Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

Partial withdrawal of occupying forces from the Sumy region to the Russian Federation, explosions heard in the Kherson region - situation in regions

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/03/26/7334692/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

You said the 30,000 to 40,000 was propaganda but it comes from NATO with other sources putting out numbers roughly in line with those 30,000 to 40,000 lost figure.  It doesnt matter what historical perspective you try to spin it in, the figures seem to be accurate.  If you actually been looking into the conflict you would know a lot of these battles have been extensively violent with the Russian military making choices that have at times resulted in entire battalions being eliminated, like the assault on the airports near Kyiv in the first few days of the conflict or with recently intercepted communications where a regiment lost 50% of its manpower on a failed assault on Mykolaiv.  The Russians have almost 2,000 pic or video confirmed vehicle losses and that is just a lower limit estimate as not all Russian losses have a pic or video taken of them.

Russia hasnt had any troops held in reserve for about 2 weeks now, they have thrown everything they got at Ukraine and so far it has in general not worked out well for the Russian military.

Or the Ukraine military and civilians.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I’d also add that Russia have now completely changed their supposed goals. They’re now saying that the offensive in the west was a success and are now going to concentrate on, lol, ‘Phase 2’ in the east of Ukraine.

Trying to save face because the entire operation has been a failure.

Dictators never fails. They either "allways intended the outcome" or they blame it on someone else. Sometimes both.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 3

Off topic - anyone know what’s happened to Manwon? He’s gone dark. Not like him at all,..

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Off topic - anyone know what’s happened to Manwon? He’s gone dark. Not like him at all,..

Last posted over a month ago. Haven't seen him since.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Was kinda wondering that myself since I returned...

He is retired military and did some important stuff,maybe he's been requested to advise something...I dunno

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiggs said:

Last posted over a month ago. Haven't seen him since.

Also is “unable to receive” private messages. 
Looks like Manny’s gone. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

His last post was Feb 24th same day Russia invaded Ukraine. Like I stated in another post Russia probably called him back to active duty. :devil:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Looks like Manny’s gone. 

Maybe the topic of this thread took a lil bit of the shine off of the constant stream of "but,but,Trump!" 

Believe it or not,not having that everyday seems to be causing some kind of depression for people...I'm not even joking or being a ass,I'm very serious about that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

It's what their exercises looked like, hypothetical situation of any kind, ends up with USSR/Russia lobbing a nuke, NATO craps their pants and surrenders.

I'm inclined to think it's extremely dangerous and provocative but I think it was Putin's answer to a greatly diminished military that everyone knew couldn't go toe to toe with NATO.  My point was that Putin has attempted to change the rules (MAD) that have kept the world relatively stable for decades and now we're going to see if he means to follow through with his insanity.  Our president didn't help matters today by trying to sound tough in a speech and basically taunting Putin with the idea of "regime change".  The WH rushed to back off from that but Putin will be able to use it to justify his actions and that's damned unfortunate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Br Cornelius said:

Israel has the Samson doctrine which assures total global destruction if it looks like Israel ceases to be a nation. Israels position is exactly equivalent to Russias stated position.

Br Cornelius

Actually, Samson is about destroying the Capitols of their enemies but I see what you're saying.  I differ on interpretation, though.  TMK, Israel has never announced a doctrine to use nukes unless being overrun.  Putin's doctrine is much more loosely defined.  He has shown an ability to define "existential threats" as anything that resists his plans in war.  Ultimately, Samson is just another name of the MAD doctrine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Looks like Manny’s gone. 

It wasn't ME!  :lol:  JK... I hope he's okay.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, and then said:

It wasn't ME!  :lol:  JK... I hope he's okay.

Sure it was,last I saw before taking 15 months off,you were the Nostradamus of the new Confederacy around UM :lol:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

As for the casualty estimates, considering its NATO saying 30,000 to 40,000 Russian soldiers lost I'm really starting to question where you are getting your information from.

IF those numbers are correct, that's about 1000 men per day being KIA or wounded or captured.  That's incredible.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, and then said:

IF those numbers are correct, that's about 1000 men per day being KIA or wounded or captured.  That's incredible.

That's what I said,that's reminiscent of trench warfare days...

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, and then said:

1 minute ago, CrimsonKing said:

That's what I said,that's reminiscent of trench warfare days...

Hi Guys

Do have to wonder how many just sit there and wait to be captured rather than getting shot or having to return home, who knows maybe they are all defecting to get out of Russia.:lol:

German POWs that were brought to Canada were treated pretty good, my dad was a blacksmith in a POW camp because he couldn't join the military and prisoners were required to cut one cord of wood per day and any cords over they were paid for with money held till the end of the war so they had money when they got out. They were also given the choice to return to Germany or could stay here and build a new life for themselves and their families.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Russia's main objective has always been the demilitarization of Ukraine.  Now that Ukrainian forces have retreated in urban centers and are hiding among civilians, there is really not much to gain for Russia to take those cities. Ukraine's air force and navy have been almost completely wiped out. Their air defenses are significantly degraded. They can now concentrate on the Donbass and the creation of a buffer zone.

Edited by Occult1

21 minutes ago, and then said:

Russia claims 1,351 dead and 3,825 injured according to latest update.

That seems more realistic.

Edited by Occult1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Guys

Do have to wonder how many just sit there and wait to be captured rather than getting shot or having to return home, who knows maybe they are all defecting to get out of Russia.:lol:

German POWs that were brought to Canada were treated pretty good, my dad was a blacksmith in a POW camp because he couldn't join the military and prisoners were required to cut one cord of wood per day and any cords over they were paid for with money held till the end of the war so they had money when they got out. They were also given the choice to return to Germany or could stay here and build a new life for themselves and their families.

No doubt man,also kind of interesting that reports of quite a few Ukrainian and also Russian people camping out on the US's southern border looking for refugee status!

Hell I'd like to stay in Ukraine during peace time,some absolutely beautiful women in that country!... Some Russian soldiers are probably thinking,"hold on a second" :lol:

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Meh I don't think they are as massive as some numbers show,but those numbers are almost comical BS!!!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

By “realistic” you mean “more palatable for Russian propaganda”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

Russia's main objective has always been the demilitarization of Ukraine.  Now that Ukrainian forces have retreated in urban centers and are hiding among civilians, there is really not much to gain for Russia to take those cities. Ukraine's air force and navy have been almost completely wiped out. Their air defenses are significantly degraded. They can now concentrate on the Donbass and the creation of a buffer zone.

A buffer zone between what, NATO and Russia? Most of Russia and it's running dog, Belarus, border NATO, sans "buffer zone", comrade. That may soon be all of its western border with the inclusion of Finland into NATO. So, let's dispense with the buffer zone B.S.

Russian State News Published an Article Saying Russia Defeated Ukraine (businessinsider.com)

• Like 1

Guest Br Cornelius
2 hours ago, and then said:

Actually, Samson is about destroying the Capitols of their enemies but I see what you're saying.  I differ on interpretation, though.  TMK, Israel has never announced a doctrine to use nukes unless being overrun.  Putin's doctrine is much more loosely defined.  He has shown an ability to define "existential threats" as anything that resists his plans in war.  Ultimately, Samson is just another name of the MAD doctrine.

He specifically clarified that only if Russia was threatened to not exist, exactly the same as Israel.

Br Cornelius

26 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

A buffer zone between what, NATO and Russia? Most of Russia and it's running dog, Belarus, border NATO, sans "buffer zone", comrade. That may soon be all of its western border with the inclusion of Finland into NATO. So, let's dispense with the buffer zone B.S.

Russian State News Published an Article Saying Russia Defeated Ukraine (businessinsider.com)

I think you underestimate the great geographic importance of the Black Sea. Access to the Black Sea allows for access to the Mediterranean Sea, which is critical to trade. In the same vein, access to the Black Sea provides avenues for power projection across the region. As Russian forces secure Eastern-South Ukraine to create a buffer state and the rest of the country successfully demilitarized; they greatly reduce the NATO threat.

Edited by Occult1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked