Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

18 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

What is the prevailing wind in Ukraine ..because if a nuke is exploded the fall out could drift strait into Russia , and how would Poo-tin explain that to any Russians who were exposed to massive radiation .

When the Chechen disaster happened the radiation drifted across Europe over Scotland and into Wales ,thousands of outdoor animals had to be culled , and they are still paying the price in Chechnya .

Fallout would only occur if the weapon was detonated below 30 kilometers which would make a ground burst detonation. If the burst is 30 kilometers or higher it’s an air burst and there would be no fallout and it will actually do more damage than an ground burst. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Lavrov just confirmed that all new Russian territories will be under full state protection as part of the Russian federation. That means it's nuclear doctrine will soon apply to Donbass, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia region.

Hi Occult

It is not going to stop what is going on unless Russia cedes this conflict and move out of the Ukraine. At this point the harder he pushes the more resistance he will have on the home front so will need a sizeable force just to enforce whatever war measures he dictates. I expect to see a lot of surrenders and self inflicted wounds.

Given performance in the last 6 months has been shown that they cannot deliver sufficient supplies to their men in the field and it is winter coming , and going up against a better trained and armed force. All he can do is show his people how many of them he is willing to waste along with their resources.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Occult1 said:

I don't support Russia. I'm a realist though.

Your mom's  going to soap your mouth for that whopper. Your posting history proves it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

Lavrov just confirmed that all new Russian territories will be under full state protection as part of the Russian federation. That means it's nuclear doctrine will soon apply to Donbass, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia region.

FYHevF6WQAYmtU9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, spud the mackem said:

What is the prevailing wind in Ukraine ..because if a nuke is exploded the fall out could drift strait into Russia , and how would Poo-tin explain that to any Russians who were exposed to massive radiation .

When the Chechen disaster happened the radiation drifted across Europe over Scotland and into Wales ,thousands of outdoor animals had to be culled , and they are still paying the price in Chechnya .

I think you mean the Chernobyl disaster ? Chernobyl is in Ukraine, not Chechnya.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

I claim that all of your possesions are mine. If you try to take them back I will kill you and anybody who tries to help you.

Can you see how silly that argument is ? 

• Like 6

Russian war correspondents are saying the Russian military is pulling out of Lyman before the Ukranian military can surround Lyman.

Would be better for the Ukranian military to surround and remove the Russian units but losing Lyman will significantly hurt the Russian defensive line for the rest of Lunetsk oblast.

• Like 4

Update from Ukraine | We shot down many Jets | Bad day for Ruzzia.

• Like 3

Zeleknsy says Russians who surrender who do not want to return to Russia will not have to.

Appealing directly to Russians during an address, Zelensky said Ukraine could guarantee three terms to Russian soldiers in exchange for their surrender. He said such Russians will be treated in a civilized manner, the circumstances of their surrender will remain undisclosed and Ukraine will find a way to ensure those who do not want to return to Russia are not exchanged

https://thehill.com/policy/international/3659802-zelensky-offers-guarantees-for-russian-soldiers-who-surrender/

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Zeleknsy says Russians who surrender who do not want to return to Russia will not have to.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/3659802-zelensky-offers-guarantees-for-russian-soldiers-who-surrender/

Whoopteefreakingdoo.

Where else are they going to go?  Their families are in Russia.  Are they suppose to just go start a new life in some other Baltic state?   But then again...how many Russian soldiers who surrender trust Zelinskyy anyway?

30 minutes ago, joc said:

Whoopteefreakingdoo.

Where else are they going to go?  Their families are in Russia.  Are they suppose to just go start a new life in some other Baltic state?   But then again...how many Russian soldiers who surrender trust Zelinskyy anyway?

Well, after watching their wounded comrades get shot by their commander, they'll probably run like rabbits first chance they get straight to the Ukraine forces.

By the way, there is no going back to russia. Either die in the war, or die when you get back to russia. Hmmm, Ukraine looks a lot more attractive than those choices.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

That’s a interesting idea, to date it appears those captured have been treated pretty well they even allowed them to call home. I suppose their families could be allowed to enter the Ukraine at some point, anyway it’s better than dying. I know they will face many obstacles but, who knows only time will tell.

• Like 3

If they weren't orcs, I'd almost feel sorry for them. As it is, I hope they have fun with their expensive new assault rifles. :yes:

Edited by Hankenhunter
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

Whoopteefreakingdoo.

Plane tickets leaving Russia sold out from people trying to flee the draft.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think there are conscripts who may not want to fight or go back to Russia.

• Like 4

Russia’s allies China and India call for negotiations to end Ukraine war

China and India have called for a negotiated end to the Ukraine war, stopping short of robust support for traditional ally Russia.

After a week of pressure at the United Nations general assembly, Russia’s foreign minister took the general assembly rostrum to deliver a fiery rebuke to western nations for what he termed a “grotesque” campaign against Russians.

[...]

“China supports all efforts conducive to the peaceful resolution of the Ukraine crisis. The pressing priority is to facilitate talks for peace,” Wang said on Saturday.

“The fundamental solution is to address the legitimate security concerns of all parties and build a balanced, effective and sustainable security architecture.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/sep/24/russias-allies-china-and-india-call-for-negotiations-to-end-ukraine-war

Seems reasonable.

Edited by Occult1

7 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

They were cheering the war on becuse it didn’t affect them, but might maybe make Russia Great Again. 

Funny thing, some complain that they were turned away on Georgian border over 'Z' signs and/or 'coloradian' stickers, and calling for denazification of Georgia :lol:

I'm at loss how to call it...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, spud the mackem said:

Nuclear reactors have a lot more material in them than a nuclear warhead.

Also, airburst is pretty safe when it comes to fallout.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Fallout would only occur if the weapon was detonated below 30 kilometers which would make a ground burst detonation. If the burst is 30 kilometers or higher it’s an air burst and there would be no fallout and it will actually do more damage than an ground burst. 

The fireballs are not so big as to require detonation 30km up.

All that needs to not happen is the fireball touching the ground or buildings.

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Yes of course it is reasonable.  But how much in repartitions will Russia pay after they surrender?

None, let`s put the propaganda to the side.

Ukraine isn`t holding out against a million Russians. While they have lost a lot of tanks and BMPs, let`s not forget it has many thousands more. Most of its air force is intact too.

9 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Ukraine isn`t holding out against a million Russians. While they have lost a lot of tanks and BMPs, let`s not forget it has many thousands more. Most of its air force is intact too.

You know... Sometimes I wonder whether Roosevelt decision was mistake, or not...

russkys already have problems in logistics, and 155 caliber howitzers don't care whether it will strike 10 or 30 russkys.

Ukrainians already have shown they are not like Afghans, and lend-lease haven't started yet. I hope western nations will flood Ukraine with weapons to pummel russky forces to the ground.

• Like 3

I'll drop by later, I just have to plaster this here right now because it. is. so. beautiful. :lol: It's one of the four (!) Su's taken down yesterday ^_^

"second army in the world" is statistically definitely the first in losses of any kind :lol: Most of special forces lost in one day, most of planes lost in one day, most of dignity lost in a war etc :lol: 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Wars, old friend, are not confined to the battlefield. They also are fought in the minds of citizens. and the economy of the nation.  Even before the call up, roughly 300000  young, talented Russians left Russia for the foreseeable future.  Some of these  are wealthy, many are high tech employees with marketable skills in the West.  Its a brain drain that is ongoing.  Now a second wave of military age men are waiting in long lines at borders.  Protests all across Russia are mounting.

The economy of Russia is also slowing down, and the bite will be felt this winter.

Russia might not be able to sustain an army in the field.  For Putin, the war is lost already though many on both sides will continue to die before that becomes obvious.

• Like 4

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked