Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

Just now, Nuclear Wessel said:

Well, being a NATO member should give them a pretty good reason to trust that Russia won't attempt an invasion.

I would hope so. I meant moreso that Lithuana has no reason to trust that appeasing Putin will stop Putin from invading them.

Being part of NATO most definitely may stop Putin from invading though. 

VILNIUS/BRUSSELS, June 29 (Reuters) - Trade through Lithuania to the Russian exclave of Kaliningrad could return to normal within days, two sources familiar with the matter said, as European officials edge towards a compromise deal with the Baltic state to defuse a row with Moscow.….

…That's why European officials, with the backing of Germany, are seeking a compromise to resolve one of their many conflicts with Moscow, said one of the people.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/exclusive-kaliningrad-row-eu-nears-compromise-deal-defuse-standoff-with-russia-2022-06-29

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Being part of NATO most definitely may stop Putin from invading though. 

I don't think it will. As I said back in February to @Helen of Annoy throughout many of our impassioned discussions, Putin is not behaving rationally, so to try to apply rationality to him would be an error. If you really want to understand him, in my opinion, I recommend to read up on Narcissistic Personality Disorder - more specifically, the more extreme side of the spectrum. Putin also displays psychopathic traits. I'm no psychologist, but a former leader of Latvia (who was also a practising clinical psychologist) shared thoughts not dissimilar to what I had, originally, so I think there might be something to it.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Seems like a good argument for Russia opposing NATO encroachment. 

The sanctions are a direct result of unwarranted Russian aggression and invasion.

Nice try to spin it the other way though. Swing and a miss.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

VILNIUS/BRUSSELS, June 29 (Reuters) - Trade through Lithuania to the Russian exclave of Kaliningrad could return to normal within days, two sources familiar with the matter said, as European officials edge towards a compromise deal with the Baltic state to defuse a row with Moscow.….

…That's why European officials, with the backing of Germany, are seeking a compromise to resolve one of their many conflicts with Moscow, said one of the people.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/exclusive-kaliningrad-row-eu-nears-compromise-deal-defuse-standoff-with-russia-2022-06-29

This seems like a great move. 

Only the war hawks and those wanting ww3 would oppose

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

I think enabling and supplying a known war mongerer like Vladdy is the sure-fire way to WW3. He wants the glory of the old Soviet Union back, at any costs.

That's his perceived legacy. A legacy that will end in his demise and his countries shame. A dominion of dust and ruin for his fate.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Trelane said:

The sanctions are a direct result of unwarranted Russian aggression and invasion.

Nice try to spin it the other way though. Swing and a miss.

Again, history didn’t start on 2/24. The invasion wasn’t justified but understanding the prior circumstances is important. I remember the Cuban missile crisis. The political orientation of your neighbors matters. It matters the the US, it matters to Russia. 

How volunteers delivering wartime aid are sidestepping Ukraine’s corrupt healthcare system

Vital medical supplies destined for besieged Ukrainians are falling into the wrong hands

When Rostislav Filippenko began organising wartime aid deliveries to hospitals in his hometown of Kharkiv, north-eastern Ukraine, his sense of achievement was soon replaced with suspicion. 

He noticed some of the donated supplies later made their way onto the hospitals’ pharmacy shelves: priced, and listed for sale. At one hospital, after delivering bandages for an appendix operation, Mr Filippenko found out that the patient had been told to purchase them from the hospital pharmacy – cash in hand, no receipt.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/terror-and-security/how-volunteers-delivering-wartime-aid-sidestepping-ukraines/

8 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

How volunteers delivering wartime aid are sidestepping Ukraine’s corrupt healthcare system

Vital medical supplies destined for besieged Ukrainians are falling into the wrong hands

When Rostislav Filippenko began organising wartime aid deliveries to hospitals in his hometown of Kharkiv, north-eastern Ukraine, his sense of achievement was soon replaced with suspicion. 

He noticed some of the donated supplies later made their way onto the hospitals’ pharmacy shelves: priced, and listed for sale. At one hospital, after delivering bandages for an appendix operation, Mr Filippenko found out that the patient had been told to purchase them from the hospital pharmacy – cash in hand, no receipt.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/terror-and-security/how-volunteers-delivering-wartime-aid-sidestepping-ukraines/

So, he's a horrible person then. What's your point otherwise?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

So, he's a horrible person then. What's your point otherwise?

Who is the “he” you are talking about?

I didn’t write the article. It’s not my point, 

1 minute ago, el midgetron said:

Who is the “he” you are talking about?

I didn’t write the article. It’s not my point, 

My mistake, not 'he', 'they'.

There's corruption, sure, in a society torn apart by war. Here in Canada crooks have been collecting money intended for Ukrainian relief organizations. But you felt some need to share this particular article. Why?.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Knob Oddy said:

Russia state tell us we are in WW3. NATO against Russia. Ukraine just beginning. Others next. To late for those who thought not WW3.

15 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

My mistake, not 'he', 'they'.

There's corruption, sure, in a society torn apart by war. Here in Canada crooks have been collecting money intended for Ukrainian relief organizations. But you felt some need to share this particular article. Why?.

Because I care that humanitarian aid meant for Ukrainians isn’t reaching them.

6 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Because I care that humanitarian aid meant for Ukrainians isn’t reaching them.

Not that your precious tax payer's dollars may be going astray?

I ask that question based on your previous posts.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

Again, history didn’t start on 2/24. The invasion wasn’t justified but understanding the prior circumstances is important. I remember the Cuban missile crisis. The political orientation of your neighbors matters. It matters the the US, it matters to Russia. 

Oh no, I fully understand the need for context in understanding.

All of that though was rendered irrelevant after Russian forces illegally invaded and began raping and murdering innocent civilians. Invasion without provocation. 

Your comparisons to the US/Cuba matter and those dynamics from 60+ years ago is very, very thin and misguided. Steeeeerike two......

4 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Not that your precious tax payers dollars may be going astray?

I ask that question based on your previous posts.

For the record, I have never objected to humanitarian aid from the US. It’s not even clear from the article where the aid in this story originated from…. Humanitarian aid should go to the people it’s intended for, There are no caveats in that concept. 

Ukraine is notoriously corrupt.  It is not an issue of a “society torn apart by war”. Ukraine was corrupt before the invasion, Ukraine is corrupt today. Everyone acknowledged this prior to 2/24. It’s actually one of the hurdles Ukraine will have to jump for acceptance into the EU.

https://www.transparency.org/en/cpi/2021/index/ukr

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/ukraines-hopes-of-joining-eu-are-being-held-up-by-corruption-claims-and-eastern-europes-democracy-problems-1657210

https://www.nzz.ch/english/as-an-eu-member-ukraine-would-turn-the-eu-upside-down-ld.1690359

5 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Ukraine is notoriously corrupt.  It is not an issue of a “society torn apart by war”

That's kind of odd though that their corruption index went up after 2014, when they were first invaded by Russia.

Your link: https://www.transparency.org/en/cpi/2021/index/ukr

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Oh no, I fully understand the need for context in understanding.

All of that though was rendered irrelevant after Russian forces illegally invaded and began raping and murdering innocent civilians. Invasion without provocation. 

Your comparisons to the US/Cuba matter and those dynamics from 60+ years ago is very, very thin and misguided. Steeeeerike two......

So history didn’t start on 2/24 but also what happened before 2/24 is irrelevant? 

9 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

That's kind of odd though that their corruption index went up after 2014, when they were first invaded by Russia.

Your link: https://www.transparency.org/en/cpi/2021/index/ukr

It’s a German organization founded in 1993. The link provided offers ratings prior to 2014 despite your claim. Here, allow me to assist your inquiry-

https://www.transparency.org/en/cpi/1995

Still see something “odd”? Maybe if prior to 2/24 wasn’t irrelevant this wouldn’t seem odd?

Transparency International e.V. (TI) is a German registered associationfounded in 1993 by former employees of the World Bank. Based in Berlin, its nonprofit and non-governmental purpose is to take action to combat global[1]corruption with civil societal anti-corruption measures and to prevent criminal activities arising from corruption. Its most notable publications include the Global Corruption Barometer and the Corruption Perceptions Index. Transparency International serves as an umbrella organization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transparency_International

Edited by el midgetron

1 minute ago, The Silver Shroud said:

The best part, which isnt mentioned in the tweet, but I think is mentioned in the tweet thread, is that Turkey has only made between 300 and 400 TB2 drones in total.  Russia has essentially claimed to of shot down close to 3 times the amount of TB2 drones that have ever existed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Still see something “odd”? Maybe if prior to 2/24 wasn’t irrelevant it’s wouldn’t seem odd, 

That makes little sense as a sentence, so you pretty much lost me there. That, and I tried searching the index for "Ukraine" and it said there were no records to display.

Maybe you're typing on your phone?

50 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

So history didn’t start on 2/24 but also what happened before 2/24 is irrelevant? 

No, your poor attempt at drawing a comparison to the US/Cuba situation in the Cold War is irrelevant. Nice try at another middling redirect.

• Like 2

The world should call out terrorism for what it is. This is an interesting article:

After the Kremenchuk tragedy hit the news, Zelenskiy made that appeal again. What, exactly, is the world waiting for?

Recognising Russia as a terrorist state is not just a political statement: it also has substantial legal consequences. No one in the west will do business with terrorists. The respective government and business policies exist in almost every corporate code of conduct or democratic state law. That recognition would help stop Russia from making the financial revenue necessary to keep funding the war. It would significantly undermine the Russian war effort – not soon, but in the long run.

Putin’s war is also a crime – the world must punish Russia as a terrorist state | Andriy Zagorodnyuk | The Guardian

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

No, your poor attempt at drawing a comparison to the US/Cuba situation in the Cold War is irrelevant. Nice try at another middling redirect.

I know mods dont like it when I or others say this but I dont care. Hes a blatant troll. He contradicts himself just like Occult.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked