Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

An example of German military aid for Ukraine (so they don't end up overcriticised again, this time because of Patriots).

Also an example of a modern and sophisticated weapon systems, for which guys in the field say is not hard to learn to use. In ideal situation, it probably takes couple of months, but the war is not an ideal situation so it can be done in couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

Just adding in for those that dont know the M270 (including all A, B, and I think its D variants), HIMARS, and MARS II are all essentially the same weapon system.

HIMARS is a wheeled chassis instead of tracked and only has one rocket pod instead of two.  The M270 and MARS II main differences is that the MARS II uses a chassis and parts made in Germany, France, and Italy instead of American parts.  Also the MARS II uses the European Fire Control System which disables the use of rockets that use cluster munitions since the EU nations banned the use of cluster munitions.

• Like 3

No wounded pets in the video, it's safe to watch. Only the last one, cat Phoenix, was visibly hurt in the explosion, but he fully recovered!

(You'll still feel like crying if you're a normal person.)

• Like 2

Girkin, responsible for downing of Malaysia Airlines plane, is still alive. Or was alive at the time the photo was taken.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Where exactly has Russia taken the initiative

Donetsk, Luhansk, Kharkiv and Zelensky claims Russia is 'planning something in the south'. Kherson remains under constant 24/7 shelling.

He's sounding the alarm:

"The situation at the front is difficult," he warned. "Despite extremely big Russian losses, the occupiers are still trying to advance in the Donetsk region, gain a foothold in the Luhansk region, move in the Kharkiv region, they are planning something in the south."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/zelenskyy-warns-russia-is-planning-something-in-south-while-upping-aggression-in-northern-ukraine/ar-AA14KaWL

25 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Donetsk, Luhansk, Kharkiv and Zelensky claims Russia is 'planning something in the south'. Kherson remains under constant 24/7 shelling.

He's sounding the alarm:

"The situation at the front is difficult," he warned. "Despite extremely big Russian losses, the occupiers are still trying to advance in the Donetsk region, gain a foothold in the Luhansk region, move in the Kharkiv region, they are planning something in the south."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/zelenskyy-warns-russia-is-planning-something-in-south-while-upping-aggression-in-northern-ukraine/ar-AA14KaWL

So you have nothing backing your statement, you do realize Bakhmut is in Donetsk oblast and that is where he is talking about Russia trying to advance and have been failing for months.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

So you have nothing backing your statement, you do realize Bakhmut is in Donetsk oblast and that is where he is talking about Russia trying to advance and have been failing for months.

They are also advancing in the Avdiyivka direction in Donetsk.

This isn't even disputed by Pro-Ukrainian sources.

Enemy troops advancing in Bakhmut and Avdiyivka directions – General Staff

https://ukranews.com/en/news/898513-enemy-troops-advancing-in-bakhmut-and-avdiyivka-directions-general-staff

Edited by Occult1

There was a zoo park in Yampil, near Lyman. russians ate bison, deer and ostriches. Camel and wolves died of starvation. 

I won't post the link to the heart-breaking video. 

Ukrainian farms in which cattle died of starvation are countless. 

I can understand stealing a cow, but I will never understand what's inside a head of an orc that calmly lets cattle in a farm or dogs in a shelter die of thirst and starvation. ****ing disgusting piece of **** orcs could have at least let the animals out, give them at least a chance of survival.   

When you meet a russian apologist, ask them what they think about killing animals by starvation, which is what russian orcs practice in Ukraine.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Clarification was issued (I'll find the link later if you need one) that it is estimated 100,000 incapacitated for the service, not killed. It means the number consists of killed and seriously wounded. 

It also means Ukrainian losses are still lower than russian. Which is expected, the attacking side usually has few times higher body count than the side that defends. Unless... etc... not to deliver a chair-born rant. 

And you won't see the real numbers until the end of war, naturally. 

edit to add: as @ThereWeAreThen already explained. How are you, ****? :D Wait... ****? :lol: You're no ****! You've got to change your screen name, you are definitely not a **** and I've got a habit of addressing people by acronyms. 

Haha its one of the reasons why i picked the name :D ive been better tbh. Not been on this site as much as i used to, been a pretty rough year.

Hope you've been OK!

Back on topic, got a feeling Ukraine going to launch another offensive in the south. Been talks of build up on the Zaporizhzhia front.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

https://ukranews.com/en/news/898513-enemy-troops-advancing-in-bakhmut-and-avdiyivka-directions-general-staff

It's back and forth. There's been times where russia looked like they were going to take Bakhmut but Ukraine pushed them back on several occasions.

Not sure if people have seen the Bakhmut front, but it's reminiscent of WW1. Truly shocking.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

So the only place the Russians are doing offensive operations is around Bakhmut which they have been doing for months.

Just doing limited offensive operations around a single large town/small city, which they have been doing for months and failing at none the less, is drastically different then the Russian military has regained the initiative in multiple areas like you were claiming.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

It's back and forth. There's been times where russia looked like they were going to take Bakhmut but Ukraine pushed them back on several occasions.

I don't know for how long. Russia have been redeploying some troops from Kherson to reinforce their offensive in Bakhmut. More Russian conscripts are also coming in support.

Edited by Occult1

5 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Haha its one of the reasons why i picked the name :D ive been better tbh. Not been on this site as much as i used to, been a pretty rough year.

Hope you've been OK!

Back on topic, got a feeling Ukraine going to launch another offensive in the south. Been talks of build up on the Zaporizhzhia front.

I'm OK, thank you :) Anger gives me energy :D  And you will be better. Things do get better. Always. So they can crash and burn again :D So don't worry, it's all going to get better before it goes to hell again. 

Yes, I've noticed there are possible movements in Zaporizhzhia direction, that orcs are panicking and that things are happening with NPP. So I believe you might be right.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

I don't know for how long. Russia have been redeploying some troops from Kherson to reinforce their offensive in Bakhmut. More Russian conscripts are also likely coming.

Conscripts and convicts thrown at Bakhmut are dropping like flies. But the soviet doctrine in which battles are won by piling up own corpses didn't work back in WWII and it especially doesn't work today. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Nope, I'm serious.  They won't work.  Moscow knows it too.  Why threaten to use a dirty bomb if they have real reliable nukes?  Answer:  They don't have working nukes, just a few dirty bombs.  Look at the state of maintenance of Russian equipment.  It's non-existent.  The conclusion is obvious.

Well you might be close to being right about that. As you can see here, opinions vary. I think they probably do have a few working nukes, but very few, and the question should be, but are they ever going to use their last few remaining working nukes to keep a part of Ukraine? I say a big fat "NO". That's like using your last few remaining bullets carelessly, when you might need them in the future to make your last stand in defense of your own territory being attacked or invaded. Regardless, whether they have working nukes or not, it's obvious to those of us that have the perception to see. that Putin is NOT going to use nukes, especially  now after Kherson was liberated.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Occult1 said:

I'm not an expert. I just go by what the Pentagon's top spokeperson said:             

''We have no plans to provide Patriot batteries to Ukraine," U.S. Air Force Brig. Gen. Patrick Ryder, the Pentagon's top spokesperson, clarified at a subsequent press briefing. "But again, we'll continue to have those discussions, and when and if there's something to announce on that front, we will."

"When it comes to certain capabilities, like Patriot missiles ... you're talking about a pretty significant maintenance and sustainment tail, as well as a training tail on those things. So then none of these systems are 'plug and play.' You can't just show up on the battlefield and start using them," Ryder added. "So those are the kinds of things that are taken into account when it comes to more advanced systems."                                                 https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/sending-patriots-to-ukraine-being-actively-considered-by-u-s-nato

There you go , the Pentagon is learning , tell the world what you want them to hear and do what your gonna do anyway. Just like Russia does. Deny , Deny , Deny. For all we know they could be training Ukraine in use of these since the war started. 

• Like 2

Head of Russian intelligence claims Poland plans referendums in Ukraine

''Poland plans to hold referendums on annexing western Ukrainian territories, according to the head of the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service on Wednesday.

As a part of the plan, the Polish intelligence services leaked the information about the possibility of holding a referendum in the Lviv region to Ukraine's media, Sergey Naryshkin said in an interview with the Russian state-run RIA news agency.

"The reaction of significant regional players and ordinary citizens is supposed to be carefully monitored and analyzed," he said.''

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/politics/head-of-russian-intelligence-claims-poland-plans-referendums-in-ukraine/2752307

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, razman said:

There you go , the Pentagon is learning , tell the world what you want them to hear and do what your gonna do anyway. Just like Russia does. Deny , Deny , Deny. For all we know they could be training Ukraine in use of these since the war started. 

You're getting warmer...

• Like 1

As winter's cold sets in, the Ukrainian military continues to push the offense. Poor Vladdy lost the initiative months ago, and I think (strongly emphasize think) that he's realizing he will lose this illegal invasion. Meanwhile, newly acquired offensive long range indirect fire units continue to pound Russian forces.

"Ukraine hits Russian troops in Donetsk with ‘massive' strikes using British M777 Howitzers"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/ukraine-hits-russian-troops-in-donetsk-with-massive-strikes-using-british-m777-howitzers/ar-AA14JhJp?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=4050adb26f1c4db5bec87a9fd8cf88c0

"British firepower is changing the course of the war in the east of Ukraine, having a major impact on Russian forces, reports have indicated. Dramatic clips showed Ukrainian troops making full use of the M777 Howitzers - developed by the UK - with one soldier describing it as "extremely precise".

"Asked why the weapon was changing the course of the conflict, Serhiy, a Ukrainian soldier interviewed by US-backed Radio Free Europe, was unequivocal in his agreement, explaining the key lay in the weapon's accuracy. He explained: "People who work with this artillery are very effective. That's why we work smoothly - everything is as it should be."

"It's definitely very powerful. It's more precise, as we know from using it. The Soviet-era Msta-B doesn't even come close to this model. Strikes on personnel have been the most massive thing. One time we hit 300 men. We hit them with a string of nine shells. "We hit only specific targets - we don't fire at nothing."

Is that Soldeir implying that Russian forces are lobbing artillery rounds with no definite targets and hitting absolutely nothing? How embarrassing.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Is that Soldeir implying that Russian forces are lobbing artillery rounds with no definite targets and hitting absolutely nothing? How embarrassing.

That's exactly what russians are complaining about too. "Our artillery are idiots." said one the other day "They're just firing in all directions." 

Also, russians supposedly use outdated maps, but that's just an excuse for their habit of striking own forces all the time. 

• Like 3

Wonderful news for shoygu and others who siphon russian military money away - russia will increase military spending by 50%.

So that their troops are 97% supplied. 97%. How bizarrely precise. There will be 3% unsupplied. Why? Why not increase the budget by couple more millions and have it at 100%? Was that 3% implying the calculation is realistic? 

What a sovietesque, morbid comedy.  

• Like 2

• The topic was locked