Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

2 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Everything you said is wrong. 

It's a waste of time to explain each point, if you wanted to have an objective picture, you'd have it by now. 

What I want to say to you is that there are real people being killed in Ukraine right now. 

Each argument, each divisiveness in the West is helping Putin. The more we are divided, the better for him.

So you are willing to risk nuclear holocaust over it? Is there no price to high? Putin was already helped directly into this mess, by the guy sitting in the white house right now. How many times are you folks going to fall for their war mongering BS? Cause the number is already high, and proven afterwards, time and again to be absolute BS. And its proven time after time, to be far more hurtful then helpful. 

Well it looks like WW3 begins today. All you peace loving "liberals" sure look like a bunch of war mongers to me. 

• Confused 2

UK's Johnson to Germany's Scholz: Inaction on Ukraine would have unthinkable consequences

LONDON, Feb 24 (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson told German Chancellor Olaf Scholz that Western "inaction or underreaction" in response to Russia invading Ukraine would have unthinkable consequences, a spokeswoman for his office said on Thursday.

https://www.reuters.com/business/finance/uks-johnson-germanys-scholz-inaction-ukraine-would-have-unthinkable-consequences-2022-02-24/?rpc=401&

25 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

What people? What are their qualifications to make such a statement? I'm not even saying it isn't true. I'm saying the price is just to high to pay. Maybe if government in general over the last 20 years hadn't been so reckless with spending our money, or stopping oil production, maybe we could afford it. To many people here are hurting already, to ask us to give more is going to be a disaster. Over something that doesn't affect us at all.

It's not that hard, its definitely not a Su-24 or Su-25 as the wings are completely different.  That leaves the Mig-29 and Su-27.  When looking closer at the image the planes wings and fuselage are more smooth then blocky/angled so that roles out the Mig-29, plus some frames seem to show the weird little tail thing that Su-27s and Su-35s have that Mig-29s lack.

That leaves it as either a Su-27 or Su-35.  Ukraine only has 32 Su-27s of which 6 are meant for training.  Russia has both and has moved both into the area to use.  Since just about everyone who claims to be familiar with Russian aircraft have said it was a Su-35 I'm leaning towards going with the consensus despite not knowing the consensus' level of expertise.  Even then logically why would a Ukranian jet fire air to ground missiles towards Ukranian houses, it's not impossible but it seems unlikely.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

What people? What are their qualifications to make such a statement? I'm not even saying it isn't true. I'm saying the price is just to high to pay. Maybe if government in general over the last 20 years hadn't been so reckless with spending our money, or stopping oil production, maybe we could afford it. To many people here are hurting already, to ask us to give more is going to be a disaster. Over something that doesn't affect us at all.

I think you need to de-program yourself from your media.  Left media, Right media...it's all the same.  Helen is quite right...this is not the time for division...and you shouldn't really need anyone to explain to you what is going on.  

If you don't know by now...it's probably to late.  And if you think this doesn't affect us...When Russia is on the move militarily against their neighbors and you seriously think it doesn't affect the United States?   

Hey, here is an idea...while people are being killed by Russian jet fighters in Ukraine...let's have a beach party...we'll eat some crabs, drink some margaritas, play some Jimmy Buffet CD's and then just before the tide rolls in...let's all go down to the shore and bury our heads in the sand!  Tide?  What tide?  

• Thanks 6

More than a hundred municipal deputies from Moscow, St Petersburg, Samara, Ryazan and other cities have signed an open letter to the citizens of Russia, urging them not to take part or stay silent.

“We, the deputies elected by the people, unreservedly condemn the attack of the Russian army on Ukraine,” the letter reads. “This is an unparalleled atrocity for which there is and cannot be justification.”

Large-scale protests are reportedly planned in several Russian cities later on Thursday, and social media images have showed an increased number of single-pickets across the country.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/2/24/no-choice-but-to-invade-ukraine-kremlin

• Like 2

Russian VDV units did an air assault to capture Antonov airport close to Kiev a few hours ago and have taken the airport.  Seems the Ukranian military has started an operation to retake the airport, last I heard Ukranian artillery/MLRS were firing on the airport before Ukranian military tries to retake it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

So you are willing to risk nuclear holocaust over it?

Putin keeps making more-less veiled threats that he'll use nuclear weapons. 

The reason why is that he knows he can't occupy, let alone keep occupied, Ukraine and especially not the further land grabs he has in mind, if he sticks to conventional warfare.

He intends to extort being the dictator of the resurrected USSR, by using threat of nuclear weapons. 

He is not sane. 

If he was, he'd enjoy European gas money or at least back off before ruining Russia. 

It's Russia he'll destroy first and most. 

The problem here are not Ukrainians or liberals or whoever, provoking the madman, the problem is the madman having access to nukes. Anything is provocation to him.

And the bottom line is, you know, I won't have some Putler ****ting on my head, even if the price is nuclear holocaust. 

Bring it on :) 

• Thanks 1

Putin keeps making more-less veiled threats that he'll use nuclear weapons. 

The reason why is that he knows he can't occupy, let alone keep occupied, Ukraine and especially not the further land grabs he has in mind, if he sticks to conventional warfare.

He intends to extort being the dictator of the resurrected USSR, by using threat of nuclear weapons. 

He is not sane. 

If he was, he'd enjoy European gas money or at least back off before ruining Russia. 

It's Russia he'll destroy first and most. 

The problem here are not Ukrainians or liberals or whoever, provoking the madman, the problem is the madman having access to nukes. Anything is provocation to him.

And the bottom line is, you know, I won't have some Putler ****ting on my head, even if the price is nuclear holocaust. 

Bring it on :) 

Well ok, at least you have the guts to face the possible truth of this situation. At least you are willing to see where this most likely goes. And even apparently are willing to see the entire planet go up in smoke for it. Good to see one of you stand by your convictions. It's just too bad that it won't only affect you. That some people see this planet, and the life on it as not worth giving up over this, for a bunch of war mongers 

BTW a simple, you move one inch into Europe and we will wipe you off the planet will work just fine against Russia. They just have to believe you mean it. They are not going to invade Europe. 

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

BTW a simple, you move one inch into Europe and we will wipe you off the planet will work just fine against Russia.

Yes, just like when people laughed at the thought of Russia invading, yet here we are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

So you are willing to risk nuclear holocaust over it?

goddamn right...death or freedom...pick one...torpedos be damned

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

BTW a simple, you move one inch into Europe and we will wipe you off the planet will work just fine against Russia. They just have to believe you mean it. They are not going to invade Europe. 

That is pretty ballsey for someone who is afraid to risk nuclear holocaust. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

It's not that hard, its definitely not a Su-24 or Su-25 as the wings are completely different.  That leaves the Mig-29 and Su-27.  When looking closer at the image the planes wings and fuselage are more smooth then blocky/angled so that roles out the Mig-29, plus some frames seem to show the weird little tail thing that Su-27s and Su-35s have that Mig-29s lack.

That leaves it as either a Su-27 or Su-35.  Ukraine only has 32 Su-27s of which 6 are meant for training.  Russia has both and has moved both into the area to use.  Since just about everyone who claims to be familiar with Russian aircraft have said it was a Su-35 I'm leaning towards going with the consensus despite not knowing the consensus' level of expertise.  Even then logically why would a Ukranian jet fire ait to ground missiles towards Ukranian houses, it's not impossible but it seems unlikely.

You think the US couldn't get ahold of one of those jets? 

• Confused 1

No. I also think the US is not as great as propaganda has led you to believe. The US was never the unstoppable force that they liked to portray themselves as.

This conflict is very revealing. 

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, joc said:

That is pretty ballsey for someone who is afraid to risk nuclear holocaust. 

Thats what MAD is all about. I wouldn't see a choice at that point. If he tries to take over any part of Europe, then he really is what you guys believe he is, and there would be no choice. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I think the US is not as great as propaganda has led you to believe. The US was never the unstoppable force that they liked to portray themselves as. 

I don't believe we are unstoppable at all. I think getting involved in this weakens us big time. Literally going to send millions into abject poverty, already announced. Doesn't sound like a super power to me. 

ETA I think the only thing this administration is good at is propaganda

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

They are not going to invade Europe. 

They just did. Ukraine is Europe. So is Russia, all the way to the Ural.  

Only an idiot would think now that Putin will stop at any line. He's insane and he doesn't care for Russia. Russians must get rid of him, that's the only way this crap stops. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Thats what MAD is all about.

MAD also doesn’t necessarily hold as much weight as it used to, for a couple of reasons.

1.) it assumes that anti-missile systems are not sophisticated enough to handle the onslaught.

2.) it was developed at a time when “hypersonic” missiles were purely science fiction. A barrage of nukes could launch and hit all targets potentially before the opponent had a chance to react. Because it is in orbit it would not be able to be tracked by traditional defense systems.

I don’t think MAD necessarily applies anymore. 

• Thanks 1

They just did. Ukraine is Europe. So is Russia, all the way to the Ural.  

Only an idiot would think now that Putin will stop at any line. He's insane and he doesn't care for Russia. Russians must get rid of him, that's the only way this crap stops. 

Well ok then, you sure drank the cool-aid. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

So now America somehow acquired a Russian jet, flew it all the way to Ukraine, including the needed weapon systems as it would need Russian air to ground missiles along with maintenance, then flew it during an active war to target Ukranian civilians.  That is insane and utterly ridiculous.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

MAD also doesn’t necessarily hold as much weight as it used to, for a couple of reasons.

1.) it assumes that anti-missile systems are not sophisticated enough to handle the onslaught.

2.) it was developed at a time when “hypersonic” missiles were purely science fiction. A barrage of nukes could launch and hit all targets potentially before the opponent had a chance to react. Because it is in orbit it would not be able to be tracked by traditional defense systems.

I don’t think MAD necessarily applies anymore. 

You really believe the US and EU can't nuke Russia? It very much applies. I gotta bow out of this conversation. It's literally making me sick. We really do deserve what's about to happen. smh

3 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

So now America somehow acquired a Russian jet, flew it all the way to Ukraine, including the needed weapon systems as it would need Russian air to ground missiles along with maintenance, then flew it during an active war to target Ukranian civilians.  That is insane and utterly ridiculous.

I don't recall adding that much detail, and it seems you assume a lot here. I know that false flag operations to get the crowd cheering are pretty normal for this country. 

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

You really believe the US and EU can't nuke Russia? It very much applies. I gotta bow out of this conversation. It's literally making me sick. We really do deserve what's about to happen. smh

Of course it is making you sick.  You are too politically involved to actually stand back and look at what is and has been going on in Russia for the last several decades.  Go listen to talk radio...it'll make  you feel more special.

• Like 2

I don't recall adding that much detail, and it seems you assume a lot here. I know that false flag operations to get the crowd cheering are pretty normal for this country. 

I'm safely assuming far less then you are.  You are suggesting America is involved in a false flag attack during an active war for whatever reason you think makes sense when the more logical possibility with the least assumptions is Russia used an aircraft to attack a target using standard Russian combat doctrine.  Russia has shown in Syria they dont care much about civilian casualties or even targeting civilians.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joc said:

Of course it is making you sick.  You are too politically involved to actually stand back and look at what is and has been going on in Russia for the last several decades.  Go listen to talk radio...it'll make  you feel more special.

I am not politically involved at all. WTH are you talking about?? You are the ones believing the politicians. You are the ones falling for war mongering propaganda AGAIN. I just want to keep the planet in one piece, and afford to take care of my family. So F off war monger. 

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked