Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

14 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

There will be no partitioning of Ukraine. 

Even russians understood that by now. 

It's beyond ridiculous that such narrative is still being spammed in the USA.  

The fact remains that Russia controls a quarter of Ukraine. U.S. General Mark Milley came out and admitted Russia can't be pushed out of Ukraine in 2023.

There might be no ''official'' partitioning of Ukraine but the situation on the ground will speak for itself.

Edited by Occult1
  • Like 1

The United States is planning to dramatically ramp up production of a key artillery round that Ukraine has used to beat back Russia's full-scale invasion of the country, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

Under the latest proposal, the US aims to within two years produce up to 90,000 rounds 155mm of ammunition every month, The Times reported, citing a US Army report.….

……The increase comes after some US officials have expressed concern that US aid to Ukraine has depleted the country's stockpile of the ammunition. Last summer, one defense official told The Wall Street Journal that the country's supply of 155mm rounds was "uncomfortably low" and "not at the level we would like to go into combat."….

……Currently, the US produces just over 14,000 rounds of 155mm ammunition every month. As The Washington Post reported last month, Ukrainian forces have previously fired that many rounds in the span of 48 hours.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pentagon-increasing-production-of-155mm-artillery-shells-2023-1

44 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

So then, senile Biden must have thought the deal he was rejecting included pilots? Because like you say, he clearly says “pilots”.  Why did Joe say that if pilots weren’t being sent???

Or maybe a better question is why would Joe reject sending Jets if his objection was hinged on including pilots? 

Hi El

Why does Biden need people to tell him when to sit? You really should make up your mind about how you represent what Biden says or does as you are constantly dogging him in the US threads which are still part of this forum so it’s not like you are making those comments in a different country where we can’t see what you are doing.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

But Ukraine is also suffering enormous casualties in the battle and expending tremendous amounts of artillery ammunition daily – a style of fighting that the US does not believe is sustainable. In terms of sheer volume, Russia still has more artillery ammunition and manpower, with the paramilitary organization Wagner Groupusing thousands of convicts to “throw bodies” at the battle, the Western intelligence official said.

US officials are hoping the latest delivery of armored equipment and the newly expanded training for Ukrainian forces in Germany will encourage Ukraine to shift its tactics.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/24/politics/ukraine-shift-tactics-bakhmut/index.html

Hi El

The majority of Ukrainian casualties is civilians that Russia targets and not military personnel 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

The fact remains that Russia controls a quarter of Ukraine. U.S. General Mark Milley came out and admitted Russia can't be pushed out of Ukraine in 2023.

There might be no ''official'' partitioning of Ukraine but the situation on the ground will speak for itself.

At best Russia occupies about 15% of Ukraine of which a lot of it can easily be cut off and liberated.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

That is incorrect. Care to try again?

Chairman Milley said it will be difficult not flat out impossible. You do like to try and embellish actual quotes and information, don't you?

https://www.newsweek.com/us-general-mark-milley-warns-ejecting-russia-ukraine-will-very-difficult-2023-crimea-1775463

"From a military standpoint, I still maintain that for this year it would be very, very difficult to militarily eject the Russian forces from...every inch of Russian-occupied Ukraine," Milley said. "That doesn't mean it can't happen—doesn't mean it won't happen, but it'd be very, very difficult."

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

At best Russia occupies about 15% of Ukraine of which a lot of it can easily be cut off and liberated.

15% of Ukraine is more than 90,000 square kilometres of territory, roughly the size of Portugal or Jordan. Still a lot of land.

If it could be easily recaptured, it would already have been done. The U.S. doesn't believe it can even be attempted this year.

4 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

I've got no idea what's the reason for Gen Milley's always extra pessimist takes, but since Ukrainians don't worry about them, neither should I. 

There will be no partitioning of Ukraine. 

Especially not the - so popular among trumpkins - division of Ukraine into eastern and western half.

Ukrainians will throw you out, even if they have to impale each single orc on a fork and toss it over the border. 

It won't come to that, though, you're out in the summer/autumn this year. 

Speaking of situation on the ground, 900+ dead orcs yesterday, 700+ today, 14 tanks, 30 APCs. Ukraine is squashing russian invaders at increasing rate. 

Also, russians imply their tanks are no match for Ukrainian tanks, so they're giving their zombies another fairytale to cling on to... 

Rogozin is that sour old nazi who got shot in the ass in Donbas. 

Kidding. He was actually hit in the groin. And nothing of value was lost. 

1 minute ago, Occult1 said:

15% of Ukraine is more than 90,000 square kilometres of territory, roughly the size of Portugal or Jordan. Still a lot of land.

If it could be easily recaptured, it would already have been done. The U.S. doesn't believe it can even be attempted this year.

Ok. Then 2024 it is.

13 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Nice dog. What breed?

https://www.loveyourdog.com/staffordshire-terrier-vs-pitbull/

I think it's either a Pit Bull or an American Staffordshire Terrier.

As a funny aside, back in 2008 I visited the little village of Yaroslavl, Russia.  I'd made a friend online and was invited to come visit for a week.  Her family had an American Staffordshire Terrier named Daric :)   He was like most of this breed.  He looked ferocious but he was a big old cupcake :P  He and I made fast friends.  Her parents and brother were amazed because he had never gotten along that well OR that quickly with anyone else.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

So then, senile Biden must have thought the deal he was rejecting included pilots? Because like you say, he clearly says “pilots”.  Why did Joe say that if pilots weren’t being sent???

Or maybe a better question is why would Joe reject sending Jets if his objection was hinged on including pilots? 

Pilots aren't getting sent. Ukrainians will be trained in Europe and USA as normal. He's said American boots aren't going on tbe ground.

• Like 3

Just now, Helen of Annoy said:

God give me strength to resist the temptation... 

I'm only back on here for a bit cause I got another day or so until my twitter ban is over. Vatniks don't like me on there for some reason :huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I don't think this is entirely accurate. Do you have side by side comparison of casualties vetted by a third-party source? What "tactics" do you see changing? Or I should say, what tactically speaking will change how they conduct operations in the theatre?

CNN, the most trusted name in news.

The number of casualties is elusive at best https://unherd.com/thepost/whats-the-truth-about-casualty-numbers-in-ukraine/

I don’t know what tactics were specifically being referred to, just a suggestion that US officials see the current tactics as needing correction, 

1 minute ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

I'm only back on here for a bit cause I got another day or so until my twitter ban is over. Vatniks don't like me on there for some reason :huh:

My baby got banned :nw: I'm so proud of you :wub:

Keep bonking, aunty is below radar there, but you know you've got my toilet plunger :yes: 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Especially not the - so popular among trumpkins - division of Ukraine into eastern and western half.

Many people perceive the Ukrainian conflict as a redo of the Korean proxy war between the U.S. and Russia (USSR).

One solution to end the conflict would be to draw a new border between Western/North Ukraine and Eastern/South Ukraine, including demilitarizing the zone between the two nations.

Edited by Occult1

12 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

So you are wrong again.  Got it.

Moving on....

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Oh man Twitter ain't good for your mental. (But then again maybe UM isn't either :ph34r: lol)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Helen of Annoy said:

My baby got banned :nw: I'm so proud of you :wub:

Keep bonking, aunty is below radar there, but you know you've got my toilet plunger :yes: 

Been blocked by plenty of vantiks and tankies :wub:

Been a nice break of twitter to be honest think I needed it. Spend alot of hours on that site! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Occult1 said:

Many people perceive the Ukrainian conflict as a redo of the Korean proxy war.

One solution to end the conflict would be to draw a new border between Western/North Ukraine and Eastern/South Ukraine, including demilitarizing the zone between the two nations.

That's vatniks, not people. People have higher cognitive functions and realize Ukraine and Korea are not the same type of situation. (Starting maybe with the fact that the world has changed somewhat in the last 70 years.)

There will be no partition of Ukraine. None. 

russia will be thrown out of Ukraine. The sooner they **** off, the more orc lives they will save. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

I think you are probably correct.  The biggest unknown is how much more blood the ground will soak up before some sanity returns.  I believe Vlad was sold the idea that the rest of Ukraine could be rolled up like Crimea was and now that his war has turned into a meatgrinder, there is no way out but victory, no matter what that requires.  All wars end through negotiations.  Even the "unconditional surrender" of Japan, had a few twists and understandings regarding the Mikado.

The excuse to continue this until Russia is forced out of Crimea is because he will come back again and again if he isn't stopped now.  What they ignore is the horrific costs this has had for HIS power and military.  If a peace is signed and Russia continues on a path to larger mobilization and weapons procurement there is no reason the west couldn't openly move into Ukraine to help train and equip them so that the cost of invading again would simply be unthinkable.  The course they're on now will inevitably leave all of the major urban areas totally destroyed.

2 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

CNN, the most trusted name in news.

The number of casualties is elusive at best https://unherd.com/thepost/whats-the-truth-about-casualty-numbers-in-ukraine/

I don’t know what tactics were specifically being referred to, just a suggestion that US officials see the current tactics as needing correction, 

I try not to use CNN or Fox for any of those reports. They tend to be very "fluid" and very western skewed.

The current tactical situation has benefitted the Ukrainian forces with minor shifts in force allocation by region. The overall plan has been working and the more engagement by Russian forces in the south was anticipated. recommendations were more prevalent in the first 120 days of the war. Surprisingly, several operations that were tremendously successful were organic to the Ukrainian military and intelligence apparatus planning and executing without US or Western influence.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Many people perceive the Ukrainian conflict as a redo of the Korean proxy war between the U.S. and Russia (USSR).

Or ruzzia leaves Ukraine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi El

Why does Biden need people to tell him when to sit? You really should make up your mind about how you represent what Biden says or does as you are constantly dogging him in the US threads which are still part of this forum so it’s not like you are making those comments in a different country where we can’t see what you are doing.

Why does Biden need people to tell him to sit? So, you are saying Biden is incompetent? 

Im not sure why you are referring to the US threads or why I would care if people can see “what I’m doing” in it. In fact, several of the posters in this thread are active in the US thread also. We are no strangers to each other. Not sure why you think this is surprising. 

15 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Considering the ground never froze in southern Ukraine that does make doing an offensive rather difficult.

Even then you still were off in your claim with trying to say that Russia was occupying close to twice as much land as they actually are but it isnt surprising coming from you as you frequently ignore facts and reality to make Russia look better or push pro-Russian propaganda and misinformation 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• The topic was locked