Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

13 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

He's behaving like he wants to reunify the USSR.

He does. Grandpa is off his rocker :yes:

He wants to go back in time, to his youth, when his KGB position made him feel taller than he was. By resurrecting USSR, he hopes to become immortal. A hybrid of tsar, Stalin and hypersonic missile or whichever mythical Wunderwaffe is the most popular in their propaganda skaska (fairytale).   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

He does. Grandpa is off his rocker :yes:

He wants to go back in time, to his youth, when his KGB position made him feel taller than he was. By resurrecting USSR, he hopes to become immortal. A hybrid of tsar, Stalin and hypersonic missile or whichever mythical Wunderwaffe is the most popular in their propaganda skaska (fairytale).   

The irony is, once he dies, the communist party in Russia is the next most popular group given that United Russia is much like the GOP is here: Entirely based around the whims of one specific strongman, and once that strongman is gone, the **** will hit the fan for them and their rival will swoop right in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Autochthon1990 said:

The irony is, once he dies, the communist party in Russia is the next most popular group given that United Russia is much like the GOP is here: Entirely based around the whims of one specific strongman, and once that strongman is gone, the **** will hit the fan for them and their rival will swoop right in. 

Only there's no objective data on actual political preferences in Russia.

Any real opposition to Putin was declared terrorist and made illegal. Of course everybody sane will either avoid answering any polls, either claim they support Putin or any of the approved, false opposition options. 

It will be very hard for currently outlawed, actual civil political options to gain any ground, even once Putin is gone. Because oligarchs won't look for ways to bring democracy and prosperity to Russia, they will fight each other tooth and nail for the position of the tsar. 

If the creeping aggression against Ukraine turns into a full-blown war, sanctions will devastate Russian economy and make oligarchs very unhappy. They will look for ways to change the situation, but they most likely can't trust each other enough to conspire properly, and none of them can control the entire military. 

(Remembering 1993 constitutional crisis in Russia, when there's political stalemate in Russia, tanks are rolled out and show the winning party is the one favoured by the military structure.) 

It's too early to tell. But it's significant that Putin has no successor. He plans to live forever :lol: Or, to be more precise, he doesn't care what happens once he's gone. 

In context of GOP and their gold-plated Russian-owned calf, their choice of Putin as their main geopolitical ally was not only unethical, shameless and unAmerican, it is also now proven to be thoroughly stupid and extremely short-sighted. 

Much like it is with European populists and pro-Russians, not only it's now clear who is Putin's fifth column in the West, but their idol also put them into position of going into open war against their own countries (which they claim they love so much and so much more than any "liberal" could). 

And that's the silver lining to Putin's meltdown. He exposed his propagandists in the West as that, what they are. The fifth ****ing column. 

• Like 2

The winter Olympics end tomorrow, time to buy my popcorn.

Hopefully we will all still be here come Monday morning.

Edited by Cookie Monster

5 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Hurry up, while you can still buy anything with rubles. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I can't believe I am actually living in a time like this.

I always knew there was a strange kind of surreal disconnect between reality and Putin’s regime.  Many examples but for instance the Skripal affair in Salisbury, 2 Russian agents identified, but Putin just denies Russian state involvement.  Always the same line.  At the time I remember having a kind of grudging respect for that (don’t like or condone it). But there was a kind of untouchable cool to it, he could do what he wants and no one could touch him.

Now, I simply cannot see any way out for him, and am wondering how he managed to fumble the ball so bad.

If he invades, Russia stands to lose more than it gains, if he backs off he loses face, but I think Ukraine is almost guaranteed a place at NATO’s table and then he has the ‘enemy’ at the gates.

And I’ve been hearing more and more about how he sees the world through Slavic history.  I do think he has cracked. The Putin 10 years ago would never have messed up this badly.

My main concern is that this is his Hail Mary, his long kiss goodnight and he is not concerned about how many people get caught in the crossfire.

Of course it could be that there is a yet unannounced enhancement to the relationship between Russia and China, in which case he likely could do whatever the hell he wants.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grey Area said:

Of course it could be that there is a yet unannounced enhancement to the relationship between Russia and China, in which case he likely could do whatever the hell he wants.

Nope :)

Chinese foreign minister Wang Yi took part in Security conference in Munich, via video link. 

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2022-02-19/Wang-Yi-attends-Munich-Security-Conference-via-video-link-17MCPuu6eti/index.html

I think that translation of diplomat to plain language is: China will blame NATO expansion for Putin's nervous breakdown, but they won't support his war, hot or cold. 

He's screwed.  

It was an interesting speech. Not to try giving my opinion on each implication there was, but they pleasantly surprised me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Chinese foreign minister Wang Yi took part in Security conference in Munich, via video link. 

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2022-02-19/Wang-Yi-attends-Munich-Security-Conference-via-video-link-17MCPuu6eti/index.html

I think that translation of diplomat to plain language is: China will blame NATO expansion for Putin's nervous breakdown, but they won't support his war, hot or cold. 

He's screwed.  

It was an interesting speech. Not to try giving my opinion on each implication there was, but they pleasantly surprised me. 

Yeah I’m just head scratching as to how a normally shrewd Putin has put himself firmly between a rock and a hard place.

During the Cold War the USSR took the p**s out of the Chinese, and the ‘People’ have a long memory.  A military alliance is unlikely.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

He's screwed.  

Sounds like China has a gifted diplomat there.

He didnt say what you claim he did. He is calling for countries to consider the impact they have on other countries. If one doesnt then international peace cannot be maintained (obviously).

He rather diplomatically, and without being confrontational, insulting, or inflaming, tells all sides what they are doing wrong. That speech would have been a headache to write, but he is right.

I also found the words of that diplomat to be impressive, he would make an excellent salesman. But I think NATO is too determined to expand east and Russia is too determined to stop AMD silos going up along its border. War is coming.

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

The reason why Putin is atacking Uknaine is because we have one  of  weakness president we ever had, Biden :(

I dont think thats why.

With the way the scenario is setup in Ukraine then there is no way out at the moment for either side, except war or surrender. That is unless Ukraine tells both sides where to go (which can happen, you never know!).

I think there needs to be talk about letting Eastern European countries into the EU if they wish, but keeping either a demilitarised zone between NATO and Russia, or a cooperative military zone. 

It might sound bonkers but has anybody considered asking Russia if it wants to join NATO? Problem solved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

I dont think thats why.

With the way the scenario is setup in Ukraine then there is no way out at the moment for either side, except war or surrender. That is unless Ukraine tells both sides where to go (which can happen, you never know!).

I think there needs to be talk about letting Eastern European countries into the EU if they wish, but keeping either a demilitarised zone between NATO and Russia, or a cooperative military zone. 

It might sound bonkers but has anybody considered asking Russia if it wants to join NATO? Problem solved.

I do think why  Putin is doing this  like Biden did  this in Afghanistan:( get out in a surrender   we dont want to start a WW 3 :(

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

China is going to start this in WAR TO 

The U.S. Military Is Worried China Could Start World War III

In testimony given to the Senate Armed Services Committee, a top Navy official stated that he believes China could attempt to reunite with Taiwan by force within the next six years.

The U.S. Military Is Worried China Could Start World War III | The National Interest

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

they are because the we have one  of  weakness of our the president we ever had, Biden :(

Edited by docyabut2

6 hours ago, Grey Area said:

Now, I simply cannot see any way out for him, and am wondering how he managed to fumble the ball so bad.

There is still the brinksmanship negotiation.  Putin knows NATO will not attack him.  He also knows NATO will say something about protecting the integrity of Russia's borders.   If invasion looks too costly, he can come away next Tuesday with a sigh a relief on Russian television and say he had to stand tough, but he finally won the concessions Russia needed to be safe.  Who will contradict him?  He will remain the people's hero. MAybe enough for him to save face, maybe not.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

they are because the we have one  of  weakness of our the president we ever had, Biden

Yes indeed, we should have Hillary in there.  Putin is afraid of her

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Yes indeed, we should have Hillary in there.  Putin is afraid of her

no he was not afraid of her but a strong president  Trump ;:)

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

no he was not afraid of her but a strong president  Trump ;:)

Putin liked Trump because Trump was his lapdog.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

If anybody's interested in keeping up to date with this stuff before it hits the media, check this out. It's a live stream.

American intelligence is saying Russian troops have received the order to proceed with the invasion of Ukraine. 

Sightings of Russian military equipment within 5 miles of the Ukranian border.  The breakaway regions have issued general mobilization orders for the people living in the regions.  A lot of Russian military vehicles have been sighted with a Z painted on the side. 

Artillery attacks along the breakaway regions have increased drastically and Russia has already claimed the Ukranian military is so far responsible for a house in Russian territory being struck by artillery (house looked abandoned and it wasnt easily determinable if it had been hit by artillery or is just falling apart naturally), that a gas pipeline has been targeted by Ukranian saboteurs, that Ukranian saboteurs tried to blow up a large chlorine gas container in the break away regions near a civilian population, and doing interviews with a person they claim is a captured Ukranian saboteur with said person saying how Ukraine issued orders for special force saboteurs to target critical infrastructure/civilians in the break away regions.

Some speculation online that the invasion wont start till after 5 pm EST as by then the last of the planes carrying European athletes who competed in the Olympics should be out of Ukranian airspace.  The reasoning being Russia wont want a repeat of accidentally shooting down a civilian airline again.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Sad 3

I wonder if Kyiv will look like Grozny, when Putin gets finished?

image.jpeg.3a08d6b01177f2ebf3cf887992e2cad9.jpeg

Kiev has a population nearly six times as large :( 

Yet again French President Macron is telling the public that he has managed to convince Putin to commit to a ceasefire. Lol.

I have figured it all out people.

Some of you used to laugh at me for saying God favours the freest nations, and elevates them to greatness. Well Britain got its freedom recently. And look what is happening. As soon as those sanctions cut off Russian gas and oil the German economy is going to fail. So we got our freedom, and to help us God is going to ruin the economy of the EU.

Brilliant!!!

• Haha 1

According to intelligence, I think its American but not completely sure, Russia is compiling a list of Ukranians to kill or to send to camps during the invasion.  Intelligence is also saying it seems Russia is planning on taking all of Ukraine and the initial physical attack will be a massive missile, artillery, and bombing attack.  Expected Ukranian casualties in the first day are in the tens of thousands.

Seems Putin will be fine with completely destroying Ukranian infrastructure, it would serve the benefit of even if he loses that Ukraine will remain in economic ruin for a decade or more.  Instead of Kiev looking like Gronzy it might be every city in Ukraine.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Sad 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked