Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

3 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

What I can guarantee to anyone worried if their comfort might suffer is that not stopping Putin will take not just your profit, but your lives away. 

^ THIS is the greatest lesson that will/should come from this abomination he has foisted on the world.  He has, up til now been relatively subtle in his threats but now he's out in the open with his willingness to hold a nuclear gun to the world's head.  He can never go back again.  European governments, as well as all other western governments, now have to decide how to handle this reality.  It's a nightmare no one has wanted to face or risk having come true.  Well... it IS true now.  If we do not militarily help Ukraine with troops, but give them an endless supply of weapons and other logistical help, eventually the little man may decide to threaten us over THAT as well.  The reality is that we're getting close to having to stand up to the bully, regardless of the consequences.  We do that now or later, but we WILL be forced to do it.  The evil little b****** isn't going to allow the world to live in peace...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

Russia is using only old analog radios with no encryption that Ukranian civilians have been able to successfully jam themselves.  No long range communication has been set up so individual units are essentially acting independently of each other.  The troops were not provided with navigation equipment or maps so a lot are completely lost.  Due to lack of communication and lack of maps Rissian units are frequently firing on each other as confusion grows. 

I hear Putin's net worth is in the 100+ billion range.  Maybe he should have stolen less and provided a little more for his military.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, and then said:

I hear Putin's net worth is in the 100+ billion range.  Maybe he should have stolen less and provided a little more for his military.

Lol Putin has trillions, by many accounts. He’s rumoured to be the richest person on the planet by a ridiculous margin.

The only thing that might stop him from nuking everything to hell is that ultra rich people generally want to live as long as possible and will try anything they can to do so. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Lol Putin has trillions, by many accounts. He’s rumoured to be the richest person on the planet by a ridiculous margin.

The only thing that might stop him from nuking everything to hell is that ultra rich people generally want to live as long as possible and will try anything they can to do so. 

And all that wealth means nothing.  It’s not like he’s going to be able to retire and live out his days on a luxury yacht.  If he was paranoid before, he has good reason to be paranoid now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, and then said:

The bigger issue is the corruption in the generals and officers, along with little to no discipline among the general troops.

There has always been reports of higher ups skimming funds meant for equipping and training Russian troops, along with various officers frequently lieing among the size and status of the units under their command to look good and avoid punishment.  While the Russian troops were in Belarus there were reports of the Russian troops selling fuel from their vehicles/fuel reserves along with ammo and weapons.

The issue isnt as much Putin's stolen wealth as it is he allowed and even seemingly encouraged corruption at pretty much every level.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Russian forces target major population centres, take out many civilians

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ukraine-russia-invasion-mar1-2022-1.6368172

Seems like Russian forces have increased the attacks on the citizens of Ukraine, taking out innocent civilians.

Fixed that for you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Hi mate, good to see you back, but can I ask that you don't post any partisan content in this thread. Obviously the points you bring up are important (and I agree with them, personally), but this is a thread specifically about the war and how ****ing badass Ukraine is. Let's not allow it to devolve into one of the thousands of other threads full of partisan bickering. 

Feel free to make another thread to discuss Trump, Biden or anyone else, as I and others have done.

OK Mr Mod.  You know I'll be calling you out from now on everytime I see someone hijack a topic don't you?! <_<

No problem, fair call. :tu:

• Haha 1

I highly doubt they can, but if the Ukraines can get enough aid to resist another week or so, I think Russian dissent among military leaders may grow.  This may be an indication.  Add that 80% of Russian soldiers are conscripts and probably don't have their heart in this conflict, low morale could easily set in and turn into chaos and disorganisation.  Let's hope so.

• Like 2

Ukraine has no chance, 40km of tanks, arts, infantry trucks, and BMPs.

Kiev is going to get crushed soon.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Let's hope for the best.

2 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

The 40 mile long convoy outside of Kyiv has stalled and hasnt moved at all for 24 hours according to the American government.  Unconfirmed reports that vehicles in that convoy that have ran out of fuel and unconfirmed reports of some troops in that convoy starting to surrender.  Seems Russian logistics have completely fell apart around Kyiv.

I would take that report with a grain of salt. It's based on the words of a single U.S. official. It's also not even confirmed if the convoy itself has stalled rather than slowed down. I'm no military expert but some logistical problems are surely expected for a convoy so long that satellite images can't entirely capture it. In some parts of convoy, 3 or 4 vehicles are traveling abreast which gives you an idea just how huge it is.

Edited by Occult1

1 hour ago, Black Red Devil said:

OK Mr Mod.  You know I'll be calling you out from now on everytime I see someone hijack a topic don't you?! <_<

No problem, fair call. :tu:

Yeah, I keep having to think back to if I posted something like that earlier in the thread :lol:

It’s honestly just refreshing to see people who have been arguing for years, and pretty nasty to each other at times, come together for a common cause. Kinda makes you hopeful.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Apparently their satellite network has been hacked. Huge if true.

7B0F3658-77E3-4144-83E1-81C52E6AC05A.thumb.jpeg.e81f4fe20902f0bd2014ef549c89d430.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Maybe he got a super sized , super rich bunker built in the Urals .

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

I would take that report with a grain of salt. It's based on the words of a single U.S. official. It's also not even confirmed if the convoy itself has stalled rather than slowed down. I'm no military expert but some logistical problems are surely expected for a convoy so long that satellite images can't entirely capture it. In some parts of convoy, 3 or 4 vehicles are traveling abreast which gives you an idea just how huge it is.

Multiple satellite images have shown the convoy not moving, it's not just from one American official.

A single convoy with 3 or 4 vehicles abreast is not a good sign, that is about the single dumbest move a military could make.  It is unbelievably bad that the Russian military made a convoy like that.  The fact they have vehicles jammed together so closely and essentially on a single highway suggest severe logistical issues, severe maneuver issues, and severe command issues.  

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Only if all of those vehicles and infantry can make it to Kyiv and actually fight.  Even then the Russian military attacking Ukraine is vehicle heavy and generally lacks infantry which is bad for fighting in an urban environment.  

Been hearing Kyiv will get crushed in a matter of hours/soon for closecto a week now and so far Kyiv is still under complete Ukranian control.

• Like 4

Another huge result, if true.

BFD084C1-7350-4D37-9F42-BD29A38EB137.thumb.jpeg.33bedbd22e6fbfd8cf50ebd056c62b8c.jpeg

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Another huge result, if true.

BFD084C1-7350-4D37-9F42-BD29A38EB137.thumb.jpeg.33bedbd22e6fbfd8cf50ebd056c62b8c.jpeg

It's not the convoy near Kyiv, the attack was on a convoy in southern Ukraine.

Adding in there was an attack on a large convoy in southern Ukraine, but it's not been proven if it was an 800 vehicle convoy.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 3

I think Putin is going to become so hated by his people that he will have to retreat from Russia altogether, permanently, but he will still technically be president. Because he is so hated and basically a pariah at that point, he will then imo do something absolutely evil to Ukraine. So many people are going to be slaughtered. He is not going to let them win. I genuinely see him as basically an antichrist, he will use a nuke on Ukraine to show the world he wasn’t bluffing. 

Sounds so hyperbolic but he is insane.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Sad 1

I can't believe how bad his military sucks. It's like they haven't updated their roster since WW2. This guy is all branding but no product. 

Edit: and if the blunders keep happening NATO is going to have to make a call here and help take them out. You find out your biggest bully can barely land a punch then it's time to knock his ass out. 

Edited by F3SS

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

There seems to be as many resupply trucks as offensive armour ? and they are waiting for the main forces to reach their objective before backing them up.

What does former US Ambassador to the United Nations and hopefully republican presidential candidate have to say?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A few updates.

• US Apache helicopters have arrived in Poland
  • French troops have arrived in Bulgaria
  • Keywords relating to loss of life are trending in Russian online searches
  • Russian troops in Crimea refused to take part in the invasion
  • Russian soldiers in a convoy (not sure which one) are reported to be punching holes in fuel tanks. This comes from the Pentagon
  • An assassination attempt on Zelensky was foiled - all attackers killed
  • Personal data of 120,000 Russian troops in Ukraine has been released
  • IMF and World Bank are going to give Ukraine lots of moneys

Oh, and I read yesterday that the people on the island who said, ‘Russian warship, go **** yourselves’ are alive and well. They were reported to have been taken prisoner by the Russians.

• Thanks 3

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked