Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

7 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Brave ship to venture into those waters...  I thought it was mainly subs doing the work these days.

Hi Al

Yes and if this one sunk due to smoking it would be a huge embarrassment for Russia.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Russia warns U.S. that its deeper involvement in Ukraine brings growing risks

(Reuters) - Russia is trying to make the United States understand that Washington's increasing involvement in the Ukraine conflict carries growing risks, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said on Tuesday, according to Russian news agencies.

Moscow has repeatedly complained that Western military support for Ukraine is dragging out the conflict, now in its 10th month, while risking a possible direct confrontation between Russia and the West.

"We are sending signals to the Americans that their line of escalation and ever deeper involvement in this conflict is fraught with dire consequences. The risks are growing," the Interfax news agency quoted Ryabkov as saying.''

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-warns-us-that-its-deeper-involvement-in-ukraine-brings-growing-risks/ar-AA14GZWM

That means russkys are in full blown diarrhea.

Ukraine needs more weapons so russkys shaite themselvs to the far east borders.

• Like 4

The reports of a Russian warship entering the black sea armed with cruise missiles has been interesting.  Havent found any articles that state which ship or ships have actually entered the black sea.

What is known is that Turkey is enforcing the Montreux treaty so only Russian warships based in the Black sea can enter from the Mediterranean sea, Turkey has already blocked Russian warships from the Pacific fleet from entering the Black Sea.

The Black Sea fleet does have a few ships that have/were in the Mediterranean before/during the invasion so one of them returning is probably what happened.  As for the ships of the Black sea fleet that can fire cruise missiles, there are 2 Krivak guided missile frigates, 3 Admiral Grigorovich guided missile frigates, 6 guided missile corvettes of various models, a missile corvette, 4 Tarantul missile boats, and 7 Kilo class submarines.

It seems the Tarantul carries the most at potentially being armed with 16 Kh-35 cruise missiles.  Not factoring in the submarines the other large surface ships generally carry either 4 or 8 cruise missiles.  Ultimately not that many new cruise missiles entered the Black sea.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 5

Starting to hear some stories that Ukraine is working on creating a new demining tool.  Essentially it looks like a pencil and it seems to get stabbed into the mine, artillery shell, or whatever is being used.  Once stabbed in a chemical reaction is started in the metal tube that starts to burn away the explosive material.

For those who dont know most explosive materials are surprisingly stable and under normal burning conditions will not explode, instead normally needing a massive impact/spike in pressure to explode.  For example most detonators work by causing a small explosion, from compounds that are sensitive to heat, to fire something into the main explosive at something like mach 5 velocities.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Trelane said:

Vladdy is employing something far more effective than his bullet sponges, errr I mean conscripts.

"Putin's 'Flying Kalashnikov' wipes out Ukraine weapons dump; Fireball destruction stuns Zelensky"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/watch/putin-s-flying-kalashnikov-wipes-out-ukraine-weapons-dump-fireball-destruction-stuns-zelensky/vi-AA14DGU8?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=a7f3a26ac9964717821f5a3758fc7340&category=foryou

"The KUB-BLA loitering munition is made by a Kalashnikov subsidiary, the ZALA Aero. A KUB-BLA drone suicide drone flew straight into Ukraine Armed Forces' weapons dump. Huge fireball - Ukraine weapons dump destroyed on the Kremennaya-Svatovo-Kupyansk front. The drone carries a 3KG warhead, can operate for 30 minutes & accelerate to 130 KM/H."

For anyone keeping tabs, this is one post that Occult hasn't disputed as being fact checked or accurate. Hmmm I wonder why? 

This should highlight his hypocritical responses to posts. Only if the posts toot Vladdy's horn (no thanks lol) or cast a bad light on the Ukraine or US does he not respond. Thanks Occult, you've proved my point.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

For 1 minute and 20 seconds that psychopath cow is praising russian kindness (!) and politeness (!!) and then comes the hilarious part:

"If we manage to lose, they will even come for the streetcleaner who sweeps the cobblestones behind Kremlin" (to take him to the International Court in Hague)

:D I think the fitting contemporary expression is: The dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed.     

• Like 2

Russia firing unarmed missiles to deplete Ukraine air defense, says U.S. military official

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Russia is firing unarmed cruise missiles that were designed to carry nuclear warheads at targets in Ukraine to try to deplete Kyiv's stocks of air defenses, a senior U.S. military official said on Tuesday.

The official, who declined to be named, was asked about a Nov. 26 assessment by Britain's military intelligence which said that Russia was "likely" removing nuclear warheads from cruise missiles and firing the unarmed munitions into Ukraine.

That intelligence update cited open source imagery showing wreckage of an air-launched cruise missile fired at Ukraine that seemed to have been designed in the 1980s as a nuclear delivery system.''

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-firing-unarmed-missiles-to-deplete-ukraine-air-defense-says-us-military-official/ar-AA14HTXV

The expected russian massive missile attack didn't happen today. (Most likely because it was expected - russians think they can catch Ukraine unprepared for the attack. lol. morons.)

It would be nice if Patriots would arrive before it does happen again.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Russia warns U.S. that its deeper involvement in Ukraine brings growing risks

(Reuters) - Russia is trying to make the United States understand that Washington's increasing involvement in the Ukraine conflict carries growing risks, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said on Tuesday, according to Russian news agencies.

Moscow has repeatedly complained that Western military support for Ukraine is dragging out the conflict, now in its 10th month, while risking a possible direct confrontation between Russia and the West.

"We are sending signals to the Americans that their line of escalation and ever deeper involvement in this conflict is fraught with dire consequences. The risks are growing," the Interfax news agency quoted Ryabkov as saying.''

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-warns-us-that-its-deeper-involvement-in-ukraine-brings-growing-risks/ar-AA14GZWM

What I am seeing is that Russia is scared.

• Like 3

lol. A former convict testifies he was in the same prison with prigozhin (owner of wagner) and that prigozhin was... how to put that politely... on the bottom. 

:lol: 

I can't post that video because it contains very colorful language and graphic descriptions, but it's on Dmitry's channel, if you're curious. 

It seems putin has started to get rid of prigozhin. Not even a fall of Bakhmut would help him now and Bakhmut holds.  

Something interesting else Dmitri has today: "We are rotting in the ground." says an orc. No supplies, nothing to loot and "our artillery are idiots." Just to make it clear once again what exactly is it, that pro-russians admire and support. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

What I am seeing is that Russia is scared.

I think anyone in his right mind should be scared of a direct clash between Russia and the U.S and where it might lead to. The deeper the U.S/NATO enmesh itself into the Ukrainian conflict, the higher the risks.

Edited by Occult1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

It would be nice if Patriots would arrive before it does happen again.  

You can't set up the Patriot battery systems in a few days. It requires maintenance and extensive training to operate. It's pretty advanced stuffs. So it's unlikely to help Ukraine in the short term. 

Edited by Occult1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

I think anyone in his right mind should be scared of a direct clash between Russia and the U.S and where it might lead to.

Why? No use being scared of something you can't even control.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

You can't set up the Patriot battery systems in a few days. It requires maintenance and extensive training to operate. It's pretty advanced stuffs. So it's unlikely to help Ukraine in the short term. 

What is the training, setup and deployment time of that weapons platform? I'll wait. Please be diligent though, because I work in the same section as an ADA Fires Chief who will refute any more of your nonsense. To clarify, what is the basic train up time, not the entire AIT program POI and what would the actual employment time take? I know you'll likely fall back on stuff from Quora or Reddit though. It is funny as you said the same thing about the HIMARS months ago. 

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

What is the training, setup and deployment time of that weapons platform? I'll wait. Please be diligent though, because I work in the same section as an ADA Fires Chief who will refute any more of your nonsense. To clarify, what is the basic train up time, not the entire AIT program POI and what would the actual employment time take? I know you'll likely fall back on stuff from Quora or Reddit though. It is funny as you said the same thing about the HIMARS months ago. 

I'm not an expert. I just go by what the Pentagon's top spokeperson said:             

''We have no plans to provide Patriot batteries to Ukraine," U.S. Air Force Brig. Gen. Patrick Ryder, the Pentagon's top spokesperson, clarified at a subsequent press briefing. "But again, we'll continue to have those discussions, and when and if there's something to announce on that front, we will."

"When it comes to certain capabilities, like Patriot missiles ... you're talking about a pretty significant maintenance and sustainment tail, as well as a training tail on those things. So then none of these systems are 'plug and play.' You can't just show up on the battlefield and start using them," Ryder added. "So those are the kinds of things that are taken into account when it comes to more advanced systems."                                                 https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/sending-patriots-to-ukraine-being-actively-considered-by-u-s-nato

Edited by Occult1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Why? No use being scared of something you can't even control.

I disagree. I think that the U.S./NATO can control what it's doing in Ukraine.

31 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

I'm not an expert. I just go by what the Pentagon's top spokeperson said:             

''We have no plans to provide Patriot batteries to Ukraine," U.S. Air Force Brig. Gen. Patrick Ryder, the Pentagon's top spokesperson, clarified at a subsequent press briefing. "But again, we'll continue to have those discussions, and when and if there's something to announce on that front, we will."

"When it comes to certain capabilities, like Patriot missiles ... you're talking about a pretty significant maintenance and sustainment tail, as well as a training tail on those things. So then none of these systems are 'plug and play.' You can't just show up on the battlefield and start using them," Ryder added. "So those are the kinds of things that are taken into account when it comes to more advanced systems."                                                 https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/sending-patriots-to-ukraine-being-actively-considered-by-u-s-nato

Hi Occult

When the Ukrainian soldiers were and still are taking training from NATO countries they were likely given familiarization of the Patriot systems even if they were not going to be furnished at that time. I would think many aspects would be similar to the systems that they are using in combat now so any specific training for them would likely be short term. Once the systems are in the Ukraine I doubt that setup time will be much of an issue.

Edited by jmccr8
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

I disagree. I think that the U.S./NATO can control what it's doing in Ukraine.

Hi Occult

The problem is Russia and not the Ukraine who is fighting for their whole country and continued independence. Both the US and NATO have exercised restraint by not sending their long range missiles or direct participation even though Russia has gone full criminal in its campaign. It’s bad and yet the rest of the world can see that no matter what Russia throws at the Ukraine the west steps in and counter balances. Russia attacks power grid generators and equipment comes in to sustain and repair lives and services.

In a sense the hands of the west are limited by ethical/moral responsibility to both NATO and the Ukraine for the time being to not send some types of weapons and that can change depending on how Russian proceeds.

I saw an article in your link where Putin is asking India to supply 500 different types of products and materials for everything from their automotive industry as well as aeroplane parts because sanctions are hitting Russia where it hurts.

I doubt if India will fill that need because that would put them it the international spotlight as everything Putin is asking for is sanctioned.

• Like 3

On 11/29/2022 at 6:22 AM, Occult1 said:

Probably because most 'sane' people in the West don't want WW3.

Russia's nukes don't work.  That is why they're reduced to threatening to use dirty bombs and shelling nuclear plants.  WW3 is not likely at all.  It's a "crazy Ivan" bluff and you're falling for it.  Let cooler heads prevail.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 11/29/2022 at 10:55 AM, Occult1 said:

Russia has 'conquered' 20% of Ukraine (which is still a lot) and have adjusted their tactics based on our level of support. Without having achieved complete air superiority, they are still bypassing the Ukrainian air defenses and collapsing their entire power grid. I don't see exactly how are we 'winning' this war against Russia.

Russia has "conquered" nothing.  That implies victory.  The Russians have just illegally occupied some parts of Ukraine.  More importantly they're losing their grip on what they've taken, and soon they'll lose the whole war. 

As to the Ukranian air defenses, the Russians have been forced to saturate the Ukranian defenses with missiles, and the electrical plant gear they are destroying cost a lot less than the missiles the Russians are using.  Europe has already sent everything Ukraine will need to replace its electrical grid.  It's just a matter of putting it in place.  I hope they dig it in this time.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Occult

When the Ukrainian soldiers were and still are taking training from NATO countries they were likely given familiarization of the Patriot systems even if they were not going to be furnished at that time. I would think many aspects would be similar to the systems that they are using in combat now so any specific training for them would likely be short term. Once the systems are in the Ukraine I doubt that setup time will be much of an issue.

If it were that easy, the Patriot missile systems would already be in Ukraine.  It took 3 weeks to train Ukrainian servicemen to use the HIMARS + two weeks of maintenance before they could be deployed.

As Joint Chiefs Chairman General Mark Milley said back in June:

"It would do no good just to throw these weapon systems into the battle. You've got to be trained on it in order to get the maximum use of the weapons."

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20220609-ukraine-forces-need-deliberate-training-on-new-rocket-system-us

I was responding to Helen's claim that the Patriot missile defense system could be 'ready to use' before the next Russian wave of strikes. That's simply unrealistic.

Edited by Occult1

• The topic was locked