Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

So hows Europe holding up with aide? US midterms are coming up and if Republicans take the house it's uncertain what the situation of further US aide will be. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

So hows Europe holding up with aide? US midterms are coming up and if Republicans take the house it's uncertain what the situation of further US aide will be. 

Well unless truss completely wrecks the economy we'll still be sending aide. Baltic states will keep giving what they can give.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, acidhead said:

How does the UK military know this information and why release it to the public through anonymous sources through a newspaper? 

Use your noggin. I know you can do it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Here you have a good example:

Hey, you forgot me! I resent that! 

I am a warmonger and a Nazi for the second time in my life. The first time was in 1990's when I was fired at - as a civilian - from everything pro-russian serbian forces had: snipers, mortars, tanks, howitzers, aerial bombs, even ground-to-ground missile.

Food supply was disrupted, but I wasn't hungry anyway. For months. Too much adrenaline.

But it was scary when newspapers didn't come. It meant we're probably cut off. 

In short, unlike you, I know exactly what war is like. 

And with such experience I am telling you, completely sober and serious, that I wouldn't ever surrender to illiterate sacks of **** who were trying to kill me - under excuse that my nation is inherently Nazi. Despite my grandparents being resistance fighters. And the horrors that happened to those who did surrender cannot be told here. 

So that, what you call "warmongering" is actually survival instinct. putin's russians' and pro-russians' goal is totalitarian terror, which includes genocide of whole nations, those nations who they deem "nonexistent" and Nazi. At the same time, of course, logic is not their strong point.    

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Putin signs annexation laws as Russia calls U.S. military aid for Ukraine an "immediate threat"

'''As Vladimir Putin signed laws Wednesday formally declaring a huge swath of Ukraine part of Russia, his ambassador in Washington called the United States' plan to provide Ukraine with an additional $625 million in military aid an "immediate threat" to Russia's strategic interests. The ambassador said the ongoing provision of heavy weapons to Ukraine had cemented "Washington's status as a participant in the conflict."

[...]

"The supply of military products by the U.S. and its allies not only entails protracted bloodshed and new casualties, but also increases the danger of a direct military clash between Russia and Western countries," Russian Ambassador Anatoly Antonov said on the Telegram messaging app. "We call on Washington to stop its provocative actions that could lead to the most serious consequences."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ukraine-news-putin-annexation-laws-russia-us-military-aid-immediate-threat/

Petraeus: Putin is ‘literally out of moves’

Former CIA Director and retired U.S. Army Gen. David Petraeus said in a new interview that Russia can still inflict destruction upon Ukraine, but Russian President Vladimir Putin cannot reverse Ukrainian gains in the four regions Moscow recently annexed.

“I think he’s literally out of moves,” Petraeus told CNBC’s Hadley Gamble. 

“He’s trying all these different desperate actions, but the fact is, the reality that confronts Russia on the battlefield in Ukraine is that Ukraine has a vastly more capable and larger force than does the country that is more than three times their size,” Petraeus continued. “So the reality on the battlefield now is desperate for Putin. There’s literally nothing he can do. It is irreversible.”

Putin on Wednesday signed documents absorbing four regions in Ukraine’s south and east into Russia after the country’s parliament approved the measure earlier in the week.

Petraeus predicted Ukraine would take back the entirety of those regions and perhaps even the Crimean Peninsula, which Russia annexed in 2014.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/3674651-petraeus-putin-is-literally-out-of-moves/

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It's yet to be seen what Putin will do now that his army is for intensive purposes getting backed into a corner and up against the wall.

He has no real targets for a nuclear strike as he'd literally have to saturate the battlefield(s) to be effective and that just leaves him Ukrainian cities.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

It would be much better with the US still on board, of course, but the EU is firmly at Ukraine's side and Ukraine can do this even if it's just EU and UK supporting it directly. 

Additional 5 billion Euros of EU's financial assistance for Ukraine was approved the other day, for example. Ukrainian fight for survival is EU's fight for survival too and on top of sympathies for Ukraine, there's also the realization that we're next if Ukraine falls. 

There was voting in the EU Parliament for the new round of sanctions, it went well, there were few pro-russians waffling the exact russian narrative that trumpers waffle, but they're just a side freak-show, no chance to take over.

The longer russia's war against Ukraine continues, the more are people aware that the cause of all recent problems is putin. russian attempt to make people angry at Ukraine for not surrendering failed. That is important, because there must be wide public support for the actions the EU is taking.    

The upside of this whole situation is that it makes the EU better connected. The EU is becoming an actual "thing" now. For example, von der Leyen proposed joined acquisition of natural gas, on the EU level. So our countries don't compete (giving profiteers a chance to rise prices), but come together (in which case EU's just too big to be manipulated with). 

But American aide, financial and in military equipment, really does save Ukraine (and consequentially the EU) at the moment.

So I hope it will be possible to smuggle some of those really great weapons from the US, even if trumpers decide to assist putin in his attempt of conquering EUrope.     

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

It's yet to be seen what Putin will do now that his army is for intensive purposes getting backed into a corner and up against the wall.

He has no real targets for a nuclear strike as he'd literally have to saturate the battlefield(s) to be effective and that just leaves him Ukrainian cities.

His army are not against a wall, there is time to retreat to Russia, Ukraine will not go into russian recognised territory for any conquering purpose.

• Like 3

It's not just because I despise putin, it's that the damn thing is really irrational lately.  

• Like 2

And Ukraine won't stop until the last orc was thrown out of Ukraine, whose borders are internationally recognized and indisputable.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, godnodog said:

His army are not against a wall, there is time to retreat to Russia, Ukraine will not go into russian recognised territory for any conquering purpose.

Putin annexed the areas that his army is currently in a hastily retreat from. Since Putin sees this as Russian territory now and in his mind he will need to act. In the long term he has the resources available to stop the Ukrainian army from further advancement but he has nothing in the short term. This makes for a unpredictable response.

12 hours ago, Occult1 said:

We are expected to believe that Ukraine can ''win'' a war against Russia.

At this point it almost looks like anyone could win a war against Russia lol

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Putin signs annexation laws as Russia calls U.S. military aid for Ukraine an "immediate threat"

'''As Vladimir Putin signed laws Wednesday formally declaring a huge swath of Ukraine part of Russia, his ambassador in Washington called the United States' plan to provide Ukraine with an additional $625 million in military aid an "immediate threat" to Russia's strategic interests. The ambassador said the ongoing provision of heavy weapons to Ukraine had cemented "Washington's status as a participant in the conflict."

[...]

"The supply of military products by the U.S. and its allies not only entails protracted bloodshed and new casualties, but also increases the danger of a direct military clash between Russia and Western countries," Russian Ambassador Anatoly Antonov said on the Telegram messaging app. "We call on Washington to stop its provocative actions that could lead to the most serious consequences."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ukraine-news-putin-annexation-laws-russia-us-military-aid-immediate-threat/

Lets say that the Finnish president signs a law that declares that Karelia is Finnish again, does that mean that Russia have to give it back to Finland ? 

What if the Chinese signs a law that declares that the the areas Russia annexed in 1858 and 1860 are now part of China, does that mean that Russia now have to give back a major part of south east Siberia ?

Will Russia give the formerly Japanese Kuril Islands back to Japan if the Japanese government annexes them ?

Do you get what I'm trying to tell you here ?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Since the way it works is we hand money over to American arms manufacturers and every weapon sent to the Ukraine makes American companies wealthier it will probably not make a difference. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Since the way it works is we hand money over to American arms manufacturers and every weapon sent to the Ukraine makes American companies wealthier it will probably not make a difference. 

I personally hope so. In my mind the time to hammer it home is when Russia is losing. Ukriane had the momentum right now so it's good to finish strong.

As far as I can tell the Republican party seems pretty split on the matter of aide to Ukraine. It's just hard to predict how they will act as a whole after the midterms. Even judging by comments on UM it seems the more right wing people are pretty split on it 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Putin may test underwater nuke 150 times stronger than Hiroshima bomb near Ukrainian border: report

''Defense officials fear Russian President Vladimir Putin may flex his military power by testing a massive nuclear torpedo called Poseidon, a report said.

NATO reportedly issued an intelligence report to its members and allies warning that the Kremlin is planning to test so-called “doomsday” nuclear torpedo drones, a senior UK defense source told the Times of London on Monday.

Poseidon is a long-range undersea nuke designed to hit coastal cities at extremely long range by traveling to targets underwater.

[...]

Recent reports estimate that the weapon is capable of carrying a 2 megaton warhead — more than 150 times the power of the bomb dropped on Hiroshima in 1945 and decidedly larger than a tactical nuclear warhead.''

https://nypost.com/2022/10/04/putin-may-test-underwater-nuke-150-times-stronger-than-hiroshima-bomb-near-ukrainian-border-report/

We are expected to believe that Ukraine can ''win'' a war against Russia.

Poor fish 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

[...]

The only bloodshed and casualties will be Russian . 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Lets say that the Finnish president signs a law that declares that Karelia is Finnish again, does that mean that Russia have to give it back to Finland ? 

What if the Chinese signs a law that declares that the the areas Russia annexed in 1858 and 1860 are now part of China, does that mean that Russia now have to give back a major part of south east Siberia ?

Will Russia give the formerly Japanese Kuril Islands back to Japan if the Japanese government annexes them ?

Do you get what I'm trying to tell you here ?

I support secessionist movements. If it is the Will of the people, why should they be denied that right of self-determination?

If a majority of people in Donbass, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia want to exit Ukraine and join Russia, why are you against them choosing their own destiny?

I actually support Elon Musk's proposition. Let's redo the referendums under the U.N.'s watch. Let the people living in those regions decide what is best for them.

Edited by Occult1

44 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Unless direct russian bribe makes pro-russian traitors personally wealthier. (Or the promise of russian bribe makes them believe they'll become wealthier, to be more precise.) In that case, they'll gladly decide to damage American geopolitical position, business and everything else. 

This is one of those relatively rare cases where weapons are actually used for self-defense against a truly genocidal aggressor. No moral dilemmas at all. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

At this point it almost looks like anyone could win a war against Russia lol

Let's send in the Sth American amazon Indians with their blow pipes and poison darts , they are good at killing Monkeys .

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

If a majority of people in Donbass, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia want to exit Ukraine and join Russia,

Only russian propaganda makes such irrational claims. The majority of people in areas of Ukraine that were temporarily occupied in russian illegal and imperialist war against Ukraine did not want to accept russian passports, do not want to send their children to russian fascist brainwashing etc. 

The majority of people in each Ukrainian region voted for independence. It's your putler that is trying to go against the will of Ukrainian people. 

• Like 4

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked