Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

2 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

There have been no "world leaders" indicted/arrested by the ICC, but there are certainly a bunch of fugitives, including Joseph Kony among several others. I highly doubt anything will ever come of this.

Slobodan Milosevic

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slobodan_Milošević

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, and-then said:

I guess... or maybe they just view it as a buffer to keep the placement of ballistic missiles and troop formations further from their "real" borders.  Who knows?  At this point, I don't really care.  As Caesar would have said - ALEA IACTA EST...

As if NATO would need to get very close to Russia to be able to inflict whatever damage they wanted to... :huh:

10 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

That’s only one there are others! He was never found guilt, he actually died during trial.

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Occult1 said:

So that means WW3, in principle?

If not, I'm interested to know how you'd achieve that in concrete terms.

You have to see the world through their eyes.  Russia is in the wrong, therefore NATO has every right to supply Ukraine - AND - to send in troops on Ukraine's side if Russia begins to "win".  Yeah, they've gone bat**** crazy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

It is much more than symbolic, Putin is now wanted Globally for War Crimes!

He would only be at risk in countries that recognize the ICC.  If a NATO or other 3rd party nation took him while he was in China, India, et cetera, that would almost certainly lead to a wider war.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Right...

So if Russia is not one of the most powerful country in the world, why isn't the U.S./NATO start fighting Russia in Ukraine or march on Moscow?

Because there is no need to, the Ukrainians are giving the Russians all they can handle. Why should the United States or NATO expand this conflict when the Russians can beat a small Nation like the Ukraine. However, wait and see what happens if the Ukraine starts losing.

You do realize that the United States currently has the largest troop build since WWII, currently their are  100,000+ US Soldiers in Europe as we speak,

4 minutes ago, and-then said:

He would only be at risk in countries that recognize the ICC.  If a NATO or other 3rd party nation took him while he was in China, India, et cetera, that would almost certainly lead to a wider war.

I agree it certainly would lead to a much wider war!

11 minutes ago, and-then said:

You have to see the world through their eyes.  Russia is in the wrong, therefore NATO has every right to supply Ukraine - AND - to send in troops on Ukraine's side if Russia begins to "win".  Yeah, they've gone bat**** crazy.

Actually I think the Russian people are just stuck between a rock and a hard place.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Actually I think the Russian people are just stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Yet, majority support "special military operation".

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

As if NATO would need to get very close to Russia to be able to inflict whatever damage they wanted to... :huh:

The firm expectation of the non-use of nukes is a restraint on all nations with nukes, except NK and Iran, I'd guess.  The point is that had Ukraine joined NATO or even just agreed to have NATO troop formations, logistical caches of weapons, fuel, etc., it would have created a threat to Russian territory that we in the US would NEVER ACCEPT if someone tried it with us.  Do you really think a US administration would sit idly while the CCP stood up a few fully armed and supplied regiments or divisions in northern Mexico or Cuba?  There are two main reasons why I do not support either side in this mess.

Most importantly, it's because I trust NOTHING that comes from US media.  NONE of them, and especially when the narrative is seamless and any deviation is shouted down, instantly.  You could say, I've seen that movie before.  Like, between 2016 and the present.  The second is that DC and their pet dog NATO, are doing against another nation what we would never allow to be done to US.  I know, I know, call me crazy, but I hate being a hypocrite on issues like this.  

8 minutes ago, and-then said:

Do you really think a US administration would sit idly while the CCP stood up a few fully armed and supplied regiments or divisions in northern Mexico or Cuba?  There are two main reasons why I do not support either side in this mess.

Honestly, I think it would depend on what intent they could discern based on intel. I imagine they would take issue with it if there was obvious malintent (i.e. in the case of Cuba during the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Soviets were stationing nukes there that were being pointed directly at the US mainland).

I am not sure what kind of intent you discerned from the small pockets of NATO build up (mostly in defensive capacity) on NATO-Russia borders, but it seems quite likely that this buildup was in response to security concerns from countries neighbouring Russia.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, and-then said:

Do you really think a US administration would sit idly while the CCP stood up a few fully armed and supplied regiments or divisions in northern Mexico or Cuba?  There are two main reasons why I do not support either side in this mess.

The US would not invade Cuba in that situation. Throwing up a diplomatic fuss, sure.

Possibly if the CCP stationed nukes there and invasion could escalate. But seeing how Ukraine has no nukes that comparision wouldn't be relevant 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

Turkey announces they will ratify Finland into NATO

Turkey announced on Friday that it would move to ratify Finland’s application to join NATO, clearing a significant hurdle for the Nordic nation’s bid to join the alliance but leaving neighboring Sweden on the sidelines for now.

“We decided to start the ratification process in our Parliament for Finland’s membership,” President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey told a news conference, saying he hoped the vote would take place before elections in mid-May.

The announcement came as Finland’s president, Sauli Niinisto, met in Ankara with Mr. Erdogan. The leaders had both telegraphed that the announcement was coming, with Mr. Erdogan saying this week that Turkey would “keep our promise.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/17/world/europe/turkey-finland-nato.html

Sweden still in limbo.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

The US would not invade Cuba in that situation. Throwing up a diplomatic fuss, sure.

Possibly if the CCP stationed nukes there and invasion could escalate. But seeing how Ukraine has no nukes that comparision wouldn't be relevant 

The more I read @and-then's posts the more pro-Russian talking points I see being reflected.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, and-then said:

The firm expectation of the non-use of nukes is a restraint on all nations with nukes, except NK and Iran, I'd guess.  The point is that had Ukraine joined NATO or even just agreed to have NATO troop formations, logistical caches of weapons, fuel, etc., it would have created a threat to Russian territory that we in the US would NEVER ACCEPT if someone tried it with us.  Do you really think a US administration would sit idly while the CCP stood up a few fully armed and supplied regiments or divisions in northern Mexico or Cuba?  There are two main reasons why I do not support either side in this mess.

Most importantly, it's because I trust NOTHING that comes from US media.  NONE of them, and especially when the narrative is seamless and any deviation is shouted down, instantly.  You could say, I've seen that movie before.  Like, between 2016 and the present.  The second is that DC and their pet dog NATO, are doing against another nation what we would never allow to be done to US.  I know, I know, call me crazy, but I hate being a hypocrite on issues like this.  

Distance from Latvia to moscow about the same as from Ukraine. Latvia is NATO member since 2004.

• Like 3

Just now, bmk1245 said:

Distance from Latvia to moscow about the same as from Ukraine. Latvia is NATO member since 2004.

Finland who is going to be part of NATO soon literally borders Russia. 

Putins excuse for invading Ukraine is invalid.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Putins excuse for invading Ukraine is invalid.

Norway was in NATO from 1949...

BS excuse was apparent from the start back in 2014.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Sadly that is the story of the Russian people. Russia have so much potential, but somehow they allways end up with terrible leaders that doesn't care about the people. The only possible exception from this was Mikhail Gorbachev.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

It certainly is not going to help the situation. Russia said it would consider deploying nuclear weapons while increasing it's troops numbers on the border and Finland is currently building a huge fence to improve security.

Edited by Occult1

26 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Sadly that is the story of the Russian people. Russia have so much potential, but somehow they allways end up with terrible leaders that doesn't care about the people. The only possible exception from this was Mikhail Gorbachev.

Your certainly right, it just doesn't make wany sensed!!!

2 hours ago, and-then said:

Once upon a time the great Russian Myth of a superior military existed, but that Myth has been debunked. The only treason the Russian Military can even becalled a Superpower today, is because of its Nuclear Weapons. 

2 hours ago, and-then said:

Everything that is currently happening in Eastern Europe is a direct result of the Russian Federations aggressive expansionism. Vladimir Putin has made it very clear that he felt betrayed when the Soviet Union collapsed and since then he has been piece by piece trying to reassemble it starting with George in 2008, the Crimea  2014, and then Russias aggression against the Ukraine. 

• Like 1

Biden says Putin's international arrest warrant from the ICC is 'justified,' even though the US doesn't recognize the court

US President Joe Biden commended the International Criminal Court's decision to issue an international arrest warrant for Vladimir Putin on Friday. On Friday, the ICC released a report accusing the Russian president of "war crimes," declaring him an international pariah by issuing an arrest warrant against him. The news was roundly welcomed globally, even by countries that don't recognize the court — including the US. "I think it's justified, but the question is it's not recognized internationally by us either.

But I think it makes a very strong point," Biden said, according to CNN.  The ICC Prosecutor is an independent actor and makes his own prosecutorial decisions based on the evidence before him. We support accountability for perpetrators of war crimes," the spokesperson added. Ukrainian officials praised the decision. The Kremlin called the decision "outrageous," and "legally void," the Associated Press reported. https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-says-putins-international-arrest-warrant-is-justified-2023-3

Situation in Ukraine: ICC judges issue arrest warrants against Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin and Maria Alekseyevna Lvova-Belova https://www.icc-cpi.int/news/situation-ukraine-icc-judges-issue-arrest-warrants-against-vladimir-vladimirovich-putin-and

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Once upon a time the great Russian Myth of a superior military existed, but that Myth has been debunked. The only treason the Russian Military can even becalled a Superpower today, is because of its Nuclear Weapons.

2023 Military Strength Ranking

1. United States

2. Russia.

3. China

https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.php

The GFP index denotes Russia as a Top 5 world power.

For 2023, Russia is ranked 2 of 145 out of the countries considered for the annual GFP review. The nation holds a PwrIndx* score of 0.0714 (a score of 0.0000 is considered 'perfect'). This entry last reviewed on 01/19/2023.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.php?country_id=russia

There are reasons why the U.S./NATO won't engage Russia directly other than their huge nuclear arsenal

Edited by Occult1

9 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Are we also going to ignore the fact that the current President of the ICC is from Poland and a former legal expert and advisor at the Council of Europe ?

One could raise the possibility of conflict of interest, or bias here.

Nonsens. We are ignoring nothing. Every ICC member country that happen to have an ICC President would have been called out by you for one or the other reason.

Countries that are members of the ICC are mostly countries that had to deal with foreign agression on their country in the past. Those countries have not much to hide. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Biden says Putin's international arrest warrant from the ICC is 'justified,' even though the US doesn't recognize the court

US President Joe Biden commended the International Criminal Court's decision to issue an international arrest warrant for Vladimir Putin on Friday. On Friday, the ICC released a report accusing the Russian president of "war crimes," declaring him an international pariah by issuing an arrest warrant against him. The news was roundly welcomed globally, even by countries that don't recognize the court — including the US. "I think it's justified, but the question is it's not recognized internationally by us either.

But I think it makes a very strong point," Biden said, according to CNN.  The ICC Prosecutor is an independent actor and makes his own prosecutorial decisions based on the evidence before him. We support accountability for perpetrators of war crimes," the spokesperson added. Ukrainian officials praised the decision. The Kremlin called the decision "outrageous," and "legally void," the Associated Press reported. https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-says-putins-international-arrest-warrant-is-justified-2023-3

Situation in Ukraine: ICC judges issue arrest warrants against Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin and Maria Alekseyevna Lvova-Belova https://www.icc-cpi.int/news/situation-ukraine-icc-judges-issue-arrest-warrants-against-vladimir-vladimirovich-putin-and

Enough said.

• Haha 1

• The topic was locked