Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

Iran is going to have to change their guidance systems on those drones now as they're as good as compromised.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Iran is going to have to change their guidance systems on those drones now as they're as good as compromised.

I can see why to begin with NATO were reluctant to give Ukraine high end weapon systems, but now they've proven to be a very affective fighting force they can be trusted not to leave any for Russia. Although I think the orcs got some javelins but lets be real, they prolly got some of the black market years ago to look at. Then again they havent copied it and its ripping them apart so maybe not?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

To develop better tracking and counters to the drone is not an overnight technological accomplishment.

It`s going to take a good year from analysing the drone, to updating existing countermeasures. It may mean just software updates, or it may mean the hardware of existing countermeasures needs upgrading too.

Drones are very hard to do anything about. They fly low evading radar. They can also be launched near to a target rather than 100km away creating problems for a fighter jet to get there and shoot it down. They are also cheap enough to mass produce.

3 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

I can see why to begin with NATO were reluctant to give Ukraine high end weapon systems, but now they've proven to be a very affective fighting force they can be trusted not to leave any for Russia. Although I think the orcs got some javelins but lets be real, they prolly got some of the black market years ago to look at. Then again they havent copied it and its ripping them apart so maybe not?

While that is a valid point the stated reason is to stop Ukraine attacking Russian targets in Russia.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

While that is a valid point the stated reason is to stop Ukraine attacking Russian targets in Russia.

It was but i bet it was more they didnt wanna give russia sensitive technology which makes alot of sense.

Seen Ukraine recent progress? Missed talking to me? :wub::innocent:

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Without people like Occult, this thread wouldn't be a discussion thread. Reality sits somewhere between Helen and Occult.

:D  Being objective is a fault in this case. If I was objective, I'd hang myself on Feb 24th. But I had faith in my people (not just by Slavic connection, every sane - correction, it can be a lunatic too, kindness is the word I was looking for - person who refuses to surrender to actual, blatant evil, is one of my own.) 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

It was but i bet it was more they didnt wanna give russia sensitive technology which makes alot of sense.

Seen Ukraine recent progress? Missed talking to me? :wub::innocent:

Until your next ex-communication event. I hope you got the message you naughty boy!!!

Russia needs a good 3 months to get its conscripts and reservists trained to a capable level, equipped, to plan their use and strategy, and to put in place the logistics to support them. I therefore think they will fight a defensive war up until next spring when they will again go on the offensive. In the meantime, there will be a contraction of the annexed territories. They may also rush a few 10s of thousands of cannon fodder to prop up their line in any gaps that appear.

I`m confused as to why Russia isn`t using its air force properly. It has a large bomber fleet so one would think they would thin out the Ukraine lines using carpet bombing and cluster bombs. They have fuel bombs too which suffocate those in a wide radius. I suspect there is a hidden problem there. Maybe they don`t want to use their air force because when maintenance is needed then its dependent on sanctioned parts. Like replacement turbine blades for engines which have to be made from very strong and expensive alloys.

One would presume chemical and biological weapons (CBWs) would be used before nuclear warheads. CBWs don`t have to be fatal, they just have to incapacitate for a few days. Long enough for a Russian attack to meet poor resistance. Far more viable that tactical nukes, although probably more expensive.

Russia seems to be bad at psychological warfare. One doesn`t have to torture POWs to terrify the opponent's soldiers, they just need to think it`s going on and is widespread. I would suggest creating a fake campaign inside Russia trying to safeguard the rights of POWs. Put it on Russia TV so the west sees it claiming 1000s of incidents. Such a strategy can be used to provoke Ukraine into committing real war crimes back, and that would make Russians fight harder and stop them surrendering. The fake crimes need to be barbaric such as how they sawed my leg off to make me talk.

Edited by Cookie Monster

5 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

:D  Being objective is a fault in this case. If I was objective, I'd hang myself on Feb 24th. But I had faith in my people (not just by Slavic connection, every sane - correction, it can be a lunatic too, kindness is the word I was looking for - person who refuses to surrender to actual, blatant evil, is one of my own.) 

This is an interesting point. The purely objective stance on Feb 24th was probably that Ukraine had little chance of holding out let alone winning. But the Ukrainians fought regardless.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

US intelligence kept telling people Russia would invade but Europe felt the US was being paranoid and a war monger.

There was also the opinion (I happened to be one of those who made this exact mistake) that the US is not war mongering at all, that they do have the info that confirms that putin wants to appear as if he'll invade, but it was such an obvious, gigantic stupidity, an option without good outcome for russia or putin, that it seemed certain he won't invade. 

I stand very much corrected. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

This is an interesting point. The purely objective stance on Feb 24th was probably that Ukraine had little chance of holding out let alone winning. But the Ukrainians fought regardless.

The war has not gone according to expectations because NATO has turned it into a proxy war.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:

The war has not gone according to expectations because NATO has turned it into a proxy war.

You're silly.

It was no secret that the US was supplying weapons to Ukraine. We have done it for years. Very publically.

Putin has no one but himself to blame for his failure. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Until your next ex-communication event. I hope you got the message you naughty boy!!!

Russia needs a good 3 months to get its conscripts and reservists trained to a capable level, equipped, to plan their use and strategy, and to put in place the logistics to support them. I therefore think they will fight a defensive war up until next spring when they will again go on the offensive. In the meantime, there will be a contraction of the annexed territories. They may also rush a few 10s of thousands of cannon fodder to prop up their line in any gaps that appear.

I`m confused as to why Russia isn`t using its air force properly. It has a large bomber fleet so one would think they would thin out the Ukraine lines using carpet bombing and cluster bombs. They have fuel bombs too which suffocate those in a wide radius. I suspect there is a hidden problem there. Maybe they don`t want to use their air force because when maintenance is needed then its dependent on sanctioned parts. Like replacement turbine blades for engines which have to be made from very strong and expensive alloys.

One would presume chemical and biological weapons (CBWs) would be used before nuclear warheads. CBWs don`t have to be fatal, they just have to incapacitate for a few days. Long enough for a Russian attack to meet poor resistance. Far more viable that tactical nukes, although probably more expensive.

Russia seems to be bad at psychological warfare. One doesn`t have to torture POWs to terrify the opponent's soldiers, they just need to think it`s going on and is widespread. I would suggest creating a fake campaign inside Russia trying to safeguard the rights of POWs. Put it on Russia TV so the west sees it claiming 1000s of incidents. Such a strategy can be used to provoke Ukraine into committing real war crimes back, and that would make Russians fight harder and stop them surrendering. The fake crimes need to be barbaric such as how they sawed my leg off to make me talk.

Well I cant help myself with you but I promise I'll behave mister!

They're already sending conscripts straight to Ukraine with hardly any equipment. They still have huge logistic problems. I'm surprised with their airforce aswell, even though they dont have air superiority they stilll could be affective and if they didnt use they artillery, missiles and aircraft on bombing civilians but hitting ukraine military this war would be atleast a stalemate and im not sure if Ukraine would push as far as they did. But Ukraine are getting more aa systems. Russia have abandoned too much equipment they cant win this war.

Regarding psychological warfare, Ukraine are taking the humanist approach and its working, treat your POWs as human beings and more enemy troops are likely to surrender.

Putler has dragged this on for too long he cant win this.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I knew Ukraine was doing a lot to modernize the country and the army too. I knew they've got the ultimate motivation, survival. I knew they are not under embargo (like my country was in the moment we were attacked - we were forbidden to acquire more weapons for self-defense, because that was supposed to "stop the war" - now you know why I curse so much sometimes :D ). I knew the invasion is the end of russian war against Ukraine, not its beginning, but still it was so eerie, so death-sentence like, when russian armor started pouring in Ukraine, like cockroaches from hell.    

A bit of paranormal, it is in the site's spirit, after all: I had such indescribable attacks of "oil" - it's like the reality is drenched in oil. Petroleum oil, not cooking oil. Darkness, palpable darkness was in the air, with each mass death and each russian advance. I don't feel it anymore.

Not to hex it, I don't dare say I can see the end of war. Let's say I can believe there will an end to the war in satisfyingly near future.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Well I cant help myself with you but I promise I'll behave mister!

They're already sending conscripts straight to Ukraine with hardly any equipment. They still have huge logistic problems. I'm surprised with their airforce aswell, even though they dont have air superiority they stilll could be affective and if they didnt use they artillery, missiles and aircraft on bombing civilians but hitting ukraine military this war would be atleast a stalemate and im not sure if Ukraine would push as far as they did. But Ukraine are getting more aa systems. Russia have abandoned too much equipment they cant win this war.

Regarding psychological warfare, Ukraine are taking the humanist approach and its working, treat your POWs as human beings and more enemy troops are likely to surrender.

Putler has dragged this on for too long he cant win this.

There is currently a battle of the minds going on regarding torture.

Russia needs to get Ukraine to torture POWs if it`s to stop its men surrendering in large numbers. Ukraine needs to keep the deserters coming to drain the Russian front of manpower. I would suggest Russia fakes mass torture. 

Putin can win, but the cost of the win is going up by the day.

Without pretending I could or would want to be "neutral", I enjoy seeing russian flags being removed from the places where they never had any right to be.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Without pretending I could or would want to be "neutral", I enjoy seeing russian flags being removed from the places where they never had any right to be.  

Looks like my country gave them some military helmets.

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

There is currently a battle of the minds going on regarding torture.

Russia needs to get Ukraine to torture POWs if it`s to stop its men surrendering in large numbers. Ukraine needs to keep the deserters coming to drain the Russian front of manpower. I would suggest Russia fakes mass torture. 

Putin can win, but the cost of the win is going up by the day.

Cookie, you don't have to strain your brain with this. russians are thinking in the exact manner that you do, so you just sit back, relax and watch your logic being crushed like a bug in Ukraine. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:

Looks like my country gave them some military helmets.

No, these are western helmets. Your country gave them the largest "lend-lease", though without the intention to do so :lol:  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Cookie, you don't have to strain your brain with this. russians are thinking in the exact manner that you do, so you just sit back, relax and watch your logic being crushed like a bug in Ukraine. 

If it came down to it Russia has more men to burn through than Ukraine.

9 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

No, these are western helmets. Your country gave them the largest "lend-lease", though without the intention to do so :lol:  

Nah, those are 100% British ones. US, French, and German ones, all look completely different. I`d say 2nd Gulf War stock.

Edited by Cookie Monster

53 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Russia needs a good 3 months to get its conscripts and reservists trained to a capable level, equipped, to plan their use and strategy, and to put in place the logistics to support them.

3 months? LOL Ukraine has already sent back Russia's special forces back in body bags. At the end of 3 months the conscripts will know just enough to crap their pants when the going gets tough.

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

If it came down to it Russia has more men to burn through than Ukraine.

That's exactly what russia does - burns their own. That's why they lost the war. Also, quality matters, often more than quantity.

russia already wasted their "elite" units. 

10 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Nah, those are 100% British ones. US, French, and German ones, all look completely different.

It was a joke, Cookie. Implies you're russian. Didn't you hear Ukraine is making fun of russia, calling all the equipment they captured "russian lend-lease"?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For those who don't feel like clicking it to see the full image: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

3 months? LOL Ukraine has already set back Russia's special forces back in body bags. At the end of 3 months the conscripts will know just enough to crap their pants when the going gets tough.

Not to mention the logistics behind moblizing such a force is massive. You need to feed them, arm them, fuel for transport, this is a forcve larger than whats in Ukraine atm. Not gonna work.

• Like 4

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked