warning differed from earlier ones in that he predicted for the first time that the NATO military alliance would not risk a nuclear war and directly enter the Ukraine war even if Moscow struck Ukraine with nuclear weapons.

“I believe that NATO would not directly interfere in the conflict even in this scenario,” Medvedev said in a post on Telegram.

“The demagogues across the ocean and in Europe are not going to die in a nuclear apocalypse.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/9158539/russia-ukraine-referendums/

Hi Occult

That threat has been made so many times it’s worn out whatever Russia does there will be a response have no doubt about that.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

:lol: 

Don't. Don't. Don't. 

Said Biden because it's unspeakable what will follow if russia throws the first nuke. 

If a "small" tactical one is used in Ukraine, NATO will for starts destroy russian Black Sea Fleet, using conventional weapons. (It was recently defined. Response to further attacks was not defined, but it's quite logical the NATO is already involved since the first one. 'nuff said.)

If a "large" strategic one or more is used against a NATO country, NATO will destroy russia. 

The reason why medvedev is waffling the opposite, as if he wasn't informed of American direct contacts on the highest level, which warned putin about the facts above, is because people who listen to his opinion are russian putlerian zombies so they can take his word over observable objective reality. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
were, was
  • Like 3

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked