Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

Source of the following is Arestovych, translated by Dmitri (the one whose channel I often link), I'll just write the most important bits, so I don't flood the thread with links:

Exact numbers are secret because they could help the enemy evaluate efficiency and make strategic decisions. 

So unofficially and approximately, Ukraine had between 10,000 and 20,000 soldiers killed. 

russian losses are much higher. Approximate ratio could be now 1 Ukrainian to 7-7.5 russians.

It's also due to extremely high russian killed-to-wounded ratio - approximately 1 dead russian to 2 or 3 wounded. It means that if you're an orc and you've been hit, you've got 25% or even 50% chance of dying. 

While Ukraine could have had approx. 80,000 wounded so far and most of them, approx. 72,000 was able to return to service. 

Which means the mistake with 100,000 figure of Ukrainians "killed", which was celebrated by russians and their b****es, consists in reality about less than 20,000 actually killed, around 8,000 incapacitated and about 72,000 back to service.  

Do I think Arestovych's approximate numbers are exact? No, they're not exact, they're approximate. Out of obvious reason, there's war in progress, only a moron would put everything in public. But these numbers are not far from the actual numbers. Why do I trust it is so? Because so far, everything Ukraine claimed was proven to be correct.

• Like 2

Ukraine already offered 10 orcs in exchange for Ukrainian raccoon who was taken prisoner. I don't think it was a joke. I also have a feeling the raccoon will manage to escape before the russians agree to the exchange. Because he really and obviously doesn't like the way his captors treat him.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

NATO (and everyone else) does have satellites over russia. So russia occasionally threatens to take satellites down too, only they never explain how exactly they'd take a someone else's satellite down on purpose. (Not only putler's invasion destroyed the propaganda image of russian military might, it also gave the West the motive and the justification for poking intelligence nose in every little thing in russia.) 

The reason why the West is so reluctant to crush russia is (in my truly humble opinion) not nuclear and not military at all. It's the fact that no one wants 100 million lepers starving, listening to the complaints that it's due their total defeat in an open war against NATO, so it's NATO countries' job to feed russians. All of them. 

It's much wiser to let them implode on their own, at their own pace. Their future has to be their own fault. 

Sorry my dear is don't think I explained what I meant properly. I meant NATO has more than satellites over ruzzia. I.e spy network, cyber warfare and anything else up their sleeve.

Point I was try to make is I'd bet my house (if I had one) that NATO knows where putlers nukes are.

• Like 2

Russia’s Lavrov slams US, NATO for ‘directly participating’ in Ukraine war

''MOSCOW — Russia’s foreign minister on Thursday accused the West of becoming directly involved in the conflict in Ukraine by supplying it with weapons and training its soldiers.

Sergey Lavrov also said that Russia’s strikes on Ukrainian energy facilities and other key infrastructure that have left millions without power, heating, and water were intended to weaken Ukraine’s military potential and derail the shipments of Western weapons.

“You shouldn’t say that the US and NATO aren’t taking part in this war, you are directly participating in it,” Lavrov said in a video call with reporters. “And not just by providing weapons but also by training personnel. You are training their military on your territory, on the territories of Britain, Germany, Italy, and other countries.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/russias-lavrov-slams-us-nato-for-directly-participating-in-ukraine-war/

15 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Russia’s Lavrov slams US, NATO for ‘directly participating’ in Ukraine war

''MOSCOW — Russia’s foreign minister on Thursday accused the West of becoming directly involved in the conflict in Ukraine by supplying it with weapons and training its soldiers.

Sergey Lavrov also said that Russia’s strikes on Ukrainian energy facilities and other key infrastructure that have left millions without power, heating, and water were intended to weaken Ukraine’s military potential and derail the shipments of Western weapons.

“You shouldn’t say that the US and NATO aren’t taking part in this war, you are directly participating in it,” Lavrov said in a video call with reporters. “And not just by providing weapons but also by training personnel. You are training their military on your territory, on the territories of Britain, Germany, Italy, and other countries.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/russias-lavrov-slams-us-nato-for-directly-participating-in-ukraine-war/

Hi Occult

So the bully that tried stealing lunch money is crying about getting b!tch slapped boo hoo to bad.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I trust the Ukrainian battle intelligence. If Russia takes Bakhmut, it is not because Russia won it, it is because Ukraine let them have it. The Ukrainians have the intelligence support of NATO, the Russians only have their own, which is third class. The Russians are fighting WW2, Ukraine is fighting a modern war. The Ukrainians started winning on 24th Feb, when their citizens were televised making Molotov cocktails (propaganda war), then a few weeks later the three-pronged Russian attack on Kyiv got bogged down in mud and lack of fuel and were picked off by ATGMs.

Snake Island- disaster. Flagship Moskova- sunk. Crimea Bridge- shattered. Kharkiv- rout. Kherson- retreat. Crimea airbases- blown up. There have been no Russian successes, only the mad propaganda exercise in trying to 'legally' annex territory through fake referenda. 

Current thought is that Ukraine will wait until the Spring for the big push to get Russia out of Crimea- but I wouldn't be at all surprised it there isn't a surprise breakthrough somewhere else.

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 3

On 11/30/2022 at 4:14 PM, Helen of Annoy said:

Clarification was issued (I'll find the link later if you need one) that it is estimated 100,000 incapacitated for the service, not killed. It means the number consists of killed and seriously wounded. 

It also means Ukrainian losses are still lower than russian. Which is expected, the attacking side usually has few times higher body count than the side that defends. Unless... etc... not to deliver a chair-born rant. 

Sadly, I think Ukrainian losses are very high. In the West, we are also subject to propaganda, not only national but personal- on Reddit and YouTube I happily see Russian troops being inconvenienced and demilitarised by drone-dropped grenades and mines, but the same is happening to Ukrainian troops. We just so rarely see it.

But I think Ukrainian troops are faring better, because they are better equipped, better armed, and better motivated- all the Russian troops need to do to end the war is to go home or surrender, whereas the Ukrainians need to persuade them to go home. If the Ukrainians surrender, they will end their lives starving to death in 're-education' camps in Siberia. If the Russian troops surrender, they will be treated by Geneva conventions.

This winter may be a turning point. If the Russian troops don't get winter clothing, and recent history suggests they won't (as a quartermaster somewhere has sold it for vodka), they are going to have a very miserable Christmas.

• Like 3

On 11/30/2022 at 6:33 PM, Nuclear Wessel said:

You and I both know that Russia would be flattened by now if they didn't have working nukes.

You see the problem is, no matter how certain the intelligence is that the damn things can't work, the PTB will always say "Yeah, but what if your wrong?  What if it does work?"

Nothing in the whole society of Russia works. Not one damn thing.  They can't even get their samovars to work properly.

For any nuke to work, you'd need to see  sattelite images of the damn things being dragged into a machine shop to be fixed, at great expense.  It is possible that a couple of the more modern nukes might work... Might... Because they didn't work when they tested them over Arkangelsk and they killed the scientists making them.  

I know the smell of Russian BS.  It's a very distinctive odor.  Their nukes are BS.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Sincerely hope thats the case but doubt it. If NATO knew putlers nukes didn't work, he wouldn't be in power. And NATO don't just have satellites over russia.

I suspect NATO have a pretty good idea the nukes don't work, but there is always that hovering question mark "What if they do?"

Russia has been trading on that question mark for decades. 

A good bluff can make you a rich man and Poker is a great metaphor for certain situations.  The USA has Kings and Queens, but they suspect Russia is always dealt aces.  The USA is wrong of course.  The whole Cold War was based on a fiction of Russian competence that just wasn't true, but the USA predictably always bargains on a worst case scenario, and always loses the info war as a result, because Russia knows how to get dummies in the USA to buy their lies.  Worse still, because dummies in the US believe it, then axles in the 3rd World dictatorships buy the lies and invest in Russian weapon systems.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

It's the fact that no one wants 100 million lepers starving, listening to the complaints that it's due their total defeat in an open war against NATO, so it's NATO countries' job to feed russians. All of them. 

Russia is not in any danger of starving.  If they were scared of starving they would never have interfered with Ukraine's harvest the way they have.  We're normally on the same page as each other Helen, but I don't think this is true.

3 hours ago, pellinore said:

Sadly, I think Ukrainian losses are very high.

Civilian losses are high. Especially due to Russia's horror campaign in Mariupol.  Ukraine military losses by comparison are impressively low, running at 20% of Russian losses presently.  This is due to the mindless WW1 tactics the Russians have been employing thanks to military institutional "vranyo" painting a ridiculously inaccurate picture of the war.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63832151

Droopy man tits is trying to be big and strong. Demanding the West recognises the land he illegally annexed before talks. 

The problem is that both sides want to negotiate on their own terms.

As long as the flow of weapons and tremendous support keep reaching Ukraine, they will also not want to negotiate seriously.

13 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

The problem is that ruSSia is being unrealistic.

Ukraine just want them to feck off.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

As long as the flow of weapons and tremendous support keep reaching Ukraine, they will also not want to negotiate seriously.

I've yet to see Putin make a serious attempt at peace negotiations. 

What concessions has he even offered?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Hi Occult

Russia has done what it has done with the hope of negotiating from a position of power because of the damage they have inflicted. We are supplying the Ukraine to alleviate that position and break Russia to the point that they can’t make threats again on any other nation and that is happening as we speak. Russia has their back against the wall and their nuts in a vice, this is a situation they created for themselves .

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I've yet to see Putin make a serious attempt at peace negotiations. 

What concessions has he even offered?

he offered to maybe end the war, kfc prick 

• Haha 2

Ukraine to prepare law banning churches 'affiliated' with Russia

''KYIV, Dec 2 (Reuters) - The Ukrainian government will draw up a law banning churches affiliated with Russia under moves described by President Volodymyr Zelenskiy as necessary to prevent Moscow being able to "weaken Ukraine from within."

In a move condemned in Moscow, Ukraine's National Security and Defence Council told the government to draft the law following a series of raids on parishes that Kyiv says could be taking orders from Moscow as Russia wages war on Ukraine.

The security council, which groups top security, military and political figures, also ordered investigations into suspected "subversive activities of Russian special services in the religious environment of Ukraine" and called for sanctions against unspecified individuals.''

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraine-orders-probe-into-russian-linked-church-says-zelenskiy-2022-12-01/

After having gained total control over the media, now Zelensky seeks complete control of religion.

30 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

After having gained total control over the media, now Zelensky seeks complete control of religion.

Behave. And stop being so dramatic. He's doing nothing of the sort.

You really do crack me up sometimes.  lol1.gif

Edited by Stiff
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Ukraine to prepare law banning churches 'affiliated' with Russia

''KYIV, Dec 2 (Reuters) - The Ukrainian government will draw up a law banning churches affiliated with Russia under moves described by President Volodymyr Zelenskiy as necessary to prevent Moscow being able to "weaken Ukraine from within."

In a move condemned in Moscow, Ukraine's National Security and Defence Council told the government to draft the law following a series of raids on parishes that Kyiv says could be taking orders from Moscow as Russia wages war on Ukraine.

The security council, which groups top security, military and political figures, also ordered investigations into suspected "subversive activities of Russian special services in the religious environment of Ukraine" and called for sanctions against unspecified individuals.''

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraine-orders-probe-into-russian-linked-church-says-zelenskiy-2022-12-01/

Hi Occult

Hmm, gee ahh let’s see Putin has promoted his invasion as a holy war recently so yes they will investigate it’s war

• Like 3

18 hours ago, pellinore said:

Sadly, I think Ukrainian losses are very high. In the West, we are also subject to propaganda, not only national but personal- on Reddit and YouTube I happily see Russian troops being inconvenienced and demilitarised by drone-dropped grenades and mines, but the same is happening to Ukrainian troops. We just so rarely see it.

But I think Ukrainian troops are faring better, because they are better equipped, better armed, and better motivated- all the Russian troops need to do to end the war is to go home or surrender, whereas the Ukrainians need to persuade them to go home. If the Ukrainians surrender, they will end their lives starving to death in 're-education' camps in Siberia. If the Russian troops surrender, they will be treated by Geneva conventions.

This winter may be a turning point. If the Russian troops don't get winter clothing, and recent history suggests they won't (as a quartermaster somewhere has sold it for vodka), they are going to have a very miserable Christmas.

Podolyak gave official estimation today: approximately 13,000 killed Ukrainians.  (We're talking about soldiers. @Alchopwn already said that civilian loses are much higher. Mariupol alone... not to elaborate, because I'll have a fit of rage. We all know by now what russian idea of waging a war looks like.)

Regarding deaths we see, we rarely see russian footage of Ukrainian deaths simply because russians are actual orcs, with crappy equipment. The only good equipment is with the worst of them, so we got to see the worst deaths, those of Ukrainian heroes tortured to death. russians publish such videos in hope they'll scare the world. I don't know about the world in general, but in my environment russian savagery only makes people angrier. 

It also cements my belief that putlerian russians are extraordinary stupid. They themselves kept publishing the evidence of their war crimes. 

Which reminds me that the most prominent russian propagandists can't stop talking about Den Haag :lol: Their future trials at International Court :lol: They're currently trying to make wide russian population believe everyone in russia will share the fate of the regime. lol. 

This winter will be another turning point. Ukrainians are waiting for the ground to freeze so they can move more efficiently. If any russians with brains are stuck in Ukraine, they should surrender while they still can. (But, but, but, washing machine... they can't leave "their" precious washing machine. So serve them right. I still got some basic compassion, naturally, but it's limited to individuals.)   

Edited by Helen of Annoy
speeeling
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Russia is not in any danger of starving.  If they were scared of starving they would never have interfered with Ukraine's harvest the way they have.  We're normally on the same page as each other Helen, but I don't think this is true.

No worries, we don't have to share the exact same opinion on everything. 

My reasoning is: russia in fact was hungry before. The last time they managed to do that was in 1990's. They've got enormous agricultural potential and at the moment they're one of the largest exporters of grains but there's nothing in this world that russia cannot embezzle, steal, screw up, destroy... 

And people want to eat more diverse food than grains alone. 

When the regime falls the power vacuum will destroy their already dwindling economy and no oligarch will invest in the Motherland, god forbid, they'll just run away to the places where their money already is. 

Rural russians and Siberian minorities won't notice much, they will simply stay poor. But urban russia will experience... noticeable inconveniences. 

If by some delightful karma the fall of russian regime sets off a civil war (it won't, they're a zombiefied nation), russia will be hungry once again. 

Which is one of the reasons why the sane leaders in the West are so stubborn in trying to not crush russia in the way it should be crushed.   

13 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Civilian losses are high. Especially due to Russia's horror campaign in Mariupol.  Ukraine military losses by comparison are impressively low, running at 20% of Russian losses presently.  This is due to the mindless WW1 tactics the Russians have been employing thanks to military institutional "vranyo" painting a ridiculously inaccurate picture of the war.

Yes. And that's the part I will never be able to comprehend, forgive or forget. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Occult

Hmm, gee ahh let’s see Putin has promoted his invasion as a holy war recently so yes they will investigate it’s war

Exactly. 

There were searches conducted in monasteries and other objects where Moscow Patriarchy clergy lives and works and russian propaganda material was found, along with russian citizens without proper documents etc. 

russian church structures at the moment are a part of putin's regime and they don't even hide it.  

(Also, so I don't say unpleasant things about russian Orthodox only, let me add that the Pope is a tankie. He was one of the biggest disappointments since Feb 24th. I shouldn't be surprised, though. Not to digress.) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked