Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

7 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

We shouldn`t laugh about the North Koreans and how they see the US as its mortal enemy.

All it takes is a single 20KT warhead to end the North American continent. All he has to do is detonate it on one of the USs major nuclear power plants. Even worse, he could end the whole of life on Earth if he detonates it on one of the USs cobalt refineries.

Cookie Monster are you seriously saying a 20 Kiloton Nuclear Burst will end the North American Continent?

Because that nothing pure BS, yea it may destroy a city or a high altitude burst may create enough EMP to disable a small portion of the electrical grid. But the chances of a North Korean ICBM even reaching the US are very slim, I would be much concerned about a North Korean ICBM being fired at Australia especially since he has recently been shooting Missiles over Japan in your direction.:lol:

Learn to Duck and Cover Cookie Monster!:yes:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

1DCD1DBF-2045-435D-9917-222BB173F2F3.jpeg

Bit of a lardass, too.

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Speaking of the UK and nuclear weapons, are you ever going to provide any kind of evidence for those secret nuclear missiles that you claimed the UK have ?

If you won't I might begin to think that you made it up, but you would never do a dishonest thing like that would you ?

The UK has four ballistic missile subs, the HMS Resolution, Repulse, Renown and Revenge. It would take only one to nuke Russia back to the stone age.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/meet-britains-deadly-nuclear-missile-submarines-97757

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

So if someone shows up at your door, and says he's taking your house, and he's going to kill you, and your family for it, you'd hand him a weapon to expedite it? Good to know.

Yeah good work crafting that for what I said. It’s a masterpiece. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

The UK has four ballistic missile subs, the HMS Resolution, Repulse, Renown and Revenge. It would take only one to nuke Russia back to the stone age.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/meet-britains-deadly-nuclear-missile-submarines-97757

The thing is that Cookie Monster earlier claimed that the UK had secret missike silos, but never provided any evidence. So it was a callback to one of the many wild claims made by him. 

Btw the resolution class of missile submarines was replaced decades ago by the Vanguard class. HMS Vanguard, Victorious, Vigilant and Vengeance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

This is interesting:

Yeah, when I first saw reports of the Chechen leader pledging 70,000 troop to fight in Ukraine it was unclear which side they were going to be fighting for.

14 hours ago, acidhead said:

Advocating for more war over a ceasefire, peaceful dialogue and some sort of compromise is totally and unequivocally reckless behaviour by any individual who considers themself to be rationally looking at the situation logically.

I've come to feel the same way.  I said at the beginning that part of the blame here was the expansion of NATO BUT... once the Russians moved and the casualties began, it was very difficult not to be supportive of the Ukrainian people.  I began to rethink things once it became apparent that not only was the west not so subtly influencing Zelensky to hold out rather than negotiate, but when he began actually trying to complain and shame the west for not doing more.  

Now that things appear to have really gone badly for Putin's military and he has taken the pre-emptive step of claiming those four regions as now part of Russia, it is time, IMO for a ceasefire in place and for negotiations on the issue of the trustworthiness of the referenda as well as the charges of war crimes.  Reading Putin's speech was rather chilling to me.  He seems to have created a kind of grandiose view that this conflict has become a war against Russia by the combined might of the west based on the degeneracy of our culture.  He even refers to us collectively as being "Satanic"

I'll catch hell for this opinion here but true is true.  He's RIGHT about this final concern.  I don't believe that is his primary concern though, it's just for the consumption of his public.  He needs them on board for a Grand Crusade.  There are independent media sources pushing the idea that Russia is still going to prevail in this struggle.  They point to the mobilization of the 300K troops as though they'll turn the tide and I do not think that's possible.  Maybe he could win if he was willing to strip all of the rest of his military of experienced fighters and find some way to totally turn around his abysmal logistics system.  Even then, I think he'd struggle and my guess is that without that commitment, his next option is going to be a brutal barrage of artillery and missiles against civilian and government infrastructure in Kyiv, Odesa, and other major population centers.

If he turns off the lights, water, and heat in those cities, what will the next escalation of Ukraine's forces look like?  I don't believe he can be pushed into negotiating until he loses all support among his close advisers and oligarch buddies.  He may not be willing, even then, to back down.  Short of a backdoor deal that enables someone to assassinate him and raise someone else to the job... we may blindly stumble along until it suddenly gets too late, way too early. 

I feared some kind of conflict where he'd miscalculate and use his new doctrine of "escalate to de-escalate, as soon as I became aware of his decision to counter the overwhelming power of NATO by beginning to integrate low yield nukes into his conventional defenses.  Now, here we are.  Having a resident of the Oval Office who simply is NOT capable of handling this situation, makes all of this even MORE DANGEROUS.  The man needs to just be quiet.  He's telling a small crowd at some fundraiser that this situation is equivalent to the missile crisis.  He even used the term Armageddon.  That kind of rhetoric only empowers Putin.  Oh well.  My hope and prayer is that Putin, should he decide to "go there", will be stopped by cooler heads.  

IF he uses a small (1-5KT) device in an airburst over an area with a relatively high concentration of troops but not close to a NATO border or over a civilian area then NATO will be faced with one hell of a bad group of choices.  SMH...

• Like 2

Putin has staked his entire legacy on this war. If he could get an agreeable off ramp he would take it. Instead he’s having to double-down. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Yeah, if anyone is going to use the Ukrainian people as cannon fodder, it should be the west. Not Russia, 

Hi El

Funny thing is is that the Ukrainians are not cannon fodder now but would be if they were being supplied by Russia to invade their neighbours. They are fighting for their freedom and not the oppression of another nation 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Putin has staked his entire legacy on this war. If he could get an agreeable off ramp he would take it. Instead he’s having to double-down. 

Unfortunately, Putin dosen't consider anything other than Ukriane surrendering to be an off ramp.

Any peace deal that requires Ukraine to be "neutral" is just surrendering to become a vassal state of Russia.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

What Putin's off ramp might look like.

fark_WLMb6XuMCyLCfxftSmxS41VL8bc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Russian-backed forces claim gains near Bakhmut in east Ukraine

''Bakhmut (Ukraine) (AFP) – Russian forces said Friday they had captured ground in Donetsk in east Ukraine, their first claim of new gains after Kyiv grabbed momentum with a counter-offensive that rattled Russia's war effort.

The announcement came as Russia's Orthodox leader said President Vladimir Putin's rule had been divined by God, congratulating him on his 70th birthday and as the Nobel Committee awarded the Peace Prize to rights defenders in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.

Separatist forces in the war-battered Donetsk region said they had reclaimed a series of villages near the Ukraine-controlled industrial town of Bakhmut, which has been under Russian shelling for weeks.

"On the territory of the Donetsk People's Republic, a grouping of troops of the Donetsk and Lugansk republics, with fire support from Russian forces, liberated Otradovka, Veselaya Dolina and Zaitsevo," they said on social media.''

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20221007-russian-backed-forces-claim-gains-near-bakhmut-in-east-ukraine

Seems Russian forces are not ''collapsing'' after all.

Russia remains trapped in a game of NATO chess where only two ways out exist:

Defeat: They surrender to Ukraine and go home.

Nukes: They hit Ukraine hard and fast with tactical nuclear weapons.

The question is does Putin have it within himself to craft a third way out? I have been thinking about this and come up with the following strategy (which I hope he isn`t reading).

Step 1: Russia needs to create the fear it will use nuclear weapons on NATO.

Step 2: They sail some ships around to the Strait of Hormuz and block it. Not to all, just to oil and gas tankers headed to the EU. The aim is to cause massive inflation in the west.

Step 3: Detonate the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant while blaming the Ukrainians for shelling it. It needs to be done when the wind is blowing in the right direction. The fallout cloud would create a national emergency in Ukraine and much of Central Europe.

Step 4: Deny US and NATO access to the power plant to help deal with the disaster. Say peace needs to be agreed before hostile nations can be allowed in to help with it. In the meantime, let it burn until the wind changes direction.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Russian-backed forces claim gains near Bakhmut in east Ukraine

''Bakhmut (Ukraine) (AFP) – Russian forces said Friday they had captured ground in Donetsk in east Ukraine, their first claim of new gains after Kyiv grabbed momentum with a counter-offensive that rattled Russia's war effort.

The announcement came as Russia's Orthodox leader said President Vladimir Putin's rule had been divined by God, congratulating him on his 70th birthday and as the Nobel Committee awarded the Peace Prize to rights defenders in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.

Separatist forces in the war-battered Donetsk region said they had reclaimed a series of villages near the Ukraine-controlled industrial town of Bakhmut, which has been under Russian shelling for weeks.

"On the territory of the Donetsk People's Republic, a grouping of troops of the Donetsk and Lugansk republics, with fire support from Russian forces, liberated Otradovka, Veselaya Dolina and Zaitsevo," they said on social media.''

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20221007-russian-backed-forces-claim-gains-near-bakhmut-in-east-ukraine

Seems Russian forces are not ''collapsing'' after all.

Again you selectively pick propaganda from a site to make your faulty point. There's no proof at all to these separatists claims. The claim about Ukraines shooting, and killing civilians on a bus was pure projectionism. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Again you selectively pick propaganda from a site to make your faulty point. There's no proof at all to these separatists claims. The claim about Ukraines shooting, and killing civilians on a bus was pure projectionism. 

In the middle of the Russian line, they have indeed been making slow but steady gains.

It's their left and right flanks where the problem exists. The right flank can be put down to a surprise counter offensive catching them off guard. The left due to the bridges being out preventing resupply. We may be wrongly seeing Russian forces as weak, when it's an effective use of strategy from Ukraine.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

The Russian advance on Bakhmut in Donetsk has been reported by credible sources. It's not propaganda, it's a fact.

Vulnerable flee as Russians advance on Ukraine town

''Bakhmut (Ukraine) (AFP) – Russian forces are advancing on Bakhmut, threatening to take some of the shine off weeks of Ukrainian victories, as life becomes more desperate for the eastern town's hard-pressed residents. ''

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20221007-vulnerable-flee-as-russians-advance-on-ukraine-town

Edited by Occult1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

The Russian advance on Bakhmut in Donetsk has been reported all over mainstream media websites. It's not propaganda, it's a fact.

Vulnerable flee as Russians advance on Ukraine town

''Bakhmut (Ukraine) (AFP) – Russian forces are advancing on Bakhmut, threatening to take some of the shine off weeks of Ukrainian victories, as life becomes more desperate for the eastern town's hard-pressed residents. ''

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20221007-vulnerable-flee-as-russians-advance-on-ukraine-town

People here want Russia to lose badly, so they may have declared the war lost for Russia a bit too early.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Myles said:

The amount the USA has given is not nearly fair to what other countries have given.   If all was fair I would have no issues but it is not even close in any way we look at it.    

It depends on how you look at it, if in absolute amount of $, then yes, but if by percentage of GDP (data bit outdated, nevertheless) Estonia was a leader...

Another source, will see changes in next scheduled update on 11 Oct.

• Like 2

Things getting interesting

Huge fire erupts on bridge to Crimea days after US said Ukraine could retake region

0_Screenshot-2022-10-08-014453.jpg

(link)

Edit to add: vids from different locations

Edited by bmk1245
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

It looks structurally significant :lol: But I guess pedestrians can still use it :) Besides, the railway part is still there, as soon as the fire extinguishes itself it will be sort of passable. Not for trains, though.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked