Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

Just now, Helen of Annoy said:

They'll get hot air propaganda balloons, also on social media. russian command does not give a flying duck about requests from the field. Even if they had aircraft to lose and even if Ukraine was suddenly out of AA weapons and systems. tee-hee.  

Its bonkers, air support may help them if they do it properly, they do have aircraft which have decent range away from the batllefield, think its the Mig-31s that can fire longer range missiles. Air support is pretty improtant when you're bogged down. They dont seem to be getting any of the basics right I'm truly baffled by how awful they've been tactically and barbarically.

• Like 2

For Putin, Against 'Global Liberalism': Why So Many Bulgarian Parties Support Russia

''At rallies for Bulgaria's Revival party, there is no shortage of Russian flags. The leader of the ultranationalist party, Kostadin Kostadinov, who is in favor of leaving the EU and NATO, calls the other parties contesting Bulgaria's elections "projects of the American embassy" that will "throw us into a war against Russia." Kostadinov doesn't blame Putin for the war in Ukraine, but the West.

According to recent polls, Revival should pass the 4 percent threshold to enter parliament in Bulgaria's October 2 elections. While a relatively small party with little chance of governing, Revival's views -- a toxic mixture of Russophilia and anti-Western conspiracies -- are becoming more and more popular in Bulgaria. Revival is on the fringes of Bulgarian political life, but many of its pro-Russian views are not. And there are many more parties just like Revival: nationalist, anti-liberal, and firmly pro-Russian.''

https://www.rferl.org/a/bulgaria-elections-pro-russian-parties/32061638.html

10 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Its bonkers, air support may help them if they do it properly, they do have aircraft which have decent range away from the batllefield, think its the Mig-31s that can fire longer range missiles. Air support is pretty improtant when you're bogged down. They dont seem to be getting any of the basics right I'm truly baffled by how awful they've been tactically and barbarically.

:D  

Well, it's not that russia wasn't sending air support. Or spending missiles on civilian targets like they've got too many of those. 

I think putin, used to rely on propaganda bluster, consciously decided to waste men and materiel, in attempt to create an impression that russia has inexhaustible stocks of everything. Which is not true, naturally, all it takes is some rational thinking - how many trained and fit people can russia really find. They lost their actual professionals in arrogantly stupid actions. What they've got left are mogilized alco-batallions and various kadyrovtsy and similar stuff from the shallow end of the gene pool. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have to go now, or I'll need one of those to pull me out of bed in the morning.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I have to go now, or I'll need one of those to pull me out of bed in the morning.  

More presents from the Ruskies how lovely. :wub:

• Haha 3

If true this is two collapses in one day. Occult i thought you said russia could defend "its territory"?

• Like 3

On 10/1/2022 at 12:36 AM, Trelane said:

Because Russia is not under assault from NATO and the life of the Russian state is not in jeopardy,

I think it would be well to remember that PUTIN is the one who will decide when or if the "Russian state is in jeopardy".  These days, I think he equates his own life with that of the state.

• Like 1

All of this is unconfirmed and just rumors for now.

For the northern Kherson front there are rumors of the Ukranian military advancing 30+ km and getting close to Nova Kakhovka damn.  

For what is now essentially the northern Luhansk front there are rumors that the Russian military is fleeing from Kreminna.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

All of this is unconfirmed and just rumors for now.

For the northern Kherson front there are rumors of the Ukranian military advancing 30+ km and getting close to Nova Kakhovka damn.  

For what is now essentially the northern Luhansk front there are rumors that the Russian military is fleeing from Kreminna.

If it gets confirmed it will be huge.

• Like 5

Russia says its forces destroy seven artillery depots in Ukraine

''MOSCOW, Oct 2 (Reuters) - Russia's Defence Ministry said on Sunday its forces had destroyed seven artillery and missile depots in the Ukrainian regions of Kharkiv, Zaporizhzhia, Mykolaiv and Donetsk. 

It said the guidance radar for a S-300 air defence missile system had also been destroyed near Nova Kaluha in the Kherson region of southern Ukraine.''

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-says-its-forces-destroy-seven-artillery-depots-ukraine-2022-10-02/

So we have Russian troops retreating from what Putin declared Russia annexed a day or so ago lol.

What a joke. 

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

If it gets confirmed it will be huge.

Putin gives zero ****s about Russia or the young men he keeps sending to the meat grinder.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

So we have Russian troops retreating from what Putin declared Russia annexed a day or so ago lol.

What a joke. 

The process of annexation isn't 100% completed. Putin proclaimed annexation but there are still legal steps to be taken inside Russia's parliament.

Russian parliament to consider legal steps to absorb Ukrainian regions

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russian-parliament-consider-legal-steps-absorb-ukrainian-regions-2022-10-02/

Also, annexation doesn't change the fact that the Donbass is still a war zone. Russia is mobilizing troops for war and will no doubt defend the territories.

Edited by Occult1

2 hours ago, Occult1 said:

For Putin, Against 'Global Liberalism': Why So Many Bulgarian Parties Support Russia

''At rallies for Bulgaria's Revival party, there is no shortage of Russian flags. The leader of the ultranationalist party, Kostadin Kostadinov, who is in favor of leaving the EU and NATO, calls the other parties contesting Bulgaria's elections "projects of the American embassy" that will "throw us into a war against Russia." Kostadinov doesn't blame Putin for the war in Ukraine, but the West.

According to recent polls, Revival should pass the 4 percent threshold to enter parliament in Bulgaria's October 2 elections. While a relatively small party with little chance of governing, Revival's views -- a toxic mixture of Russophilia and anti-Western conspiracies -- are becoming more and more popular in Bulgaria. Revival is on the fringes of Bulgarian political life, but many of its pro-Russian views are not. And there are many more parties just like Revival: nationalist, anti-liberal, and firmly pro-Russian.''

https://www.rferl.org/a/bulgaria-elections-pro-russian-parties/32061638.html

Everyone, particularly if you’re on the extreme end of a political spectrum, needs a “boogeyman” and something to “otherise” and define yourself against. For ultranationalists like Putin and this Kostadinov fella, the biggest and bestest boogeyman is any power who isn’t Russian/Bulgarian, so “the west” is perfect. You get to deinfe very clearly who you are, who you are not AND have someone to blame for everything who isn’t connected in any way to your voter base.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

The process of annexation isn't 100% completed. Putin proclaimed annexation but there are still legal steps to be taken inside Russia's parliament.

Russian parliament to consider legal steps to absorb Ukrainian regions

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russian-parliament-consider-legal-steps-absorb-ukrainian-regions-2022-10-02/

Also, annexation doesn't change the fact that the Donbass is still a war zone. Russia is mobilizing troops for war and will no doubt defend the territories.

So you're finally understanding that Putin saying he annexes something is entirely meaningless?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

So you're finally understanding that Putin saying he annexes something is entirely meaningless?

There are steps to be taken. Currently the draft law for annexation of the 4 regions has been submitted to the Russian parliament.

There are also steps taken for mobilization of thousands of additional troops. Make no mistake, Russia is going to war for Donbass.

The fighting in Donetsk Oblast has been ongoing since 2014. That reality isn't going to change in a few days.

Also, just because Putin has proclaimed annexation doesn't mean the Nukes will start flying all of the sudden.

Edited by Occult1

@Occult1

I was wondering when occult was gonna crack and finally give up on stanning putin all the time.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, AlonaLameDeer said:

@Occult1

I was wondering when occult was gonna crack and finally give up on stanning putin all the time.

I don't think we should underestimate Putin. It's a very dangerous to try to 'isolate' or humiliate him.

That doesn't mean I support Putin. In fact, I don't particularly like him.

Edited by Occult1
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

There are steps to be taken. Currently the draft law for annexation of the 4 regions has been submitted to the Russian parliament.

There are also steps taken for mobilization of thousands of additional troops. Make no mistake, Russia is going to war for Donbass.

The fighting in Donetsk Oblast has been ongoing since 2014. That reality isn't going to change in a few days.

Also, just because Putin has proclaimed annexation doesn't mean the Nukes will start flying all of the sudden.

So, as Spartan Max2 says, "Putin saying he annexes something is entirely meaningless?"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Russia 'Weakened but Still Dangerous,' NATO Warns

NATO Deputy Secretary-General Mircea Geoana appeared by video link at the Helsinki Security Forum on Friday, telling attendees that NATO and European Union allies face a tough winter as inflation, cost of living crises, and the energy squeeze combine.

[...]

"Russia's war underlines just how vital a strong deterrence and defense is," he said. "Russia is weakened, but still dangerous. And we cannot let down our guard. We cannot assume it will not attack another country."

"Many assumed that it would not launch a full scale invasion of Ukraine from the beginning. They were wrong."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-weakened-but-still-dangerous-nato-warns/ar-AA12v3yB

NATO seems to believe that Russia is still dangerous, could invade another country etc.. But they can't win the war in Ukraine?

Edited by Occult1

50 minutes ago, AlonaLameDeer said:

@Occult1

Without people like Occult, this thread wouldn't be a discussion thread. Reality sits somewhere between Helen and Occult.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

US promises ‘severe costs’ for anyone who supports Russia’s annexations in Ukraine

''National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan told a top Ukrainian official on Sunday that any individual or entity who supports Russia’s annexation of eastern regions of Ukraine will face “severe” consequences.

Sullivan met Andriy Yermak, head of the office of Ukraine’s president, in Istanbul on Sunday, according to a statement from the White House, two days after Russian President Vladimir Putin announced the annexation of four regions of eastern and southern Ukraine.

“Mr. Sullivan underscored the United States’ steadfast support for Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity. He conveyed that the United States and its allies and partners will not be deterred by Russia’s flagrant violations of international law, including the United Nations Charter, and will impose severe costs on any individual, entity, or country that provides support to Russia’s purported annexation,” the statement said.''

https://news.yahoo.com/us-promises-severe-costs-anyone-214734110.html

@Nuclear Wessel U.S. imperalism in action.

Edited by Occult1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked