Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

42 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

Now is not the time to visit Greece or Turkey , you can spend a pleasant time in th Lake District ,and the Beer is better there .I hope you get back safely

Appreciate it but I don't think it'll kick off. Maybe a dog fight or two but cant see anything major happening  besides it'll be a free firework show!!

Only joking obviously before someone jumps down my throat.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Oligarchs/Russian businessman have been dying under "mysterious" (i.e. he likely ordered them killed) circumstances recently, so I certainly don't think it's a case of oligarchs potentially preventing him from doing anything. It's actually happened with such frequency that there is a Wikipedia page dedicated entirely to their deaths.

2022 Russian businessmen mystery deaths - Wikipedia

His influence and power shouldn't be underestimated, in my opinion.

Hi Nuke

Unfortunately those oligarchs were drinking vodka near windows and stairs and fell in a drunken stupor.:whistle:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Russians are sending untrained troops to the front

Hi Hank

Are you certain that they have not served in the military previously and were trained as that was part of their focus group for recruitment. Not saying their training is current but enough to send them out first.

Really they are having difficulty supplying their men with adequate functional equipment to start with and how much training does someone need to surrender which many will do.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

fark_KPnD6zjo6s1KqBUZMsVAWC0uDTI.jpg

Hi Hank

And new recruits for the Ukraine are still being trained by NATO to use high tech weapons and tactics. It won’t matter how many under trained ill equipped men they send they are going up against a better trained force.

• Like 3

This an interesting article providing further insight.

"Ex-Russian officer flees army call-up: 'I am disgusted' "

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ex-russian-officer-flees-army-call-up-i-am-disgusted/ar-AA12exbT?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4978ac51304e4e70a587d07d6e78b410

"As soon as President Vladimir Putin announced a "partial mobilisation" for the war in Ukraine former Russian army officer Alex jumped in his car and drove to Finland with a single suitcase. "I don't want to be killing my Slav people, my brothers, my sisters," the middle-aged man tells AFP from a modest hotel room in Finland, where he arrived on Thursday."

"Born in Sevastopol in Crimea during Soviet times, Alex once held a Ukrainian passport but could not hold onto the dual citizenship when he moved to Russia to pursue a military career. Alex says his parents consider him a "traitor" and he "would not be surprised" if his mother reported him to Russia's FSB intelligence service."

"Trying everything in his power to get his family out of Russia, Alex is certain he never wants to live there again."

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

He made very sure that the place is very much set on fire :D I think it was personal. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

He made very sure that the place is very much set on fire :D I think it was personal. 

Police report shows it was a cigar that caused this.

Edited by godnodog
  • Haha 4

By the way, Truha (Tpyxa) has videos both of the self-immolation (he survived) and the shooting in russian recruitment offices (one dead, I'm not sure others didn't break their legs running away), but I won't post them here. 

• Like 1

Ah-ah-ah... segal, depardieu and this little turd too... to the recruitment office, citizens of ruzzian federation, what are you waiting for? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I apologize to all sane people who happen to be gay, for saying that only a closet gay, frustrated with life-long denial of own sexual orientation, can attack women with such hatred.  

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Brothers of Italy (her party) is anti-immigration, so they won`t tolerate the EU refusing to reform on immigration.

Itexit will come because of it.

Italy are so much in debt they rely on the E.U. for funding , they can't afford to leave . and I've heard that a lot of their new Gov't are friendly with Russia's Kremlin , so what sanctions are they applying . Their tanks have just reached Afghanistan because as we all know they have 1 forward and 2 reverse gears .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

May not be apropriate for thread, nevertheless

Its OK, but another common meme for nationalism and the glories of war.   The heroes of real wars are scrawny young men barely out of their childhood and grannys.   The Russian man quoted as saying,  "I don't want to die for somebody elses ambition,"   summed up war pretty well.

• Like 1

I hoped this... person... will experience consequences, but I must say I'm amazed with the speed - on the first working day since the news of his "observing" for putler came out, he was fired. 

Good. Now don't let him back in Germany. (I know it doesn't work that way, but it should.) 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, godnodog said:

Wonder how long will Russia take to notify the families of the deceased.

They won't , they'll just say that they have gone missing and can't be found , That's until their bodies are dug up from mass graves .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

Just tiny fraction of what you've got (over 30 billion USD in that currency).

We paid it all back ,the figure  you see above was the final payment . $83 bn .

Why are you bringing this up on this thread , did Russia ever pay you back for the logistics you "loaned" them , carried to Murmansk and Archangel  by the British Merchant Navy .

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

Italy are so much in debt they rely on the E.U. for funding , they can't afford to leave . and I've heard that a lot of their new Gov't are friendly with Russia's Kremlin , so what sanctions are they applying . Their tanks have just reached Afghanistan because as we all know they have 1 forward and 2 reverse gears .

Leaving will make managing their national debt easier not harder.

The EU bans creating inflation to devalue a debt or defaulting. All that would happen if they ever needed a bailout is it would come from the IMF rather than the EU.

Reports are coming out of Ukranian artillery destroying a Russian train carrying Russian soldiers in Luhansk oblast.

North of Lyman the Ukranian military seems to have made significant gains and is getting close to the Zherebets river.

Russian military largely lead by Wagner continue to do failed daily frontal assaults on Bakhmut resulting in significant losses in men and equipment.  These daily frontal assaults have been going on for like a month or two now, I lost track of when they started.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Russia steps up attacks with Iranian drones, Ukraine plans defences - officials

''KYIV (Reuters) - Ukraine's president and security chiefs met on Monday to plan ways to counteract Russia's use of "new types of weapons" after Moscow stepped up attacks in Odesa region using Iranian combat drones, the president's office and a regional official said.

Russia carried out at least five attacks on targets in the region using unmanned Shahed-136 drones in the last few days, Serhiy Bratchuk, spokesperson for Odesa's regional administration, told a news briefing.

One of the attacks hit an undisclosed military target in the southern region in the early hours of Monday, he said.''

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/russia-steps-up-attacks-with-iranian-drones-ukraine-plans-defences-officials/ar-AA12fL2O

Seems the Iranian drones are much more effective than previously believed.

Edited by Occult1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked