Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

EU warns of retaliation for any attack on Europe's energy networks after leaks in Nord Stream pipelines

The European Union suspects that damage to two underwater natural gas pipelines was sabotage and is warning of retaliation for any attack on Europe's energy networks, a senior official said Wednesday, as energy companies began ramping up security.

The episode underscored the vulnerability of Europe's energy infrastructure and further heightened tensions in the continent that has been rocked by the seven-month war in Ukraine. Poland and several experts said Russia was probably to blame, and could benefit from further market instability.

Seismologists reported that explosions rattled the Baltic Sea before unusual leaks were discovered Tuesday on two underwater natural gas pipelines running from Russia to Germany. The incidents came as the EU struggles to keep a lid on soaring gas and electricity prices.

Source: EU warns of retaliation for any attack on Europe's energy networks after leaks in Nord Stream pipelines | CBC News

Also, I'm glad that Russia is starting to become more forthcoming about their economic hardships.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said allegations that Russia could be behind the incidents were "predictable and stupid." He told reporters in a conference call that the damage has caused Russia huge economic losses.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Let's not forget that the referendums are not intended to convince Westerners, who are obviously against anything Russia is doing.

They are intended to convince Russians, that there are enough of their people in those 4 regions that need to be protected. That Putin is doing the right thing for their nation.

That is entirely incorrect.  If these referendums were solely for Russians, Putin could simply release more propaganda to the people.

These referendums are specifically to justify furthering the war effort, and need to be seen by the West.

image.gif.b6477bf1e93d58dc11419ca770ee4be5.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

The vast majority of the residents that are still there support annexation to Russia. That's enough justification for Putin to defend these territories with the full brunt of the Russian military.

Do I believe these results are an example of impeccable democracy? No. But Ukraine isn't either.

How do you know that though when they were forced to go voting at gunpoint? 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

EU warns of retaliation for any attack on Europe's energy networks after leaks in Nord Stream pipelines

The real reason...

mmqohqv94nq91.jpg

• Haha 9

Let's not forget that the referendums are not intended to convince Westerners, who are obviously against anything Russia is doing.

They are intended to convince Russians, that there are enough of their people in those 4 regions that need to be protected. That Putin is doing the right thing for their nation.

I'm trying to get you to say if you think the referendums are fair. So instead of copying Russian talking points tell me what you think about an undemocratic referendum. Is that really so hard ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Just curious... 

Could you post some videos of voters being forced to vote at gunpoint?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Actually, having thought about it, I think it might be Britain.

Truss passes a crazy budget, we destroy the pipes, EU eco collapses, and our businesses take up the slack. That will ruin the imperial ambitions of the Franco-Prussians lmao.

I say that because the budget on its own is bizarre.

I see. Is this hostility against EU's support for Russia all residue material from your pro Brexit days? 

Shame on you. There's a huge difference between Farage shooting snarky comments at Brussels because they wanted to keep the Union together and Vlad threatening the EU with nukes because they support a country being invaded, where genocide is being committed, children raped and killed etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Just curious... 

Cause 2 heavily armed Chechen soldiers going door to door with referendum workers to get the votes of civilians wont be influencing the vote at all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

I see. Is this hostility against EU's support for Russia all residue material from your pro Brexit days? 

Shame on you. There's a huge difference between Farage shooting snarky comments at Brussels because they wanted to keep the Union together and Vlad threatening the EU with nukes because they support a country being invaded, where genocide is being committed, children raped and killed etc.

Neither lol.

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

Just curious... 

"just asking questions"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I'm trying to get you to say if you think the referendums are fair. So instead of copying Russian talking points tell me what you think about an undemocratic referendum. Is that really so hard ?

How are they undemocratic? The citizens that were there in those regions voted massively in favor of joining the Russian federation. They are choosing their own destiny. You may not like the results but the facts still remain.  If the goal was to liberate the ethnic Russian populace from Ukrainian control, they will serve their purpose.

Edited by Occult1

12 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

How are they undemocratic?

They were illegal elections carried out by illegal occupiers against foreign citizens under duress. That's not a democratic process.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

The number of russians captured by Ukraine is ridiculously big, but Ukraine wants their people back, all of them, as soon as possible, no matter what. Hence the "all for all" format. Ukraine doesn't care for disparity in numbers, Ukraine wants everyone of their own (Ukrainian or foreigner) back.   

It will be harder to get abducted Ukrainian children back. International community will have to help. The perpetrators are known, the identities of children are known, there must be a way to force russia to return them.  

Hi Helen

Just wondering if the Russians that volunteered a surrender what would happen if they didn’t want to be exchanged? If they decided that they would rather enlist as a volunteer with the Ukrainian forces instead rather than be sent back home. If they go back they will likely be put back into action and at least with the Ukrainian military they would get better training and weapons to fight with. Maybe some will be changed with desertion or being a traitor.

The upside is if they do go back and put back into action they might bring more toys to abandon and surrender again.:lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Hi Nuke

Lets not forget about the invisible ink ones that were mentioned earlier that were just blank paper.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How are they undemocratic? The citizens that were there in those regions voted massively in favor of joining the Russian federation. They are choosing their own destiny. You may not like the results but the facts still remain.  If the goal was to liberate the ethnic Russian populace from Ukrainian control, they will serve their purpose.

When you claim that those elections weren't undemocratic I see three options. You are either:

A: Ignorant

B: Dishonest

C: Both

Which is it ?

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

When you claim that those elections weren't undemocratic I see three options. You are either:

A: Ignorant

B: Dishonest

C: Both

Which is it ?

There's a fourth option I could put in there, but I reckon it'd get reported by the person in question.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Your unbelievable and obviously sympathizer to Putins cause. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

There's a fourth option I could put in there, but I reckon it'd get reported by the person in question.

If it is what I think it is, I thought option B would cover it.

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Your unbelievable and obviously sympathizer to Putins cause. 

I sympathize with both Ukrainians and Russians. I also think that there won't be peace without negotiations. But some people here prefer that the U.S./NATO fight it's proxy war with Russia to the last Ukrainian.

Edited by Occult1

7 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Not to run my mouth too much.

Au contraire!

I was wondering when you would turn up on this thread. You have a lot of catching up to do!

:innocent:

• Haha 2

Iran’s Drones Are Cheap, Plentiful and Helping Russia in Ukraine

(Bloomberg) -- After months of being hammered on Ukraine’s battlefields by US kamikaze drones and longer range rocket systems, Russia is striking back with a new capability if its own, attacking the southern port city of Odesa almost daily with winged missiles from Iran. 

That’s leading some Ukrainians to begin to flee Odesa again for the first time since before the summer. Russia has hit the port and the military’s Southern Command, both in the center of the city of 1 million, plus an ammunition depot and other targets outside the city.

[...]

Yet there’s another reason President Volodymyr Zelenskiy ejected Iran’s ambassador and in a meeting this week with his top commanders focused on the new threat: The drones are inexpensive, hard to shoot down and hitting logistics and command and control centers behind Ukrainian lines.''

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/iran-s-drones-are-cheap-plentiful-and-helping-russia-in-ukraine-1.1825185

But we have been made to believe that:

On 9/7/2022 at 1:12 AM, jmccr8 said:

Lets see the drones from Iran are nowhere near as capable as what they are up against. The ones that can’t fly or function must have been part of the spare parts invent.

34 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Iran’s Drones Are Cheap, Plentiful and Helping Russia in Ukraine

No, no they're not. This has been debunked and reported on previously.  At best, 1 in 4 are reaching targets. Most targets have been civilian in nature as well. So yes, the Russians are being meagerly effective at continuing to terrorize and murder civilians. Nice try though.

"Russia has faced 'failures' with Iranian-made drones, says U.S. official"

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/russia-has-faced-failures-with-iranian-made-drones-says-us-official-2022-08-30/

" Russia has faced "numerous failures" with Iranian-made drones acquired from Tehran this month for use in its war with Ukraine, according to a senior U.S. administration official."

@Occult1, anything else you want to try and peddle?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

"just asking questions"

Yes, thank you. 

Just curious.... Can you post some videos of civilians forced to go voting at gunpoint? 

7 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Cause 2 heavily armed Chechen soldiers going door to door with referendum workers to get the votes of civilians wont be influencing the vote at all.

Thank you for the video. Is there more videos?

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked