Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?


Grim Reaper 6
 Share

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Just a question, Helen...how many languages do you speak/read?  I know in Europe it is a given to know numerous languages, unlike in North America, we might know 2

I always assumed the impetus behind Europeans being multi-lingual was geography and practicality.  Most of them grow up in a place that requires learning more languages to "get along" with their neighbors.  Imagine living in the northeast U.S. but needing to understand a new language just to travel to the south or west for fun or employment.  Those European borders can be awfully close in such cases.   

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • DarkHunter

    1308

  • Helen of Annoy

    3290

  • Occult1

    1664

  • Grim Reaper 6

    1328

41 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Just a question, Helen...how many languages do you speak/read?  I know in Europe it is a given to know numerous languages, unlike in North America, we might know 2

Only 3, Croatian, English and German. Some very basic Italian. There are two more South Slavic languages very similar to mine, I don't count them as foreign, but there are two significantly different, which I can understand. I'm accidentally speed-learning Ukrainian right now because there's so much stuff in Ukrainian right now you just absorb the language without even noticing. I can read Cyrillic so it's not a problem. 

 

33 minutes ago, Stiff said:

That's pretty good going to be honest. Here in England, some of the folk struggle to speak just one, fluently.

It doesn't matter, some people learn languages easily, others don't. If you're exposed to a language, you learn it, so to be honest, why would people learn a second language if it's not their type of fun. 

 

 

But I've got to wrap this up.

My dear friends who suffered my rants and multilingual outbursts :D

I've been advised to take a break from the UM.   

I sincere hope we'll read each other again in much more boring times, 

Helen 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, and then said:

Damn... a THREE star?  Since when do those guys set foot on a front?  

Russian communications is completely messed up.  They have little to no secure communication and have been forced to use civilian radios or civilian cell phones with Ukranian sim cards to just be able to communicate.  Atleast one Russian general was killed due to the cell phone he used being tracked.

A major over sight thr Russians made was they have their own secure communication system they spent a good bit of time developing but it requires 3g or newer cell phone towers to work.  The Russian military targeted a lot of 3g and 4g cell phone towers on the first day to try and degrade Ukranian communications and they didnt bring in any long range communication equipment cause they thought the war would be over in under a week and communication beyond the initial orders was unnecessary.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Russians push deeper into Mariupol as locals plead for help

'Russian forces pushed deeper into Ukraine's besieged and battered port city of Mariupol on Saturday, where heavy fighting shut down a major steel plant and local authorities pleaded for more Western help.

The fall of Mariupol, the scene of some of the war's worst suffering, would mark a major battlefield advance for the Russians, who are largely bogged down outside major cities more than three weeks into the biggest land invasion in Europe since the Second World War.''

[...]

Russian forces have already cut the city off from the Sea of Azov, and its fall would link Crimea, which Russia annexed in 2014, to territories controlled by Moscow-backed separatists in the east. It would mark a rare advance in the face of fierce Ukrainian resistance that has dashed Russia's hopes for a quick victory and galvanized the West.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/russians-push-deeper-into-mariupol-as-locals-plead-for-help-1.5826193

Looks like Mariupol is about to fall. The Ukrainian military cannot send any reinforcement, as they are overwhelmed 100 Km away according to an adviser to Ukraine’s president.

This would be a major strategic gain for Russia.

 

Edited by Occult1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

Looks like Mariupol is about to fall. The Ukrainian military cannot send any reinforcement, as they are overwhelmed 100 Km away according to an adviser to Ukraine’s president.

This would be a major strategic gain for Russia.

Ladies and gentlemen, another stunning prediction from the mind that brought you:

Kyiv is about to fall.

Over two weeks ago.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@DarkHunter 

Thanks for bringing to my attention the "switchblade" drones we sent just recently, wasn't aware of them but very interesting!

Reminds me of the RC drone on Grand Theft Auto where you can either do the mission or crash land it for ones own amusement :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Only 3, Croatian, English and German. Some very basic Italian. There are two more South Slavic languages very similar to mine, I don't count them as foreign, but there are two significantly different, which I can understand. I'm accidentally speed-learning Ukrainian right now because there's so much stuff in Ukrainian right now you just absorb the language without even noticing. I can read Cyrillic so it's not a problem. 

 

It doesn't matter, some people learn languages easily, others don't. If you're exposed to a language, you learn it, so to be honest, why would people learn a second language if it's not their type of fun. 

 

 

But I've got to wrap this up.

My dear friends who suffered my rants and multilingual outbursts :D

I've been advised to take a break from the UM.   

I sincere hope we'll read each other again in much more boring times, 

Helen 

Well if in need of a relaxing topic,there is a fascinating "hot" topic in the US section about hairstyles!...

Think I'd rather watch paint dry though personally :lol:

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Well if in need of a relaxing topic,there is a fascinating "hot" topic in the US section about hairstyles!...

Think I'd rather watch paint dry though personally :lol:

:lol:

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Setton said:

Ladies and gentlemen, another stunning prediction from the mind that brought you:

Kyiv is about to fall.

Over two weeks ago.

Except that Russian troops have reached the center of Mariupol, where they are supported by air power.  Tanks are in the streets.

Ukranian forces cannot call for reinforcement. They soon might have no other choice but to retreat for the city.

Edited by Occult1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Except that Russian troops have reached the center of Mariupol, where they are supported by air power.  Tanks are in the streets.

Ukranian forces cannot call for reinforcement. They soon might have no other choice but to retreat for the city.

Perhaps. But seeing as you've said the same about half a dozen cities that still stand, forgive me if I take that with a pinch of salt.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, and then said:

Damn... a THREE star?  Since when do those guys set foot on a front?  

Given the rumours of Stalinistic purges, he probably irked the Kremlin Gremlin and got sent to the front as punishment.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Russians push deeper into Mariupol as locals plead for help

'Russian forces pushed deeper into Ukraine's besieged and battered port city of Mariupol on Saturday, where heavy fighting shut down a major steel plant and local authorities pleaded for more Western help.

The fall of Mariupol, the scene of some of the war's worst suffering, would mark a major battlefield advance for the Russians, who are largely bogged down outside major cities more than three weeks into the biggest land invasion in Europe since the Second World War.''

[...]

Russian forces have already cut the city off from the Sea of Azov, and its fall would link Crimea, which Russia annexed in 2014, to territories controlled by Moscow-backed separatists in the east. It would mark a rare advance in the face of fierce Ukrainian resistance that has dashed Russia's hopes for a quick victory and galvanized the West.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/russians-push-deeper-into-mariupol-as-locals-plead-for-help-1.5826193

Looks like Mariupol is about to fall. The Ukrainian military cannot send any reinforcement, as they are overwhelmed 100 Km away according to an adviser to Ukraine’s president.

This would be a major strategic gain for Russia.

 

Last place I’d want my tanks is in a reasonably modern city that the locals have had time to booby trap. It’ll be a nightmare of buried and destroyed tanks.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Hostages or “being sent East” in a more Hitleristic euphemism, do we think?

Hard to say. Might be great for some and for some, not so much.

Russia may have to add on to their Gulags for extra residents.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Allegedly footage of Russian Kh-47M2 "Kinzhal" hypersonic missile launched today against of the Ukrainian armed forces underground weapons depot in Deliatyn.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Allegedly footage of Russian Kh-47M2 "Kinzhal" hypersonic missile launched today against of the Ukrainian armed forces underground weapons depot in Deliatyn.

 

Russia says it used hypersonic missiles in Ukraine for first time

''Russia says it used its newest Kinzhal hypersonic missiles for the first time in Ukraine to destroy a weapons storage site in the country’s west.

Russia’s Interfax news agency said it was the first time Russia had deployed the hypersonic Kinzhal system since it sent its troops into Ukraine on February 24.

“The Kinzhal aviation missile system with hypersonic aeroballistic missiles destroyed a large underground warehouse containing missiles and aviation ammunition in the village of Deliatyn in the Ivano-Frankivsk region,” defence ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said on Saturday.''

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/19/russia-uses-advanced-hypersonic-missiles-in-ukraine-for-first-tim

More and more weapons send by the West are getting destroyed. Maybe we should stop sending them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Hostages or “being sent East” in a more Hitleristic euphemism, do we think?

Deportation?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Last place I’d want my tanks is in a reasonably modern city that the locals have had time to booby trap. It’ll be a nightmare of buried and destroyed tanks.

There is a picture of a Russian tank in Mariupol in that link:

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-war-thousands-evacuated-from-mariupol-as-city-being-wiped-off-face-of-earth-by-russian-shelling-12570016

It seems Russia controls most of Mariupol at this point but that the Azov fighters (Neo-nazis) are making a last stand.

Edited by Occult1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Allegedly footage of Russian Kh-47M2 "Kinzhal" hypersonic missile launched today against of the Ukrainian armed forces underground weapons depot in Deliatyn.

 

They’re using those missiles because they’ve ran out of everything else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Russia says it used hypersonic missiles in Ukraine for first time

''Russia says it used its newest Kinzhal hypersonic missiles for the first time in Ukraine to destroy a weapons storage site in the country’s west.

Russia’s Interfax news agency said it was the first time Russia had deployed the hypersonic Kinzhal system since it sent its troops into Ukraine on February 24.

“The Kinzhal aviation missile system with hypersonic aeroballistic missiles destroyed a large underground warehouse containing missiles and aviation ammunition in the village of Deliatyn in the Ivano-Frankivsk region,” defence ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said on Saturday.''

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/19/russia-uses-advanced-hypersonic-missiles-in-ukraine-for-first-tim

More and more weapons send by the West are getting destroyed. Maybe we should stop sending them?

Lol ‘We’.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Russia Warns of Ukrainian Mines in Black Sea

''Russia on Saturday warned that mines that Ukrainians had deployed in the Black Sea against its "military operation" could drift as far as the Straits of Bosphorus and the Mediterranean Sea.

"After the start of the Russian special military operation, Ukrainian naval forces had deployed barriers of mines around the ports of Odessa, Ochakov, Chernomorsk and Yuzhny," the FSB security service said in a statement, adding that the mines were "dilapidated" and made in the first half of the 20th century.

Storms have cut cables to some of those mines that are now floating freely in the western Black Sea, pushed along by wind and the currents, it said.''

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/03/19/russia-warns-of-ukrainian-mines-in-black-sea-a77002

This can't be too good...

Edited by Occult1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Perhaps. But seeing as you've said the same about half a dozen cities that still stand, forgive me if I take that with a pinch of salt.

Unless there has been a radical change the Russian forces are still only on the outskirts of Mariupol, occasionally there is a deeper push but the Russians get pushed back out before long.  The Ukranian defenders were offered a way out if they laid down their arms but they have refused the offer.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

More and more weapons send by the West are getting destroyed. Maybe we should stop sending them?

Or more logically, and morally, Russia could end it's pointless war that is causing such destruction and death.

I know, something you struggle to think about. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

And? A half decent resistance force can turn a modern city into a kill box for tanks. 
let’s start with mines under every sewer cover, follow that with triggered explosives in rhe taller building designed to literally drop the building on a convoy.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   2 members

    • +Hammerclaw
    • Stiff