Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

45 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I'm too tired to self-censor my comment so I won't say anything :D 

Good night, good people.  

He does seem a bit legless lol

10 hours ago, Grey Area said:

Also illogical is why @Alchopwn source would release this info to a single person for them to then go release it on a public forum but not had it officially released.

That's easy.  I went to Russia years ago.  I have friends over there.  I also have the means to contact them.  My source/s is/are persons I met.  I cannot release their identities because I don't want to potentially get them in trouble.

13 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Provide all of your info to US/NATO so we can get that no-fly zone set up then. Let's go!!

I already have actually.  They took the info to the latest US/Russia meeting if I've been told the truth.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Grey Area said:

Yes, this would be HUGE?  And raises so many questions.

As it stands, the ONLY source of this information, information that if publicly known, and confirmed, would be global news, is @Alchopwn

Nope, I've let people in NATO know too.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Nope, I've let people in NATO know too.

Forgive me if I am having trouble coming to terms with the idea that you’re the one providing NATO with this kind of intel. 

Incidentally, have any of you considered why the Russians are launching rockets at Ukraine of the sort that carry nukes, but they have their warheads removed?  Yes, it's psychological warfare, but also the warheads are being repaired because they're all worthless., and the rockets are being used to try to flood Ukraine's missile defense, but they also can't be replaced.  If the war keeps going Russia may have a few working nukes again eventually. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Forgive me if I am having trouble coming to terms with the idea that you’re the one providing NATO with this kind of intel. 

Knowing lots of languages is a useful skill, and I am a professional translator.  I have travelled extensively and met lots of people.  I have no idea if NATO is going to take my intel seriously, but I have provided it.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Incidentally, have any of you considered why the Russians are launching rockets at Ukraine of the sort that carry nukes, but they have their warheads removed?  Yes, it's psychological warfare, but also the warheads are being repaired because they're all worthless., and the rockets are being used to try to flood Ukraine's missile defense, but they also can't be replaced.  If the war keeps going Russia may have a few working nukes again eventually. 

I don’t know why they’re removing the warheads from these missiles, but I’m reasonably confident that neither one of us has access to the sort of intel behind the reason either. It’s all speculation. 

1 minute ago, Alchopwn said:

How do you think human intelligence works? Lesson 1: You get people drunk, they get boastful, you learn things, you tell people who would find that info valuable all about it.

It is not rocket science.

You’re right, I just don’t believe that you’ve “already told NATO” about this… even less so that you’d discuss it openly in a public forum.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

You’re right, I just don’t believe that you’ve “already told NATO” about this… even less so that you’d discuss it openly in a public forum.

Why wouldn't I tell people about it?  Nobody believes me. :lol:

As a private citizen, if I can get the info anyone potentially can, they just haven't.  Russia leaks like a sieve.  They are inveterate gossips.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Knowing lots of languages is a useful skill, and I am a professional translator.  I have travelled extensively and met lots of people.  I have no idea if NATO is going to take my intel seriously, but I have provided it.

I get the feeling that they would get intel on something of this magnitude through means beyond anecdotes. Something of the nature of the working condition of nukes would probably be probed much more extensively down more sophisticated avenues. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

As a private citizen, if I can get the info anyone potentially can, they just haven't.  Russia leaks like a sieve.  They are inveterate gossips.

I will side with the idea that Russia certainly does have working nukes and that’s why NATO still hasn’t set up a no fly zone. I could be wrong but that seems much more probable to me. Sorry, dude. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

That's easy.  I went to Russia years ago.  I have friends over there.  I also have the means to contact them.  My source/s is/are persons I met.  I cannot release their identities because I don't want to potentially get them in trouble.

Well people have been assassinated for much much less in Russia.

I would suggest you encourage your friend to get out of Russia as soon as they can.  Tracing the source of the information you have disseminated, and placed in the hands of NATO directly would not be too difficult.

This would make the basis for a great Tom Clancy novel, if NATO don’t take this seriously, there’s a backup for you.  ‘The Hunt for Red October’s Working Nuke’.

• Like 3

....Putin added that global criticism of strikes that have left millions without electricity and water at the start of winter would "not interfere with our combat missions”. 

He justified the move by accusing Kyiv of blowing up power lines from the Kursk nuclear power plant and not supplying water to Donetsk in eastern Ukraine.

"Not supplying water to a city of more than a million people is an act of genocide," Putin said.

Watch: Champagne-drinking Putin vows to fire more missiles at Ukraine (msn.com)

Edited by pellinore

16 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

So it doesn't matter who is Alchopwn's source, what matters is that the info fits the situation. It is logical, therefore it is convincing. 

Here I for once disagree with you. Putin's reluctance to use nukes is, imo, nothing to do whether he believes they will work or not. It is because he has been told, and believes, that the use of them by him will result in the near instantaneous destruction of his military by conventional weapons, and him as well. At the moment he can just about blag Russia is a superpower. That bluff would be called if he ever stuck to his "red lines".

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Do I believe someone with specialized and classified information about either Russian or NATO military capabilities would be posting about it on a forum like this? No, I don't. 

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

My friend all I can say based upon 33 years working in the Military and US Government as a contractor with a TS-SBI / SCI Security Clearance I would be under arrest and in jail for discriminating information like this online. I also must say that even if I was absolutely certain the information was accurate due to all the training I have received over the years in OBSEC I would never post this type of information publicly online because it violates all my training in proper security practices!:yes:

You said you contacted NATO, did you contact SUPREME HEADQUARTERS
ALLIED POWERS EUROPE ( Shape Headquarters) threat assessment?

If what you say is true your living very dangerously!:yes:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, pellinore said:

That bluff would be called if he ever stuck to his "red lines".

At the moment, I think they're more likely to be "brown lines".

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

My friend all I can say based upon 33 years working in the Military and US Government as a contractor with a TS-SBI / SCI Security Clearance I would be under arrest and in jail for discriminating information like this online. I also must say that even if I was absolutely certain the information was accurate due to all the training I have received over the years in OBSEC I would never post this type of information publicly online because it violates all my training in proper security practices!:yes:

You said you contacted NATO, did you contact SUPREME HEADQUARTERS
ALLIED POWERS EUROPE ( Shape Headquarters) threat assessment?

If what you say is true your living very dangerously!:yes:

Thanks for weighing in on this.

Not to Labour this point too much, but if Russia’s nukes are non-functional, that negates decades of M.A.D. Doctrine and means that Western nuclear powers all have absolute first strike capability over Russia, this is THE BE ALL AND END ALL of the Cold War conflict and its extension into modern day Russian relations.

Obviously, the logical response to your post is that like their nukes Russian security has broken down significantly, but given that the removal of first strike capability has been the focus for so long, I just don’t buy that it would be neglected so comprehensively.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There seems to be an awful lot of talk that the fire in Moscow is an insurance fraud by the russian mafia/mall owners. Whilst this may or may not be true, it is sure to be a good psychological propaganda incident. 

Or false flag?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pellinore said:

Careless cigarette disposal, insurance fraud, or is Ukraine responsible?

Ukronazis, gay satanists and cia biolab mosquitos. :wub:

• Haha 3

• The topic was locked