Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

25 minutes ago, and then said:

Putin's actions have been so blatantly criminal and vicious that it isn't possible to be paranoid.  He has given good reasons for no one to trust him.

He is isolating himself completely, with no room whatsoever left for redemption or recourse. He is going to become a pariah.

I fully predict that he is going to do something absolutely unthinkable in the next few weeks. I reckon he will use nukes in some offensive capacity to show that he means what he says.

For the record, I don't think it'll be on NATO - but I do think he will use them, offensively, somehow.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

No one was willing to comment actual troops to help Ukraine.

Do you support NATO sending in troops to help Ukraine?  Are you convinced that Putin would meekly accept the destruction of his forces?  What of his potential use of tactical nukes?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, and then said:

It seems like the only sanction that Putin is concerned with would be to lose the use of the SWIFT system.  The longer they refuse to employ that, the longer he will be able to keep support from his Oligarch buddies.  

Italy has supposedly agreed at last, it's Germany that is still trying to decide what will be more expensive - losing everything that's coupled with Russia now, or losing literally everything later. There's also the problem with Cyprus, their banks are said to be too Russian capital oriented to survive this. I don't know if that's correct. 

But I absolutely agree, the sooner the better. Russian stock market is already in free fall, every business coupled with Russian is going to suffer greatly anyway.   

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, and then said:

Do you support NATO sending in troops to help Ukraine?  Are you convinced that Putin would meekly accept the destruction of his forces?  What of his potential use of tactical nukes?

I don't think at this point it would be that helpful 

I think we should of massed troops before he invaded as a deterrent. From a defensive position

But according to Helen Ukraine wouldn't allow that anyways. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, and then said:

I just want to repeat that Ukraine requested weapons, not troops. 

And Stoltenberg (General Secretary of NATO) said today that NATO will continue sending weapons to Ukraine, anti-aircraft in particular. 

That too might make Putin want to lob a nuke, but I'm under impression a fly in his tea must be western sabotage and a reason to want to lob a nuke. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I don't think at this point it would be that helpful 

I think we should of massed troops before he invaded as a deterrent. From a defensive position

But according to Helen Ukraine wouldn't allow that anyways. 

In Ukraine, no. 

In Poland and other NATO countries, yes. Which is where troops, weapons and equipment are arriving. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I think the invasion is not going according to a plan.

Most things I have heard seem to be suggesting Russia is not achieving any of their objectives and are behind, and getting further behind, on their plans. 

• Like 4

Topol-M road mobile ICBMs have been spotted on the move in Moscow, might be nothing might be something.  It's just weird that they are on the move right now, especially with what's going on in Ukraine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Most things I have heard seem to be suggesting Russia is not achieving any of their objectives and are behind, and getting further behind, on their plans. 

With the huge advantage they have, I don't think it matters if they are a bit behind.   They own the air and that will be enough.   

Come on, Russian top brass, take grandpa to a sanatorium or a cemetery, your choice, declare temporary martial law, arrest few dozen ministers and aides, press Duma to call for emergency elections, withdraw out of Ukraine, let Russia live.  

• Like 3

Around Sumy the Ukranian military stopped the Russian army again.  Also reports from the Sumy front that the Russian military having massive supply problems, that Russian soldiers are trying to force Ujranian civilians to give them food and fuel.

Logistics and supply lines were always going to be a massive problem with Russia invading Ukraine.  The Russian military has relatively few logistic trucks for a military of its size, of which given their liberal use of grad MLRS, many will be used just to supply ammo.  The Russian military has always relied on trains and railroads for their supply needs and it seems that Russia isnt able to use them.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

So you think the same people who will not "risk WW3" over Ukraine will magically risk WW3 over the little nation of Lativa? 

I'm doubtful but perhaps you're right 

IF Putin strikes one of the Baltic NATO members and he isn't repelled by NATO forces, then NATO no longer exists.  I think his generals understand just how dangerous THAT game will be.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

With the huge advantage they have, I don't think it matters if they are a bit behind.   They own the air and that will be enough.   

They dont really own the air though, multiple helicopters and jets have been shot down already and more are getting shot down as the war continues.  

Ukraine only has approximately 100 aircraft and Russia hasnt been able to destroy or ground the Ukranian airforce yet.  Even then Russia still isnt doing large scale air operations and that shows they still dont have air superiority.  Ukraine still has S-300s, various short range anti-air weapon systems, and stingers.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, and then said:

IF Putin strikes one of the Baltic NATO members and he isn't repelled by NATO forces, then NATO no longer exists.  I think his generals understand just how dangerous THAT game will be.

I think its more likely they are to be used on Ukraine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

@Coilpresident Zelensky with prime-minister and aides and former president Poroshenko, they are all in Kyiv, did you see that? 

They're sending messages from the streets, not from bunkers. They are outside. Poroshenko with kalashnikov in hand. 

Whatever happens, Putin has lost. He's afraid of everything, afraid to let people come closer than 20 metres to him. He should come personally to Kyiv and see how real presidents are with their people. 

I saw Poroshenko*s recording during the day, and Zelensky recorded a video in the evening that he was staying in Kyiv.

In Mykolaiv, military infrastructure facilities were bombed. waiting for night attacks.

682159.jpg

• Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

They dont really own the air though, multiple helicopters and jets have been shot down already and more are getting shot down as the war continues.  

Ukraine only has approximately 100 aircraft and Russia hasnt been able to destroy or ground the Ukranian airforce yet.  Even then Russia still isnt doing large scale air operations and that shows they still dont have air superiority.  Ukraine still has S-300s, various short range anti-air weapon systems, and stingers.

Just a matter of time.   Russia's air force is so big Ukraine's fight won't be able to keep the defense up.  

Considering his ego, if Ukraine manages to push back the Russian forces, wouldn't Putin prefer to nuke the whole country? "If I can't have it, nobody can!"

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

The West (and Japan) can’t allow that to happen. Taiwan produce electronics (microprocessor) that our economies depend on.

It’s a completely different situation.

Indeed, yes.  To simply allow Taiwan to fall without a fight would signal the end of western influence in Asia.  Japan, the Philippines, Vietnam, even Oz and New Zealand would begin to realign with China.  

19 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Thats wrong.

I was watching live Kiev feed yesterday evening and the Russians where hitting targets with their jets unopposed. Ukraine`s air force is gone, it was taken out in the initial wave of missile strikes. Currently you can hear the fighting on the outskirts of Kiev, but the cameras aren`t showing anything interesting, they are focused in and around Maiden Square.

The whole Ukrainian air defence network is down, not even a single tracer round is being put up.

And if you believe its going so badly for them then why are they having to give out guns to civilians in Kiev and putting out messages that tonight is going to be very difficult?

The Ukrainians are getting slaughtered in their thousands, Russia has had to mobilise all doctors and nurses today in an attempt to save their captives (as well as Russian wounded). Most Ukrainian soldiers and border guards since the start of the conflict have been switching sides. Those who fight, they are being decimated.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

His whole rationale for invading is his belief that NATO wants to build forces right on his border.  Putting troops into Ukraine would have verified his fears.  At this point though, what you are saying should be applied, and very strongly applied, to Poland, Czech Republic, the Baltic states, ALL eastern European members of NATO.  He will probably succeed in badly damaging Ukraine's military but I doubt he will attempt to actually occupy that much territory.  IIRC, the 200K troops involved in this action represents a significant portion of Russia's total troop availability.  If he sees he's incurring heavier losses than were expected AND he sees NATO quickly reinforcing their new members, he's apt to be reluctant to strike any further than Ukraine.

35 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Topol-M road mobile ICBMs have been spotted on the move in Moscow, might be nothing might be something.  It's just weird that they are on the move right now, especially with what's going on in Ukraine.

I think the little man is sending a clear message for NATO to stay out of it.  When he begins losing lots of aircraft to manpads and armor to Javelins, he just might lob a couple of nuke(-capable) ballistic missiles into the fight just to cause NATO a$$es to pucker a bit.

Presidential spokesman Serhiy Nikiforov wrote on Facebook that Ukraine had agreed to the Russian president's proposal for talks, and both sides are currently consulting on place and time.

23:04

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Thats wrong.

I was watching live Kiev feed yesterday evening and the Russians where hitting targets with their jets unopposed. Ukraine`s air force is gone, it was taken out in the initial wave of missile strikes. Currently you can hear the fighting on the outskirts of Kiev, but the cameras aren`t showing anything interesting, they are focused in and around Maiden Square.

The whole Ukrainian air defence network is down, not even a single tracer round is being put up.

And if you believe its going so badly for them then why are they having to give out guns to civilians in Kiev and putting out messages that tonight is going to be very difficult?

The Ukrainians are getting slaughtered in their thousands, Russia has had to mobilise all doctors and nurses today in an attempt to save their captives (as well as Russian wounded). Most Ukrainian soldiers and border guards since the start of the conflict have been switching sides. Those who fight, they are being decimated.

You are getting your information from pro-Russian sources.  A Ukranian Su-24 was involved in recapturing the airfield near the capital, there are pictures of it flying over the airfield.  Late last night a Ukranian Su-27 was shot down over Kiev.  Ukranian Mig-29s have shot down multiple Russian helicopters.

If you want me to start posting pics and videos of Ukranian air defense shooting down Russian jets and helicopters I will.

But when you are proven wrong I will make sure to remind you of these statements.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Cookie Monster

A Ukranian Su-27 flying over Kiev earlier today.  Video in that twitter thread shows two Ukranian jets flying earlier today.

Video of a Russian aircraft being shot down over Ukraine.

I can keep finding more videos and pics to prove you wrong, there are a bunch out there.  If you are going to try to pass off Russian propaganda and misinformation atleast due minimum research and put some effort in to make it believable.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

You are getting your information from pro-Russian sources.  A Ukranian Su-24 was involved in recapturing the airfield near the capital, there are pictures of it flying over the airfield.  Late last night a Ukranian Su-27 was shot down over Kiev.  Ukranian Mig-29s have shot down multiple Russian helicopters.

If you want me to start posting pics and videos of Ukranian air defense shooting down Russian jets and helicopters I will.

But when you are proven wrong I will make sure to remind you of these statements.

Russian special forces took the Kiev airport, Ukrainian forces kicked them out, and today Russians have retaken it. They are in the Northern district of Kiev right now, on the outskirts of the west of the city, and a massive column of tanks is coming up the motorway from the east. Its expected to arrive at some point tonight, which is when they recon the battle for Kiev starts.

I get my sources from both Ukrainian and Russian TV, and other countries.

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked