Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?


Grim Reaper 6
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

You know, I think the Russians are just offering a token gesture defence before falling back.

They are playing for time rather than mounting a hard defence.

 

crazy leader.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • DarkHunter

    1308

  • Helen of Annoy

    3277

  • Occult1

    1658

  • Grim Reaper 6

    1326

11 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Russia are the ones who invaded Ukraine. Ukraine even agreed to their demands but russia still went in. The sanctions shouldn't affect the uk as much as it does the EU. Prices are sky rocketing cause companies are being greedy ****s.

I can see why putler is annoyed at nato for expanding to its borders but can you blame people wanting to join nato after his actions? How many times have nato attacked russia?

Three Points:

Ukrainian Coup: We funded and helped two minority far-right parties coup the Ukrainian President in 2015. These was because they wanted to take Ukraine into the EU. The coalition government from both of them made speaking Russian and holding dual Russian citizenship illegal. This provoked Russia to save the rights of its ex-pats in Eastern Ukraine by invading. Both those parties were openly Nazi parties. Since then, the current Ukrainian President has come to power but inherited that past. 

Greedy Companies: Your views are socialist fallacies. We live in a world with global markets and it`s the availability of resources on the global market that sets prices. 

NATO: We don`t consider the Russian perspective where they see and have always seen NATO as a threat. Therefore, creeping up to its borders wasn`t a wise move. It has provoked the current conflict.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:

Three Points:

Ukrainian Coup: We funded and helped two minority far-right parties coup the Ukrainian President in 2015. These was because they wanted to take Ukraine into the EU. The coalition government from both of them made speaking Russian and holding dual Russian citizenship illegal. This provoked Russia to save the rights of its ex-pats in Eastern Ukraine by invading. Both those parties were openly Nazi parties. Since then, the current Ukrainian President has come to power but inherited that past. 

Greedy Companies: Your views are socialist fallacies. We live in a world with global markets and it`s the availability of resources on the global market that sets prices. 

NATO: We don`t consider the Russian perspective where they see and have always seen NATO as a threat. Therefore, creeping up to its borders wasn`t a wise move. It has provoked the current conflict.

Good lord you sound like a Kremlin spokesman.

Justifying russias actions is sick.

And ye im a socialist, I believe companies need regulating properly because they can't be trusted and I'm right. This gov is borrowing £100billion to give energy companies to help lower bills when these companies have made record breaking profit already. Its wrong.

Russia have no right in what they done. And don't take this the wrong way Cookie but your track record is appalling you've got alot wrong in alot of threads.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ukraine can defend its self into a smoldering radioactive creator for all I care. I oppose all US military support for this stupid war. **** Russia **** Ukraine & most of all **** supporting this war. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Good lord you sound like a Kremlin spokesman.

Justifying russias actions is sick.

And ye im a socialist, I believe companies need regulating properly because they can't be trusted and I'm right. This gov is borrowing £100billion to give energy companies to help lower bills when these companies have made record breaking profit already. Its wrong.

Russia have no right in what they done. And don't take this the wrong way Cookie but your track record is appalling you've got alot wrong in alot of threads.

Peace won`t come when both sides refuse to accept the perspectives of the other.

Time to put your diplomat hat on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, el midgetron said:

Ukraine can defend its self into a smoldering radioactive creator for all I care. I oppose all US military support for this stupid war. **** Russia **** Ukraine & most of all **** supporting this war. 

I completely agree, it`s affecting my share prices.

What do I care about an insignificant backwater part of Europe? Leave them too it or get the war finished by sending NATO in.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have not got a problem with people not wanting war (I don't want war), people who don't want to get involved due to the possibility of it spreading.

But I do have a problem with people supporting russia and even justifying the war putler started.

Ukraine should keep fighting until russia ****s off and I honestly think ots time for a regime change in russia. The cia are good at regime changes.....

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

Peace won`t come when both sides refuse to accept the perspectives of the other.

Time to put your diplomat hat on.

Please, whatever you do, do not put the UK diplomat hat on. It always ended up in tragedy.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, acidhead said:

"Its allways something about what Ukraine should do, never a word about [ ] Russia" 

 b.s.

I've always maintained both sides should declare a ceasefire,  listen to individuals who live there and come to a compromise. Seek a peaceful resolution. It includes both Russia and Ukraine. It's not for me to take sides on what's been going on there for years or since late February of this year. The past is irrelevant at this point to most rational individuals looking at what is going on there in the present time. To top it off western nations pouring fuel on the fire has only worsen the conflict when cooler heads from western nations should be seeking diplomacy. Half the planet doesn't need to continually be harassed with the threat of nuclear war over a stupid Civil dispute in a country bordered with Russia. It never should have come to the point that the Russian government decided to end the Civil dispute in Ukraine through the use of military force but here we are. It was dumb for Ukraine to allow it to go on for years and it's just as dumb and stupid Russia decided to go into Ukraine and do something about it. Advocating for more war over a ceasefire, peaceful dialogue and some sort of compromise is totally and unequivocally reckless behaviour by any individual who considers themself to be rationally looking at the situation logically.

 

 

image.thumb.png.5332f6e3a538719820c7c9d3946281d8.png

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ukraine war: Biden says nuclear risk highest since 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis

''The risk of a nuclear "Armageddon" is at its highest level since the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis, US President Joe Biden has said.

Mr Biden said Russia's President Vladimir Putin was "not joking" when he spoke of using tactical nuclear weapons after suffering setbacks in Ukraine.

The US was "trying to figure out" Mr Putin's way out of the war, he added.

The US and the EU have previously said Mr Putin's nuclear sabre-rattling should be taken seriously.''

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63167947

 

Seems the U.S./NATO want to provoke Russia to a nuclear war over Ukraine

Edited by Occult1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sabre rattling and internet prognosticators aside, the cracks in the Russian military machine are widening. Even Vladdy's private murderers are feeling the effects now.

"Morale is plummeting in Putin’s private army as Russia’s war in Ukraine falters"

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/06/europe/wagner-ukraine-struggles-marat-gabidullin-cmd-intl/index.html

"While problems of supply and morale, as well as allegations of war crimes have been well documented among regular Russian troops, the existence of similar crises among Wagner mercenaries, often described as President Vladimir Putin’s off-the-books shock troops, is a dire omen for Russia’s war in Ukraine. In reality, though, Wagner – like Russia – is struggling in Ukraine, according to the video testimony of the group’s own mercenary fighters."

"Wagner’s struggles in Ukraine have set in motion a wider problem: discontent in its ranks. For a group that depends on the appeal of its salaries and work, that’s critical."

"From intercepted phone calls, Ukrainian intelligence services in August noted a “general decline in morale and the psychological state” of Wagner troops, Ukrainian defense intelligence spokesman Yusov said. It’s a trend he’s also seen in Russian troops more broadly".

"The reduction in Wagner recruitment requirements point to demoralization too, he said, and the number of “truly professional soldiers who are willing to volunteer to fight with Wagner” is also decreasing."

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

I'm guessing they mean maggots instead of worms, but having the maggots/worms in his wound probably saved his life.  Maggots generally dont eat living flesh and will eat the dead and rotting flesh which would drastically reduce the risk of the soldier getting gangrene.

It's not pleasant but given Russia's medical field treatment of soldiers having maggots in a wound is probably one of the better things that can happen to a wounded Russian soldier.

Yes, maggots, not worms. Sorry. I didn't notice until you reminded me that the proper English word for these critters is maggots. 

And yes, better maggots than gangrene. There's even an actual therapy involving maggots, in official medicine. 

But the kid was near amputation or death anyway so I'd say the best thing that can happen to a russian soldier in Ukraine, especially the wounded ones, is to be captured by Ukrainians.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, acidhead said:

"Its allways something about what Ukraine should do, never a word about [ ] Russia" 

 b.s.

I've always maintained both sides should declare a ceasefire,  listen to individuals who live there and come to a compromise. Seek a peaceful resolution. It includes both Russia and Ukraine. It's not for me to take sides on what's been going on there for years or since late February of this year. The past is irrelevant at this point to most rational individuals looking at what is going on there in the present time. To top it off western nations pouring fuel on the fire has only worsen the conflict when cooler heads from western nations should be seeking diplomacy. Half the planet doesn't need to continually be harassed with the threat of nuclear war over a stupid Civil dispute in a country bordered with Russia. It never should have come to the point that the Russian government decided to end the Civil dispute in Ukraine through the use of military force but here we are. It was dumb for Ukraine to allow it to go on for years and it's just as dumb and stupid Russia decided to go into Ukraine and do something about it. Advocating for more war over a ceasefire, peaceful dialogue and some sort of compromise is totally and unequivocally reckless behaviour by any individual who considers themself to be rationally looking at the situation logically.

 

 

 

Advocate russian withdrawal if you want peace. 

Without disingenuous implying that the victim, Ukraine, owes to the perpetrator, putin's russia, anything.   

Blaming Ukraine is not going to stop the war. 

russian imperialist aggression had nothing to do with "protecting" Russian-speaking people they supposedly care about - they are being forcefully mobilized and wasted as cannon fodder. 

This is land grab and genocide in Ukraine. putin's russians are invaders in sovereign country with indisputable borders. This is also totalitarian terror in Russia. 

You can't compromise with totalitarian, genocidal freaks. You can only be so stupid to give them more time and chances to attack you again. 

 

You are not advocating peace. Or that Musk guy or any of those who peddle pro-russian narrative. 

It is not peace if genocide was accomplished. It would be the defeat of humanity, not peace. 

Find some compassion for Russians, if you can't find it for Ukrainians, and stop trying to help genocidal putin's regime by spreading its totally psychopath ideas.   

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, odas said:

Please, whatever you do, do not put the UK diplomat hat on. It always ended up in tragedy.

Ah is that a dig at past south-eastern European state building?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Polling shows the majority of US population, both democrats and Republican supporting continued aide to Ukraine. Midterm results will hardly be from Ukriane.

 

I've seen somewhere it's above 70% for continuing the aid for Ukraine :nw:

It's good for the US too, to have something convincing majority of population agrees about. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, pellinore said:

 

crazy leader.png

We shouldn`t laugh about the North Koreans and how they see the US as its mortal enemy.

All it takes is a single 20KT warhead to end the North American continent. All he has to do is detonate it on one of the USs major nuclear power plants. Even worse, he could end the whole of life on Earth if he detonates it on one of the USs cobalt refineries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Russia are the ones who invaded Ukraine. Ukraine even agreed to their demands but russia still went in. The sanctions shouldn't affect the uk as much as it does the EU. Prices are sky rocketing cause companies are being greedy ****s.

In short, yes. It goes for the EU too. Which is why I'm very much in favour of governments regulating everything that shows signs of being profiteered on.   

 

3 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

I can see why putler is annoyed at nato for expanding to its borders but can you blame people wanting to join nato after his actions? How many times have nato attacked russia?

I live in a country that wasn't even a part of the USSR and we were a sort of cat flap in the Iron Curtain - and still the majority of my country's population absolutely wanted to join NATO and I haven't met a real, live NATO-skeptic yet. It's like they exist on the Internet only.   

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

In short, yes. It goes for the EU too. Which is why I'm very much in favour of governments regulating everything that shows signs of being profiteered on.  

I live in a country that wasn't even a part of the USSR and we were a sort of cat flap in the Iron Curtain - and still the majority of my country's population absolutely wanted to join NATO and I haven't met a real, live NATO-skeptic yet. It's like they exist on the Internet only.   

It has its uses, and our alliance block is rich.

Probably because we take everyones oil and natural resources lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Ukraine can defend its self into a smoldering radioactive creator for all I care. I oppose all US military support for this stupid war. **** Russia **** Ukraine & most of all **** supporting this war. 

You seem agitated. 

Let me help you relax: the war will be over (relatively) soon. Wasn't that what you claimed to be interested in? Back then when you demanded Ukrainian surrender or else they are guilty for deaths of their children? Remember? You said I'm guilty for deaths of Ukrainian children too, because I disagreed with surrendering to putler's russians. Who raped a literal baby before murdering it. 

Surrendering to orcs means your death will be uglier. 

So the war will be over (relatively, reasonably) soon. With generous American help, which will be remembered by every Eastern European and favors will be returned to the USA. And UK too. A friend in need is a friend indeed. (Regarding Europe, it's excellent that the all-European conference was held, to connect all European countries, except putler's russia and lukashenka's belarus, in these times when coordination between us is that, what will save our lives and freedom. So we can get on each other's nerves in peace.) 

Don't you feel better now?

Because you just want peace, not putler to win, right? 

Vse bude dobre. Everything will be all right. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

But they had looted washing machines in there (seriously, I think two in different parts of literal pigsty). 

Makes me wonder if they're maybe praying to washing machines or something, because they are definitely not using them the way it was intended. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I secretly hope it was a sabotage, but I must stay realistic and assume it was just the usual level of safety standards in russia. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

    • Occult1