Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

Starlink prices in Ukraine nearly double as mobile networks falter

''The list prices of Starlink communications devices have nearly doubled in Ukraine, as mobile networks have started failing under Russia’s assault on the country’s electricity grid and increased demand for the SpaceX-manufactured satellite communication device.

Starlink terminals, which are made by Elon Musk-owned SpaceX, will increase in price to $700 for new Ukrainian consumers, according to the company’s website. This represents a rise from about $385 earlier this year, screenshots of past pricing data shared by users inside the country show.

The consumer cost of the monthly subscription to Starlink has fluctuated recently, dropping from about $100 to $60 on Ukraine’s Independence day on August 24 to “reflect local market conditions”, and will now rise to $75.

https://www.ft.com/content/f69b75cf-c36a-4ab3-9eb7-ad0aa00d230c

2 hours ago, Occult1 said:
4 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

If it were that easy, the Patriot missile systems would already be in Ukraine.  It took 3 weeks to train Ukrainian servicemen to use the HIMARS + two weeks of maintenance before they could be deployed.

Hi Occult

Why do you think they would already be there? The US discussed the use of long range missiles a couple of months back to appease Russia’s fear and threatening with nukes or other perverse actions.

Why would NATO, US or the Ukraine what the Ukrainian force had been trained on. So there may not be much time spent on last minute training as there are always new batches of Ukrainian military personnel being trained by the West. Wouldn’t surprise me if since the US not agreed to send long range missiles that they have been actively training the Ukrainians on operations and maintenance as far as I know that wasn’t part of the agreement.

It could be as quick as drop and load and not waiting for trained personnel.

Edited by jmccr8
  • Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 8:54 AM, bmk1245 said:

NATO delivered MRLS capable to turn, say, Belgorod into the pile of rubble.

There were restrictions placed on Ukraine's use of the Himars and if they begin using them to strike inside Russia it will open the door for escalation.  No one here has proof of any kind that would refute that point but many are willing to "roll the dice" with their hunches.  Doing that where a potential nuclear weapon use could be the result is MADNESS.  The choices can't be reduced to any certainty of what a cornered Putin and his oligarchs may be capable of.  I think the likelihood of him using a nuke is quite small but it is not nonexistent.  

At this point in the conflict he will either double down, expand the mobilization and risk rebellion at home or he will try negotiation.  He has already sent signals that he'd like to end the war.  Ukraine simply cannot defeat a Russian military that will behave even against their own needs.  Meanwhile, the RINOS and the Left in DC are in full panic mode concerning the coming demand that an IG be appointed to audit where the 70+ billion has gone since February 24.

22 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

C'mon, not that again.

Nope, I'm serious.  They won't work.  Moscow knows it too.  Why threaten to use a dirty bomb if they have real reliable nukes?  Answer:  They don't have working nukes, just a few dirty bombs.  Look at the state of maintenance of Russian equipment.  It's non-existent.  The conclusion is obvious.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Russia firing unarmed missiles to deplete Ukraine air defense, says U.S. military official

Well that's just stupid.  Can the Russians not afford to attach live munitions now?  They don't know which missiles will be intercepted and which will  get thru, so it seems a bit dumb not to arm all of them, given that its the guidance chips that the Russians can't replace, not the explosives.  I seriously hope this story proves to be true.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Nope, I'm serious.  They won't work.  Moscow knows it too.  

Then I guess we can set up a no-fly zone in Ukraine in addition to getting NATO boots on the ground in Ukraine. While we're at it we can start providing them other "escalatory" resources, too.

Oh, wait. They haven't, and they won't.

I wonder why. Goodwill gestures to Russia? Nah. You and I both know that Russia would be flattened by now if they didn't have working nukes.

Why threaten to use a dirty bomb if they have real reliable nukes? 

Your guess is as good as mine. I don't know that I would agree with the following on that basis, though:

"They don't have working nukes, just a few dirty bombs."

Look at the state of maintenance of Russian equipment.  It's non-existent.  The conclusion is obvious.

If we're going to assume that all of those billions invested yearly in nuclear weapons development have resulted in a total of zero working nukes, then sure.

Still doesn't address why Biden postponed Minuteman 3 for so long during the start of the crisis, though. In fact, he made it quite clear that he was doing so to avoid "escalation and miscalculation".

Are you messing with me, dude? :huh: :lol:

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

Nope, I'm serious.  They won't work.  Moscow knows it too.  Why threaten to use a dirty bomb if they have real reliable nukes?  Answer:  They don't have working nukes, just a few dirty bombs.  Look at the state of maintenance of Russian equipment.  It's non-existent.  The conclusion is obvious.

Correct me if I am wrong, I don’t believe Russia ever threatened to use a dirty bomb.

Russia claimed that Ukraine has a dirty bomb, and the overwhelming conclusion was that Russia would use a false flag operation with a dirty bomb to justify… Whatever.

You may be right that Russias nuclear arsenal won’t work, but I don’t think anyone knows that for certain outside of Russia, and that’s the kind of thing intelligence agencies would prioritise.  My guess would be that it is still a viable threat.  Further the failure of Russia’s nuclear arsenal would be significant, as large amounts of weapons grade nuclear material would be at risk of exploitation.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

Now come on, its missiles obviously work (it`s been using them) and one thing that NATO doesn`t deny is that Russia is the leading nuclear power.

Against its current stockpile NATO only predicts being able to knock out 60% of them and a major concern is Russia starting the mass production of Satan-2 for which the percentage would be much lower.

No one wins in a nuclear war, and Russia has several times what it needs to leave NATO with a million citizens left (if its lucky).

3 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

They use a big chunk pf their budget for nuclear deterrent. I don't think their nukes don't work. It's the only thing stopping NATO from removing putler from power.

16 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Russia firing unarmed missiles to deplete Ukraine air defense, says U.S. military official

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Russia is firing unarmed cruise missiles that were designed to carry nuclear warheads at targets in Ukraine to try to deplete Kyiv's stocks of air defenses, a senior U.S. military official said on Tuesday.

The official, who declined to be named, was asked about a Nov. 26 assessment by Britain's military intelligence which said that Russia was "likely" removing nuclear warheads from cruise missiles and firing the unarmed munitions into Ukraine.

That intelligence update cited open source imagery showing wreckage of an air-launched cruise missile fired at Ukraine that seemed to have been designed in the 1980s as a nuclear delivery system.''

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-firing-unarmed-missiles-to-deplete-ukraine-air-defense-says-us-military-official/ar-AA14HTXV

or in another words Russia is depleting their more expensive missiles to try to deplete less expensive Ukr missiles

2 hours ago, acidhead said:

Holy Mother of Jesus    

"More than 100, 000 Ukrainian military officers have been killed"

1669802162488.thumb.jpg.4ce4b1185eb20cd782d180468536f3e8.jpg

yes, unfortunately I do believe these numbers, but I suspect that a considerable % them were in the first months of the conflict, in other words Ukr losses were significantly higher than Russias losses, and with time the opposite happened.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, godnodog said:

yes, unfortunately I do believe these numbers, but I suspect that a considerable % them were in the first months of the conflict, in other words Ukr losses were significantly higher than Russias losses, and with time the opposite happened.

Apparently she made a mistake and those numbers include injured soldiers. They reckon if you include injuries russia lost 120k. Someone done a bit of fishing and found the russian MoD payed out to over 120k families.

That was the other month. I'm skeptical about how many Russians died according to Ukraine claims but I think the numbers are too far off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Occult1 said:

I'm not an expert. I just go by what the Pentagon's top spokeperson said:             

''We have no plans to provide Patriot batteries to Ukraine," U.S. Air Force Brig. Gen. Patrick Ryder, the Pentagon's top spokesperson, clarified at a subsequent press briefing. "But again, we'll continue to have those discussions, and when and if there's something to announce on that front, we will."

"When it comes to certain capabilities, like Patriot missiles ... you're talking about a pretty significant maintenance and sustainment tail, as well as a training tail on those things. So then none of these systems are 'plug and play.' You can't just show up on the battlefield and start using them," Ryder added. "So those are the kinds of things that are taken into account when it comes to more advanced systems."                                                 https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/sending-patriots-to-ukraine-being-actively-considered-by-u-s-nato

Unfortunately, folks assigned to the high levels in the Pentagon may not know what expedited and curtailed training cycles look like. They focus on "X's and O's" at the strategic level but do not understand the "Johhny's and Joe's" troop-level train cycles. As I noted, the HIMARs train up and deployment was an expedited process. This will also be applied to the Patriot systems. 

Nice deferment though. I again see that you take items at face value when they only fit your narrative or posting agenda. If other posters put something up, you disagree with you start honking about "verified sources" and such. Don't be so lazy. I should expect as much since you favor the Russian side of this travesty.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

That is just you HOPING they do not work.  Chances are that most of them do work and are in working order.  

Ukraine seeks more NATO aid amid ‘difficult’ front-line situation

President Volodymyr Zelenskyy says Ukrainian forces are facing a “difficult” situation as they defend against attempted Russian advances in several regions, while NATO members promised more weapons to the war-hit country and equipment to help restore electricity infrastructure damaged by Russian attacks.

Ukraine’s General Staff said on Wednesday its forces had repelled six Russian attacks in the past 24 hours in the eastern Donbas region, while Russian artillery had relentlessly shelled the right bank of the Dnieper River and Kherson city further south.

[...]

Separately, Zelenskyy said the Russian military was also attacking Luhansk, in the east, and Kharkiv, in the northeast, the latter an area Ukraine recaptured in September.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/11/30/ukraine-seeks-more-nato-aid-amid-difficult-front-line-situation

Seems like we are about to see a major Russian breakthrough in Donbas or southern Ukraine.

Edited by Occult1

Russia's Lavrov: military confrontation between nuclear powers must be avoided

''(Reuters) - Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Wednesday it was vital to avoid any kind of military confrontation between nuclear powers, even if it only involved conventional weapons, the TASS news agency reported.

Lavrov also said the West was pushing Ukraine to continue fighting against Russia.

"It is necessary to avoid any military clash between nuclear powers, even with the use of conventional weapons. The escalation may become uncontrollable," TASS quoted Lavrov as saying.''

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russias-lavrov-military-confrontation-between-nuclear-powers-must-be-avoided/ar-AA14Kfq2

4 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Seems like we are about to see a major Russian breakthrough in Donbas or southern Ukraine.

How exactly is this prediction different then all your other wrong predictions and outright blatantly false statements.

If I remember correctly you claimed Russia would never allow Ukraine to recapture territory it annexed without Russia resorting to using nuclear weapons.  Russia annexed Kherson and now Ukraine has liberated the city and Russia has done nothing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Russia should use advanced weapons in Ukraine, Shoigu says

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia's defence minister said on Wednesday that the armed forces should use new advanced weapons systems in the conflict in Ukraine.

"It is necessary to continue the modernisation and creation of promising systems with their subsequent use during the special military operation," Sergei Shoigu said at a defence ministry meeting of senior generals.

Shoigu, one of President Vladimir Putin's closest allies, did not specify which advanced weapons should be used, though he said he wanted to discuss with the generals new ways of improving artillery and missile attacks.

"New ways of using them in combat are being tested," Shoigu said, without giving specifics.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-should-use-advanced-weapons-in-ukraine-shoigu-says/ar-AA14K5Qh

Just now, DarkHunter said:

How exactly is this prediction different then all your other wrong predictions and outright blatantly false statements.

If I remember correctly you claimed Russia would never allow Ukraine to recapture territory it annexed without Russia resorting to using nuclear weapons.  Russia annexed Kherson and now Ukraine has liberated the city and Russia has done nothing.

The Ukrainian counteroffensive is over. Seems like Russia is retaking the initiative in several regions.

6 hours ago, acidhead said:

Holy Mother of Jesus    

"More than 100, 000 Ukrainian military officers have been killed"

1669802162488.thumb.jpg.4ce4b1185eb20cd782d180468536f3e8.jpg

Clarification was issued (I'll find the link later if you need one) that it is estimated 100,000 incapacitated for the service, not killed. It means the number consists of killed and seriously wounded. 

It also means Ukrainian losses are still lower than russian. Which is expected, the attacking side usually has few times higher body count than the side that defends. Unless... etc... not to deliver a chair-born rant. 

And you won't see the real numbers until the end of war, naturally. 

edit to add: as @ThereWeAreThen already explained. How are you, ****? :D Wait... ****? :lol: You're no ****! You've got to change your screen name, you are definitely not a **** and I've got a habit of addressing people by acronyms. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

The Ukrainian counteroffensive is over. Seems like Russia is retaking the initiative in several regions.

Russia has been doing daily assaults around Bakhmut for months with no real progress and what little progress they make generally gets lost a week or two later.

On the Svatove to Kremmina front the Ukranian military is making slow but steady progress, the mud has slowed down the Ukranian military but the Russian military haa been throwing massive amounts of conscripts to plug holes at very high casualty levels which just isnt sustainable for Russia.

In the south the Ukranian military is building up forces for a massive counter attack that will split the Russian military in two, it seems Ukraine is just waiting for the ground to freeze first.

Where exactly has Russia taken the initiative

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Regarding Patriots, Germany will send theirs to Poland, Poland said they want them to be given to Ukraine, Germany asked NATO, NATO said it's Germany's business, Germany still has fear of ending up being the bad guys, so they remain at their decision to send Patriots to Poland (since that way it's internal NATO business) and Poland is out of ****s to give :D so they'll transfer their Patriots to Ukraine. (Or accidentally forget they parked them in the woods near the border, like it happens... let the one who has never forgot where they parked 200 tanks cast the first grenade or something :D )    

• Thanks 1

• The topic was locked