Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

8 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Exclusive: NATO chief calls Putin's nuclear threat a 'dangerous' escalation

''NEW YORK, Sept 21 (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin's thinly veiled threat to use nuclear weapons after Russian setbacks in Ukraine was "dangerous and reckless rhetoric," NATO's secretary general said on Wednesday, adding that the only way to end the war was to prove Moscow will not win on the battlefield.

Jens Stoltenberg also told Reuters in an interview that Putin's announcement of Russia's first military mobilization since World War Two would escalate the conflict and cost more lives. But, the NATO chief added, it also represented evidence that Putin had made a "big mistake" with Russia's decision to invade its neighbor on Feb. 24.''

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/exclusive-nato-chief-says-putins-ukraine-escalation-dangerous-reckless-2022-09-21/

Seems NATO's options have become very limited in Ukraine.

NATO doesn't have options in Ukraine as they are not operating in Ukraine.  Another swing and miss..

Vladdy boy keeps chirping about nuclear weapon use in means to bully the international community. He is failing, historically failing. His alleged partners don't actually support him. His citizens don't support him. The castle is crumbling and soon, I personally think, this will all be over.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

secret ICBM silos which we aren`t supposed to have

If its secret how do you know about it ?

I just love it when people say "its a big secret, now let me tell you all about it" 

16 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

but for which they openly recruit for in the local papers

Can you provide an example of this ?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Seems NATO's options have become very limited in Ukraine. Either we risk direct war with Russia or back off.

Options for both sides narrow.  Russia either escalates of withdraws, it is up to Putin.  But if Russia chooses to escalate and attack NATO, then it will happen.  Seems a shame to see those beautiful onion domes of St. Basils caramelized, but if Russia attacks NATO, we will not sit by and cower. 

• Like 2

When every choice is a bad one, how do reverse the cycle of failure you have created for yourself and your country. I am amazed by how little the Russian peoples are doing in getting rid of this lying , murdering madman.

"Russia Mulls Mass Mobilization. It Won’t Save Its Army In Ukraine."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-mulls-mass-mobilization-it-won-t-save-its-army-in-ukraine/ar-AA123lA3?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2d0bdc760eed4a23b739925a707c9e1b

"A nationwide general mobilization, one that could rope into wartime service potentially millions of Russians. But this mobilization, if it goes into effect—and to be clear, that’s a big if—almost certainly would fail to reverse Russia’s faltering fortunes in Ukraine. Indeed, a mobilization very well could accelerate Russia’s defeat."

"The main effects of mobilization would be to clog up the army’s fragile home garrisons, undermine the legitimacy of Putin and his regime, deplete the federal treasury and—in the best case—feed into Ukraine a lot of untrained, under-equipped and poorly led men who, more likely that not, quickly would surrender, desert or die."

"Months later, the army is even more desperate for fresh troops. Its casualties—dead and wounded—now could exceed 80,000. The Wagner Group, a mercenary firm that represents the last unequivocally effective fighting force on the Russian side in Ukraine, recently drew volunteers from Russian prisons and gave them only a few days of training before deploying them."

"Predictably, some of those untrained ex-convicts promptly surrendered to the Ukrainians. Now imagine a young Russian, who never even wanted to fight, showing up at the front with even less training. “Cannon meat,” is how Mark Hertling, a retired U.S. Army general, described this hypothetical recruit."

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Options for both sides narrow.  Russia either escalates of withdraws, it is up to Putin.  But if Russia chooses to escalate and attack NATO, then it will happen.  Seems a shame to see those beautiful onion domes of St. Basils caramelized, but if Russia attacks NATO, we will not sit by and cower. 

Every attempt to preserve civilian and historic structures will be made. NATO is keenly aware how direct attacks on certain historically significant areas and structures could galvanize the population, leading to the unwanted consequence of an insurgency. Unfortunately, there are no guarantees in all out large scale operations.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

We've pushed Russia as far as we could. But we can't match the capabilities that Russia is deploying into Ukraine without directly threatening them.

The U.S./NATO is stuck. Do we push further in supporting Ukraine and risk war with Russia?

Now I think is the time to resume negotiations.

Edited by Occult1
  • Haha 2

In the most typical russian fashion, the results of the "referendum" are already determined.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Occult1 said:

We've pushed Russia as far as we could. But we can't match the capabilities that Russia is deploying into Ukraine without directly threatening them.

The U.S./NATO is stuck. Do we push further in supporting Ukraine and risk war with Russia?

*snip* we cant match Russias capabilities? And you say you dont support russia?????

Edited by Tiggs
Removed personal attack
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

STeeeeeerike three!!!!!!!! You're outtta here!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

NATO supplied armaments have been more than adequate in countering and destroying Russian units in occupied areas. It is these "inferior" items that have been used in this lightning fast counteroffensive that has reclaimed much of the illegally seized Ukrainian territory.  

The U.S./NATO is nowhere near stuck. They have been doing exactly what they should , provide support without outright provocation. It's poor Vladdy who is stuck. resorting to using convicted criminals as "cannon meat" and now even placing his own citizens into potentially compulsory service. I think now is the time for Putin to order a full withdrawal of forces from all illegally annexed/invaded Ukrainian  lands.

I have a question, you really don't know what you're talking about do you? You consistently make incorrect statement after another and look kind of silly in the process.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

*snip* we cant match Russias capabilities? And you say you dont support russia?????

...without directly threatening the Russian territory.

Providing ATACMs to Ukraine will be considered an act of war by Russia.

It's obvious that Putin is moving in to finish the job. How can we increase support to Ukraine without risking direct war with Russia?

Edited by Tiggs
Edited quote from a post which has been edited

2 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Providing ATACMs to Ukraine will considered an act of war by Russia.

It's obvious that Putin is moving in to finish the job. How can we increase support to Ukraine without risking direct war with Russia?

My apologies i misread that part. Its obvious that vladdy is desperate to cling on to power and to win his war that he started. This is him literally admitting its not going his way. 

We should go in, dont care if its start a war with NATO v Russia, putler needs overthrowing and russian military needs kicking out of ukraine.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Providing ATACMs to Ukraine will considered an act of war by Russia.

Do you know this or let me guess, you're projecting again. 

How is he "moving in to finish the job"? With what forces and equipment? Provide specifics please. 

I'm betting you can't.

No one in NATO is threatening Russian borders. No...one.

• Like 4

putlerian domestic propaganda is telling russians that NATO is already at their border and is about to attack them. 

The story is that this half a mobilization is not because of Ukraine, it's because NATO is attacking russia. 

The versions you get here are slightly tweaked because they're for the western market, so they sound more illogical albeit equally false.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Do you know this or let me guess, you're projecting again. 

How is he "moving in to finish the job"? With what forces and equipment? Provide specifics please. 

I'm betting you can't.

No one in NATO is threatening Russian borders. No...one.

See Helen's post #13353 about powerful FAB-500 bombs spotted in Russian Krasnodar.

There is also this:

Russia Emptying Crucial Air Defense Base to Resupply War: Report

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-emptying-crucial-air-defense-base-resupply-war-report-1744195

It's clear that Russia is moving more heavy weaponry to Ukraine. And a lot more troops. It will be hard for Ukraine to keep up without substantial support from the U.S/NATO.

Edited by Occult1

3 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

See Helen's post #13353 about powerful FAB-500 bombs spotted in Russian Krasnodar.

It's not a type of weapon that could impress NATO, or even a type of weapon that you could deliver to NATO countries. 

So you just switched two totally different situations and expect sane people not to notice that? 

Who do you think you're talking to? russians? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Providing ATACMs to Ukraine will be considered an act of war by Russia.

Putin's words have been shown to be absolutely meaningless. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Every attempt to preserve civilian and historic structures will be made. NATO is keenly aware how direct attacks on certain historically significant areas and structures could galvanize the population, leading to the unwanted consequence of an insurgency. Unfortunately, there are no guarantees in all out large scale operations.

You are of course right.  There are a whole lot of ways to respond other than violence.  Sanctions seem to be working well, that is help that Ukraine needed. Aid in the form of weapons and munitions is helping. Russia mobilizing 300k more young men is desperation not superiority.    More than 10 times that many young talented Russians have already fled to the West, and we will welcome them.  That is the cost of Putin's war, a brain drain that dwarfs the mobilization, and will certainly accelerate due to Putin's actions.

https://fortune.com/2022/08/20/russia-brain-drain-young-russians-leaving-after-ukraine-war-putin/

‘We realized that there’s no way we can return’: Russia’s best and brightest are leaving the country in record numbers.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

It's clear that Russia is moving more heavy weaponry to Ukraine. And a lot more troops. It will be hard for Ukraine to keep up without substantial support from the U.S/NATO.

What in the fresh hell you've been smoking? 

(I don't read your posts, mostly, so I just accidentally saw this part.)

Without substantial support from NATO? You've got Stoltenberg literally in the post right above yours, explicitly saying the support for Ukraine continues... I mean... was that some russian fantasy that this time putler will manage to scare the West? 

It's a cult. It's a ****ing cult. Only cultists can be that obtuse and immune to reality. Evil clowns. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

It will be hard for Ukraine to keep up without substantial support from the U.S/NATO.

And that is exactly why they will be continued to be given substantial support from U.S/NATO.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

There is also this:

Russia Emptying Crucial Air Defense Base to Resupply War: Report

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-emptying-crucial-air-defense-base-resupply-war-report-1744195

Moving and being able to properly deploy are two very different things. The very basic tenets of military operations seem to be outside of Russian capabilities. Again. They are desperate and failing. I have no reason to believe this will be yet another tactical miscalculation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

We need to deploy NATO into Ukraine ASAP and take what the Russians haven`t.

When the mobilised start surging in its going to swing the balance back to Russia. We don`t currently have anything that can stop the numbers that will come. Ukraine have a difficult few months ahead. 

• Confused 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked