Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

16 minutes ago, and then said:

Do you really believe the Ukranian military was capable of invading your buds in Moscow?  Do you believe they'd launch such an attempt while 200K forces were staged on 3 sides of their borders?  There is ONE aggressor here and the world is quite aware of who that is.  The question is, what will be done.

As far as I understand it, Putin wanted garantees that Ukraine wouldn't join Nato. He wasn't able to get them so he decided to invade. That's a huge risk, since it can quickly turn into a quagmire for Russia. I'm sure they remember Afghanistan quite too well. After the invasion, the state will need to be rebuilt. That's a long and difficult process with no promise of success .

Edited by Only_
  • Like 1

According to the Ukranian commander in chief the total of destroyed Russuan equipment after the first day is 30 Russian tanks, 130 armored vehicles, 5 aircraft, and 6 helicopters.

If Ukraine can hold on till Monday without Russia making massive gains or taking something critical their chances of ending this quickly will improve drastically.  The chances of them being able to do that isnt that good.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Mobile crematoriums have been spotted in the rear/staging areas of the Russian lines.  Seems like Putin isnt planning on sending bodies back to Russia.  Cant imagine that a mobile crematorium would be good for troop moral.

I just saw that, as well.  It also makes me wonder if these capabilities will be used during the "De-Nazification" of Ukraine.  :(   I also wonder how far he can be damaged economically before he escalates.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/russia-deploys-mobile-crematoriums-follow-26314565

Edited by and then

4 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Russia will quickly overrun Ukraine in a matter of days.  They have the military capability. Does you seriously believe Ukraine stands a chance?

We have reports from the National Security Council in the U.S. that the invasion won't last very long.

image.jpeg.0e3f31ce192f9bf514fb834c959293d9.jpeg

Uh huh... It probably won't take them long to damage cities, kill troops, and generally cause suffering in Ukraine.  The part that comes AFTER THAT is the part he seems to be ignoring.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Occult1 said:

It would be very uncomfortable or downright dangerous for the United States to have such a state threatening it's borders.

I agree with this^.  The problem Vlad has is that this isn't his "first rodeo".  Georgia, Crimea... he's developed a pattern and NATO nations have to assume that he will continue that pattern.  We should be bolstering strength in Poland, Romania, the Baltic states, and Czech Republic ASAP.  Those militaries should be trained-up with NATO forces to send the message to Putin - this far and no farther!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope "Vlad Puta" will burn in eternal hell for this. I have friends in the Ukraine and they don't deserve this. 
Vlad isn't going to stop here, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are next unless someone seriously draws the line here 
and threatens him and his people. China backing "Puta" isn't helping either. What's next? China to invade Hong Kong? Taiwan? 
I really think it's time for Europe to start acting like one and start putting large military units at every European/Russian border.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, and then said:

I just saw that, as well.  It also makes me wonder if these capabilities will be used during the "De-Nazification" of Ukraine.  :(   I also wonder how far he can be damaged economically before he escalates.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/russia-deploys-mobile-crematoriums-follow-26314565

They definitely would be, cant have the bodies of prisoners of war/captured politicians showing up or being found in a mass grave later.

As for the economic damage before he escalates that is impossible to say.  I think as stuff gets worse, both in the invasion and within Russian the more I think he will lash out and become increasingly erratic.  With the path he picked he either wins or he dies, only question is how many people he takes with him if he doesnt win.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RAyMO said:

What has changed is Putin effectively declaring he doesn't give a toss and will fire nukes if needs be. 

He has been making those kinds of loose statements for a few years.  I believe that the difference now is that he thinks he actually can intimidate the west into allowing him to do as he pleases as long as he refrains from using tactical nukes.  If so, THAT is a game of poker for an insane person.

• Like 3

Just now, and then said:

He has been making those kinds of loose statements for a few years.  I believe that the difference now is that he thinks he actually can intimidate the west into allowing him to do as he pleases as long as he refrains from using tactical nukes.  If so, THAT is a game of poker for an insane person.

To an extent I agree with you, but I also believe that if things went pear shaped for him, and he thought all was about to be lost, he would press the button. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, joc said:

Russia will take the Ukraine and there isn't a bloody thing anyone can do to stop it and THAT is his whole point...beyond the obvious desires to bring the Ukraine back under Russian Control.

No, no one will stop him this time.  I think you underestimate the consequences IF the western nations stand together on sanctions.  He has already stated that cutting Russia off from the SWIFT system would be seen as an act of war.  That tells me he understands that he can be badly harmed.  I'm not agitating for NATO to launch attacks against Russia.  I'm advocating that we do everything we can to bring home some very serious costs to him over this crime he's committing.  If we fail to do so, there's no reason to believe he will stop at Ukraine.

• Like 3

Further details of the failed air assault.

I know I keep bringing it up but Ukraine stopping this assault is massive and will be used as propaganda to demoralize the Russian troops.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Have faith in Ukrainians. They can defend themselves. They need no troops, they need support: diplomatic, logistic (that includes weapons of all sorts), intelligence, humanitarian, etc. 

It's very important that their struggle is perfectly clean - no argument in favour of Putler's lies and paranoia. 

Ukraine fights against Putler as an independent country. 

I've never seen a better case in today's world for a second amendment for every country. It may not work but at least it's something. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraines-zelenskiy-calls-citizens-fight-promises-weapons-2022-02-24/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

Unless a NATO member is victim of an armed attack, Article 5 for collective defense cannot be invoked.

You seem to be on the side of Russia in this...are you?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, and then said:

No, no one will stop him this time.  I think you underestimate the consequences IF the western nations stand together on sanctions.  He has already stated that cutting Russia off from the SWIFT system would be seen as an act of war.  That tells me he understands that he can be badly harmed.  I'm not agitating for NATO to launch attacks against Russia.  I'm advocating that we do everything we can to bring home some very serious costs to him over this crime he's committing.  If we fail to do so, there's no reason to believe he will stop at Ukraine.

I agree. Like I mentioned before in this thread, I hope "Vlad Puta" will burn in eternal hell for this. I have friends in the Ukraine and they don't deserve this. 
Vlad isn't going to stop here, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are next unless someone seriously draws the line here 
and threatens him and his people. China backing "Puta" isn't helping either. What's next? China to invade Hong Kong? Taiwan? 
I really think it's time for Europe to start acting like one and start putting large military units at every European/Russian border.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Russia has changed and it will change again. Putin is not Russia. 

This will be hard and it will seem like it's never going to end. But it will end. There's one single thing Kremlin said right and that is that this is not the beginning, but the end of war. 

This is one of the reasons that I actually love you Helen.   Your eternal optimism.  And I share it with you.  But Nations, like people don't change.  I have no trust in anything the Kremlin says or does.  I wish the best for you and the people of Ukraine.  It will end...but where will that leave the Ukraine...and all the rest of Europe?  I have no idea....

Putin isn't Russia...Russia is Russia...sigh

• Like 1

Russians have failed to take Sumy and are withdrawing.  Expected that Sumy will get attacked again later tonight with another artillery barrage and the Russians will try to take the city again tomorrow.

Intelligence leaks saying a second round of ballistic and cruise missile attacks will occur tonight starting at 3 am Ukranian time, or to put it another way in about thirty minutes.

1 hour ago, Grey Area said:

Well good luck with your balanced view, it’s yours to have.

As for the Nazi stuff, there may well be elements within the Ukraine that are far right.

Does that legitimise Putin’s cause?  Do these far right elements pose a significant threat to Russia itself?  Or are they one of numerous excuses for Putin’s Crusade?

Like I say, no sane person likes a Nazi, invading Ukraine is not the answer, and Putin created these antagonists himself back in 2014.  

Putin supported and funded Brexit,and he is reaping the rewards of a weaker Europe. The UK is now led by a clown. The EU has been damaged by Brexit. The elite in the Tory Party have been enriched and are constrained.

All well planned over the last decade.

• Like 2

Doesnt Russia have big old bombs that they could drop and wrap things up then and there?

The leader of Ukraine has moved his family out of Kiev to an undisclosed location but he is remaining in Kiev.  Ukraine got intelligence that Russia has him as number 1 target and hos family as number 2 target.  I'm hoping they got moved out of Ukraine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

he is remaining in Kiev. 

That's pretty admirable. In other recent world leader news Tredeu flees Ottowa because of truckers. What a contrast. 

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, F3SS said:

That's pretty admirable. In other recent world leader news Tredeu flees Ottowa because of truckers. What a contrast. 

It really is, he is being a legimate leader looking out for his people.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, F3SS said:

That's pretty admirable.

Hi F3SS

Damn straight.

8 minutes ago, F3SS said:

In other recent world leader news Tredeu flees Ottowa because of truckers. What a contrast. 

Irrelevant cheap shot, maybe we should send our truckers to Moscow and really scare them.

2 hours ago, and then said:

I agree with this^.  The problem Vlad has is that this isn't his "first rodeo".  Georgia, Crimea... he's developed a pattern and NATO nations have to assume that he will continue that pattern.  We should be bolstering strength in Poland, Romania, the Baltic states, and Czech Republic ASAP.  Those militaries should be trained-up with NATO forces to send the message to Putin - this far and no farther!

All of this could have been avoided if the West did not push it's NATO expansion plan to the East in the 1990's, to the point of literally surrounding Russia.

Edited by Occult1

1 hour ago, joc said:

You seem to be on the side of Russia in this...are you?

It's funny when someone doesn't buy into the mainstream news narrative he is labelled as pro Russia or whatever.

I believe only one side of the story is being regurgitated by our leaders and journalists here in the West.

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked