Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

11 hours ago, lune said:

Well James Cleverly is NOT my British foreign secretary and Rishi Sunak is NOT my prime minister and I would put both of these ****holes on the front line. Say what you want but eventually the UK will sort this **** out and maybe one day, put good honest people in politics and not these scumbags.

Yes, why would you want democratically elected representatives when you are a totalitarian, huh lune?  Putin is your representative.  Go home vatnik.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Yes, there are 12,000 on the boarder.

All the Russian conscripts are being trained in Belarus.

Clearly not enough to make a significant push.

An offensive in Luhansk Oblast and perhaps Kharkiv is more likely based on the available data.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-update-february-5-2023

Edited by Only_
  • Like 1

Update: Russia is actively engaging on the entire eastern front lines. Ukrainian forces are being pushed back, Ukrainian defence minister has been sacked. 

2 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Ukrainian defence minister has been sacked. 

this part was already know, it’s due to corruption scandals.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Update: Russia is actively engaging on the entire eastern front lines. Ukrainian forces are being pushed back, 

please provide sources

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, godnodog said:

this part was already know, it’s due to corruption scandals.

Never let reality get in the way of a dramatic story. :no:

• Like 2

Russian Wagner mercenaries on the "lies" that lured them to Ukraine

Bakhmut, Ukraine — For months, the battle for the eastern city of Bakhmut has been one of the most dangerous front lines in Russia's war on Ukraine. Vladimir Putin's forces have thrown everything from heavy artillery to savage trench warfare into trying to wear down Ukraine's resistance and take the city. 

At the vanguard of the battle have been scores of men from the Kremlin-backed paramilitary Wagner Group — a force bolstered by mercenaries recruited from Russia's notorious penal colonies.

CBS News met two of these guns-for-hire, men who were seized in the east and are now being held by Ukraine's military intelligence. Sergei was almost halfway into a 19-year sentence for murder at a penal colony when Wagner boss Yevgeny Prigozhin visited prisons and made his pitch to convicts: Serve six months on the front line for Russia, and then you can go free.

Russian Wagner mercenaries on the "lies" that lured them to Ukraine (msn.com)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, godnodog said:

please provide sources

I support Ukraine but I think he is right. Ukrainian forces are on the back foot on pretty the entire eastern and southern fronts.

Probably the weapons will not arrive on time before the large scale Russian offensive. I hope Ukraine can still resist but things are not looking good.

Edited by Only_

31 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Google it! 

All there is are rumors that the current Ukranian defense minister may be replaced by the GUR military intelligence chief.  

As for Ukraine being pushed back there are the usual Russian assaults in the same places they have been happening for weeks or months with no real change in the front lines.

There are reports of a Russian assault of Vuldehar which resulted in Russia losing 25+ armored vehicles and a decent bit of infantry.  No indication of Russia actually make any significant gains anywhere in the Donbas region or around Zaporizhzhia oblast

• Like 6

On 2/5/2023 at 6:31 PM, 6.21.3.11.25.15.21 said:

Well James Cleverly is NOT my British foreign secretary and Rishi Sunak is NOT my prime minister and I would put both of these ****holes on the front line. Say what you want but eventually the UK will sort this **** out and maybe one day, put good honest people in politics and not these scumbags.

The only problem is ...where do we find a good honest politician , as far as I know there are None in Britain  in all parties, and that includes the above 2 .

• Like 3

On 2/5/2023 at 2:29 PM, 6.21.3.11.25.15.21 said:

Yes indeed. That's why Russia, China, Iran and many other countries are building an alliance duh. The US, UK and their allies have been threatening dozens of countries for years, and not just threats.. Invasions.. millions dead, not threatened actually dead.

Would you rather live in Russia ,China & Iran who are controlled by Dictators ,who state what you can or can't do , at least in the U.K. and U.S.A we can say what we like and don't go to jail or are shot for it .

• Like 1

Losses in Ukraine are 'out of proportion' to what NATO has been planning for, the alliance's top general says

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-war-scale-out-of-proportion-with-nato-planning-cavoli-2023-2?utmSource=twitter&utmContent=referral&utmTerm=topbar&referrer=twitter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NATO leaders have been worried by the heavy casualties and massive ammunition usage in Ukraine.

"The scale of this war is out of proportion with all of our recent thinking," NATO's top general said in January.

• Like 1

Ukraine is losing. At some point Biden and Putin will be talking. The Ukrainians will think more clearly about geography and disproportionate power. 

Russia is suffering heavy losses. The US Intitute of War Studies says Russia will not use nuclear weapons, and Putin will not declare on Ukraine as it may lead to war with  NATO:

• Like 3

The war will end by the Summer 2023. Russia will try to break the line in Donbas, and meet NATO weapons. 21st Century war has changed, the NATO tanks are far stronger than the flesh and blood Russia will throw at them. Where is the Russian air superiority? All the equipment stolen and sold off. 

• Like 3

Russia’s latest cruise missile crashed in Ukraine

According to the Defense Express, the Ukrainian Air Force has released footage showing relatively intact remains of a Russian Kh-101 cruise missile which was equipped with an electro-optical guidance system and decoy flare.

The Kh-101 is an advanced cruise missile under development to eventually replace the Kh-55 missile onboard the Soviet/Russian strategic bombers such as Tu-160 and Tu-95. The Kh-101 has a 400-kg conventional warhead, stealth features, high subsonic speed and low altitude flight profile. The conventionally-armed Kh-101 has also been referred to as the Russian counterpart to the United States Air Force AGM-129 air-launched cruise missile.

https://defence-blog.com/russias-latest-cruise-missile-crashed-in-ukraine/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

NATO leaders have been worried by the heavy casualties and massive ammunition usage in Ukraine.

"The scale of this war is out of proportion with all of our recent thinking," NATO's top general said in January.

Interesting part you quoted, why not also quote the section further down the article.

"Interestingly, Cavoli pointed to Ukraine's surprising battlefield successes as evidence that "precision can beat mass." But there's a catch: It takes time for quality to beat quantity, and "that time is usually bought with space. To use this method, we need space to trade for time. Not all of us have that, and we have to compensate for this in our thinking, our planning.""

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Ukraine is losing. At some point Biden and Putin will be talking. The Ukrainians will think more clearly about geography and disproportionate power. 

Do you have a source for that or is it your opinion  ?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Yes, why would you want democratically elected representatives when you are a totalitarian, huh lune?  Putin is your representative.  Go home vatnik.

That’s one way to tell him, great job!:tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

Interesting part you quoted, why not also quote the section further down the article.

"Interestingly, Cavoli pointed to Ukraine's surprising battlefield successes as evidence that "precision can beat mass." But there's a catch: It takes time for quality to beat quantity, and "that time is usually bought with space. To use this method, we need space to trade for time. Not all of us have that, and we have to compensate for this in our thinking, our planning.""

You make a very good point, but that would  not support his narrative!:yes:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 1

Putin promised not to kill Zelenskyy, former Israeli prime minister says

A former Israeli prime minister who served briefly as a mediator at the start of Russia’s war with Ukraine says he drew a promise from the Russian president not to kill his Ukrainian counterpart.

Former Prime Minister Naftali Bennett emerged as an unlikely intermediary in the war’s first weeks, becoming one of the few Western leaders to meet President Vladimir Putin during the war in a snap trip to Moscow last March.

While Bennett’s mediation efforts appear to have done little to end the bloodshed that continues until today, his remarks, in an interview posted online late Saturday, shed light on the backroom diplomacy and urgent efforts that were underway to try to bring the conflict to a speedy conclusion in its early days.

In the five-hour interview, which touched on numerous other subjects, Bennett says he asked Putin about whether he intended to kill Ukrainian President Volodymyr ZelenskyyI asked ‘what’s with this? Are you planning to kill Zelenskyy?’ He said ‘I won’t kill Zelenskyy.’ I then said to him ‘I have to understand that you’re giving me your word that you won’t kill Zelenskyy.’ He said ‘I’m not going to kill Zelenskyy.’”

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/05/putin-promised-not-to-kill-zelenskyy-former-israeli-prime-minister-says-.html

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked