Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

2 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Ukraine has probably lost more men and if not for western geostragic goals Ukraine would now be a rural wasteland. the problem with taking someone’s coin is you’re indebted to them. It’s that simple. The U.S. UK and Europe have their agenda and it doesn’t mean it’s the same as that if the people of Ukraine 

There is absolutely zero evidence that the Ukranian military has lost more men than the Russian military.  What is known is that there is picture evidence of Russia having lost 8,953 military vehicles while Ukraine has lost 2,887 military vehicles.  Those are rather disproportionate losses between Russia and Ukraine in terms of hardware and no reason or evidence to suggest there is not a similar trend among military personnel.

In terms of absolute total deaths then more Ukranians than Russuans have been killed but when the Russian military is purposefully targeting civilians that isnt surprising.  If I'm remembering correctly its estimated the Russian military killed between 40% and 60% of the civilian population of Mariupol during the sieze.  Then there is Bucha and other towns and villages around it where large amounts of the population was outright executed by the Russian military 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

U.S. readies $2 bln-plus Ukraine aid package with longer-range weapons -sources

WASHINGTON, Jan 31 (Reuters) - The United States is readying more than $2 billion worth of military aid for Ukraine that is expected to include longer-range rockets for the first time and other munitions and weapons, two U.S. officials briefed on the matter told Reuters on Tuesday.

The weapons aid is expected to be announced as soon as later this week, the officials said. It is also expected to include support equipment for Patriot air defense systems, precision guided munitions and Javelin anti-tank weapons, they added.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/world/us-readies-2-bln-plus-ukraine-aid-package-with-longer-range-weapons-sources-2023-01-31/

Hopefully Ukraine gets some ATACMS this time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

A ceasefire is imminent. And I stand by my original assessment, Zelensky needs to move aside and allow a faceless council to negotiate an end to hostilities and territorial separation. 

We'll see about that.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Why would it be embarrassing? Serbs shelled the **** out of my home town. We lost 30 children in shellings. That's one full classroom. Air bombs. Snipers. Mortars. Tank grenades... of course I'm biased. I'd be an idiot if I wasn't biased. 

Not to mention that Feb 24th last year took away any desire from me to invent excuses for genocidal freaks. They're welcome to express their regret. Until then, they can **** right off to their beloved moscow. I can tell you more about pro-russian position of greater Serbian chetnik project within ex-Yu tomorrow. No time right now. 

I just had to drop back because I came across this one, with subtitles in English ^_^

…with all the applauding of Russian deaths you’d be the last to care. At least the Serbs were on the right side of history, twice which is a helluva lot more than can be said about the Nazi loving Croatians. And tbh the western Ukrainians were also Nazi sympathisers. Is this what what motivates you? 

look forward to tomorrow and thanks again for the opportunity to view your post, with subtitles no less. 

Good night and dream of me :D

44 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

There is absolutely zero evidence that the Ukranian military has lost more men than the Russian military.  What is known is that there is picture evidence of Russia having lost 8,953 military vehicles while Ukraine has lost 2,887 military vehicles.  Those are rather disproportionate losses between Russia and Ukraine in terms of hardware and no reason or evidence to suggest there is not a similar trend among military personnel.

In terms of absolute total deaths then more Ukranians than Russuans have been killed but when the Russian military is purposefully targeting civilians that isnt surprising.  If I'm remembering correctly its estimated the Russian military killed between 40% and 60% of the civilian population of Mariupol during the sieze.  Then there is Bucha and other towns and villages around it where large amounts of the population was outright executed by the Russian military 

Yeah I guess they haven’t. Maybe you can post an official Ukrainian wartime death tally. Thanks in advance

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

I think when its all over then the truth (when it comes out) will show a massacre of Ukrainian military personal and civilians.

An army cannot take a city without causing a high loss of life. With the poor training and equipment of the Ukrainian army (sure, it has improved over time due to NATO supply) and their tactics being just as bad as the Russian ones (grind tactics) and block to block fighting over many cities there is going to be a large loss of life.

I recon it currently stands at 500,000 Ukrainians dead and 50,000 Russian soldiers. Before anyone asks if 220,000 went in then why would they need another 300,000? The answer is only about 20% of soldiers see combat. The rest are the logistics, forward operating bases, medics, intelligence, etc.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Yeah I guess they haven’t. Maybe you can post an official Ukrainian wartime death tally. Thanks in advance

There are no official death tallies that are remotely accurate.  

America is saying 100,000+ Ukranian casualties and 150,000+ Russian casualties.  Norway is saying 100,000+ Ukranian casualties and 180,000+ Russian casualties.  Ukraine is claiming 121,480 killed Russians with no estimate on wounded.  Latest Russian estimates from September are approximately 61,000 Ukranians killed and approximately 49,000 Ukranians wounded.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

There are no official death tallies that are remotely accurate.  

America is saying 100,000+ Ukranian casualties and 150,000+ Russian casualties.  Norway is saying 100,000+ Ukranian casualties and 180,000+ Russian casualties.  Ukraine is claiming 121,480 killed Russians with no estimate on wounded.  Latest Russian estimates from September are approximately 61,000 Ukranians killed and approximately 49,000 Ukranians wounded.

So if no Ukrainian official death toll then let’s assume it’s not being reported because it’s high, if not higher. Happy to view any links you might have otherwise I will go with at least a equal number of deaths on both sides 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

So if no Ukrainian official death toll then let’s assume it’s not being reported because it’s high, if not higher. Happy to view any links you might have otherwise I will go with at least a equal number of deaths on both sides 

Russia doesnt have an official death toll either but has had to do one public mobilization and quite a few silent/secretive ones.  

Your assumption is backed by no evidence and extremely questionable reasoning.

It is insane to assume equal man power losses when one side has confirmed material losses three times higher than the other side.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 4

…anyway, got this off Twitter. 

An Australian volunteer on the Bakhmut axis describes Wagner and Russian forces as well equipped and sophisticated, with outstanding ISR (Intel, Surveillance, Reconnaissance). Says "human wave" stories about Russian tactics are untrue, and the Ukrainians are simply overmatched.

The Russians and Wagner are fighting under an artillery and drone umbrella. Contrary to what the media and Helen pump out, it’s gonna be a fierce and bloody war for everyone. As suspected, the Russians are adapting and anyone thinking Ukraine is gonna win in the next couple of months is joking. Like I said earlier the war is over. Has been for months. This back and forward will only favour Russia as time goes on

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

An Australian volunteer on the Bakhmut axis describes Wagner and Russian forces as well equipped and sophisticated, with outstanding ISR (Intel, Surveillance, Reconnaissance). Says "human wave" stories about Russian tactics are untrue, and the Ukrainians are simply overmatched.

The Russians and Wagner are fighting under an artillery and drone umbrella. Contrary to what the media and Helen pump out, it’s gonna be a fierce and bloody war for everyone. As suspected, the Russians are adapting and anyone thinking Ukraine is gonna win in the next couple of months is joking. Like I said earlier the war is over. Has been for months. This back and forward will only favour Russia as time goes on

Hi UT

If they are out matched why haven’t they been able to take the town yet? They have been at it for months to no avail so tend to take these types of hype as ass wipe for mental diarrhea.

• Like 2

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) issued an impassioned condemnation on Monday of remarks by a top adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, who accused the institution of being a “promoter of war, murder, and destruction” for ruling in favor of allowing Russian and Belarusian people to compete in its events.

The IOC had issued a statement “on solidarity with Ukraine” on Wednesday that prompted the outpouring of indignation from Kyiv. The detailed summary of a meeting on the status of Russian and Belarusian athletes announced that the IOC had aggressed to refuse to hold its events in both countries.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2023/01/31/ukraine-calls-olympics-body-a-promoter-of-murder-for-considering-allowing-russian-athletes/

• Like 1

Biden’s ‘no’ on F-16s for Ukraine met with skepticism in Pentagon

The administration has exhibited a pattern of rejecting similar pleas from the government in Kyiv only to relent later

President Biden’s brusque refusal to fulfill Ukraine’s request for F-16 jets has been greeted with skepticism at the Pentagon, where some officials, citing the administration’s pattern of reversal after first rejecting other pleas from Kyiv, foresee eventual approval or a scenario where American allies provide the aircraft with administration approval.

The conjecture among U.S. defense officials follows the commander in chief’s one-word response on Monday when a reporter asked outside the White House if he would send F-16s to Ukraine. “No,” Biden replied.

One senior defense official, who, like some others interviewed for this report, spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations, said that while the Pentagon’s calculus was unlikely to shift soon, there remains a possibility that the discussion could be “M1-ed,” a reference to Biden’s recent commitment of M1 Abrams tanks after administration officials suggested for months that the sophisticated arms would be too complex for Ukraine to maintain.

Another senior defense official acknowledged that there is growing frustration in the Pentagon among those who want to do more to help Ukraine but find their views stymied by others who favor a more cautious approach. This official said that while Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and some of his senior staff were reluctant to approve the Abrams tanks and, weeks before that, the advanced Patriot missile system, Biden eventually did so.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/01/31/ukraine-f16-biden/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

There are combat videos of Bakhmut and Zaporizhzhia oblast that show human wave tactics being used.  Russia using human wave tactics is a pretty established fact, due to forum rules the combat footage generally cant be posted due to graphic content.  

Even then with minimal effort the original interview that spawn the tweet, pushed by Russian bots and pro-Russian accounts is taken largely out of context.

He even says in the interview how Wagner does use human wave attacks of conscripts but the core of Wagner does not and multiple tactics are used in conjunction with the human wave assaults.  Also needs to be pointed out he is referring to a specific Ukranian unit and position while also only referring to Wagner being well equipped which the core of Wagner is as they are a private army.

I guess doing even basic searching on claims for you isnt necessary as long as it paints the narrative you want to push.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

I recon it currently stands at 500,000 Ukrainians dead and 50,000 Russian soldiers.

Where are you getting those numbers from?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

There are combat videos of Bakhmut and Zaporizhzhia oblast that show human wave tactics being used.  Russia using human wave tactics is a pretty established fact, due to forum rules the combat footage generally cant be posted due to graphic content.  

Even then with minimal effort the original interview that spawn the tweet, pushed by Russian bots and pro-Russian accounts is taken largely out of context.

He even says in the interview how Wagner does use human wave attacks of conscripts but the core of Wagner does not and multiple tactics are used in conjunction with the human wave assaults.  Also needs to be pointed out he is referring to a specific Ukranian unit and position while also only referring to Wagner being well equipped which the core of Wagner is as they are a private army.

I guess doing even basic searching on claims for you isnt necessary as long as it paints the narrative you want to push.

I’m interested in what you mean by ‘human wave tactics’?

8 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

I’m interested in what you mean by ‘human wave tactics’?

That is what you decide to focus on, not the fact that you are pushing Russian misinformation/propaganda from twitter that spawned from an interview taken massively out of context but what the exact definition of human wave tactics are.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

That is what you decide to focus on, not the fact that you are pushing Russian misinformation/propaganda from twitter that spawned from an interview taken massively out of context but what the exact definition of human wave tactics are.

You still haven’t answered the question 

25 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

You still haven’t answered the question 

Hi UT

It means throwing convicts and conscripts with little training in large numbers at Ukraine forces to be killed or wounded to try and wear down bullets so they can maybe attempt to send in better trained nazis that they don’t want to waste with better equipment. Unfortunately the professional nazis don’t get sent in because the Ukrainian forces are more efficient in killing the waste that gets thrown at them.

Edited by jmccr8
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, pellinore said:

An interesting point of view:

I wouldn't go that far but as usual, time eventually confirms most of his beliefs about people.  ALL of those people he named were proven to be working against him, often, illegally.

2 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi UT

It means throwing convicts and conscripts with little training in large numbers at Ukraine forces to be killed or wounded to try and wear down bullets so they can maybe attempt to send in better trained nazis that they don’t want to waste with better equipment. Unfortunately the professional nazis don’t get sent in because the Ukrainian forces are more efficient in killing the waste that gets thrown at them.

…sounds like WW1/2 warfare. I don’t believe it’s a reliable or relevant description of what is going on. Hunter is being evasive. Thanks for the answer 

• Like 1

Last week in this month, I reckon, to mark the anniversary. A big push:

Russia is preparing for an "imminent" new offensive on Ukraine, while 200,000 more Russian troops may soon be joining the war effort, according to the Institute for the Study of War (ISW).

An ISW report published on Monday says that Ukrainian, Western and Russian sources agree that "Russia is preparing for an imminent offensive" as the war nears its one-year mark. The report notes that NATO Secretary Jens Stoltenberg said on the same day that Russian President Vladimir Putin, who "retains his maximalist goals in Ukraine," was planning to mobilize 200,000 or more new troops to join the fight.

Russian Offensive 'Imminent' as 200,000 More Troops Headed to Ukraine: ISW (newsweek.com)

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, and-then said:

I wouldn't go that far but as usual, time eventually confirms most of his beliefs about people.  ALL of those people he named were proven to be working against him, often, illegally.

I din't know that. Him personally, or were they anti-  any Republican POTUS?

• The topic was locked