Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

ZELENSKYY IS ALIVE

hips.hearstapps.comView Full Size

And not only that, but Anonymous hacked Russian Crimea TV, and broadcast Zelenskyy's speech about how Russian soldiers can surrender and won't have to go back to Russia.
https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1573714056577425408

Copy pasta from Fark.

• Like 4

Update from Ukraine | Good news from Lyman | Ukraine finally got the Air Defense NASAMS

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

Again, we? Us? :lol:

I'm a citizen of a Western NATO country. So of course, ''We and ''Us''.

I take Putin and the Russian POV a lot more seriously than many people here though. If our leaders had done so, there probably wouldn't even had a war to begin with.

Some desperately want to label me as a ''pro-Russian'', even though that's not the case.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Salvini has claimed that sanctions are hurting Italy too.  That doesn't mean he's pro Russian invasion.  Berlusconi has so much plastic in his head he's brain is turning into a bunga bunga doll and he doesn't know what he's talking about most days.  Anyway Meloni commands the coalition and has previously claimed to be pro Ukraine. 

Then again, they're right wing so you have to take their claims with a grain of salt.........

Salvini has praised Putin in the past as "one of the best statesmen''. He's made many trips to Moscow, even tried to make another one back in May. He's an outspoken supporter of Russia.

Matteo Salvini defends plan for Russian-funded Moscow trip

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jun/12/matteo-salvini-defends-himself-over-plans-for-russian-funded-moscow-trip

Giorgio Maloni was once a Puter admirer. There's a fair chance that she could be swayed. This new far-right government is as pro-Russian as the Kremlin could have hoped for.

Edited by Occult1

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

highly doubt his oligarchs will let him call a strike when all the filthy lucre they've accumulated will be for naught.

Oligarchs/Russian businessman have been dying under "mysterious" (i.e. he likely ordered them killed) circumstances recently, so I certainly don't think it's a case of oligarchs potentially preventing him from doing anything. It's actually happened with such frequency that there is a Wikipedia page dedicated entirely to their deaths.

2022 Russian businessmen mystery deaths - Wikipedia

His influence and power shouldn't be underestimated, in my opinion.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

The largest nuke ever detonated only had a fireball radius of 6 miles: The untold story of the world’s biggest nuclear bomb - Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists (thebulletin.org) and its yield was 50 megatons. There is no need to go anywhere near 30km up unless it`s to emp.

Radiation from the detonation is not an issue unless it`s a low yield warhead. The reason being is anything above a megaton has a radius of complete destruction (as in 100% fatal) which is larger than the radiation radius. Thats right, air blocks radiation but obviously a wider amount is needed when compared to the 6 inches of lead. Therefore, tactical nukes do mean a danger of irradiation.

Air does not block radiation, but thanks for screwing up your roll you were doing ok until you posted the interesting information, which is ridiculous. 

14 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Fallout isn`t as deadly as some believe, so long as it doesn`t get into your body. If a nuke detonated and then 20 minutes later fallout fell down onto your skin, you have 5 minutes to wash it off before you would have received a dose that can kill you. After 2 days that fallout has lost most of its radiation, but to be safe the nuclear war survival guide recommends not going out for 2 weeks.

Again your information is very poor, there are far to many factors that must be taken into consideration from the soil where the detonation took place to the elements used to create the critical mass reaction in the weapon itself. So please save the generic information provided above for yourself hopefully you will never have to use the information you provided.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

I'm a citizen of a Western NATO country. So of course, ''We and ''Us''.

I take Putin and the Russian POV a lot more seriously than many people here though. If our leaders had done so, there probably wouldn't even had a war to begin with.

Some desperately want to label me as a ''pro-Russian'', even though that's not the case.

Nope, you're accomplishing that all by your self. Saying you're from a NATO country means nothing. It's your posting that outs you. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Oligarchs have been dying under "mysterious" circumstances recently, so I certainly don't think it's a case of "oligarchs" potentially preventing him from doing anything. It's actually happened with such frequency that there is a Wikipedia page dedicated entirely to their deaths.

2022 Russian businessmen mystery deaths - Wikipedia

His influence and power shouldn't be underestimated, in my opinion.

So far it's just been the little fish he's been killing. There are many that pootie doesn't dare threaten. When the ludicrously rich start losing money, Pootie will be removed with extreme prejudice. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

So far it's just been the little fish he's been killing. There are many that pootie doesn't dare threaten. When the ludicrously rich start losing money, Pootie will be removed with extreme prejudice. 

Who do you suspect to be the "big fish"? Also, I'm not sure that there would be much that could be done by these oligarchs (however big they may be) once the order has been given.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1

Zelensky: Putin nuclear threat ‘could be a reality’

''Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Sunday said Russian President Vladimir Putin might not be bluffing in his latest threats of using nuclear weapons.

“Look, maybe yesterday it was bluff,” Zelensky said on CBS’s “Face the Nation” during an interview with moderator Margaret Brennan.

“Now, it could be a reality,” Zelensky continued. “Let’s look, what is a contemporary use of nuclear weapons or nuclear blackmail? He targeted and occupied our nuclear power plant and the city of Enerhodar.”

https://thehill.com/policy/international/3660177-zelensky-putin-nuclear-threat-could-be-a-reality/

Seems Putin might not be bluffing after all.

• Like 1

Just now, Nuclear Wessel said:

Who do you suspect to be the "big fish"?

russian mafia, top 30 oligarchs, just to name a few. They owe no allegiance to putin, only themselves. They will take him out when they too are bleeding money from sanctions. 

Then there's the scuttlebutt that poutine is in hiding. Just like Hitler did, and we all know how that turned out 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Zelensky: Putin nuclear threat ‘could be a reality’

''Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Sunday said Russian President Vladimir Putin might not be bluffing in his latest threats of using nuclear weapons.

“Look, maybe yesterday it was bluff,” Zelensky said on CBS’s “Face the Nation” during an interview with moderator Margaret Brennan.

“Now, it could be a reality,” Zelensky continued. “Let’s look, what is a contemporary use of nuclear weapons or nuclear blackmail? He targeted and occupied our nuclear power plant and the city of Enerhodar.”

https://thehill.com/policy/international/3660177-zelensky-putin-nuclear-threat-could-be-a-reality/

Seems Putin might not be bluffing after all.

You're just requoting the same crap from a different media source.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Are you suggesting that Zelensky is wrong?

Lol, you didn't even read the whole article. Go back, read the whole thing, then get back to me. Selective quoting seems to be your forte.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Trelane said:

Lost a good friend to a 155 round that was fashioned as an IED. There was hardly anything left of him or his gunner. 

Sorry for your friend or his gunner, doesn't change my stance.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, and-then said:

I hope you are correct.  I think we can agree that his sham referenda will precede the annexation of those 4 regions and at that point he HAS TO follow through with the threats or be shown to be a loser in front of his country.  He has painted all of us into a dangerous corner.  

I'll be amazed if he doesn't find a way to escalate the war once those regions become "Russian".

I'm always correct.

• Haha 1

Even Russia’s friends are getting upset over its war

Throughout the annual gathering, world leader after world leader had expressed deep discomfort if not outright condemnation over Russia’s war in Ukraine. Even some countries that have stayed friendly with the Kremlin called for a cease-fire or other ways to end the crisis. Few offered words of comfort to Russia. And Russian President Vladimir Putin, who did not attend UNGA, did himself no favors when he announced mid-week that he was escalating the battle and might even use nuclear weapons.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/even-russia-s-friends-are-getting-upset-over-its-war/ar-AA12ctiN?ocid=Peregrine&cvid=0a3fedd20b374d57b1a7f68427f8fafe

• Like 4

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked