Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

2 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Why would the Ukranians want to negotiate when they are winning?  Russia is being soundly thrashed.  Soon Russia will be facing a fresh Winter offensive in Luhansk that will see them lose the lot.  The USA also doesn't see any real benefit in negotiating.  The only crew who do is Germany, who were quislings from the start, and this is merely a sop to shut them up.

Don't trash Germany like that. It's a long and complicated story, they certainly have their Schröders and historic reason for hyper-caution (not being the bad guys, not again), but they really made the U-turn. 

Just few recent examples: Gepards are being sent, MARS II were sent, IRIS-T, Panzerhaubitze, untold mountains of ammo, various vehicles and equipment...  Patriots will be sent (maybe it will be through Poland but let's not nitpick)... Scholz made it extra clear for who knows what time that Nord Stream 2 has zero chances of ever becoming operational... and also, one of the most obnoxious russian *****s who was blaring russian propaganda in Germany was extradited and since there are no direct flights from Germany to russia, Germans flew her to Istanbul.  

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 2

And a short horror film :lol: (No gore, it's safe for stomach - there's longer version which is not, but I won't post that one.)

• Like 1

putin's russians were jealous of Ukraine, wanting to plunder and destroy a country whose prosperity made russian failure more obvious. 

Ukraine will be rebuilt. So the russian failure will be even more obvious. Everything putler and his ghouls attempt, ends up giving the results directly the opposite of what he wanted. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

putin's russians were jealous of Ukraine, wanting to plunder and destroy a country whose prosperity made russian failure more obvious. 

Ukraine will be rebuilt. So the russian failure will be even more obvious. Everything putler and his ghouls attempt, ends up giving the results directly the opposite of what he wanted. 

Hi Helen

Gee all that and no power grid.:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Helen

Gee all that and no power grid.:D

Yes, well, there was the power grid a year ago... and there will be power grid again :yes:

And abominable amounts of electricity from Ukraine, bought by the EU. Another reason why russia targets Ukrainian power grid, on top of their genocidal intention to make life for Ukrainian civilians impossible, is that putin wants Ukrainian energy sector destroyed, hoping the the EU will buy his stinky gas again. (The EU won't buy russian fossil fuels again. They might be cheap, but the total price of doing any sort of business with russians is the highest price possible: loss of lives, loss of security, loss of dignity... the only thing EU gained is the lesson which must not be forgotten.)

Speaking of Ukrainian power grid, electricity is back to Kherson. And orcs are packing their bags in Zaporizhzhia region, they should leave Nuclear Power Plant too. russian media denies any further retreats of russian army (of course), but russian propagandists/bloggers are upset and clearly show they don't trust their own media anymore. 

russians claim they'll withdraw heavy artillery out of NPP, but their guards will remain. (muahahahahaaaa....) Which means russians finally admitted the obvious: that they used a nuclear power plant as a shield for their stinking artillery. Also, collaborators are fleeing both Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions, while Ukrainian ribbons and leaflets are becoming more numerous in still orc-occupied areas. 

So russians are withdrawing in the South, to sum their verbal contortions up. 

I often say that russians are incapable of learning, but truth be told, I was wrong. russians actually learned what an Ukrainian offensive means for them. And another Ukrainian offensive is expected. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Russia likely planning to encircle Donetsk Oblast town of Bakhmut, Britain says

''Dec 3 (Reuters) - Russia is likely planning to encircle the Donetsk Oblast town of Bakhmut with tactical advances to the north and south, Britain's defence ministry said on Saturday.

The capture of the town would have limited operational value but it can potentially allow Russia to threaten Kramatorsk and Sloviansk, the ministry added in a daily intelligence update.

"There is a realistic possibility that Bakhmut's capture has become primarily a symbolic, political objective for Russia," the ministry said in the update posted on Twitter.''

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-likely-planning-encircle-donetsk-oblast-town-bakhmut-britain-says-2022-12-03/

12 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Only 10% of troops see combat: What percentage of soldiers see combat? | Midwest Disability, P.A.

Simple maths tells you that neither the Ukrainian or Russian sides are expending 10% of their manpower every day, or even every week. The occasional month yes, like at the start of the invasion. But not even most months.

The life of a front life soldier is spent on patrols, in trenches, and back at the house they turned into their forward operating base (that`s where the `acquired` washing machine and TV go). It is not the fervent slaughter you imagine. That only happens when one side pushes and then only at the specific locations of pushes.

Use your brain please and notice that along most of the front the war has been quite static for months. We have several ex-services here, ask them and they will tell you that most of the time of a front-line soldier they were just sat there bored.

That is not accurate. Soldiers that are on the front lines or decisive point of action see quite a bit of activity. Patrols and static positions as you describe are generally assumed by maneuver support elements that enable the combat forces (infantry, armor, cav, and mobile artillery and air defense units).

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

It happened again - russians surrendered to an Ukrainian drone ^_^ 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

''Dec 3 (Reuters) - Russia is likely planning to encircle the Donetsk Oblast town of Bakhmut with tactical advances to the north and south, Britain's defence ministry said on Saturday.

The capture of the town would have limited operational value but it can potentially allow Russia to threaten Kramatorsk and Sloviansk, the ministry added in a daily intelligence update.

"There is a realistic possibility that Bakhmut's capture has become primarily a symbolic, political objective for Russia," the ministry said in the update posted on Twitter.''

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-likely-planning-encircle-donetsk-oblast-town-bakhmut-britain-says-2022-12-03/

And I’m planning on marrying Alexandria Ocassio-Cortez, it doesn’t mean it’ll eve happen.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Trelane said:

That is not accurate. Soldiers that are on the front lines or decisive point of action see quite a bit of activity. Patrols and static positions as you describe are generally assumed by maneuver support elements that enable the combat forces (infantry, armor, cav, and mobile artillery and air defense units).

So you telling me he's talking crap......again? :unsure: nah sorry mate don't believe you.

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Only 10% of troops see combat: What percentage of soldiers see combat? | Midwest Disability, P.A.

Simple maths tells you that neither the Ukrainian or Russian sides are expending 10% of their manpower every day, or even every week. The occasional month yes, like at the start of the invasion. But not even most months.

The life of a front life soldier is spent on patrols, in trenches, and back at the house they turned into their forward operating base (that`s where the `acquired` washing machine and TV go). It is not the fervent slaughter you imagine. That only happens when one side pushes and then only at the specific locations of pushes.

Use your brain please and notice that along most of the front the war has been quite static for months. We have several ex-services here, ask them and they will tell you that most of the time of a front-line soldier they were just sat there bored.

Your source is a joke, it would have been better to just make up story and present that. You are a very strange dude Cookie Monster, very very strange!:wacko::blink::no:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Don't trash Germany like that. It's a long and complicated story, they certainly have their Schröders and historic reason for hyper-caution (not being the bad guys, not again), but they really made the U-turn. 

I'm not a fan of Scholz.  He wanted Putin to have a swift victory in Ukraine.  This is the largest emergency in Europe for decades and Scholz has dragged his feet in helping Ukraine the whole time.  He hasn't made a u-turn, he has meandered about and seems to be pro-totalitarian about half the time.  That may not be as bad as Russia in terms of being bad guys, but frankly it's not much better than Orban in Hungary either.  When will they u-turn back pro-Putin again?  This week?  Next week?  What a tepid and limp response.  I always got the impression that Merkel worked for Putin. How infiltrated are the Germans?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Yeah, it's pretty sad how the Russians have taken over 6 months and spent countless lived trying to take Bakhmut, and all because Prigozhin was offered a financial bonus for doing so.  Ukraine has turned Bakhmut into a kill zone for Russians, and now Winter is closing in on Russian troops who have no logistical support worth the name.  General January and General February have defected to Ukraine, and the Ukranian electrical grid is being rebuilt better than before.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

I'm not a fan of Scholz.  He wanted Putin to have a swift victory in Ukraine.  This is the largest emergency in Europe for decades and Scholz has dragged his feet in helping Ukraine the whole time.  He hasn't made a u-turn, he has meandered about and seems to be pro-totalitarian about half the time.  That may not be as bad as Russia in terms of being bad guys, but frankly it's not much better than Orban in Hungary either.  When will they u-turn back pro-Putin again?  This week?  Next week?  What a tepid and limp response.  I always got the impression that Merkel worked for Putin. How infiltrated are the Germans?

Germany is probably one of the most infiltrated, from neo-Nazi "politicians" in Saxony to particular company owners and real politicians.

Social media (in every EU country) is so full of russian trolls you can safely assume they make up about 75% of all traffic in russian-related topics. (I base that estimation of mine, which is only half-humorous, on the difference that shows between "polls" in social media and real polls conducted by actual polling agencies.) Actual media are not that bad - except when they engage in brainless, careless sensationalism. Or when they insist on "objectivity", presenting russian fantastic claims as something that could be taken seriously by anyone sane. 

And it comes combined with rather braindead cult of extreme pacifism. (It's clear from which historic reason, only it went far too far.) When Berlin's local authorities didn't allow the exhibit of destroyed russian mechanization under excuse that "people died in those" it was the most ridiculous expression of that extreme (therefore immature or at least unrealistic) pacifism but it also clearly served russian interests. 

So I can't and won't counter your opinion, because it would just be nitpicking about details. Essentially you've got the point, in my opinion too.

But I do hope that the development of the situation won't allow any reverse U-turns. (While it seemed profitable and less challenging to keep ignoring what putin's russia truly is, now it is more than clear that cooperating with russia is not going to generate any profit - in the sense that any profit will be cancelled by much higher losses, complete with astronomically high sanction-breaking fines and it's not going to generate any votes or security guarantees.)   

Or, as master strategist :D summed it up, correctly and hilariously as always: 

(Notice the brutally honest diagnose of NS2 problem by German Justice minister, which Darth is quoting.)

• Like 2

On 12/3/2022 at 8:33 AM, Cookie Monster said:

The article you are quoting is referring to armed forces in general. Of course there are 10x as many support and logistical troops as fighting men or women in any military. And some fortunate career soldiers spend their whole service safely out of harm's way. Drone operators may never even leave the US. But Ukraine and Russia are at war. There is an 800km front line constantly in ebb and flow. 

And the looted kitchen goods, TVs, consoles, toilet bowls, etc aren't used in forward operating bases- how can you imagine that? You think they have the time and inclination to plumb in a toilet or washing machine, or rig up a games console when they may have to retreat or advance at a moment's notice, or a drone may drop a grenade on their noodles?

No, that stuff is destined for Russia, to be used by their families or sold on. There is at least one instance where a Russian family contacted a Ukrainian family to ask them to supply the PIN on a stolen PlayStation so they could use it!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Photos emerged, which I won't post, of civilians hanged by russians in temporarily occupied territories. 

Apart from being an obvious war crime, it's also an evidence that russians are weak and afraid of local population (which they supposedly came to "liberate"). 

So let me repeat that every pro-russian spammer is a willing collaborator in russian war crimes, because pro-russian spammers are trying to deny and/or excuse russian war crimes.  

• Like 1

The "sensitive content" is not sensitive at all (unless you're staunch putlerian), there's no gore or violence whatsoever, it's an Ukrainian Warrior, sending his regards, saying that "Bakhmut stands, Bakhmut holds, Bakhmut is Ukraine, not an "Artemyvsk" (russian imaginary name they use instead of historic, real and Ukrainian Bakhmut), death to the enemy, Glory to the Nation".

Glory to the Heroes. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Photos emerged, which I won't post, of civilians hanged by russians in temporarily occupied territories. 

Apart from being an obvious war crime, it's also an evidence that russians are weak and afraid of local population (which they supposedly came to "liberate"). 

So let me repeat that every pro-russian spammer is a willing collaborator in russian war crimes, because pro-russian spammers are trying to deny and/or excuse russian war crimes.  

That "liberation" thing was just another Russian lie. It lasted just as long as it took for the Ukrainians to show they didn't want to be liberated. Now the Russians want to murder them, all of them.

I have also thought about the religious debate in Russia I saw recently- pundits and church leaders wondering if President Zelensky is the actual anti-Christ or just a minor demon: this is from a country that is trying to freeze millions of people to death in the next few months. Putin has made Russia synonymous with evil- I can't imagine any country in the sane world ever hosting any Russian cultural event in future, whether it is the Moscow State Circus, the Red Army Choir, playing Tchaikovsky at the Proms, or anything else connected to Russia. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, pellinore said:

That "liberation" thing was just another Russian lie. It lasted just as long as it took for the Ukrainians to show they didn't want to be liberated. Now the Russians want to murder them, all of them.

I have also thought about the religious debate in Russia I saw recently- pundits and church leaders wondering if President Zelensky is the actual anti-Christ or just a minor demon: this is from a country that is trying to freeze millions of people to death in the next few months. Putin has made Russia synonymous with evil- I can't imagine any country in the sane world ever hosting any Russian cultural event in future, whether it is the Moscow State Circus, the Red Army Choir, playing Tchaikovsky at the Proms, or anything else connected to Russia. 

Rant incoming, sorry about that :D 

That's why I adopted "russian" and "Russian" spelling. It's a way for me personally to always make a distinction between russians (putin's zombies) and Russians (who are trapped in the country in which everything went wrong). 

I won't let russians corrupt me, I won't let them make me become like them, I will always find time and energy to make a distinction between them and Russians.  

But Tchaikovsky is a collateral :lol: There's no help there, for a while. I simply don't feel like listening to anything Russian at the moment, because it reminds me of russians. It will pass, in a couple of decades or centuries. Wagner, for example, used to be associated with Nazism but that association is fading away. Which reminds me I'm additionally angry at prigozhin (the b**** who owns PMC Wagner) for stealing and tarnishing the Wagner name. It's Dirlewanger, not Wagner. 

Anyway. 

Back in spring, our Symphonic orchestra in Zagreb had Tchaikovsky in repertoire, I mean, of course they did... but they dropped it - of course they did. russians were howling "russophobia" and it coincided so nicely with one of their wafflers of quasi-spiritual political crap publishing a rant in which she said "our Tchaikovsky will be helpful now" (to keep people thinking there's civilization in russia, despite literal genocide they conduct being literally broadcasted).

No, your Tchaikovsky won't be helpful at all. You filled your Swan Lake with innocent blood.

Now, that's demonic - or thoroughly psychopath, if we'll use strictly secular vocabulary. 

No surprise there, russians constantly project their failures and crimes on others. The slightly surprising thing is that mixture of religious extremism and adoration of soviet past. A sane person would say that's an impossible combination, since soviets were violently atheist. But on a second thought, it becomes clear and logical mixture - both the perverted misinterpretation of Christianity (not unique for russia) and the Stalinism are totalitarian, misanthropic, sadistic, sharing the same dystopian vision of future. They're the same demon horde, only dressed in slightly different clothing.   

Which is why Ukraine needs more weapons and russia, together with various Irans and other suppliers, needs more sanctions.

Defeating russian totalitarian expansionism is crucial for everyone's security. One step towards that defeat is exposing and ridiculing russian propaganda. To put it allegorically: Devil hates being laughed at, it takes his power away. putin's power is based in lies and deceit and by exposing how hollow are his claims, his influence fades.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pellinore said:

The article you are quoting is referring to armed forces in general. Of course there are 10x as many support and logistical troops as fighting men or women in any military. And some fortunate career soldiers spend their whole service safely out of harm's way. Drone operators may never even leave the US. But Ukraine and Russia are at war. There is an 800km front line constantly in ebb and flow. 

And the looted kitchen goods, TVs, consoles, toilet bowls, etc aren't used in forward operating bases- how can you imagine that? You think they have the time and inclination to plumb in a toilet or washing machine, or rig up a games console when they may have to retreat or advance at a moment's notice, or a drone may drop a grenade on their noodles?

No, that stuff is destined for Russia, to be used by their families or sold on. There is at least one instance where a Russian family contacted a Ukrainian family to ask them to supply the PIN on a stolen PlayStation so they could use it!

Most of the front line has been fairly static for months, the only ebb and flow occurred in the first couple of weeks of the war.

On the right flank that recently had a period of rapid progress, but before then and now it`s fairly static. On the left that was the same except no blood bath, the Russians withdrew across the river. It will also likely go completely static for the winter too, before starting up again next year.

Again, you seem to have this war fantasy where it's both sides at each other's throats most of the time. War is not like you see in films. This is not a constant Somme battle with 10s of 1000s being slaughtered every day. No modern army can maintain that pace and keep it supplied with weapons and ammunition. No army has the blood banks and surgery facilities to support it. 

russians are pedaling back but they want to sound threatening at the same time - here you can see one of their leading propagandists "explain" that neither putin nor shoygu would ever order a nuke to be dropped on Kyiv, because shrines holy to russians are located there. 

I mean, shrines holy to any Christian are located there, so it's quite nice that russians too remembered that oh, ****, I've got my own shrine there, I shouldn't bomb it. Yet they keep on firing missiles at Kyiv too, perfectly aware they can easily strike these shrines they supposedly care about. 

Ew, Geez, what hypocrites. Ew.

The threatening part was supposed to be the conclusion that there are no such shrines in the West. Which will be quite a surprise for the Russian Orthodox Christians who live in the West and whose shrines are in the Western countries. Maybe russian propagandists will suddenly remember that fact the next time they are "explaining" the "relocation" of russian "red line". 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

Most of the front line has been fairly static for months, the only ebb and flow occurred in the first couple of weeks of the war.

On the right flank that recently had a period of rapid progress, but before then and now it`s fairly static. On the left that was the same except no blood bath, the Russians withdrew across the river. It will also likely go completely static for the winter too, before starting up again next year.

Again, you seem to have this war fantasy where it's both sides at each other's throats most of the time. War is not like you see in films. This is not a constant Somme battle with 10s of 1000s being slaughtered every day. No modern army can maintain that pace and keep it supplied with weapons and ammunition. No army has the blood banks and surgery facilities to support it. 

You must have missed the massive Ukrainian advance in Kharkiv then, and the even more significant advance on Kherson. In the battles for Kharkiv President Zelensky admitted to losing over 100 men a day, and the Russian mobliks complained they were taking 50% losses and were prevented from retreating by barrier troops. It looks like a real war to me, and I can't imagine anyone in the trenches or the "forward command posts", as you call them, are playing console games or doing their laundry.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• The topic was locked