Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?


Grim Reaper 6
 Share

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

This is just the beginning. If Russia comes out of this relatively unscathed and unopposed militarily, Georgia and the Baltic States will be next. It takes a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun and all we have is a Biden.

I'd tend to agree. Putin is not scared of sanctions. Its going to take reducing his ability to invade, or replacing him, for him to stop. 

I read an article were the PM of Finland said he's not really scared of Putin because the NATO protects them. I wonder what he's thinking now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • DarkHunter

    1305

  • Helen of Annoy

    3260

  • Occult1

    1649

  • Grim Reaper 6

    1325

3 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I'd tend to agree. Putin is not scared of sanctions. Its going to take reducing his ability to invade, or replacing him, for him to stop. 

I read an article were the PM of Finland said he's not really scared of Putin because the NATO protects them. I wonder what he's thinking now?

I'd advise him to remember how well protected the Low Countries were in WW2 by the League of Nations. Blistering salvos of rhetoric never stopped a single bomb.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BERLIN — Alfons Mais, the chief of the German army, has sharply criticized the state of the country’s armed forces, slamming underinvestment in its military equipment against the backdrop of a Russian invasion of Ukraine.

“The Bundeswehr, the army that I am privileged to lead, is more or less bare. The options that we can offer the politicians to support the alliance are extremely limited,” 

Meanwhile, the foreign policy spokesman of the SPD’s parliamentary group, Nils Schmid, told German radio Deutschlandfunk that: “Whether military aid from the West will help at this point remains to be seen.”

https://www.politico.eu/article/i-am-p***ed-off-chief-of-the-german-army-alfons-mais-states/

 

It looks like the Germans have already surrendered. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

BERLIN — Alfons Mais, the chief of the German army, has sharply criticized the state of the country’s armed forces, slamming underinvestment in its military equipment against the backdrop of a Russian invasion of Ukraine.

“The Bundeswehr, the army that I am privileged to lead, is more or less bare. The options that we can offer the politicians to support the alliance are extremely limited,” 

Meanwhile, the foreign policy spokesman of the SPD’s parliamentary group, Nils Schmid, told German radio Deutschlandfunk that: “Whether military aid from the West will help at this point remains to be seen.”

https://www.politico.eu/article/i-am-p***ed-off-chief-of-the-german-army-alfons-mais-states/

 

It looks like the Germans have already surrendered. 

The Bundeswehr, once one of the top five militaries in the world, is a shadow, a mere hollow shell of it's once formidable self. Thirty years of neglect have left it, largely, impotent. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

The Bundeswehr, once one of the top five militaries in the world, is a shadow, a mere hollow shell of it's once formidable self. Thirty years of neglect have left it, largely, impotent. 

Not helped by the ex German Defense Minister Von der Leyen now EU commission president and in charge of the EU's response to the Ukraine invasion.

https://www.politico.eu/article/ursula-von-der-leyen-biography-career-inconvenient-truth/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ukraine: Central Europe braces for millions of refugees after Russia invasion.

Central Europe is bracing for the arrival of millions of Ukrainians following the Russian invasion, with Poland setting up reception points on the border and the continent’s leaders pledging help.

Poland is ready for almost a million people to arrive in the country, and began to set up eight reception points for refugees along its border.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/ukraine-refugees-russia-war-asylum-b2022220.html

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Not helped by the ex German Defense Minister Von der Leyen now EU commission president and in charge of the EU's response to the Ukraine invasion.

https://www.politico.eu/article/ursula-von-der-leyen-biography-career-inconvenient-truth/

He was just a mouthpiece for his boss. How time flies.

See the source image

https://youtu.be/3un5f6qLi_k

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Russian ambassador to UK summoned to explain 'illegal, unprovoked invasion of Ukraine'

British Foreign Secretary Liz Truss says UK will be imposing severe sanctions on Russia.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/russian-ambassador-to-uk-summoned-to-explain-illegal-unprovoked-invasion-of-ukraine/2512655

Oh my! I bet comrade Putin is quaking in his jackboots. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Putin apparently calling in big business to soothe nerves after stock market crash and currency devaluation.

Kremlin calls large business for a meeting on Thursday, TASS says.

Executives representing Russia's largest companies, including from the IT sector, were invited to take part in a meeting in the Kremlin on Thursday, TASS news agency reported, citing sources.

https://www.reuters.com/business/kremlin-calls-large-business-meeting-thursday-tass-says-2022-02-24/?rpc=401&

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Oh my! I bet comrade Putin is quaking in his jackboots. 

She has an impressive handbag ;)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Still waiting for the sanctions to work?

To be fair she was assuming that Putin was rational. Turns out he's a bit fringe.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

To be fair she was assuming that Putin was rational. Turns out he's a bit fringe.

It looks like lulling Western Europe into a false sense of security for twenty years, to the point where they neglected upkeep of their militaries, is paying huge dividends for his investment. Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope China doesn't take this distraction as an opportunity to go after Taiwan. :devil:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DieChecker said:

I hope China doesn't take this distraction as an opportunity to go after Taiwan. :devil:

China's in a quandary, as the bulk of their forces are only sons, courtesy of the single child policy. A family line will end with, virtually, every death, with no one to take care of their parents in old age, as is Chinese custom.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


According to the information of the department, the Russian military with high-precision weapons disable air defense facilities, military infrastructure, aviation of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and military airfields in Kiev, in Kharkov. in the Dnieper. Artillery attacks on the border,

received information about at least four explosions in Kramatorsk, a powerful explosion in Odessa, Kharkov, Berdyansk. CNN also stated that the tanks were entering Ukraine from Belarus.


Attacks on border units, border equipment and checkpoints are carried out with the use of artillery, heavy equipment and firearms.

In the Kiev region, Russian troops broke through the state border.

Enemy military equipment entered through the Vilcha checkpoint. Border guards together with the Ukrainian military accepted the fight.
In addition, hail shelling was carried out at the location of the Mlachivka Border Guard Service of the Zhytomyr Detachment.
Russian troops struck at the airfield in Gostomel

Several more explosions took place in Odesa, and military units were hit.


Russian strikes:

photo1645691196_621741d9c3ec0.jpeg

2022_Russian_invasion_of_Ukraine.svg

War_in_Ukraine_(2022)_ru.png

 

 

 

Just heard a military plane flying through the city.
There are lines of cars at gas stations, at ATMs and in shops full of people on the street, crowds of cars. There will be enough food for 15-20 days. People are warned to seal the windows in case of a bombing.

Two days ago I had a dream about a big earthquake, a strong storm and the sky is black and houses are falling, and those that are smaller are dilapidated, one meaning of the dream book is interethnic war.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Coil said:


According to the information of the department, the Russian military with high-precision weapons disable air defense facilities, military infrastructure, aviation of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and military airfields in Kiev, in Kharkov. in the Dnieper. Artillery attacks on the border,

received information about at least four explosions in Kramatorsk, a powerful explosion in Odessa, Kharkov, Berdyansk. CNN also stated that the tanks were entering Ukraine from Belarus.


Attacks on border units, border equipment and checkpoints are carried out with the use of artillery, heavy equipment and firearms.

In the Kiev region, Russian troops broke through the state border.

Enemy military equipment entered through the Vilcha checkpoint. Border guards together with the Ukrainian military accepted the fight.
In addition, hail shelling was carried out at the location of the Mlachivka Border Guard Service of the Zhytomyr Detachment.
Russian troops struck at the airfield in Gostomel

Several more explosions took place in Odesa, and military units were hit.


Russian strikes:

photo1645691196_621741d9c3ec0.jpeg

2022_Russian_invasion_of_Ukraine.svg

War_in_Ukraine_(2022)_ru.png

 

 

 

Just heard a military plane flying through the city.
There are lines of cars at gas stations, at ATMs and in shops full of people on the street, crowds of cars. There will be enough food for 15-20 days. People are warned to seal the windows in case of a bombing.

Two days ago I had a dream about a big earthquake, a strong storm and the sky is black and houses are falling, and those that are smaller are dilapidated, one meaning of the dream book is interethnic war.

 

Whose department? 

Is it an information confirmed by Ukrainian authorities? May I have the link?  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

 

Whose department? 

Is it an information confirmed by Ukrainian authorities? May I have the link?  

These are messages from the Russians who write that they don’t shoot at cities, but disable our air defense and airfields:

https://news.rambler.ru/army/48193113-v-minoborony-rf-utochnili-detali-spetsoperatsii-v-donbasse/?utm_source=RCM-122C&from=RCM-122C&utm_campaign=rcm584e1b99&utm_medium=rec&utm_content=news.rambler.ru

Our authorities report that they shot down 6 Russian planes and knocked out 4 tanks, and the Russians deny this .

I have to leave the forum I'll come in the evening.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Coil said:

These are messages from the Russians who write that they don’t shoot at cities, but disable our air defense and airfields:

https://news.rambler.ru/army/48193113-v-minoborony-rf-utochnili-detali-spetsoperatsii-v-donbasse/?utm_source=RCM-122C&from=RCM-122C&utm_campaign=rcm584e1b99&utm_medium=rec&utm_content=news.rambler.ru

Our authorities report that they shot down 6 Russian planes and knocked out 4 tanks, and the Russians deny this .

I have to leave the forum I'll come in the evening.

 

I know that's Russian official story, this is why I asked has Ukraine confirmed that. 

I know Ukraine didn't and wouldn't, even if it was true, which it is not.   

 

So, later. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

There was no legal way for NATO military intervention, Ukraine did not ask for it to be done and would not allow it. 

Why in the world would Ukraine do that. That makes no sense to me.

Military strength is the only thing that would stop them being invaded 

Edited by spartan max2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Putin gets a foothold in Ukraine ,which Country is next on the list as he won't stop there , sanctions won't stop him . He took over Crimea and Countries objected but did nothing then , so it looks like unless he is stopped it will be war with N.A.T.O. ,and that means the end of the world as far as humans are concerned , because I don't doubt that he will use Nukes if things go against his plan ,and worse still is China sitting in the wings waiting to see what happens ,before they kick off . 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sanctions just seem like they will obviously not do anything.

Of course Putin will take the short term loss form sanctions so that he can get a long term gain from conquering Ukraine. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Sanctions just seem like they will obviously not do anything.

Of course Putin will take the short term loss form sanctions so that he can get a long term gain from conquering Ukraine. 

And if he can’t, he will absolutely resort to nuking the country. Not even hyperbolic. He has been tossing around the notion of nuclear war so much that It might seem like exaggerated rhetoric to uphold the “Russia stronk like bear” image, but it is actually true. He suspended the Moscow exchange, FFS. This is crippling Russia, what do you think he would do to Ukraine, something that he thinks does not even legally exist?

He is at the point now where he would probably rather destroy the entire country rather than accept a loss. That is the type of man he is.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Why in the world would Ukraine do that. That makes no sense to me.

Military strength is the only thing that would stop them being invaded 

At this stage and especially until yesterday, before the invasion physically started, it would be counter-productive. 

Ukraine is independent country, they need support but they are not NATO member yet. Inviting actual NATO forces wouldn't stop the invasion, but it would create an impression that Putin's paranoia is justified. 

It looks weird, but it is necessary to follow the actual laws. There's no "NATO aggressor" in Ukraine, but there is Putler's aggressor force attacking Ukraine. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   3 members

    • Stiff
    • Occult1
    • jules99