Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

3 hours ago, F3SS said:

On the world stage it's completely relevant. My God, the Ukrainian president is standing in the midst of actual bombs and the Canadian Prime Minister can't even look his own people in the eye. It's a tale of leadership VS cowardice and showmanship. If it helps, I have no faith in biden to show a spine now or ever. He's been hidden from adversity since the day he launched his campaign.

Perhaps if more world leaders stood as strong Russia wouldn't be so bold. Godspeed to the Ukrainian people. 

Read the room mate. Fire off in another thread about Canada if you want, but it has ****all to do with this topic and I think we’d all rather not have any partisan ****e to wade through in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, and then said:

I just saw that, as well.  It also makes me wonder if these capabilities will be used during the "De-Nazification" of Ukraine.  :(   I also wonder how far he can be damaged economically before he escalates.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/russia-deploys-mobile-crematoriums-follow-26314565

The photos I'm that link are from the below link. 

The photo comes from a 2013 clip of a bio waste cremation mobile unit. It wasn't used for bodies.

At this point it's rumour.

http://turmalin.ru/insineratory/

Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty: Zelenskiy Says More Than 130 Dead In Russian Invasion And That Ukraine Has Been 'Left Alone' To Fight.
https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-deaths-fighting-people-flee/31721630.html

The president also lamented that his country had been "left alone" to fight Russia. "Who is ready to fight alongside us? I don't see anyone."

I wonder what he means by this? He's getting military aid, and sanctions on Russia. I don't believe he's publicly asked for foreign troops yet.

Russian tanks deliberately crush Ukrainian civilian cars. (No visible blood but footage is extremely disturbing.) 

https://www.index.hr/vijesti/clanak/uznemirujuce-ruski-oklopnjak-u-kijevu-pregazio-civilni-auto-u-voznji/2342471.aspx

War ****ing criminals, Putin and everyone who fights for him. 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Russian troops have reached the outskirts of northern Kiev, but only on the western side of the Dnieper river.  Russians on the eastern side havent been able to advance due to Ukranian military, the Russians were able to advance on the western side by going through Chernobyl which allows a short straight shot to Kiev with no towns or significant fortifications to aid the Ukranian military in defense.

Intelligence reports of Russia planning a large scale air assault on Kiev involving tens of thousands of paratroopers, commandos, and saboteurs.  When such an assault would begin isnt either known or been released, but it did say the assault would depend on weather conditions.

Ukraine is saying this will be the roughest and bloodiest day of fighting.  

Heard an interesting report from a captured Russian soldier, not sure how true it is so take it for what one believes it is worth, but according to this Russian soldier no one in his unit even knew they were invading Ukraine.  According to him they were in Belarus doing a training exercise, got put on a plane to I believe Crimea but it doesnt really matter, told they were going for another military exercising and after landing got sent to the front and told they were invading Ukraine.  There have been reports of entire platoons surrendering to Ukrainian forces and videos of abandoned Russian military vehicles and equipment in Ukraine with no signs of damage or being fired upon.  This is just speculation but seems to suggest low morale amongst the Russian troops.

This is just my opinion but I do think if Ukraine can hold the line till Monday without Russia capturing any major city or something of massive strategic importance that Ukraine will have a good chance of winning the war.  There is already anti-war protests flaring up in Russia.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

25 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Russian tanks deliberately crush Ukrainian civilian cars. (No visible blood but footage is extremely disturbing.) 

https://www.index.hr/vijesti/clanak/uznemirujuce-ruski-oklopnjak-u-kijevu-pregazio-civilni-auto-u-voznji/2342471.aspx

There has been a lot of reports of war crimes already.  In Kharkiv/outskirts of Kharkiv it seems Russian tanks were firing at civilians vehicles, reports of multiple civilians killed or wounded.  On the first day despite Russian claims of using precision munitions to target Ukranian positions there were multiple cases of entire grad MLRS brigades firing at cities/towns in Ukraine.  

• Thanks 3

This hasnt been confirmed but it seems Ukraine has just fired a ballistic missile at a Russian airbase in Rostov Oblast.  Ukraine firing off it's own ballistic missiles in retaliation to Russian aggression does change things slightly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Figured you would want to know this but the guy in the car survived being ran over by the tank.  I guess this could be a different case but what are the chances of that.

• Thanks 3

On 2/13/2022 at 3:51 PM, Br Cornelius said:

It would be a proxy war not a direct confrontation. Ukraine would be supplied by NATO and the US but would do all the on the ground fighting. However once it started its impossible to predict what way it would develop. Is a proxy war a war between the USA and Russia ? I think so.

All the Russian psych-ops pro-Russian and pro-Trump propaganda that has been washing over America has blinded many Republicans to the nature of the Russian threat, they some how imagine that their support for Trump means Russia is an ally.

Br Cornelius

It's your precious EU that Putin sees as weak not the US.

Putin has tried, but failed, to divide the governments of the EU and UK.

The EU though has no proper leadership, lots of red tape, wishy washy chats in Brussels and takes hours and days longer to make decisions while Putin tries a lightning strike conflict.

UK has already documented, voted on and enacted their first and second raft of sanctions with more coming on Monday. EU meanwhile, dawdling (this morning they were "preparing" serious sanctions) and every hour matters now.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, odas said:

Stay safe Coil.

Thank you, I'm sitting at home although people walk the streets as usual. A military plane flew over the city four times and the sounds of a siren were heard.

Our troops destroy Russian GRAD and tanks.They are blowing up bridges to prevent the enemy from being crossed by vehicles.

aux-head-1645786798-20220225_harkov_grad

682022.jpg

• Thanks 6

47 minutes ago, Coil said:

Thank you, I'm sitting at home although people walk the streets as usual. A military plane flew over the city four times and the sounds of a siren were heard.

Our troops destroy Russian GRAD and tanks.They are blowing up bridges to prevent the enemy from being crossed by vehicles.

aux-head-1645786798-20220225_harkov_grad

682022.jpg

Yes, I heard about the bridges and the young soldier Vitali who  sacrified his life detonating the bridge to keep the tanks away. 

• Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Occult1 said:

I think you need to do your homework. Care to do a bit of reading?

I have zero desire to be schooled by the likes of you.  I didn't ask you what was going on...I asked you for the other side of the story.  It is obvious from your answer that 'the other side of the story' is only propaganda that you inhale frequently.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Read the room mate. Fire off in another thread about Canada if you want, but it has ****all to do with this topic and I think we’d all rather not have any partisan ****e to wade through in this thread.

It's not partisan crap. It's a deadly serious look into who we vote for. Way too many beta male leaders and woke politics in the west. That's an important caveat when we still have hyper alpha dictators in the world and they've always been here and always will be.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty: Zelenskiy Says More Than 130 Dead In Russian Invasion And That Ukraine Has Been 'Left Alone' To Fight.
https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-deaths-fighting-people-flee/31721630.html

I wonder what he means by this? He's getting military aid, and sanctions on Russia. I don't believe he's publicly asked for foreign troops yet.

At this rate, it's keeping politicians seats warm with civilians blood. It's just plainly sad in Ukraine.

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1

Guest Br Cornelius
2 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

It's your precious EU that Putin sees as weak not the US.

Putin has tried, but failed, to divide the governments of the EU and UK.

The EU though has no proper leadership, lots of red tape, wishy washy chats in Brussels and takes hours and days longer to make decisions while Putin tries a lightning strike conflict.

UK has already documented, voted on and enacted their first and second raft of sanctions with more coming on Monday. EU meanwhile, dawdling (this morning they were "preparing" serious sanctions) and every hour matters now.

The UK was one of the main hold outs against a stronger EU foreign policy and a European Army. We would be a lot further on if the UK wasn't so obstructive on this area.

Br Cornelius

I work in a medical system. Anyone else get a work wide email last week warning to keep an eye out for possible Russian cyber attacks? Lol

37 minutes ago, Br Cornelius said:

The UK was one of the main hold outs against a stronger EU foreign policy and a European Army. We would be a lot further on if the UK wasn't so obstructive on this area.

Br Cornelius

Germany and others could easily send troops to Ukraine if they wanted. Blaming them not on the UK seems pretty lame. 

The response would of been the same with an EU army, sanctions. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Br Cornelius said:

Br Cornelius

Who says they would use them today, according to Brussels even some sanctions are too severe to implement, like SWIFT. There is no way they would use military in this situation.

"Former European Council President Donald Tusk said Friday that some EU governments had “disgraced themselves” by refusing to impose the toughest possible sanctions on Russia even as President Vladimir Putin was bombing Kyiv." 

“In this war everything is real: Putin’s madness and cruelty, Ukrainian victims, bombs falling on Kyiv,” Tusk posted on Twitter. “Only your sanctions are pretended [sic]. Those EU governments which blocked tough decisions (i.a. Germany, Hungary, Italy) have disgraced themselves.”

Tusk’s slap at Germany, the EU’s largest, richest member state and de facto leader of the union of 27 states, came hours after Chancellor Olaf Scholz led a group of leaders who blocked tougher sanctions during an emergency summit in Brussels.

https://www.politico.eu/article/donald-tusk-eu-capitals-disgraced-themselves/

Edited by L.A.T.1961
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Occult1 said:

I'm not sure it's without ''cause''. I think you underestimate the geopolitical implications of having Ukraine join NATO or Europe for Russia. It's as if Canada or Mexico was joining China or Russia's sphere of influence. It would be very uncomfortable or downright dangerous for the United States to have such a state threatening it's borders. This is of course, a fictional representation, but I'm sure you get the point.

Also, I'm not sure how any sane citizen in the West can cheer for Neo Nazi millitias 'fighting for Ukraine'. I have no respect for such individuals. I don't think we should turn a blind eye on that inconvenient fact.

Geopolitical ...Neo Nazi militias...you throw these terms out alot.  The truth is...Russia invaded Ukraine.  Russia is bombing Ukraine.  Russia is killing Ukrainian civilians. 

Your 'fictional representation' is probably something you glommed onto and are regurgitating from one of your propagandized websites.  On it's basic face...it is Stupid.  More or less like saying there is no difference between the Police wanting to set up a Police station in a Crack House neighborhood and the Crack Dealers wanting to set up shop across the street from the Police Station.   There are good guys and bad guys in this story and the bad guys are the one's who invaded a sovereign Nation with jet fighters, tanks, and ground forces. 

You sure like to use the word Neo Nazi alot...The Russians fought against Hitler not because they abhorred what the Nazis were doing but because they knew the Nazis were planning to roll their Blitzkrieg into Ruska as well.  So...basically you are making a comparison between drug warring thugs...but in reality...you seem to be forgetting the Ukrainian people.     

• Thanks 4

Russian banks under pressure -

Russian sanctioned banks report enough liquidity to meet clients' demands.

MOSCOW, Feb 25 (Reuters) - Russian banks sanctioned by the West have enough liquidity to meet clients' demands and are doing everything possible to calmly make it through this volatile period, the banks said in a joint statement on Friday.

https://www.reuters.com/business/finance/russian-sanctioned-banks-report-enough-liquidity-meet-clients-demands-2022-02-25/?rpc=401&

The sort of comment made just before Banks close their doors to customers as they run out of cash. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, odas said:

Yes, I heard about the bridges and the young soldier Vitali who  sacrified his life detonating the bridge to keep the tanks away. 

Photo of the sapper who sacrificed himself:

geroj-696x1006.jpg

• Sad 3

UK says it will work ‘all day’ to persuade Europe to cut Russia off from Swift

The UK defence secretary, Ben Wallace, ended the pretence that Britain was not at odds with its fellow European leaders over the issue. He said there was still time for Russia to be excluded, and the foreign secretary, Liz Truss, said: “The UK is working with allies to exclude Russia from the Swift financial system.”

UK diplomats are arguing that with Ukrainian forces mounting a defence of their country, and scattered signs of unease in Russian cities, this is the moment to try to get ahead of Putin for once and surprise him with a move that would send the Russian economy straight into the deep freeze.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/25/uk-says-it-will-work-all-day-to-persuade-europe-to-cut-russia-off-from-swift-ukraine

• Like 2

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

It's not partisan crap. It's a deadly serious look into who we vote for. Way too many beta male leaders and woke politics in the west. That's an important caveat when we still have hyper alpha dictators in the world and they've always been here and always will be.  

Get away mate. Imagine even using this thread to throw a silly partisan dig at Canada. You’re not even half right, either. Embarrassment.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, and then said:

Best wishes for your safety and the safety of those you love, Coil.

So far, the enemy is controlled near Kherson, where the Antonovsky bridge is damaged so that they cannot move further to Nikolaev, where there are also bridges that are ready to blow up. Already a thousand Russian soldiers have died in battle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Аs of 15:00 on February 25, the following enemy losses were inflicted (approximately):

Tanks up to 80

Armored combat vehicles of various types 516

Aircraft 10

Helicopters 7

Personnel 2800

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked