Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

I like it how Russian apolagists think this war is going Putlers way when hes called for mobilization. Yea cause that aint desperate. 

BTW looks like Ukraine may make a couple more breakthroughs soon. :tsu:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Ukraine will not be able to retake those regions without extensive support from the US/NATO. It will be tempting to freeze the frontlines, as it's probably better to contain Russian forces to 15% of Ukraine than risking direct war.

3 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Ukraine's public debt in 2022 may reach 86.2% of GDP - IMF

https://frontnews.eu/en/news/details/27911

The Ukraine is completely broke.

The country is being purchased by the U.S., IMF, World Bank and EU.

That's bullshart, and you know it. Ukraine is back operating at 90%. Investors are pouring in because they recognize a reliable, productive and friendly country when they see it. Then there's the huge amount of ships they just filled with grain, and other products. 

They are doing just fine without you russians.

• Like 3

Well at least someone over at the UN finally woke up. I will say that the secretary -general is like his predecessors being late to the show calling it a dangerous escalation. That occurred when Russia illegally invaded a neighboring country.

"UN chief condemns Russia’s plan to annex Ukrainian regions"

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/9/29/un-chief-condemns-russian-plan-to-annex-ukrainian-regions

"Russia’s plan to annex four Ukrainian regions would mark a “dangerous escalation” in the war in Ukraine that would jeopardise the prospects for peace, the United Nations secretary-general has warned."

“Any decision to proceed with the annexation of Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine would have no legal value and deserves to be condemned,” Antonio Guterres told reporters at the UN headquarters in New York City on Thursday."

“I want to underscore that the so-called referenda were conducted during active armed conflict in areas under Russian occupation and outside Ukraine’s legal and constitutional framework. They cannot be called genuine expression of the popular will,” Guterres said".

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

13 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Seems Putin knows exactly what he's doing, which does not fit the definition of someone 'crazy'.

He knows he can hold on to those regions indefinitely, and the local population will not oppose him. In fact, a clear majority supports him.

I don't think that would have been the case elsewhere in Ukraine.

You admire him, dont you? You see all his moves as net positives even though the evidence against this is in overwhelming abundance. 

You gloss over, or wave away all the atrocities the orcs have orchestrated against Ukraine.

You are not a nice person, and I feel sorry for you because your world is about to come crashing down around your ears. 

Slava Ukraini!

Edited by Hankenhunter
Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

All I did was hit a like Cookie's post where he asked more than Twitter; and, all of sudden everyone is Oscar The Grouch.

He's received approximately 8,000 likes before.

I am not seeing who liked Cookies comments, that's their business, I replied ro your comment.

6 hours ago, Occult1 said:

The Syrian 'civil war' is still ongoing 10 years later. But the frontlines are largely frozen. The Ukrainian conflict will also likely remain unresolved. It's up to the U.S./NATO if it wants Ukraine to launch counter-attacks on the annexed territories. I don't think we will risk direct war. But Ukraine cannot on it's own successfully do so. The evidence 

So what. You're just rattling off your flawed opinions. So they're getting aid. So what? Fairs fair. The rest of the world is tired of Putin's shenanigans. Ukraine is in a unique position to break Russia, so they pour all their resources in to Ukraine to accomplish this. Fairs fair. Russia is about to be delegated to the dust bin of history while Ukraine is making it.

Edited by Hankenhunter
Content
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Ukrainian military intelligence claims the risk of Russia using nuclear weapons is now 'very high,' report says

''The Ukrainian military isn't taking Vladimir Putin's nuclear threats lightly.

The Russian president last week in a brazen escalation of his war in Ukraine made a thinly-veiled threat of nuclear warfare, warning that "this is not a bluff."

Several intelligence experts have since said that the threat of nuclear war remains minimal, but Ukraine is sounding the alarm nonetheless. In an interview with The Guardian this week, Vadym Skibitsky, Ukraine's deputy intelligence chief, put the threat of Russia using a nuclear weapon against Ukraine at "very high."

https://news.yahoo.com/ukrainian-military-intelligence-claims-risk-224802327.html

Some people here want us to believe that Putin is 'bluffing'.

:sleepy:  Oh dreary me, another threat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, godnodog said:

I am not seeing who liked Cookies comments, that's their business, I replied ro your comment.

That comment was in turn a reply to another post that complained about me liking a post of Cookie's.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 2

US spy planes appear to be monitoring a Russian enclave in Europe, possibly looking for signs of nuclear weapons activity
The US military appears to be stepping up aerial surveillance of a Russian territory in Europe, potentially signalling concern that the Kremlin could decide to deploy or even use nuclear weapons in Ukraine as Russian leaders have warned.

On Wednesday, a US electronic surveillance plane, the Boeing RC-135, departed from a base in the United Kingdom and circled around Kaliningrad, a Russian territory along the Baltic Sea — sharing no land border with the mainland — that was annexed after World War II, according to a flight tracking website. It was at least the third such flight in the past week.

Home to nearly 500,000 people, it is sometimes referred to as Russia's "unsinkable aircraft carrier" because it is wedged between Poland and Lithuania, essentially providing the Kremlin a forward operating base within NATO territory.

In 2018, Russia carried out a "major renovation" of an active nuclear weapons storage facility in Kaliningrad some 50 kilometers from Poland, according to Hans Kristensen, a nuclear arms expert at the Federation of American Scientists. The facility, he wrote at the time, could function "as a forward storage site that would be supplied with warheads from central storage sites in a crisis."

US Spy Planes Appear to Be Monitoring Russian Enclave Kaliningrad (businessinsider.com)

Am not convinced that the threats are entirely hollow, tbh.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 3

A nuclear simulation developed at Princeton University about what a nuclear war could theoretically look like between Russia and NATO/US.

The music is rather creepy.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel

12 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

US spy planes appear to be monitoring a Russian enclave in Europe, possibly looking for signs of nuclear weapons activity
The US military appears to be stepping up aerial surveillance of a Russian territory in Europe, potentially signalling concern that the Kremlin could decide to deploy or even use nuclear weapons in Ukraine as Russian leaders have warned.

On Wednesday, a US electronic surveillance plane, the Boeing RC-135, departed from a base in the United Kingdom and circled around Kaliningrad, a Russian territory along the Baltic Sea — sharing no land border with the mainland — that was annexed after World War II, according to a flight tracking website. It was at least the third such flight in the past week.

Home to nearly 500,000 people, it is sometimes referred to as Russia's "unsinkable aircraft carrier" because it is wedged between Poland and Lithuania, essentially providing the Kremlin a forward operating base within NATO territory.

In 2018, Russia carried out a "major renovation" of an active nuclear weapons storage facility in Kaliningrad some 50 kilometers from Poland, according to Hans Kristensen, a nuclear arms expert at the Federation of American Scientists. The facility, he wrote at the time, could function "as a forward storage site that would be supplied with warheads from central storage sites in a crisis."

US Spy Planes Appear to Be Monitoring Russian Enclave Kaliningrad (businessinsider.com)

There are likely more than just aerial assets monitoring this situation. Vladdy has deluded himself to think he's in a very safe bubble. He and his cronies are very far from safe now.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Well looks like Ukraine might be making a breakthrough in Kharkiv oblast and around lyman. Both of them could lead to a further push into Luhansk and Donetsk. From what I've been seeing is russia are using elite troops in defensive positions because the conscripts/militia are crap.

If true and Ukraine grinds down russias elite troops this will lead to another "regroup" in a couple of areas.

Not to mention there's talks that orcs are poorly equipped for the winter whilst countries have given winter kit to Ukraine. Putler is pooring way too many "troops" into Ukraine this could be a catastrophe for them in the winter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

You admire him, dont you? You see all his moves as net positives even though the evidence against this is in overwhelming abundance. 

You gloss over, or wave away all the atrocities the orcs have orchestrated against Ukraine.

You are not a nice person, and I feel sorry for you because your world is about to come crashing down around your ears. 

Slava Ukraini!

I find it interesting that the people who clearly support Russia are afraid to outright say so. Instead they use the "I'm neutral" routine. Be bold and say what you mean guys. 

As I have stated before I'm not neutral in this and I'm not afraid to say so.

Slava Ukraini indeed !

• Like 5

Ukraine on Friday blamed Moscow for shelling a convoy of civilian cars in the southern Zaporizhzhia region that killed at least 23 on the front line.

Zaporizhzhia regional governor Oleksandr Starukh said the strikes had also injured 28 people, "all civilians, local people." 

A pro-Kremlin official in the Russian-occupied region of Zaporizhzhia blamed Kyiv and denied the Russian army was behind the attack.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/09/30/ukraine-says-russian-strikes-on-civilian-convoy-kill-23-a78933

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

JAKE11 which is a R135 Rivet Joint has been circling Kaliningrad weekly for several months also goes up and flies offshore around Murmansk.

Image below are the spook planes out right now. This doesn't show refueling planes flying around which there is about 2-3 daily and where there are tankers there are fighter planes not transponding so you don't get to see them. This is everyday.

Normal Day.jpg

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

That comment was in turn a reply to another post that complained about me liking a post of Cookie's.

I hope you are not catching flack for "liking" a post of anyone.   

Even posters that I disagree with 99% of the time will occasionally post something that I "like".

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

That's bullshart, and you know it. Ukraine is back operating at 90%. Investors are pouring in because they recognize a reliable, productive and friendly country when they see it. Then there's the huge amount of ships they just filled with grain, and other products. 

They are doing just fine without you russians.

You need to stop.

There is nothing wrong with being on the Ukrainian side, most are. I`m not by the way, I`m solely on the British side. I think Britain should be asking itself how can we turn this conflict to our advantage? How can we gain from it? Yet our leaders aren`t doing that and our economy is suffering because of it.

Anyway, I was saying, you need to stop with the claims that are just plain wrong. You can be truthful as well as support Ukraine you know. Their GDP has collapsed. It`s expected to have been halved by the close of this year: Ukraine GDP - 2022 Data - 2023 Forecast - 1987-2021 Historical - Chart - News (tradingeconomics.com) and is so far down 35% as of August: https://gmk.center/en/news/the-decline-of-ukraines-economy-slowed-to-35-y-y-in-august-2022-ministry-of-economy/. Also, the US are largely propping up the state with financial aid.

There is no influx of investment, it`s an exodus, because investors do not like instability. Nothing causes more instability that a war.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

You need to stop.

There is nothing wrong with being on the Ukrainian side, most are. I`m not by the way, I`m solely on the British side. I think Britain should be asking itself how can we turn this conflict to our advantage? How can we gain from it? Yet our leaders aren`t doing that and our economy is suffering because of it.

Anyway, I was saying, you need to stop with the claims that are just plain wrong. You can be truthful as well as support Ukraine you know. Their GDP has collapsed. It`s expected to have been halved by the close of this year: Ukraine GDP - 2022 Data - 2023 Forecast - 1987-2021 Historical - Chart - News (tradingeconomics.com) and is so far down 35% as of August: https://gmk.center/en/news/the-decline-of-ukraines-economy-slowed-to-35-y-y-in-august-2022-ministry-of-economy/. Also, the US are largely propping up the state with financial aid.

There is no influx of investment, it`s an exodus, because investors do not like instability. Nothing causes more instability that a war.

I guess Lindberg was right:

Following Hitler's invasion of Czechoslovakia and Poland, Lindbergh opposed sending aid to countries under threat, writing "I do not believe that repealing the arms embargo would assist democracy in Europe" and[160] "If we repeal the arms embargo with the idea of assisting one of the warring sides to overcome the other, then why mislead ourselves by talk of neutrality?"[160] He equated assistance with war profiteering: "To those who argue that we could make a profit and build up our own industry by selling munitions abroad, I reply that we in America have not yet reached a point where we wish to capitalize on the destruction and death of war."[160]

(link)

Instead of assisting Brits, US should have stayed away, and kept all those $ billions...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

I guess Lindberg was right:

(link)

Instead of assisting Brits, US should have stayed away, and kept all those $ billions...

I see it as meaning either go in or stay away.

• Haha 1

Russian forces have attempted to regain the initiative. Targeting civilians isn't a smart way to garner any sort of support though.

"Russian strike kills 25 as Moscow prepares to annex parts of Ukraine"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russian-strike-kills-25-as-moscow-prepares-to-annex-parts-of-ukraine/ar-AA12qzoI?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=d305810567a74cba92fecf51da8958a0

"Russia pounded Ukrainian cities with missiles, rockets and suicide drones, with one strike reported to have killed 25 people, as Moscow moved Friday to annex more Ukrainian territory and put it under the protection of its nuclear umbrella in a potentially perilous new development in the 7-month-old war."

"But even as it prepared to celebrate the incorporation into Russia of four occupied Ukrainian regions, in defiance of international law and with the prospect of further sanctions, the Kremlin faced another stinging battlefield loss. Russian and Western analysts reported the imminent Ukrainian encirclement of the eastern city of Lyman. Retaking the city could open the path for Ukraine to push deep into one of the regions Russia is absorbing in a move widely condemned as illegal."

"Russian salvos reported in four Ukrainian cities amounted to the heaviest barrage that Russia has unleashed for weeks. The assault follows analysts’ warnings that Russian President Vladimir Putin is likely to dip more heavily into his dwindling stocks of precision weapons and step up attacks in a bid to escalate the war to a degree that would shatter Western support for Ukraine."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Kremlin says military campaign in Ukraine to continue at least until capture of all of Donetsk region

''MOSCOW, Sept 28 (Reuters) - The Kremlin said on Wednesday its "special military operation" in Ukraine must continue at least until the capture of all of east Ukraine's Donetsk region. 

In a call with reporters, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov noted that the self-styled Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) - a breakaway Russian-backed entity that has been fighting Ukrainian forces since 2014 - controls only part of the wider  territory which it claims."

Therefore it is necessary, as a minimum, to liberate the entire territory of the DPR,", he said.''

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/kremlin-says-military-campaign-ukraine-continue-least-until-capture-all-donetsk-2022-09-28/

This whole thing is crap  its  like same as saying , if someone walked into Russia with military might, invaded and annexed a 5th of Russia , then they own it. Or say Russia invades U.S. and annexes California , and says " we own it now" . Some of the Russians trying to leave Russia were interviewed and saying same thing , " this is not our territory , Russia is the aggressor" . They know whats going on.

Edited by razman
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Ukraine cannot repay it's outstanding loans and bonds. They are paying with their sovereignty, by subjecting themselves to the influence of foreign interests.

Is that like the Russia invading and taking territory you mean? :ph34r:

Edited by razman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked