Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

Haven't seen anyone share that Ukrainian dudes update videos for a minute. I miss those vids lol

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Haven't seen anyone share that Ukrainian dudes update videos for a minute. I miss those vids lol

He updates daily.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Wouldnt be surprised if the Iranian drones are copies of American drones tbh.

I think a long while back , Iranians recovered a U.S. drone somewhere near them , and ever since then or a while after , they had drones. I remember reading about it . 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

The only compromise I would accept is Russia keeps Crimea. Ukraine regains everything else and becomes and official member of NATO

I don't see how Ukraine can regain the 4 regions unless they are open to a federalist-constitutional restructuring of the state. It would be a major compromise for Russia but clearly there is no going back to how it used to be.

Edited by Occult1

3 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Yes and they aren't trained or organised properly. 

Maybe they leaned on that large nuclear deterrent thing so much and figured they didn't need such a modern conventional army.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, razman said:

Maybe they leaned on that large nuclear deterrent thing so much and figured they didn't need such a modern conventional army.

That's actually an interesting angle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

@acidheadhow do you feel about Musks proposal ?

How do I feel?  Emotionally? 

I try not to base decisions on how I feel. I try to base them on what seems most logical to the subject. From the start of the Ukraine/Russia conflict I've advocated for peace.  Encouraging a ceasefire. Listening to people who live there and coming to some sort of compromise where lives dont have to be lost to combat.  Peaceful dialogue should always be encouraged, exhausted even when emotions are high. De-escalate the whole situation and talk. 

I don't see many trying any of that. It's a shame. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, acidhead said:

I try not to base decisions on how I feel. I try to base them on what seems most logical to the subject. From the start of the Ukraine/Russia conflict I've advocated for peace.  Encouraging a ceasefire. Listening to people who live there and coming to some sort of compromise where lives dont have to be lost to combat.  Peaceful dialogue should always be encouraged, exhausted even when emotions are high. De-escalate the whole situation and talk. 

Just how much have you been paying attention to this war? Relatively early in the crisis there were proposals presented to Putin that would have met all of his initial goals that he was aiming for, but the problem is that he kept shifting the goalpost to acquire more and more, as he's nothing more than a dictatorial expansionist. He chose war when he could have accepted peace.

The only way to get "peace" at this point would be to basically relent to all of Putin's demands.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

To develop better tracking and counters to the drone is not an overnight technological accomplishment.

It`s going to take a good year from analysing the drone, to updating existing countermeasures. It may mean just software updates, or it may mean the hardware of existing countermeasures needs upgrading too.

Drones are very hard to do anything about. They fly low evading radar. They can also be launched near to a target rather than 100km away creating problems for a fighter jet to get there and shoot it down. They are also cheap enough to mass produce.

Again, you are guessing. There are allies who can exploit the hardware and software pretty quickly.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, acidhead said:

I find it pretty insulting that you imply that I want war. Of course I don't. No reasonable person does. War should be the last solution, but Russias invasion made sure that peace is of the table. If Russia truly wants a peaceful solution all they have to do is leave Ukraine.

So when you get of you moral highhorse are you going to actually answer any of the questions I made about Musk's proposal ?

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, acidhead said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, acidhead said:

It's easy to "advocate for peace" and "de-escalation" without giving any specifics. 

What is your plan for peace and de-escalation acidhead? 

Listening to the people who live there. Seems like they want their territory back.

Has Russia actually taken any steps towards peace? 

As for emotions. Everyone's emotion effected their decision, no matter who they are. Denying you have emotions on the subject is just deluding yourself.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

It was time someone told the truth for once.

Yes, Russia should seek peace. Start by withdrawing.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 4

China Warns U.S. of Grave Consequences if Ukraine Joins NATO

''China warned the United States it could face severe consequences—including the prospect of nuclear war—if it allows Ukraine to join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), drawing the 30-member alliance into the country's conflict with Russia.

In a Sunday editorial in the state-owned Global Times, Beijing warned that allowing the country into the alliance—as Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has requested—would lead to an inevitable escalation in the conflict, prompting Russian President Vladimir Putin's threats to use nuclear arms against the West.''

[...]

"In that case, there will be no security for anyone, not for Ukraine, and not for the world," the newspaper wrote. "Instead of pursuing resolutions to end the conflict, Washington has, over and over again, displayed that the US is charging toward the other direction—fanning the flames of war."

https://www.newsweek.com/china-warns-us-grave-consequences-if-ukraine-joins-nato-1748431

Edited by Occult1

1 hour ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

@Occult1 Are you in agreement that Russia needs to withdraw completely from Ukraine?

There are reasons why Russia has entered Ukraine. Unless we address those reasons and find solutions, compromises and negotiate peace, they will not leave.

Edited by Occult1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

There are reasons why Russia has entered Ukraine. Unless we address those reasons and find solutions, compromises and negotiate peace, they will not leave.

I never asked about reasons why they are there or if they will leave, I am asking if you agree that they should pull out. Their reasoning is irrelevant.

Pretty straightforward question. 

Do you think they should pull out? Yes or no?

Or are you going to dodge the question again?

You had an opinion on the Ukrainian government on Feb 24th 2022 so I’m guessing surely you have a thought one way or another. Or are you just going to repeat what you said with different wording again to answer a question that wasn’t even asked 

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

How much bigger was China's population than Japan's ww2 (I'm taking a guess ut was bigger), what about the full allied ww2 (even without the ussr) than Germany and Japan combined?

Numbers isn't everything.

Why does anyone care what Musk has to say? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

You're down to grasping at straws now.

fark_CHsof0HAOuiZzqsg_FI43A2guRM.png

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, godnodog said:

How much bigger was China's population than Japan's ww2 (I'm taking a guess ut was bigger), what about the full allied ww2 (even without the ussr) than Germany and Japan combined?

Numbers isn't everything.

Why does anyone care what Musk has to say? 

No idea why people care. It’s problematic when he discusses matters that he has no clue about, as he has millions of followers and his statements can make a lasting impression.

Those that do seem to do so because they are attracted to those who seemingly hold contrarian views or who otherwise attempt to challenge the status quo. Mostly edgy teenagers and young adults are his demographic I think. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

China Warns U.S. of Grave Consequences if Ukraine Joins NATO

''China warned the United States it could face severe consequences—including the prospect of nuclear war—if it allows Ukraine to join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), drawing the 30-member alliance into the country's conflict with Russia.

In a Sunday editorial in the state-owned Global Times, Beijing warned that allowing the country into the alliance—as Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has requested—would lead to an inevitable escalation in the conflict, prompting Russian President Vladimir Putin's threats to use nuclear arms against the West.''

[...]

"In that case, there will be no security for anyone, not for Ukraine, and not for the world," the newspaper wrote. "Instead of pursuing resolutions to end the conflict, Washington has, over and over again, displayed that the US is charging toward the other direction—fanning the flames of war."

https://www.newsweek.com/china-warns-us-grave-consequences-if-ukraine-joins-nato-1748431

Oooh, China warns of "grave consequences". Must be a day that ends in "y"

fark_m5LGkYiuVXaNIAqOJ3pnZfHU4EU.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked