Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

9 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

This is how you can win wars. Showing mercy can change the heart and minds of your enemy.

In contrast, russkys are calling for murdering all POW Ukrainian soldiers.

Colorful picture of the latest exchange tells a lot.

BTW do you know how occupants and collobrators were dealt with by partisans during WWII in German occupied territories (eastern)? Hanging, shooting, freezing, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

This is how you can win wars. Showing mercy can change the heart and minds of your enemy.

And this is the key to why Ukraine will win out.  I keep stressing this and will again;

Conflicts are not about killing, they are about convincing the opposition not to fight.  We are seeing this in action.  Russians not wanting to go to Ukraine, Soldiers deserting.  The better the option of surrender is to the opposition the more likely they are to surrender, but the real trick is getting them to stay surrendered.  Zelensky knows what he is doing.

On the flip side, every atrocity committed by Russia, convinces a thousand Ukrainians to fight to the death, because the alternative is worse… Putin and his commanders have zero clue in this.

If it wasn’t so tragic it would comedy.  Python could have made this whole conflict comedy gold.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

And this is the key to why Ukraine will win out.  I keep stressing this and will again;

Conflicts are not about killing, they are about convincing the opposition not to fight.  We are seeing this in action.  Russians not wanting to go to Ukraine, Soldiers deserting.  The better the option of surrender is to the opposition the more likely they are to surrender, but the real trick is getting them to stay surrendered.  Zelensky knows what he is doing.

On the flip side, every atrocity committed by Russia, convinces a thousand Ukrainians to fight to the death, because the alternative is worse… Putin and his commanders have zero clue in this.

If it wasn’t so tragic it would comedy.  Python could have made this whole conflict comedy gold.

Completely agree. Putler has tried bombing the **** out of cities and infrastructure, it didn't work just possed of Ukraine and the rest of the world. They've treated POWs like **** same result.

Zelensky isn't stupid, his military is making great progress as carefully as possible but also showing mercy.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Your right weapons can be detonated below 30 km it depends upon yield of the weapon, my quote was for the upper end of an Air Burst detonation.

Air Bursts. An air burst is an explosion in which a weapon is detonated in air at an altitude below 30 km but at sufficient height that the fireball does not contact the surface of the earth. After such a burst, blast may cause considerable damage and injury. The altitude of an air burst can be varied to obtain maximum blast effects, maximum thermal effects, desired radiation effects, or a balanced combination of these effects. Burns to exposed skin may be produced over many square kilometers and eye injuries over a still larger area. Initial nuclear radiation will be a significant hazard with smaller weapons, but the fallout hazard can be ignored as there is essentially no local fallout from an air burst. The fission products are generally dispersed over a large area of the globe unless there is local rainfall resulting in localized fallout. In the vicinity of ground zero, there may be a small area of neutron-induced activity which could be hazardous to troops required to pass through the area. Tactically, air bursts are the most likely to be used against ground forces. FM 8-9 https://nuke.fas.org/guide/usa/doctrine/dod/fm8-9/1ch3.htm

The largest nuke ever detonated only had a fireball radius of 6 miles: The untold story of the world’s biggest nuclear bomb - Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists (thebulletin.org) and its yield was 50 megatons. There is no need to go anywhere near 30km up unless it`s to emp.

Radiation from the detonation is not an issue unless it`s a low yield warhead. The reason being is anything above a megaton has a radius of complete destruction (as in 100% fatal) which is larger than the radiation radius. Thats right, air blocks radiation but obviously a wider amount is needed when compared to the 6 inches of lead. Therefore, tactical nukes do mean a danger of irradiation. 

Fallout isn`t as deadly as some believe, so long as it doesn`t get into your body. If a nuke detonated and then 20 minutes later fallout fell down onto your skin, you have 5 minutes to wash it off before you would have received a dose that can kill you. After 2 days that fallout has lost most of its radiation, but to be safe the nuclear war survival guide recommends not going out for 2 weeks.

Illegally invades neighboring country, subsequent historic military blunders and failures, then firing of key commanders/Generals, and now retreating to a secluded safe space. Nope I can't see any parallels there at all. :lol:

"Putin has escaped to his secret palace in a forest amid anti-draft protests in Russian cities, report says"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/putin-has-escaped-to-his-secret-palace-in-a-forest-amid-anti-draft-protests-in-russian-cities-report-says/ar-AA12dz38?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=1573de80f25a4dcdb0725ab2296c2fa5

"Russian President Vladimir Putin escaped to his secret palace near Gelendzhik, about halfway between Moscow and St Petersburg, amid anti-draft protests in Russia."

"According to independent journalist Farida Rusamova, who cited three sources familiar with Putin's schedule, the Russian president traveled to his vacation home on Wednesday." 

"He has been resting his "body and soul" there, Rusamova said in a Telegram post, enjoying the facilities of the palace, which Putin publicly denies belongs to him."

Body and soul??? :hmm: It doesn't sound like Vladdy boy is doing too well.

Edited by Trelane
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I think you mean the Chernobyl disaster ? Chernobyl is in Ukraine, not Chechnya.

Apologies you are right , but we still had a radiation cloud pass over ,people warned to stay indoors ,close all windows etc .

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Occult1 said:

They are not held in ideal conditions, but we have pushed Russia and the leaders of these regions to make a quick move.

I expect a tremendous pro-Russian victory in the Donbass. There is no doubt about that.

Kherson might not be so clear-cut but since it has had its share of pro-Russia citizens, there is likely a majority of people who supports annexation.

Since the occupied part of Zaporizhzhia is that which is traditionally pro-russian, I also expect a clear win.

In any case, it's not good news for the West. Russia will be able to declare legitimate defense of these territories by all means necessary.

This is b.s as the Russians have taken it that they own the above states .Ukraine will no doubt have a different story . 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Lavrov just confirmed that all new Russian territories will be under full state protection as part of the Russian federation. That means it's nuclear doctrine will soon apply to Donbass, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia region.

Please just buzz off to the Russian embassy and volunteer , they will send you for a 2 day course in Army tactics and set you free on the front line with a rusty Kalasnikov without bullets. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I am sorry for all the sane people in russia, but I'm an idiot that takes pity on anyone. 

But I don't trust any of them anymore. I know some of them are not putlerians, but it will be impossible to know which one, they will all soon claim they were against putler. But how the hell is that pocket satan in power, then? 

By ruling through Fear , if you don't say "I love you Pootin" you are against the state and thrown into Jail .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Lavrov just confirmed that all new Russian territories will be under full state protection as part of the Russian federation. That means it's nuclear doctrine will soon apply to Donbass, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia region.

That won't be recognized by the West. So it doesn't matter. Putin won't nuke when Ukraine liberates Donbass. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

That won't be recognized by the West. So it doesn't matter. Putin won't nuke when Ukraine liberates Donbass. 

Won't be recognized by the UN either.

• Like 4

Odesa bombed by Iranian drones – Kyiv

Ukraine’s Odesa again attacked by Iranian drones

Ukraine says the southern port city of Odesa was attacked by Iranian-made drones overnight, two days after a Russian attack with such a weapon killed two civilians.

“Odesa was attacked again by enemy kamikaze drones,” said the Ukrainian army’s Operational Command South.

“The enemy hit the administrative building in the city centre three times,” it said in a Facebook message.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2022/9/25/ukraine-blog-2

Kyiv’s western allies boost nuclear deterrence after Putin’s threats

''Western capitals are making contingency plans should Vladimir Putin take steps towards acting on his threats of nuclear attacks against Ukraine and are sending private warnings to the Kremlin about possible consequences, according to western officials. The Russian president’s nuclear warnings are “a matter that we have to take deadly seriously,” White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan told CBS on Sunday.

The Russian president’s nuclear warnings are “a matter that we have to take deadly seriously,” White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan told CBS on Sunday.''

https://www.ft.com/content/e7212f93-6635-40eb-a356-c8e1bb14cea3

Edited by Occult1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Here's what he said:

''When asked if Russia would have grounds for using nuclear weapons to defend annexed regions of Ukraine, Lavrov said Russian territory, including territory “further enshrined” in Russia’s constitution in the future, “is under the full protection of the state”.

“All of the laws, doctrines, concepts and strategies of the Russian Federation apply to all of its territory,” he said, also referring specifically to Russia’s doctrine on the use of nuclear weapons.''

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/9/25/russias-lavrov-vows-full-protection-for-any-annexed-territory

I'm not so sure they won't use nuke to defend ''Russian territories'' if pushed to it.

Edited by Occult1

3 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Here's what he said:

''When asked if Russia would have grounds for using nuclear weapons to defend annexed regions of Ukraine, Lavrov said Russian territory, including territory “further enshrined” in Russia’s constitution in the future, “is under the full protection of the state”.

“All of the laws, doctrines, concepts and strategies of the Russian Federation apply to all of its territory,” he said, also referring specifically to Russia’s doctrine on the use of nuclear weapons.''

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/9/25/russias-lavrov-vows-full-protection-for-any-annexed-territory

I'm not so sure they won't use nuke to defend ''Russian territories'' if pushed to it.

Why should I care what he said? Putin's words have been shown to be meaningless. If Putin's words were at all accurate, than Russia never would have invaded Ukraine. 

I predict people's behaviors based upon their actions, not their words.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Why should I care what he said? Putin's words have been shown to be meaningless. If Putin's words were at all accurate, than Russia never would have invaded Ukraine. 

I predict people's behaviors based upon their actions, not their words.

So your plan would be to test Putin's limits - to make sure if what they say is true or not - by supporting Ukraine to attack the Donbass? Terrible idea.

Edited by Occult1

9 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

So your plan would be to test Putin's limits - to make sure if what they say is true or not - by supporting Ukraine to attack the Donbass? Terrible idea.

Why is that a terrible idea?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Why is that a terrible idea?

Because there is a high probability he's not bluffing on this one.

Ukraine war: Putin not bluffing about nuclear weapons, EU says

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63016675

Putin is not bluffing about ‘going nuclear’

https://cyprus-mail.com/2022/09/25/putin-is-not-bluffing-about-going-nuclear/

Ukraine war: US says it takes Putin nuclear threat seriously

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63000444

U.S. privately conveyed to Moscow warnings of nuclear attack “consequences” - media

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-polytics/3578018-us-privately-conveyed-to-moscow-warnings-of-consequences-of-nuclear-attack-media.html

Edited by Occult1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Occult1 said:

Because there is a high probability he's not bluffing on this one.

Ukraine war: Putin not bluffing about nuclear weapons, EU says

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63016675

Putin is not bluffing about ‘going nuclear’

https://cyprus-mail.com/2022/09/25/putin-is-not-bluffing-about-going-nuclear/

Ukraine war: US says it takes Putin nuclear threat seriously

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63000444

U.S. privately conveyed to Moscow warnings of nuclear attack “consequences” - media

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-polytics/3578018-us-privately-conveyed-to-moscow-warnings-of-consequences-of-nuclear-attack-media.html

How many "red lines" have Ukraine and even NATO crossed?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

I support Ukraines right to defend themselves. Whatever Putin does is on him. If Putin cares so little about his fellows Russians than I suppose the world is doomed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

The Russians will soon counter that by removing the testicles of POWs before returning them to Ukraine.

That will stop their own surrendering because then Ukraine will do the same back.

Edited by Cookie Monster

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

The Russians will soon counter that by removing the testicles of POWs before returning them to Ukraine.

That will stop their own surrendering because then Ukraine will do the same back.

Ye I bet they won't.

• Like 4

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked