Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

12 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

I support secessionist movements. If it is the Will of the people, why should they be denied that right of self-determination?

If a majority of people in Donbass, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia want to exit Ukraine and join Russia, why are you against them choosing their own destiny?

I actually support Elon Musk's proposition. Let's redo the referendums under the U.N.'s watch. Let the people living in those regions decide what is best for them.

Elon Musks , TESLA car sales have slumped in the U.K ,they have closed sales rooms in Bristol U.K , we don't need this guy .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

I support secessionist movements. If it is the Will of the people, why should they be denied that right of self-determination?

If a majority of people in Donbass, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia want to exit Ukraine and join Russia, why are you against them choosing their own destiny?

I actually support Elon Musk's proposition. Let's redo the referendums under the U.N.'s watch. Let the people living in those regions decide what is best for them.

How about it be done properly IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Annexation, invasion is not the way to conduct a referendum.  There were politic options back in 2014.

Russia has ****ED that all up, now Putin is reaping what he’s sown 

You can support the succession of these regions all you want.  You are essentially supporting the removal of citizens from a democracy to a rotten dictatorship.  Sleep well

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Putin's invasion and interference has eliminated the possibility of ever having a fair referendum. Too many dead, displaced, and moved people. 

Putin allows free immigration into Russia. Ukraine gets their territory back. Problem solved and war is over. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Putin annexed the areas that his army is currently in a hastily retreat from. Since Putin sees this as Russian territory now and in his mind he will need to act. In the long term he has the resources available to stop the Ukrainian army from further advancement but he has nothing in the short term. This makes for a unpredictable response.

Putin can see it as whatever he likes, he can have his army retreat to international recognized borders, so no his army is not against the wall, on the other hand Putin the individual is.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Unless direct russian bribe makes pro-russian traitors personally wealthier. (Or the promise of russian bribe makes them believe they'll become wealthier, to be more precise.) In that case, they'll gladly decide to damage American geopolitical position, business and everything else. 

This is one of those relatively rare cases where weapons are actually used for self-defense against a truly genocidal aggressor. No moral dilemmas at all. 

Are you implying that there could be corrupt American politicians?????  Outrageous!!!!! :gun:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Are you implying that there could be corrupt American politicians?????  Outrageous!!!!! :gun:

How many Politicians do you know that dont tell lies, Trump was above all this wasn't he , and Nixon was pure ,haha , all Politicians world wide are corrupt when it suits them .

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

16 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Putin's invasion and interference has eliminated the possibility of ever having a fair referendum. Too many dead, displaced, and moved people. 

Putin allows free immigration into Russia. Ukraine gets their territory back. Problem solved and war is over. 

^What Mr. Spartan Max2 said. Let them move to Russia if they want to be Russian so baldy. It's ludicrous. They have no say over Ukrainian territory. If they don't like the Ukraine government, get out. Simple!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Everything's bigger in America, so is corruption bigger in America... or is it only valid for Texas? :D 

Kidding. 

A corrupt politician is probably one of the most universal things in this world. You'd be surprised with local cuisine, but you wouldn't be surprised to hear local politicians are corrupt. The louder it claims it's "patriotic", the worse it is corrupt and the chances of actual treason are higher. 

So I don't expect many honest politicians (there are exceptions who really are honest) but the urgent problem is that some politicians (and outright thieves disguised as politicians) - both in yours and in my country - look at putin's totalitarian kleptocracy and say: "Oh, yes, that would be great! I want to ruin my country too, just like putin ruined russia."   

There are lines that cannot ever be crossed. Not just because it's immoral, but because it's stupid. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Everything's bigger in America, so is corruption bigger in America... or is it only valid for Texas? :D 

Kidding. 

A corrupt politician is probably one of the most universal things in this world. You'd be surprised with local cuisine, but you wouldn't be surprised to hear local politicians are corrupt. The louder it claims it's "patriotic", the worse it is corrupt and the chances of actual treason are higher. 

So I don't expect many honest politicians (there are exceptions who really are honest) but the urgent problem is that some politicians (and outright thieves disguised as politicians) - both in yours and in my country - look at putin's totalitarian kleptocracy and say: "Oh, yes, that would be great! I want to ruin my country too, just like putin ruined russia."   

There are lines that cannot ever be crossed. Not just because it's immoral, but because it's stupid. 

Ah politics, you dress nice and get a nice haircut (don`t worry, the taxpayer will pay), then tell a load of people what they want to hear.

And your reward is you make millions, maybe even billions. Until the suckers turn on you as they realise you never deliver on anything LMAO.

Or maybe you fancy taking the `I am a God route`. Instead of wealth you go carve out a vast empire in your name. Don`t worry, people are stupid lemmings, they will throw away their lives just because you tell them too. See, you`re a God, never mind the millions that died, if they followed you like you`re a God then you are one LMAO.

Edited by Cookie Monster

31 minutes ago, Katniss said:

^What Mr. Spartan Max2 said. Let them move to Russia if they want to be Russian so baldy. It's ludicrous. They have no say over Ukrainian territory. If they don't like the Ukraine government, get out. Simple!

All these territories were historically part of Russia.

There is no steadfast rule that says that borders and national identity cannot change again, according to the will of the people.

Edited by Occult1

1 minute ago, Occult1 said:

There is no steadfast rule that says that borders and national identity cannot be changed again, according to the will of the people.

Ah, no, they were historically part of the Soviet Union.

https://www.history.com/news/what-countries-were-in-soviet-union

And that era is over. Ukraine deserves it's independence now.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

That's a lie.

Learn history so you don't have to repeat it... oh, too late for putler's russians... 

In short, you're lucky Ukraine is not asking for Kuban back. 

https://euromaidanpress.com/2017/08/27/unique-1919-1920-map-of-ukraine-exhibited-in-prague/

Map of Ukraine used at the Paris Peace Conference in 1919

7 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

There is no steadfast rule that says that borders and national identity cannot be changed again, according to the will of the people.

:lol: 

Ya really?  

Thanks for accidentally admitting that russia wants to change national identity of Ukrainians. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Ah, no, they were historically part of the Soviet Union.

https://www.history.com/news/what-countries-were-in-soviet-union

And that era is over. Ukraine deserves it's independence now.

''From the end of the 18th century until 1917 Southern Ukraine, as part of the Russian Empire, was known as New Russia.''

http://www.encyclopediaofukraine.com/display.asp?linkpath=pages\S\O\SouthernUkraine.htm

''1708: Russia Wins Control of Eastern Ukraine - During the Great Northern War, King Charles XII of Sweden detours into Ukraine as part of his ill-fated invasion of Russia and secures the support of the main Cossack leader at the time (though other Cossacks fight for Russia). The following year, Charles XII’s force is crushed at the Battle of Poltava, thereby cementing Russian control over the eastern half of Ukraine and, as Brain explains, marking the birth of the Russian empire.''

https://www.history.com/news/ukraine-timeline-invasions

Edited by Occult1

putler is doodling nervously as he lies about respecting Ukrainian people, language and culture. Now his zombies will be confused, because they're trained to hate Ukrainians and deny such nation exists. 

Liar, liar, T72 on fire. About to pop the turret.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

How many Politicians do you know that dont tell lies, Trump was above all this wasn't he , and Nixon was pure ,haha , all Politicians world wide are corrupt when it suits them .

Please note I'm a very sarcastic person :rolleyes:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

''From the end of the 18th century until 1917 Southern Ukraine, as part of the Russian Empire, was known as New Russia.''

http://www.encyclopediaofukraine.com/display.asp?linkpath=pages\S\O\SouthernUkraine.htm

''1708: Russia Wins Control of Eastern Ukraine - During the Great Northern War, King Charles XII of Sweden detours into Ukraine as part of his ill-fated invasion of Russia and secures the support of the main Cossack leader at the time (though other Cossacks fight for Russia). The following year, Charles XII’s force is crushed at the Battle of Poltava, thereby cementing Russian control over the eastern half of Ukraine and, as Brain explains, marking the birth of the Russian empire.''

russia even stole their name from Kyivan Rus.  

Your identity is derived from Ukrainian. Not the other way around. 

Ukraine US Embassy's twitter review of Kyiv and Moscow history... :  r/RussiaUkraineWar2022

• Like 6

Watch the video, it's short, perfect and no, there's no gore. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

None of that matters now. It's ancient history. Did you miss the part where I said - "And that era is over. Ukraine deserves it's independence now" ? And to add, they will have it, no matter what. Also, we all know this is not what this is specifically about from your point of view. This is about the U.S. helping the Ukrainians stopping a Hitler wannabe from taking what he wants, and you want the U.S. to stop supplying Ukraine with weapons and funding them. Much like Tucker Carlson and Marjorie Green. As in the U.S. should stay out of it. Correct?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

russia even stole their name from Kyivan Rus.  

Your identity is derived from Ukrainian. Not the other way around. 

Ukraine US Embassy's twitter review of Kyiv and Moscow history... :  r/RussiaUkraineWar2022

Wait what...I'm surprised Moscow isn't old and to think that it's one.of the oldest russian cities. Dang it my country is older, and plenty of cities are far older tham the country.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

There is no indications that a majority of the pre war population would support secession. It's is not up to you or me to decide what Ukraine should do.

I am against forcing a result by invasion. I think the better question why aren't you against that ? ?

Do you really think making occupied parts of another country counts as a your own is self-determination ?  

I actually support Elon Musk's proposition.

Of course you do. It's straight out of Russias playbook.

Let's redo the referendums under the U.N.'s watch.

Do you honestly think that Russia would agree to that ?

If they did they would have invited the UN, or another independent organisation, to the observe the referendum they held. They did no such thing.

Let the people living in those regions decide what is best for them.

When you say " people living in those regions" do you include the people who lived there before the war ?

If not, why don't they deserve a say in what happens to their homes ?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Video of Ukranian troops entering a recently liberated village.

Seems a lot of those people are rather happy to see the Ukranian soldiers considering Kherson oblast according to Russia voted with 87.05% of the people wanting to join Russia.  

• Like 8

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked