Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

7 minutes ago, AlonaLameDeer said:

"Liberated"

Funny word for taking another persons land... Your (Most likely payed for) Bias is showing.

The Luhansk People's Republic no longer wants to be part of Ukraine. They are overwhelmingly pro-Russian. For them, it's a liberation.

I support secessionist movements as a whole and the right for a people to choose it's own destiny.

Edited by Occult1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Occult1 said:

The Luhansk People's Republic no longer wants to be part of Ukraine. They are liberated.

I support secessionist movements as a whole and right for a people to choose it's own destiny.

So what happens when half of the people in Luhansk decide they don't want to be part of the rest of Luhansk any more, do they have a right to secede and choose their own destiny?

For that matter, what about Ukraine?  Didn't they have a right to stop being a part of the USSR and choose their own destiny?  Do you support that secessionist movement?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

So what happens when half of the people in Luhansk decide they don't want to be part of the rest of Luhansk any more, do they have a right to secede and choose their own destiny?

In 2014, 96,2% people in Luhanks Oblast voted to separate from Ukraine. I believe they will hold another one pretty soon whether or not to join Russia. That's how democracy works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Donbas_status_referendums

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukrainian-rebel-region-may-hold-referendum-joining-russia-2022-03-27/

Edited by Occult1

2 hours ago, Occult1 said:

That's how democracy works.

From your linked article

The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) released an audio recording on 5 May that they said was a phone call between a Donetsk separatist leader named Dima Boitsov, and the leader of the far-right paramilitary Russian National Unity group Alexander Barkashov. In the recording, Boitsov said he wanted to postpone the referendum due to the DPR's inability to control all of Donetsk Oblast. Barkashov said that he had communicated with Putin, and insisted Boitsov hold the referendum regardless of the separatist leader's concerns. He suggested that Boitsov tabulate the results as 99% in favour of autonomy.[26] Separatists stated that the recording was fake.[27]

Swiss newspaper Tages-Anzeiger reported that voters were able to vote as many times as they wanted.[28] Internal Affairs ministry officials branded the vote a farce, and said that just over 32 percent of registered voters in Donetsk Oblast participated in the vote.[29]

According to Andrei Buzin, co-chair of GOLOS Association, there were significant irregularities in the organisation and holding of the referendum.[30]

Is that how democracy works is it, legitimised by the oh so democratic Russia?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Occult1 said:

In 2014, 96,2% people in Luhanks Oblast voted to separate from Ukraine. I believe they will hold another one pretty soon whether or not to join Russia. That's how democracy works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Donbas_status_referendums

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukrainian-rebel-region-may-hold-referendum-joining-russia-2022-03-27/

And probably you believe that these referedums were actual legal, legit, free and representative of the locals, no russian interference at all.

Not to mention all the pro Ukraine voters that had to fled.....

AND finally all the fraud part mentioned in your link that you kindly forgot to add to your comment.

Edited by godnodog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, godnodog said:

And probably you believe that these referedums were actual legal, legit, free and representative of the locals, no russian interference at all.

Not to mention all the pro Ukraine voters that had to fled.....

AND finally all the fraud part mentioned in your link that you kindly forgot to add to your comment.

No no no, Papa Putler is a good Papa, he wouldn't do such bad things. This is all the evil West's doing, he pushed the people of Donetsk and Luhansk to join MotherRussia. Isn't that right Putlerbot1?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Occult1 said:

In 2014, 96,2% people in Luhanks Oblast voted to separate from Ukraine.

That is much different than voting to become part of Russia.  

If a state in the USA voted to succeed from the United States, it would be a huge stretch to say they want to be part of Mexico.  

9 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

No China is the only player in Asia and to date they are not rattling any sabers, but if China and Russia join forces then there is reason to be concerned!:yes:

Hi Manwon, I hope you are well. :)

After seeing just how surprisingly poor Russia's military have been, do you think there is a possibility that China could be similar? Corruption/Poor quality equipment etc? Or is that wishful thinking?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Occult1 said:

The Luhansk People's Republic no longer wants to be part of Ukraine. They are overwhelmingly pro-Russian. For them, it's a liberation.

I support secessionist movements as a whole and the right for a people to choose it's own destiny.

I'm sure this counts the several parts of Russia that want to leave right?
Including the one's Russian bombs cities flat in to keep right?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Stiff said:

After seeing just how surprisingly poor Russia's military have been, do you think there is a possibility that China could be similar? Corruption/Poor quality equipment etc? Or is that wishful thinking?

Now remember that... I'm just an 18 year old in the middle of know were but...

Even without considering corruption and all that.

China basically shares a lot of the same structural issues that Russia does in it's military. That is to say a massive lack of logistical capability, no real logistics ships or aircraft for the size of it's military.
And Taiwan's air force is much more modern then Ukraine's is/was.
And more importantly... Taiwan is an island...

We can see just how hard it is to really protect ships at sea, some of the Russian navy has been damage by literally rocket launchers and ATGM's.
There is a reason that D-Day was so massive, landing troops is hard. And then Supplying them is even harder. You basically need overwhelming force, and the ability to supply your force and protect the ships and aircraft supplying them. China actually doesn't need to be as incompetent as Russia to fail.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AlonaLameDeer said:

Now remember that... I'm just an 18 year old in the middle of know were but...

Even without considering corruption and all that.

China basically shares a lot of the same structural issues that Russia does in it's military. That is to say a massive lack of logistical capability, no real logistics ships or aircraft for the size of it's military.
And Taiwan's air force is much more modern then Ukraine's is/was.
And more importantly... Taiwan is an island...

We can see just how hard it is to really protect ships at sea, some of the Russian navy has been damage by literally rocket launchers and ATGM's.
There is a reason that D-Day was so massive, landing troops is hard. And then Supplying them is even harder. You basically need overwhelming force, and the ability to supply your force and protect the ships and aircraft supplying them. China actually doesn't need to be as incompetent as Russia to fail.

You've only made 79 posts and yet you're already one of the better posts on this site. Hats off to ya!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Thanks for your comments my friend.

To my knowledge there is certainly corruption in Chinas Government, as far as the quality of their equipment is concerned though I am uncertain because China unlike Russia, China has not exported their Military Equipment all over the world. It’s been obvious for many years that Russian Military equipment could not match that of the United States, except the AK-Series Rife designs, those dam things are indestructible! :D The reason I can comment on the Russian equipment is because the US has faced and defeated it on battlefields around the world. But, one thing China has that no other country in the world can match is manpower that could be used for Military purposes and this is a very important asset. 

Hope this helps, hope you and yours are in good health my friend. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

To my knowledge there is certainly corruption in Chinas Government, as far as the quality of their equipment is concerned though I am uncertain because China unlike Russia, China has not exported their Military Equipment all over the world. It’s been obvious for many years that Russian Military equipment could not match that of the United States, except the AK-Series Rife designs, those dam things are indestructible! :D The reason I can comment on the Russian equipment is because the US has faced and defeated it on battlefields around the world. But, one thing China has that no other country in the world can match is manpower that could be used for Military purposes and this is a very important asset. 

Isn't China military exports increasing fairly rapidly? Specially  past few years? After this botched invasion by Putler I would be surprised if his minions lose money on arms after the **** show of a performance they've carried out. Specially since more Western weaponry has been introduced. Wouldn't be surprised if China are thinking twice regarding whether or not to buy Russian arms!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Let's not forget the absolute amazing manufacturing capabilities, but then again quality wise it would be unknown, specially in war time efforts.

• Like 1

Just now, ThereWeAreThen said:

Isn't China military exports increasing fairly rapidly? Specially  past few years? After this botched invasion by Putler I would be surprised if his minions lose money on arms after the **** show of a performance they've carried out. Specially since more Western weaponry has been introduced. Wouldn't be surprised if China are thinking twice regarding whether or not to buy Russian arms!

China would never purchase Russian Weapons, whether we like it or not China is a Superpower and they certainly have the ability to make any weapons they would ever need. As far as Chinese Weapons exports are concerned I am not aware of who they are exporting major military weapons too?

However, there will always be a world market for Russian Arms because their lack of quality also makes them cheaper and not all Nations can afford the best Weapon’s available my friend.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

China would never purchase Russian Weapons, whether we like it or not China is a Superpower and they certainly have the ability to make any weapons they would ever need. As far as Chinese Weapons exports are concerned I am not aware of who they are exporting major military weapons too?

However, there will always be a world market for Russian Arms because their lack of quality also makes them cheaper and not all Nations can afford the best Weapon’s available my friend.  

Aren't alot of Chinese fighter jets based of off Russia fighters? Su-27, Su-33 and Su-35? Could've sworn they've spent billion on Putlers ****ty weapons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Aren't alot of Chinese fighter jets based of off Russia fighters? Su-27, Su-33 and Su-35? Could've sworn they've spent billion on Putlers ****ty weapons.

Years ago the Chinese did copy Russian Weapons, including the AK-47 this was during the time when Mao Zedong was China’s leader. During that time frame Russia and China were at war with each other, and many of the Russian weapons, including Tanks and Artillery were captured and copied. China, has always tried to get they hands on military technology of others Nations to copy including US Military equipment, and even our Space Shuttle designs. Maybe in years past they did also buy Russian Weapons, however in the last 20 or 30 years I believe they are building their own, but I certainly could be wrong my friend.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Years ago the Chinese did copy Russian Weapons, including the AK-47 this was during the time when Mao Zedong was China’s leader. During that time frame Russia and China were at war with each other, and many of the Russian weapons, including Tanks and Artillery were captured and copied. China, has always tried to get they hands on military technology of others Nations to copy including US Military equipment, and even our Space Shuttle designs. Maybe in years past they did also buy Russian Weapons, however in the last 20 or 30 years I believe they are building their own, but I certainly could be wrong my friend.  

Looks like they have been buying Russian ****e dude. https://www.scmp.com/news/china/military/article/3139603/how-china-grew-buyer-major-arms-trade-player

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/9/infographic-which-countries-buy-the-most-russian-weapons

Edited by ThereWeAreThen
another source
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

I had no idea, thanks for the correction I learned something new today!:tu:

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yep , from what i have read and seen , it seems like China copies a lot of stuff from others , even their space program seems this way. I haven't really researched it , this just from what i seen or read.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, razman said:

Yep , from what i have read and seen , it seems like China copies a lot of stuff from others , even their space program seems this way. I haven't really researched it , this just from what i seen or read.

Another thing most people don't know is that China demands technology transfer to foreign companies wanting to manufacture/do business in China, this create s big issues to parent protection and technology secrets.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, razman said:

Yea they have stealing and copying technology from around the world for many years. Copyright infringement has no meaning to them at all,  like you I haven’t researched it much either but it’s in the news so frequently I don’t think it’s necessary!

Be well my friend, hope you and yours are healthy and safe.

13 minutes ago, godnodog said:

Another thing most people don't know is that China demands technology transfer to foreign companies wanting to manufacture/do business in China, this create s big issues to parent protection and technology secrets.

Yea , their cyber program is huge as well , all to hack and steal anything they can get , info , technology , etc......... One thing this Ukraine war shows though , is how difficult it can be logistically to move and supply an army , i mean Ukraine is right next to Russia , and one can see the difficulties.

Edited by razman
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, godnodog said:

Would be nice to see us get away from China manufacturing , not sure how easy that is though.

• Like 3

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked