Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

8 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

…you got it all wrong mate. Putin was 4 year’s too late in his invasion of Ukraine. If it wasn’t for Covid Trump would have been re-elected and the world and Ukraine very different. In many ways Covid was a blessing and curse. 

Maybe so, that sure could be.  Putin did ride out any outrage over Crimea, that might have given him the feeling that he could move without the West's intervention.  Did he miss the best opportunity?  I would agree he might have fared better if he had been ready sooner.  I don't know what was going on in Russia during that time.  But covid did happen, and the world turns and opportunities change. Did anybody predict covid? Were Russia's supply chains also throttled by covid?

Putin could have been planning for a Spring offensive assuming Trump would be be reelected in November.   Snow and cold weather over, mud dries out, good time for an invasion. How does he weigh his chances against Sleepy Joe?  Maybe he thinks he can easily outmaneuver Biden. He still has help from Trump stirring up chaos and division in the US.  Jan. 6 must have brought some chuckles from the Kremlin.  

I am not saying Trump was consciously assisting Putin, no indeed. Trump was acting in his own self interest.  Putin could just make good use of it. No matter who is president, the weaker and more divided the US is, the better for Putin.

But of course, I could be completely wrong.  I doubt Putin will ever write a memoir about it.

• Like 4

And a little something that explains Trump's behaviour, including his stubborn following of russian narrative.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

That b**** is about to be surprised :lol:  Just kidding, even she knows she's blathering stupidities, but it's how their regimes work. 

By the way, all the imbeciles who think russia is their ally, NK is the level you've sunk to complete with your inexhaustible russia.  

• Like 2

If only these pro-orcs in the US knew how abysmally stupid they seem to Eastern EUropeans. 

The stupidest traitors in history of treason and human history is full of treason. But such wilful stupidity is quite rare.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Let me humorously exaggerate a bit: there's so much Western stuff going to Ukraine it causes traffic jams in Poland :D 

• Like 3

:D See, they wastefully and irresponsibly crashed a whole helicopter, instead of just safely throwing the nuisance out of it. I rest my case regarding the scandalizing over my earlier, obviously prudent suggestions involving helicopters.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It wasn't Lavrov in that helicopter. He's in Eritrea, as a part of his tour around Africa, visiting russian allies. Another turf for which official russian regime will compete with prigozhin. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
clarification. it's now less clear. oh, well.

I'm posting this just to make an average trumper incel pro-orc cry :yes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

How would Trump go about imposing such a thing? Lol.

Ukraine had offered a 15 years moratorium to negotiate the status of the Crimean Peninsula back in march 22.

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3443041-ukraine-offers-15year-talks-with-russia-on-status-of-crimea.html

Since territorial deputes over Crimea are unlikely to be resolved in this generation, this is a compromise both sides could agree on.

Ukraine will not take back Crimea by force and Russia would probably go nuclear over it. Trump wouldn't impose anything, he would only accept the status quo.

Edited by Occult1

12 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

over Crimea are unlikely to be resolved in this generation

in this generation of fruit flies, it won't be resolved. 

Crimea is Ukraine. russian illegal occupation will end this year, most likely.

And russia can't go nuclear even if it wanted to because maintaining 1,500 nukes costs the USA as much as entire russian military budget. There's zero chance russians maintained their nukes, even if they actually spent military budget on their military, which they never do.  

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

850 dead orcs in the last 24 hours and yet, no vatnik is demanding that russia stops wasting lives and goes home. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Ukraine had offered a 15 years moratorium to negotiate the status of the Crimean Peninsula back in march 22.

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3443041-ukraine-offers-15year-talks-with-russia-on-status-of-crimea.html

Since territorial deputes over Crimea are unlikely to be resolved in this generation, this is a compromise both sides could agree on.

Ukraine will not take back Crimea by force and Russia would probably go nuclear over it. Trump wouldn't impose anything, he would only accept the status quo.

I am really really really trying to keep Trump and whatoubouts out of this but you keep on pushing it. 

Yes, Trump would not impose anything if he was still president. That is the point. He likely already gave Putin the green light or better he was told to keep quiet. Honestly, no point bringing Trump up anymore. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

in this generation of fruit flies, it won't be resolved. 

Crimea is Ukraine. russian illegal occupation will end this year, most likely.

And russia can't go nuclear even if it wanted to because maintaining 1,500 nukes costs the USA as much as entire russian military budget. There's zero chance russians maintained their nukes, even if they actually spent military budget on their military, which they never do.  

Crimea is a lot more embedded within the Russian federation than are the 4 recently annexed territories (Donetsk, Kherson, Luhansk and Zaporizhzhia oblasts.)

The threat of losing Crimea would no doubt be perceived by the Kremlin as an existential threat.

This is a concern that has also been raised by Elon Musk, who blocked Starlink in Crimea over fears of a nuclear escalation.

Edited by Occult1

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

If only these pro-orcs in the US knew how abysmally stupid they seem to Eastern EUropeans. 

The stupidest traitors in history of treason and human history is full of treason. But such wilful stupidity is quite rare.  

The guy is an attention seeking prick. I'm waiting to get blocked by the man child.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, odas said:

I am really really really trying to keep Trump and whatoubouts out of this but you keep on pushing it. 

Yes, Trump would not impose anything if he was still president. That is the point. He likely already gave Putin the green light or better he was told to keep quiet. Honestly, no point bringing Trump up anymore. 

I would agree with you but Trump himself came out and claimed he could end this war in 24h. We should pay attention.

Are our current leaders keeping this war going on purpose, regardless of the risks of escalation and WW3? To what end?

Edited by Occult1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Crimea is a lot more embedded within the Russian federation than are the 4 recently annexed territories (Donetsk, Kherson, Luhansk and Zaporizhzhia oblasts.)

The threat of losing Crimea would no doubt be perceived by the Kremlin as an existential threat.

This is a concern that has also been raised by Elon Musk, who blocked Starlink in Crimea over fears of a nuclear escalation.

Musk keeps spouting undiluted russian propaganda and the algorithm on twatter is so pro-russian it's comical. 

Will that help russia keep occupying Crimea?

Of course not. It only helps cement Musk as one of the most prominent pro-russians in Africa. Yes, I know he immigrated to the West, but he's clearly more African than Western, judging by his worship of russia. (Yes, I'm having some morbid fun.) 

If Musk blocks Starlink for Ukrainians again, in the light of recent changes in Western attitude towards russian open war against Ukraine, which is a part of russian hybrid war against the West, I think he'll have his increasingly irrational ass brought back to the ground. 

Because this is so much bigger than any individual or business enterprise alone. And from purely cynical point of view, the industries that are now interested in winning the war against russia are much, much more resilient than Musk's extravaganzas. Not to mention these are run by people who actually know what they're doing. 

What is even more important is that this war is out of propaganda phase. Hearts and minds were won, or to be more precise, they were shown. (It's impossible to make a sane human being support russia, just like it's impossible to make a psychopath let go of their fantasy of genocidal russia plunging us all into darkness.) 

So refuting pro-orc stupidities is not even necessary anymore. I'm just here to toss you around while you're still showing signs of quasi-political life :)  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

The guy is an attention seeking prick. I'm waiting to get blocked by the man child.

I can already picture him crying in court, claiming he's too stupid to realize what he's doing so he's not guilty, those who took advantage of his cognitive difficulties are to be blamed. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

I would agree with you but Trump himself came out and claimed he could end this war in 24h. We should pay attention.

This explains a lot.  Listening to crazy crack pots and  delusional despots is the reason for being ill informed.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Are our current leaders keeping this war going on purpose, regardless of the risks of escalation and WW3? To what end?

It's your current leaders, from poopler to Kim, not mine.

russia alone started this war and russia alone is the reason why this war is not over yet. russia has to **** out of Ukraine, that's when the war will stop. No matter what it takes, russia cannot and must not win. It would be the defeat and death of Western civilization.

So as far as I'm concerned, and overwhelming majority of Eastern Europeans, yes, WWIII, please, bring it on. Let's end this **** at last. We're more worried that this thing will sizzle out and russia will slither away as if losing the war is enough to let them rearm and attack again in 2 or 20 years. No, no, no. 100 years... no, 400 years of this **** stops this year.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Yes, that was very possible if Trump had been re-elected.  So you subscribe to the theory that the United States would have allowed Russia to launch a surprise attack and invasion of a sovereign nation and threatened NATO with consequences if they assisted in the defense of a sovereign nation on their border?  You are probably right.

No, I think Trump would have told them he would deploy NATO into Ukraine.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

No, I think Trump would have told them he would deploy NATO into Ukraine.

Don't think, Cookie. You know you head hurts after you try thinking. 

Kidding. 

I love it when you think, so think just a little harder and tell me, what NATO would Trump deploy if his attempt to dismantle it was successful? 

NATO is obsolete said Trump. His groupies may pretend they forgot that their Trump outed them so blatantly, but no one who knows why NATO is important will ever forget that. Or forgive. Or treat it as a minor slip of an idiot tongue. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• The topic was locked