Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

1 hour ago, pellinore said:

You must have missed the massive Ukrainian advance in Kharkiv then, and the even more significant advance on Kherson. In the battles for Kharkiv President Zelensky admitted to losing over 100 men a day, and the Russian mobliks complained they were taking 50% losses and were prevented from retreating by barrier troops. It looks like a real war to me, and I can't imagine anyone in the trenches or the "forward command posts", as you call them, are playing console games or doing their laundry.

100 men a day with what, 100,000 along the line?

Thats 99,900 doing not a lot on day one, and 99,800 not doing a lot on day two, and 99,700 not doing a lot on day three, do you get it yet?

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Thats 99,900 doing not a lot on day one, and 99,800 not doing a lot on day two, and 99,700 not doing a lot on day three, do you get it yet?

Oh foquē sakê

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Cookie, what is it like in your world?

Hollywood paints a fuzzy ‘based on true life’ picture of soldiering, but seriously, what is it you think soldiers do?

A modern, professional soldier gets paid to do a job.  Just like any other job, What they don’t get paid to do is sit around and do nothing.

No soldier who is not taking a break is bored, and no soldier on or near a front line is EVER bored or lacking something to do.

Any soldier or group of soldiers on active duty finding themselves without something to do needs better officers and NCO’s.

I mean, do you think every standing army during peacetime just have nothing to do because they are not in combat?

• Like 4

One of the reasons why those who would negotiate with russia are naive at best and pro-russian at worst. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

(There's an amusing rumor that Vladimir Poopin fell down the stairs and crapped his pants.) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

Cookie, what is it like in your world?

Hollywood paints a fuzzy ‘based on true life’ picture of soldiering, but seriously, what is it you think soldiers do?

A modern, professional soldier gets paid to do a job.  Just like any other job, What they don’t get paid to do is sit around and do nothing.

No soldier who is not taking a break is bored, and no soldier on or near a front line is EVER bored or lacking something to do.

Any soldier or group of soldiers on active duty finding themselves without something to do needs better officers and NCO’s.

I mean, do you think every standing army during peacetime just have nothing to do because they are not in combat?

You people are so susceptible to what you see on TV that it would require a media documentary showing life on the front lines before you would believe it.

Of course, they aren`t literally stood around doing nothing. They wake up at the forward operating base and have breakfast, then on their shift go out on patrol visiting monitoring sites and dugouts, spending a few hours at each. They have a meal while out (rations). Then they head back to the forward operating base at the end of their shift to wash their clothes, have a warm meal cooked on a cooker, watch the TV, and play on the Xboxes or PS5s, all of which the Ukrainians kindly donated to them.

I don`t know how long the rotation period is for Russian soldiers but let`s say its 30 days. That means at the end of the 30 days they go further back for a week R&R. Afterall, its bad to develop war fatigue. Most will have heard some distant fire and artillery rounds, but not got to shoot at anything in those 30 days. But as the months pass their big moment will come when they have to fire their weapons. At that point they kill or get killed.

The only places that is different is those locations on the frontline where a big push is occurring. Then its troops deploying in and heading straight out to combat. That is only at a few limited places along the front line.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

(There's an amusing rumor that Vladimir Poopin fell down the stairs and crapped his pants.) 

I think that one may actually be true.

13 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I think that one may actually be true.

Tell me more :D Tell me how slippery are the stairs in Kremlin and what Poopler eats.   

• Haha 1

On 12/2/2022 at 5:26 PM, jmccr8 said:

I think Russia will crumble from within which is likely why the west is holding out.

Well, I certainly agree this^ would be the best outcome for all concerned, especially the youth in Russia.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Tell me more :D Tell me how slippery are the stairs in Kremlin and what Poopler eats.   

I have him running down the stairs after eating a bad takeaway.

He urgently needs the toilet, he is about to lose containment, and yikes he trips. Before he can clench it`s too late, a watery brown mess is running down his legs!!!!

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Haha 1

Macron blasted for saying Moscow needs 'security guarantees' to end the war

''French President Emmanuel Macron's statement on Saturday that the West should consider how to address Russia's need for security guarantees to end the war in Ukraine has drawn sharp criticism from some quarters, rejecting the option of making concessions to the Kremlin after nearly 10 months of the war.

In an interview with French TV station TF1 recorded during his state visit to the US last week, Macron said Europe needs to prepare its future security architecture.

"This means that one of the essential points we must address -- as President (Vladimir) Putin has always said -- is the fear that NATO comes right up to its doors and the deployment of weapons that could threaten Russia," Macron said''

https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2022/12/04/russia-needs-security-guarantees-to-end-the-war-in-ukraine-says-macron

France is the only Western country recognizing that Russia has security concerns and will need guarantees to end the conflict.

Edited by Occult1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Macron blasted for saying Moscow needs 'security guarantees' to end the war

''French President Emmanuel Macron's statement on Saturday that the West should consider how to address Russia's need for security guarantees to end the war in Ukraine has drawn sharp criticism from some quarters, rejecting the option of making concessions to the Kremlin after nearly 10 months of the war.

In an interview with French TV station TF1 recorded during his state visit to the US last week, Macron said Europe needs to prepare its future security architecture.

"This means that one of the essential points we must address -- as President (Vladimir) Putin has always said -- is the fear that NATO comes right up to its doors and the deployment of weapons that could threaten Russia," Macron said''

https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2022/12/04/russia-needs-security-guarantees-to-end-the-war-in-ukraine-says-macron

France is the only Western country recognizing that Russia has security concerns and will need guarantees to end the conflict.

The only thing is Russia seems to be the one that keeps violating securities , so i would say that everyone else has security concerns about Russia.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, razman said:

The only thing is Russia seems to be the one that keeps violating securities , so i would say that everyone else has security concerns about Russia.

Biggest threat to Russia is putler.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, razman said:

France understands Russia and Putin better than any other western country. They grasp what it will take to end the war without falling into irrational anti-Russian rhetoric.

I think they should be the ones to lead negotiation (they mediated the Minsk 2 agreement) along with Turkey.

Edited by Occult1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Why should we believe that you have a better understanding?

They seem to think war is far more active than it actually is.

The obvious contradiction in their thinking is the length of time the conflict has been going on. Neither side is pouring in 10,000s or 100,000s everyday to be slaughtered, or the war would have been over in a few weeks. They think how Hollywood portrays conflict is accurate. They think the whole conflict is like a Battle of the Somme.

Most of the line is static, offensives take a good month to plan as they need all the resources such as a build-up of ammunition and medical supplies to do it. If they actually understood the media articles they are reading when it tells them 100 Russian soldiers died today, or even 500 at the upper end, they would realise most of the front line on both sides isn`t doing any fighting.

And to call out media lies. Russia went in with 220,000 and yet it took six months for a mobilisation. Thats not 220,000 dead as most soldiers aren`t used in front line operations. Most are logistics, intelligence, planning, medical, and various other roles going on behind the front lines. For 220,000 it would have been about 100,000 designated as actual fighting troops.

Obviously, what is really going on is the delusional thinking present on these forums cannot cope with anything that contradicts the delusions. Hence anything that does must be wrong, must be shot down, and the poster must be character assassinated.

This conflict will go on for a few years yet and will result in a Russian victory. Even Biden tells those suffering from delusions here just that. Why? Russia has the most to lose with NATO being on its border. Hence losing is not an option for them. Ukraine will run out of fighting men long before it does at which point Russia wins. But in the process, it has to take the hit of being ground down by NATO and being set back by 10 years. That has been the NATO plan all along.

And I would argue the problems going on in the EU are part of the plan too. The EU hasn`t learned its place as 2nd behind the US/UK so they are teaching it a valuable lesson. There will be no Franco-Prussian empire, and they will be used to help Ukraine whether they like it or not. And we have closed off alternative scenarios for the Germans by putting holes in the Nord Stream pipelines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

They seem to think war is far more active than it actually is.

The obvious contradiction in their thinking is the length of time the conflict has been going on. Neither side is pouring in 10,000s or 100,000s everyday to be slaughtered, or the war would have been over in a few weeks. They think how Hollywood portrays conflict is accurate. They think the whole conflict is like a Battle of the Somme.

Most of the line is static, offensives take a good month to plan as they need all the resources such as a build-up of ammunition and medical supplies to do it. If they actually understood the media articles they are reading when it tells them 100 Russian soldiers died today, or even 500 at the upper end, they would realise most of the front line on both sides isn`t doing any fighting.

And to call out media lies. Russia went in with 220,000 and yet it took six months for a mobilisation. Thats not 220,000 dead as most soldiers aren`t used in front line operations. Most are logistics, intelligence, planning, medical, and various other roles going on behind the front lines. For 220,000 it would have been about 100,000 designated as actual fighting troops.

Obviously, what is really going on is the delusional thinking present on these forums cannot cope with anything that contradicts the delusions. Hence anything that does must be wrong, must be shot down, and the poster must be character assassinated.

This conflict will go on for a few years yet and will result in a Russian victory. Even Biden tells those suffering from delusions here just that. Why? Russia has the most to lose with NATO being on its border. Hence losing is not an option for them. Ukraine will run out of fighting men long before it does at which point Russia wins. But in the process, it has to take the hit of being ground down by NATO and being set back by 10 years. That has been the NATO plan all along.

And I would argue the problems going on in the EU are part of the plan too. The EU hasn`t learned its place as 2nd behind the US/UK so they are teaching it a valuable lesson. There will be no Franco-Prussian empire, and they will be used to help Ukraine whether they like it or not. And we have closed off alternative scenarios for the Germans by putting holes in the Nord Stream pipelines.

What on earth are you babbling on about. Sound like you're about to have a kanye west meltdown.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

What on earth are you babbling on about. Sound like you're about to have a kanye west meltdown.

Not you, earlier posters.

I suspect Ukraine have made a deal with the EU and NATO behind closed doors.

It spills the blood of its people to grind down Russia, in return for future EU and NATO membership. I do hope it`s worth it and doesn`t cost millions their lives.

54 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Manic episode.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, pellinore said:

Of course there are 10x as many support and logistical troops as fighting men or women in any military.

Not in totalitarian armies.  Totalitarians throughout history have uniformly ignored logistics as someone else's problem.  Logistics just isn't sexy enough.  Putin is just the latest in a long line of totalitarians who don't do logistics.:lol:

14 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Which reminds me I'm additionally angry at prigozhin (the b**** who owns PMC Wagner) for stealing and tarnishing the Wagner name. I

LOL I dunno.  Richard Wagner was an anti-semite and German folk nationalist in the Nazi model but before Nazism was a thing.  This was one of the reasons why Nietzsche couldn't stay friends with him.  It is particularly odd that the Russians have named their mercenary company after a Nazi icon who would have hated their guts on racial grounds however.

14 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

No surprise there, russians constantly project their failures and crimes on others. The slightly surprising thing is that mixture of religious extremism and adoration of soviet past. A sane person would say that's an impossible combination, since soviets were violently atheist. But on a second thought, it becomes clear and logical mixture - both the perverted misinterpretation of Christianity (not unique for russia) and the Stalinism are totalitarian, misanthropic, sadistic, sharing the same dystopian vision of future. They're the same demon horde, only dressed in slightly different clothing.   

Helen, you will be pleased to know that Russian Propaganda News recently declared Zelensky the literal Anti-Christ.  But that's fine.  The Bible has a surprise ending after all. 

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 5

• The topic was locked