Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

19 hours ago, joc said:

And why does Russia, attacking Ukraine suddenly after Biden wins the election...why does that not require deeper thought.  

Okay...one last question...did you live, were you alive...during the Cold War when Russia was known as USSR.  Were you alive then?

Actually yes I was born during URSS times, I was young when the wall fell, I didn't know what the wall was at the time, but I could understand enough that something huge was happening, I watched it though I didn't understand the scope of the event or it's background, but could understand well enough it was an historical event just like those I read in school history books. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, godnodog said:

Actually yes I was born during URSS times, I was young when the wall fell, I didn't know what the wall was at the time, but I could understand enough that something huge was happening, I watched it though I didn't understand the scope of the event or it's background, but could understand well enough it was an historical event just like those I read in school history books. 

Well I had just turned 4 when they started building the wall and I still vividly remember people making the mad dash to freedom with many paying with their lives. The wall was built to protect East Germany from Fascist.  East German authorities officially referred to the Berlin Wall as the Anti-Fascist Protection Rampart. Russia's invasion of Ukraine is using the same rhetoric to protect them from the Ukrainian Fascist.

Their playbook never changes.

• Like 5

Power shortage in the power system decreased to 20% – Ukrenergo

As of 11:00, electricity producers cover almost 80% of consumption needs, but it is gradually growing due to cooling.

Therefore, in all areas there are emergency or planned outages, depending on the deficit in certain regions, according to Ukrenergo.

(read more; in Ukrainian, translated)

Some predict another russky missile barrage on monday. I hope, all flying pieces will be shot down.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bmk1245 said:

(read more; in Ukrainian, translated)

Some predict another russky missile barrage on monday. I hope, all flying pieces will be shot down.

That news is actually very interesting to me.  The war started February 24 2022.  With the depleting electrical grid...what will winter bring to both Ukraine and the Russians who are actively killing, raping and slaughtering innocent civilians and destroying the infrastructure?  It is a thing.  Winter.  Winter without electricity.  What happens to Ukraine if the entire grid collapses?  

• Like 1

Ukraine nuclear boss says he sees signs Russia may leave occupied plant

KYIV, Nov 27 (Reuters) - The head of Ukraine's state-run nuclear energy firm said on Sunday there were signs that Russian forces might be preparing to leave the vast Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant which they seized in March soon after their invasion.

Such a move would be a major battlefield change in the partially-occupied southeastern Zaporizhzhia region where the front line has hardly shifted for months. Repeated shelling around the plant has spurred fears of a nuclear catastrophe.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraine-nuclear-boss-says-he-sees-signs-russia-may-leave-occupied-plant-2022-11-27/

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Ukraine nuclear boss says he sees signs Russia may leave occupied plant

KYIV, Nov 27 (Reuters) - The head of Ukraine's state-run nuclear energy firm said on Sunday there were signs that Russian forces might be preparing to leave the vast Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant which they seized in March soon after their invasion.

Such a move would be a major battlefield change in the partially-occupied southeastern Zaporizhzhia region where the front line has hardly shifted for months. Repeated shelling around the plant has spurred fears of a nuclear catastrophe.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraine-nuclear-boss-says-he-sees-signs-russia-may-leave-occupied-plant-2022-11-27/

Control of the nuclear plant should be handed over to the International Atomic Energy Agency and become a demilitarized zone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Control of the nuclear plant should be handed over to the International Atomic Energy Agency and become a demilitarized zone.

Boo hoo, say it to putler.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bmk1245 said:

Boo hoo, say it to putler.

That means neither Ukraine nor Russia gets it. Transferring control to a third-party means it should not longer be a conflict zone.

Edited by Occult1

53 minutes ago, joc said:

That news is actually very interesting to me.  The war started February 24 2022.  With the depleting electrical grid...what will winter bring to both Ukraine and the Russians who are actively killing, raping and slaughtering innocent civilians and destroying the infrastructure?  It is a thing.  Winter.  Winter without electricity.  What happens to Ukraine if the entire grid collapses?  

Just two point: Leningrad was in blackout for two years, Armenia was in blackout for one year.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

That means neither Ukraine nor Russia gets it. Transferring control to a third-party means it should not longer be a conflict zone.

What? It still would be conflict zone, just without russkys on the premises.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Agreed 

8 minutes ago, godnodog said:

Agreed 

Agreed with r*usskys? Heh, you should expect surprises.

Edited by bmk1245

2 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Agreed with ********s? Heh, you should expect surprises.

Yes, weird....

This is a nuclear powerplant, and the international nuclear agency has given multiple warnings about the plant, and even rejected multiple requests buy russia to have it recognised as russia property. 

My concern is about the safety of the installations.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, godnodog said:

[...]

My concern is about the safety of the installations.

Fair enough, though it won't hit Portugal. In any case, your'e safe.

What? It still would be conflict zone, just without russkys on the premises.

Neither sides will dare target the nuclear plant if the IAEA assumes control. It would greatly diminish the risks of a radiation disaster. Also if Russia pulls out, it becomes a demilitarized zone by default.

Edited by Occult1

3 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Neither sides will dare target the nuclear plant if the IAEA assumes control. It would greatly diminish the risks of a radiation disaster. Also if Russia pulls out, it becomes a demilitarized zone by default.

I played football (soccer) when cloud from Chernobyl flew over... Still alive. Period.

russkys should get the **** from said power plant. Period.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

I played football (soccer) when cloud from Chernobyl flew over... Still alive. Period.

Not everyone was as lucky as you were though.

russkys should get the **** from said power plant. Period.

It won't happen until they get some guarantees from the IAEA.

I also don't believe Russia is ''shelling itself''. Most likely both sides are trading blows and it's a disaster in the waiting.

Even if Ukraine takes back control of the plant, I don't see how that would stop.

Edited by Occult1

12 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Not everyone was as lucky as you were though.

It won't happen until they get some guarantees from the IAEA.

I also don't believe Russia is ''shelling itself''. Most likely both sides are trading blows and it's a disaster in the waiting.

Even if Ukraine takes back control of the plant, I don't see how that would stop.

Oh, dare...

Look, use thumb...

Scrap it, I wont even memtion how you should use pinkey

• Haha 2

Fair enough, though it won't hit Portugal. In any case, your'e safe.

It could be in China Argentina or my backyard, my position would be the same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

Just two point: Leningrad was in blackout for two years, 

Armenia was in blackout for one year.

In fairness, it was a different world in the 1940’s. Society wasn’t quite as dependent on electricity back than. Even so, the catastrophe in Leningrad, left over 2 million dead and hundreds resorted to cannibalism.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Russian-electricity-consumption-of-nonconventional-renewable-energy-resources-1860-2040_fig2_349713979

Im not entirely sure about Armenia, are your referring to the energy crisis of the 1990’s? People can undoubtedly survive without electricity. However, it’s going to be a difficult learning curve in a country already dealing with a military conflict. 

4 minutes ago, godnodog said:

It could be in China Argentina or my backyard, my position would be the same.

Fair enough, though not sure how far your backyard is...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

In fairness, it was a different world in the 1940’s. Society wasn’t quite as dependent on electricity back than. Even so, the catastrophe in Leningrad, left over 2 million dead and hundreds resorted to cannibalism.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Russian-electricity-consumption-of-nonconventional-renewable-energy-resources-1860-2040_fig2_349713979

Im not entirely sure about Armenia, are your referring to the energy crisis of the 1990’s? People can undoubtedly survive without electricity. However, it’s going to be a difficult learning curve in a country already dealing with a military conflict. 

OK, Leningrad example was over, extreme example. Armenia survived, Lithuania survived (I'm alive) energy blackouts (fun to see single car in hour).

Lukashenko says US holds Ukraine back from negotiations so as to crush Russia

''Aleksandr Lukashenko, the self-proclaimed President of Belarus, believes that the United States opposes negotiations between Ukraine and Russia "in order to trample on the Russian Federation and get closer to China."

Source: TASS, Kremlin-aligned news agency, citing Lukashenko on the Russia-1 TV station

Details: As Lukashenko stated, the US is not allowing the leadership of Ukraine to start negotiations with Russia.''

https://news.yahoo.com/lukashenko-says-us-holds-ukraine-134911405.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• The topic was locked