Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

2 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

I'll make sure to remind you of this when you are later proven wrong like with Ukranian aur defense being destroyed, Ukranian airforce being destroyed, Russia having air superiority over Ukraine, and Russia on the verge of taking multiple cities or about to have a massive breakthrough and about to destroy the Ukranian military.

All of which were true before NATO stepped in to replenish Ukraine's stockpiles.

3 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

All of which were true before NATO stepped in to replenish Ukraine's stockpiles.

Hellooouu..what else were they supposed to do? Watch the russians killing millions??? Here is MY point: If NATO and the west were not helping Ukraine then NATO and the west would be equaly responsible for every innocent life taken by the russians. End of story.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, odas said:

Russia does not have to be defeated in russia, just defeated in Ukraine, you know, the souvereign country they attacked.

I don't see that as possible. For the reason that a military defeat in Ukraine would be an existential threat for Russia.

Which is why this conflict has the potential to blow up to WW3 proportion. Russia has a lot more to lose than the West.

There will be no concessions. Concessions only delay another bigger war. I know that first hand. WE, in bosnia did that mistake. Ukraine cannot and will not fall for it as Zelensky himself stated using bosnia as an example.

I don't believe Ukraine will fall, since NATO has become an active participant in this conflict. It will still exist as a sovereign, pro-West state.

But Russia will gnaw most of eastern and southern Ukraine and claim a victory by securing all the annexed territories.

Edited by Occult1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

Why does Biden need people to tell him to sit? So, you are saying Biden is incompetent? 

Im not sure why you are referring to the US threads or why I would care if people can see “what I’m doing” in it. In fact, several of the posters in this thread are active in the US thread also. We are no strangers to each other. Not sure why you think this is surprising. 

El do us a favor and keep the Biden rhetoric in the US threads. It serves no real purpose here. You may cherry pick occasional quotes, but it really does not serve any greater contribution in this discussion besides your own political signaling. Thank you in advance.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

I don't see that as possible. For the reason that a military defeat in Ukraine would be an existential threat for Russia.

Which is why this conflict has the potential to blow up to WW3 proportion. Russia has a lot more to lose than the West.

I don't believe Ukraine will fall, since NATO has become an active participant in this conflict. It will still exist as a sovereign, pro-West state.

But Russia will gnaw most of eastern and southern Ukraine and claim a victory by securing all the annexed territories.

I'm sorry, what NATO units are operating in Ukraine and directly against Russian forces? I think you should rethink your use of "active participant". 

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I'm sorry, what NATO units are operating in Ukraine and directly against Russian forces? I think you should rethink your use of "active participant". 

NATO is providing billions in weapons and ammunition, provide military combat training to Ukrainian forces, share important, 'real-time' intelligence, now is sending their best tanks.

Ukraine has become a de facto member of the Nato alliance. They are equipped and trained to the same standard, if not better than other NATO countries.

Ukraine defence minister: We are a de facto member of Nato alliance

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64255249

I think that clearly makes NATO an active participant, in a proxy war with Russia.

Edited by Occult1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

NATO is providing billions in weapons, provide military combat training to Ukrainian forces, share important, 'real-time' intelligence, now is sending their best tanks.

I think that makes NATO an active participant, in a proxy war with Russia.

Active would mean they are deployed and engaging Russian forces. 

But to entertain your flawed logic, that makes Iran and China actively participants as well, correct? They can be sanctioned and tried for war crimes as participants, correct?

Silliness is alive and well today in this thread, sheesh.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

whose fault is that? 
OHH WAIT… yes. Russia’s. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

NATO is providing billions in weapons and ammunitions, provide military combat training to Ukrainian forces, share important, 'real-time' intelligence, now is sending their best tanks.

Ukraine has become a de facto member of the Nato alliance. They are equipped and trained to the same standard, if not better than other NATO countries.

I think that makes NATO an active participant, in a proxy war with Russia.

No ****, Sherlock. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

No ****, Sherlock. 

@Trelane is still in denial mode. Still wants to believe that Ukraine is fighting Russia all on it's own.

Edited by Occult1

1 minute ago, Occult1 said:

@Trelane is still in denial mode.

Denial is all yours. Not even russians believe in the stuff you profess. 

russians know they've lost. It's just that they've got no idea what to do now. 

Their propaganda was impotent rage only since tanksgiving day.

(What scares the crap out of them more than Western tanks is the absence of fear in the West.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Been blocked by plenty of vantiks and tankies :wub:

Been a nice break of twitter to be honest think I needed it. Spend alot of hours on that site! :lol:

Haven't got Twitter or Instagram.  Would be divorced by now if I did...:D

• Haha 5

Regarding irrelevant but stupid insisting that delivering equipment makes you an active participant of war, here's Laos, entering the war on russian side :lol: 

No, seriously... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

@Trelane is still in denial mode. Still wants to believe that Ukraine is fighting Russia all on it's own.

Very disingenuous of you, unsurprisingly. I'm not denying or debating they are receiving assistance.  They deserved support and are receiving it.

I am correcting you on the term "active participant" when it comes to engagement in a war. I'll use smaller words if that helps you.:tu:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, odas said:

How many is russia admiting to? Irrelevant how many we think, 50 million? What is russia saying about the numbers?

About the same that Ukraine is admitting to. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Russo-Ukrainian_War

Best case scenario the both government’s (Ukraine and Russia) numbers are most accurate as they seem the lowest. However, both have a vested interests in skewing the numbers, 

1 minute ago, Black Red Devil said:

Haven't got Twitter or Instagram.  Would be divorced by now if I did...:D

twatter is great for quick info. 

But the algorithm is so hilariously pro-russian lately... precious... like it can help russia. We're beyond propaganda reach now, everyone's got firm opinion, sides were chosen, alliances defined. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

It is.  There are some mercinaries but the majority of its armed forces are Ukranian. Russia receives equipment from China, Iran, North Korea.  The US sells weaponry to many/most countries in the world, does that mean the US is directly involved in every war on the planet? (Maybe secretly the CIA is but not the Govt officially :P)

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Trelane said:

El do us a favor and keep the Biden rhetoric in the US threads. It serves no real purpose here. You may cherry pick occasional quotes, but it really does not serve any greater contribution in this discussion besides your own political signaling. Thank you in advance.

It wasn’t me who defended Biden’s contradiction based on the pretext that he “needs to be told to sit”,  I’m more than happy to discuss the escalation rather than Biden, 

Do me a favor and comment on the point being presented and not the person making the point, Thank you in advance. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

It wasn’t me who defended Biden’s contradiction based on the pretext that he “needs to be told to sit”,  I’m more than happy to discuss the escalation rather than Biden, 

Do me a favor and comment on the point being presented and not the person making the point, Thank you in advance. 

No, but you have been the one to consistently initiate and bring in your slant in this thread. Which again, serves no real greater purpose in this particular thread. Thanks for reading my comment.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Trelane said:

No, but you have been the one to consistently initiate and bring in your slant in this thread. Which again, serves no real greater purpose in this particular thread. Thanks for reading my comment.

I have hardly even posted in this thread recently. By “my slant” do you mean opposing the war? If not please explain.

Rheinmetall announced they're ready to provide a lot of ammo for Leopards. 

I know everyone knows that already, I just enjoy typing this :D 

20 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

@Trelane

He's sealioning you. 

If you guys don’t want to address the things I post, then please by all mean don’t. But stop addressing my character and making personal attacks also. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

I am correcting you on the term "active participant" when it comes to engagement in a war. I'll use smaller words if that helps you.:tu:

Boots on the ground are not required for active participation in a conflict. NATO still wants to keep the veneer of plausible deniability and avoid a full-scale war with Russia.

The Ukrainian Armed Forces are a NATO Army in all but name, minus the air support. They have gradually switched to NATO-standard equipment and received the proper training. It's a hybrid war.

There is little doubt that NATO military advisers are involved in all the important strategic decisions and might even be calling the shots at this point.

Edited by Occult1

• The topic was locked