Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

23 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Now’s a perfect time for the Americans to create the conditions for a cease fire. Believe me the last thing Europe and the old Soviet republics want is a strong mobilisation of conventional Russian forces battle hardened and ready to go. 

Russia is a unique country that doesn’t fit into the paradigm of a normal country. Only America and China have the same distinction. 

Hi UT

Russia has shown they are not all that and a bag of chips, I doubt that this close to home with a major conflict that they could even win in their own country as they have no infrastructure to accommodate ease of transport. If their infrastructure was being hit like they have done in the Ukraine they would be rapidly neutralized.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Al

Given how things are progressing it makes me think that with their infrastructure that they would be ill prepared to defend their country during an invasion in their own country. I am not suggesting that anyone should invade them but was thinking that most of their conflicts have been with small countries that didn’t have them means to defend themselves other than when they went into Afghanistan where they couldn’t gain traction. Yes they may have done better in some countries where they worked in unison with a host country in past when they were not working alone but were supplying weapons and manpower co-operatively making them look stronger.

If say an alliance of small absorbed nations worked together from within Russia then they couldn’t use nuke within their own borders and using missiles and drones would put many of their own civilians at risk from their own defences in trying to quell insurrection especially while in conflict with the Ukraine.

They aren't worried about their own civilians , the population don't know what's happening ,  in their own country never mind Ukraine , if there was an uprising it would be stopped by force ,and that means killing their own people .The state blocks all incoming media .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pellinore said:

Russia may not have invaded Ukraine if Brexit had not happened, senior MEP Guy Verhofstadt has said on the third anniversary of the UK’s withdrawal from the EU.

Mr Verhofstadt – the European parliament’s former Brexit coordinator – suggested Vladimir Putin calculated that the continent was not united on defence after the UK’s exit from the bloc.

“This war, this brutal invasion started with Putin and Russia,” he told LBC. “It’s really an attempt by Putin to restore the old Soviet Union. The only difference is the communist party is replaced with his own cronies.”

Russia wouldn’t have invaded Ukraine without Brexit, suggests top MEP (msn.com)

Verhofstadt is talking a load of B.S. as he has been doing even when we in the E.U. Brexit has nothing to do with the invasion of Ukraine , but Putin is trying to get restoration of the U.S.S.R , but that will never happen .

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

Verhofstadt is talking a load of B.S. as he has been doing even when we in the E.U. Brexit has nothing to do with the invasion of Ukraine , but Putin is trying to get restoration of the U.S.S.R , but that will never happen .

Brexit is one of the reasons (certainly not the only reason) why poopler thought that the West won't be united in response to russian aggression.  

poopler was, of course, wrong. Brexit is a British thing (or half a British thing because half of Brits wanted to remain) that does get on many people's nerves (yes, mine too) but it had no effect and did not diminish military cooperation in the West. Which is the most urgent thing right now. 

russia also inadvertently helped UK and EU smooth the relations after Brexit. It's just too stupid to spite an ally in such moment in history. We can spite each other later :)   

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Brexit is one of the reasons (certainly not the only reason) why poopler thought that the West won't be united in response to russian aggression.  

poopler was, of course, wrong. Brexit is a British thing (or half a British thing because half of Brits wanted to remain) that does get on many people's nerves (yes, mine too) but it had no effect and did not diminish military cooperation in the West. Which is the most urgent thing right now. 

russia also inadvertently helped UK and EU smooth the relations after Brexit. It's just too stupid to spite an ally in such moment in history. We can spite each other later :)   

Brexit was a general unhappiness at immigration levels, it had nothing to do with Russia.

Britain is a NATO member, NATO wants to put Russia in its place, the war happened, so we help. Its that easy. Russia hates us for it on their TV, more than they hate the USA because we are pulling most of the strings lol.

Thats what happens when you nerve gas a load of people on our territory!!! We mess with you big time lol.

5 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Russia had nothing to do with Brexit , the British people (against Gov't wishes ) being a democracy , decided that we had enough of Germany and France dictating policy in the E.U. so democracy won the day and we left , forcing the Prime Minister to resign ,which was a good thing ,but since then we haven't had a good Prime minister who is able to "steady the Boat" , and the guy in charge now ,is not up to British standards ,and this will go on until someone steps up and takes over properly which may be a long time coming as non of the Parties have a good leader . Too much infighting .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spud the mackem said:

Russia had nothing to do with Brexit , the British people (against Gov't wishes ) being a democracy , decided that we had enough of Germany and France dictating policy in the E.U. so democracy won the day and we left , forcing the Prime Minister to resign ,which was a good thing ,but since then we haven't had a good Prime minister who is able to "steady the Boat" , and the guy in charge now ,is not up to British standards ,and this will go on until someone steps up and takes over properly which may be a long time coming as non of the Parties have a good leader . Too much infighting .

I've got different opinion of Brexit, but Brexit or no Brexit, the fact is that the UK helped Ukraine among the first and remains reliable Ukrainian and generally European ally. 

Not to go off topic. 

Johnson is a superstar in Ukraine, deservedly. When he visited again the other day, I wasn't surprised at all. And he brought some really good news. Tanksgiving day followed really soon :D 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Pellinore

Maybe there are some economic restructuring that is affecting Britain more so than the west but as far as weakening solidarity on defence it doesn’t appear to be the case.

I agree with you absolutely.

• Like 1

What russians with their "resistance is futile" crap cannot understand is that they are choking on Ukraine, which they in their evil stupidity attempted to engulf. Everyone can see russia is not nearly that, what russian propaganda advertises. And while russian motive is personal gain, from the top command to the last toilet-bowl-stealing orc, Ukrainian dedication is something no one besides them can even fathom, let alone shake.  

Edited by Helen of Annoy

Today's overdose of russian projection: 

Lavrov says that NATO has long been directly involved in a hybrid war against russia. 

Yes, every day is an opposite day in russia. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, pellinore said:

I agree with you absolutely.

All the pro-EU brigade claiming Britain is doing badly due to Brexit.

The error in your thinking is listening too much to the TV combined with not living here to know any different. There is no economic collapse. We are doing exactly the same as anywhere else in the Western World.

We have low unemployment, and high energy and food prices are nothing to do with Brexit. They also effect all countries at the moment.

Kitties! ^_^

There're also those videos I can't post but it doesn't matter because who hasn't seen a flying orc already? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

russia is especially jealous of Zelensky, because their poopler is an incompetent evil weakling compared to living legend Zelensky. 

russians tried to assassinate Zelensky in more than a dozen attempts, russian troll army keeps trying to badmouth Zelensky, and now, desperate that it all failed, they want to sell the narrative according to which fake friends of Ukraine recommend removing Zelensky from power out of fake care for his reputation (complete with imminent russian victory, lol).   

I’d imagine they’re extremely jealous of Zelensky who’s shown a brand of fortitude and honour unparalleled since Churchill. Doesn’t take away from the fact Ukraine will still need to compromise and anti semitism  being what it is I’m afraid Zelensky will be caste a villain. He needs to move quickly 

10 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

All the pro-EU brigade claiming Britain is doing badly due to Brexit.

The error in your thinking is listening too much to the TV combined with not living here to know any different. There is no economic collapse. We are doing exactly the same as anywhere else in the Western World.

We have low unemployment, and high energy and food prices are nothing to do with Brexit. They also effect all countries at the moment.

Manufacturing has collapsed in the UK

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/uk-car-production-collapses-lowest-000103622.html

1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

Fascinating how quickly you go to that Ukraine needs to surrender to Russia.  

Ukraine has liberated large parts of the country, the military of Ukraine continues to get stronger with further western training and weapon deliveries mean while the Russian military continues to throw away men and equipment on targets of limited strategic value and is forced to use a growing number of poorly trained and equipped conscripts and you want Ukraine to essentially surrender to Russia.  It is just utterly insane.

This isnt the mid 1800s to mid 1900s where numbers alone can win a war and that is about all Russia has.

Ukraine has probably lost more men and if not for western geostragic goals Ukraine would now be a rural wasteland. the problem with taking someone’s coin is you’re indebted to them. It’s that simple. The U.S. UK and Europe have their agenda and it doesn’t mean it’s the same as that if the people of Ukraine 

7 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Ignore the global chip shortage and coronavirus.

From your link:

The 10% drop is the worst performance since 1956, according to the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders. A struggle to get parts due to Covid and a semiconductor shortage have hit the industry worldwide, but the UK has also been hit by factory closures.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I see russian propaganda sticks to projecting russian woes and faults on Ukraine. 

It's russia that can't keep any of the territories they illegally occupied and will have to leave them. Not Ukraine that will have to cede an inch. By russian logic, russia leaving illegally occupied Ukrainian land is "ceding" land to Ukraine.

It's poopler that is already dead or dying and russia will have to replace him with "faceless committee" because the oligarchs can't agree who gets to be the tsar. Not to mention that none of them is ready to be the face of russian defeat. It would be best for russia to give poopler's face to the defeat and capitulation and then move on to plot the revenge under faceless committee. Brainless too. 

russian propaganda that poses as fake Ukrainian- and Western-friendly is particularly insidious and therefore particularly dangerous. 

But it's very easy to spot it - it still insists poopleristan is a superpower. 

What about Ukrainian propaganda? Shouldn’t that cancel out the Russia propaganda. Are you part of the Azov Brigade, Helen? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Unusual Tournament said:

I’d imagine they’re extremely jealous of Zelensky who’s shown a brand of fortitude and honour unparalleled since Churchill. Doesn’t take away from the fact Ukraine will still need to compromise and anti semitism  being what it is I’m afraid Zelensky will be caste a villain. He needs to move quickly 

Oooooh, anti-Semitism... sure, when everything else fails, point out that someone is Jewish. *facepalm* 

Yup, as Jewish as Jesus and russians just can't wrap their orc minds around the fact that they are the only anti-Semites here.

Have I posted Azov fighters who happen to be Jewish dancing yet? 

Remind me to find that clip, it's too cute.  

Zelensky is not going anywhere, you're wasting your time in such a bizarre manner it's a bit too much even for the russian conspiracy factory. And he's immune to assassinations. Do you know why? Because people love him. And do you know why people love him? Because he keeps being one of the people, never above them, always with them. The opposite of poopler. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Unusual Tournament said:

What about Ukrainian propaganda? Shouldn’t that cancel out the Russia propaganda. Are you part of the Azov Brigade, Helen? 

Ukrainian propaganda is currently the best in the world. And do you know why? Because they only have to show the truth. 

And Azov's propaganda is the next level. *faints a little* Absolute perfection. You should be glad they're not interested in your population. At all. Yet your population is fascinated with them. For a reason. They're everything you wanted to be, but were born without it. 

No, I'm a freelance vatnik whisperer. I tell you everything you don't want to know, persistently, until you feel an urge to break the mirror, but you're afraid you might cut your fingers so you give up and doubt yourself even more. And I'll be there, in you head, reminding you that you'll never be forgiven. Not hated, hatred is for the equals. Despised. Eternally. 

Unless you repent right now. *checks watch* ... Jesus Insomniac Christ, why am I not in bed already... ahem... Time is running out. Repent.  

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Ukrainian propaganda is currently the best in the world. And do you know why? Because they only have to show the truth. 

And Azov's propaganda is the next level. *faints a little* Absolute perfection. You should be glad they're not interested in your population. At all. Yet your population is fascinated with them. For a reason. They're everything you wanted to be, but were born without it. 

No, I'm a freelance vatnik whisperer. I tell you everything you don't want to know, persistently, until you feel an urge to break the mirror, but you're afraid you might cut your fingers so you give up and doubt yourself even more. And I'll be there, in you head, reminding you that you'll never be forgiven. Not hated, hatred is for the equals. Despised. Eternally. 

Unless you repent right now. *checks watch* ... Jesus Insomniac Christ, why am I not in bed already... ahem... Time is running out. Repent.  

Oh Helen you are so anti-Serb and any of their friends but extremely entertaining. Keep up the great work

1 minute ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Oh Helen you are so anti-Serb and any of their friends but extremely entertaining. Keep up the great work

Of course I'm entertaining. That's the secret of successful propaganda ;) Imagine what riot it would be without excessive censorship which was supposed to give you advantage. I mean, it did give you an advantage but... heh. 

All right, have some rest, here's something to meditate upon while you wait for me: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Of course I'm entertaining. That's the secret of successful propaganda ;) Imagine what riot it would be without excessive censorship which was supposed to give you advantage. I mean, it did give you an advantage but... heh. 

All right, have some rest, here's something to meditate upon while you wait for me: 

…embarrassing to mention your anti Serb bias

Just now, Unusual Tournament said:

…embarrassing to mention your anti Serb bias

Why would it be embarrassing? Serbs shelled the **** out of my home town. We lost 30 children in shellings. That's one full classroom. Air bombs. Snipers. Mortars. Tank grenades... of course I'm biased. I'd be an idiot if I wasn't biased. 

Not to mention that Feb 24th last year took away any desire from me to invent excuses for genocidal freaks. They're welcome to express their regret. Until then, they can **** right off to their beloved moscow. I can tell you more about pro-russian position of greater Serbian chetnik project within ex-Yu tomorrow. No time right now. 

I just had to drop back because I came across this one, with subtitles in English ^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• The topic was locked