Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?


Grim Reaper 6
 Share

Recommended Posts

Good god, I just saw a video of a young Russian man helpfully breaking the leg of his friend, so he can avoid mobilization (and consequential dying in Ukraine).  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

:lol: evil clowns... at least their drone instructors got fried together with other orcs. In Kherson area. I haven't seen a confirmation yet but I sure hope it's true. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you thought orcs will at least try to make it look remotely convincing... you were wrong :lol:

 

They can make it 197% indeed, no worries, no one will accept ruzzian sham referendumps. (Except North Korea and similar evil clowns.)

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems that Lyman is nearly surrounded if not surrounded already.  Ukranian military pushes to the north have cut off all connections to Lyman.  Only one major roadway connects Lyman to the rest of Russian occupied territory and if the reports are accurate Ukranian reconnaissance elements are already on the outskirts of the last town needed to be liberated to have Lyman and a few other towns/villages surrounded.

The map is from pro-Russian sources

Fdq3NwaXoAEzcBC.thumb.jpeg.8de511274e989de0480fd1322eda2ff9.jpeg

Once Tors'ke is liberated then Lyman is effectively surrounded.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Over 96% said to favour joining Russia in first vote results from occupied Ukraine regions

''LONDON, Sept 27 (Reuters) - First partial voting results from four Russian-occupied regions of Ukraine showed majorities of more than 96% in favour of becoming part of Russia after so-called referendums that Kyiv and the West have denounced as a sham.

Hastily arranged votes had taken place over five days in the four areas - Donetsk, Luhansk, Zaporizhzhia and Kherson - that make up about 15% of Ukrainian territory.

Russian-installed officials took ballot boxes from house to house in what Ukraine and the West said was an illegitimate, coercive exercise to create a legal pretext for Russia to annex the four regions.''

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/first-partial-results-show-over-96-occupied-ukraine-regions-favour-joining-2022-09-27/

 

Looks like a massive victory for the pro-Russian camp in those regions.

Edited by Occult1
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Occult1 said:

Over 96% said to favour joining Russia in first vote results from occupied Ukraine regions

''LONDON, Sept 27 (Reuters) - First partial voting results from four Russian-occupied regions of Ukraine showed majorities of more than 96% in favour of becoming part of Russia after so-called referendums that Kyiv and the West have denounced as a sham.

Hastily arranged votes had taken place over five days in the four areas - Donetsk, Luhansk, Zaporizhzhia and Kherson - that make up about 15% of Ukrainian territory.

Russian-installed officials took ballot boxes from house to house in what Ukraine and the West said was an illegitimate, coercive exercise to create a legal pretext for Russia to annex the four regions.''

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/first-partial-results-show-over-96-occupied-ukraine-regions-favour-joining-2022-09-27/

97% lol :innocent:. Russia isn't even trying to make this vote look legitment 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

97% lol :innocent:. Russia isn't even trying to make this vote look legitment 

These people speak russian, eat russian and breathe russian. It's their traditional culture. I'm not surprised that they would be overwhelmingly in favor of joining the Russian federation.

Edited by Occult1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saw this article earlier today. A good reminder that Russian and Chinese bots do exist on the internet to push narratives. 

Quote

 

Facebook parent company Meta announced Tuesday it had detected and shut down two separate networks of fake accounts engaged in covert influence operations run from China and Russia.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/27/tech/meta-china-russia-influence-campaigns/index.html

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Saw this article earlier today. A good reminder that Russian and Chinese bots do exist on the internet to push narratives. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/27/tech/meta-china-russia-influence-campaigns/index.html

There are Ukrainian bots as well:

Quote

According to the researchers, 90.16 per cent of the accounts tweeting on the Russia-Ukraine war were “pro Ukraine” and only 6.80 per cent were “pro Russia”. “Balanced accounts” — those which showed mixed behaviour — comprised 3.04 per cent.

https://theprint.in/tech/60-80-of-twitter-accounts-posting-on-russia-ukraine-war-bots-90-pro-ukraine-finds-new-study/1114878/

Edited by Occult1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Well that's weird lol

Quote

The most commonly-used bot type both by pro-Ukraine and pro-Russia sides is the “self-declared bots — accounts that are transparent about being bots — “suggesting that authorities have identified these bots to be most useful in a information warfare campaign”. Self-declared bot accounts have the word ‘bot’ either in the username or bio.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Imagine it's 1943. Imagine you live in the USA. 

Now imagine a radio station starts airing this: "You're in danger of being a victim of American propaganda. Our station will offer you the most balanced news that will include the most reliable German and Japanese sources!" 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Putin could announce Russia is annexing parts of occupied Ukraine on Friday, UK defense chiefs warn

''Russian President Vladimir Putin could announce on Friday his country is formally annexing parts of Ukraine that its forces have been occupying, the UK Ministry of Defense warned on Tuesday.

Russia is holding referendums on the eastern Ukrainian regions joining Russia, in votes that NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg condemned last week as a "sham" and "further escalation in Putin's war." Reuters notes the regions make up 15% of Ukraine's territory.

[...]

"There is a realistic possibility that Putin will use his address to formally announce the accession of the occupied regions of Ukraine to the Russian Federation," the ministry said.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/putin-could-announce-russia-annexing-094009095.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There're still 2,500 Ukrainians detained by russia. 

And few times more of russians captured by Ukraine. 

The swaps are happening, but russia is generally not interested in having their people back. 

(To avoid confusion due to the fact than neither mine nor Olena's first language is English, when she says "russian prisoners" she means "Ukrainians imprisoned by russia". I know you know, but this is Internet, the home of nitpickers.)  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Occult1 said:

As referendums wrap up, Russia issues new nuclear warning to Ukraine, West

An ally of President Vladimir Putin issued a stark new nuclear warning to Ukraine and the West on Tuesday as referendums billed by Russia as a prelude to it annexing four Ukrainian regions entered their fifth and final day.

[...]

Medvedev’s warning differed from earlier ones in that he predicted for the first time that the NATO military alliance would not risk a nuclear war and directly enter the Ukraine war even if Moscow struck Ukraine with nuclear weapons.

“I believe that NATO would not directly interfere in the conflict even in this scenario,” Medvedev said in a post on Telegram.

“The demagogues across the ocean and in Europe are not going to die in a nuclear apocalypse.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/9158539/russia-ukraine-referendums/

I agree - NATO will probably not risk a nuclear war against Russia if a tactical nuke or two is used in Ukraine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

If a "small" tactical one is used in Ukraine, NATO will for starts destroy russian Black Sea Fleet, using conventional weapons.

The moment NATO begins openly attacking Russian military assets, conventionally or otherwise, is when the end begins. They are not going to start attacking Russia over Ukraine. That is absurd.  
 

Also, I would be sceptical that Russia would use a single strategic nuke agains NATO. I suspect it would be many nukes. They have the capability despite what Western sources are attempting to downplay in the media. 

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I agree - NATO will probably not risk a nuclear war against Russia if a tactical nuke or two is used in Ukraine. 

Not by responding with nukes, probably not. NATO announced the response will be destruction of russian Black Sea fleet, using conventional weapons. Which means direct NATO attack on russian forces and territory, which means you still get nuked. And russia gets totally obliterated in response.

But all of this happens only if russia throws the first one. Just to make it clear who has to withdraw here. russia. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Helen of Annoy said:

Not by responding with nukes, probably not. NATO announced the response will be destruction of russian Black Sea fleet, using conventional weapons. Which means direct NATO attack on russian forces and territory, which means you still get nuked. And russia gets totally obliterated in response.

But all of this happens only if russia throws the first one. Just to make it clear who has to withdraw here. russia. 

Russia would very likely respond with nukes if the Black Sea fleet is destroyed. I do not see Putin backing down from something like that. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

The moment NATO begins openly attacking Russian military assets, conventionally or otherwise, is when the end begins. They are not going to start attacking Russia over Ukraine. That is absurd.  
 

Also, I would be sceptical that Russia would use a single strategic nuke agains NATO. I suspect it would be many nukes. They have the capability despite what Western sources are attempting to downplay in the media. 

See my response above. 

Also, the only way you can avoid being nuked by putler is to make it very clear that there will be response. 

I'm sorry you're not convinced there will be a response, which makes you apparently worried, but it doesn't matter. putler is convinced, that's what matters. (Most likely he is, nothing's ever certain, but that's one of the axioms in life.)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I agree - NATO will probably not risk a nuclear war against Russia if a tactical nuke or two is used in Ukraine. 

That means Russia cannot ''lose'' the war, at least they won't be pushed back from the territories they are annexing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

That means Russia cannot ''lose'' the war, at least they won't be pushed back from the territories they are annexing.

When Russia is pushed out of Kherson oblast, Zaporizhzhia oblast, Donetsk oblast, Luhansk oblast, and probably Crimea I'll remind you of this post.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

    • DarkHunter